Forums

Hongmoon Outfits & NC Response

2 hours ago, Shmoof said:

Um... I don't want to be that guy but... the Master Pack costumes are account bound and can be mailed between characters on the same account... It's not as if they can't do it. They clearly can. 

I can understand why they aren't doing it though. Everyone would only buy 1 or 2 costumes and just switch them between characters instead of 1 or 2 costumes for each character. It seems to me that they're trying to figure out how best to monetize the transfer process without receiving too much backlash from the community. They're probably trying to strike up some kind of balance between their loss on outfits not being sold and players saving money by transferring their outfits. 

I think this is a reasonable statement. I guess the main thing we can just hope for is that the item they're making isn't gonna cost more than the outfit lol...

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'd rather like to see wardrobe be available to everyone, but have it accountwide for premium users.

Story thus far: BnS released in the west, players were unhappy with high cash shop prices and especially character-bound outfits. NC West recognized this as a problem. Rukkirii posted that they're wor

I just read something about having to pay to trade stuff and I was already done. They really are trying to milk this damn cow as much as possible -.-   I really don't like that.  

I am completely on the side for cheaper costumes or at least making them account wide (if not only for premium members). I made a thread earlier that prestige levels should have higher rewards since to get to level 6-10 is an absolutely horrid amount of USD you must spend to get there. 

However, this is a free-to-play system. It costs money to keep servers up, to keep up with the expanding playerbase, and to push employees into overtime dealing with the current issues in game at the moment. 

TRUST ME, I am not defending NC Soft's decision to make costumes as high priced as they are, but try and see it from their side as well.  Account wide costumes would be really nice though, especially cause this game's importance = 1. vanity 2. pvp 3. pve ;)

On 2/1/2016 at 6:35 PM, Sassychan said:

I'd rather like to see wardrobe be available to everyone, but have it accountwide for premium users.

I rather like that idea. when I heard my clanmates first mention wanting to trash outfits due to lack of space It dawned on me just how many pieces there are if you want to collect them and don't have premium.

However regardless I'd like there to at lease be an account bound transfer via wardrobe for your account. Like have it be limited to one instance. but available to all.

ex. Character A has the outfit on. Character B logs in, checks wardrobe, items isn't there. Character A takes off outfit and puts it in wardrobe. Character B can now pull it out of the wardrobe.

On 2/1/2016 at 9:42 PM, Iduno said:

TBH at least with me, this has been NCSoft killing the golden goose before it can lay the eggs.

At first I wanted to buy a couple of outfits that stand out to me and to keep an eye on coming releases for anything else I might want but as soon as I heard they were character locked I was put right off and now hearing that their "fix" is "We'll let you buy something else to get full usage of the outfits you buy" my response to the costumes, which were pretty much the only things in the cash store that held my interest is pretty much this.

59c.gif

Dragon Nest has a limit to how many times a costume item can be unbound, is this going to be that much of a problem if we have to spend $1-$5 a costume unbind in Blade and Soul?

On 2/1/2016 at 7:07 PM, Iduno said:

But competing games certainly do have costumes without these restrictions placed on them, I've got PSO2 installing again on my current laptop right now and it has no such restrictions, care to guess which game I've given more of my money to?

Do you really want to get into PSO2 model of buying random lottery instead of just buying what you want?!

You can buy 12 tickets and maybe get enough back from selling to get the one item you wanted. Or you could get the item you wanted. Or you could get one of the couple of items worth a decent sum and buy whatever you want.

Heaven help you if what you want is a new long hairstyle or... omg why... a new lobby action.  You can open 36 tickets and still not making enough to buy off of other players.

Did you also forget to mention how hairstyles, accessories, iris type, make-up, eyebrows etc etc etc are ALL character locked and the real money makers?

The outfits comes in sufficient colors and cheap enough price that I can get one for each of my characters most of the time without breaking the bank (Saber's outfit or camo notwithstanding for example).  But everything else is character bound and often costs crazy amount of money. 

That is assuming you don't decide to get cozy with the RNGesus and hope you get it from the lottery.

I love PSO2, but you shouldn't be holding it on some pedestal. Besides SEGA America's incompetence, I'm pretty sure PSO2 cosmetics model would raise quite the ire in the west.

People that say "Oh, it's a free game they need to make money somehow", Don't you guys realize that they would make more money if they just give the people what they want? I seriously don't think that making the outfits to be account bound would make them lose money, it would make people be more willing to buy them.

Ugh, trading through mail though? Just have some account wide wardrobe for premium users tbh. It's all about USABILITY which having to visit a mail NPC, typing the name correctly, sending it, visiting the mail NPC on that other character, then grabbing it out of the mail. Where as a wardrobe, click, store, switch, hotkey wardrobe, click move to inv,, equip. Less hassle and less movement.

I agree that the consumable will be acceptable IF it makes the outfit tradeable within one's account forever. Otherwise, it's basically just a cash grab that only about 100 people will use once and nobody else.

I also agree with the idea that outfits should be account-wide to begin with. These are digital goods, people: NCsoft or whomever makes them incurs NO REPLICATION COSTS. They only have to create the models ONCE before they can sell their customers an unlimited ammount of them. Don't let them rob you just because 'they have to make money'. If you are using that mentality, you might as well not complain the day someone steals your wallet.

After all, the thief 'had to make money somehow'.

On 2/1/2016 at 9:35 PM, Sassychan said:

this here is the best option. and ncsoft you will make more money when people want to buy more cloths because now they have a place to put it. they will want to spend the money to fill up the wardrobe. outfits are a big part of the game,  restricting people from it is just frustrating and adds less fun. make the cloths account wide and you will get even more people to buy premium just for that feature! :)

On 2/2/2016 at 8:45 PM, Shmoof said:

I can understand why they aren't doing it though. Everyone would only buy 1 or 2 costumes and just switch them between characters instead of 1 or 2 costumes for each character.

I'm inclined to disagree.  I typically don't like my characters looking like each other.  I don't want my blademaster looking anything like my force master, and my assassin definitely won't look at all like my destroyer.  Regardless of accountwideness, I'll be buying 1 (or maybe 2) appropriate outfits per character.

The primary reason I want account wide outfits are for seasonal/holiday stuff (and possibly the odd "just for kicks" outfit).  There ain't no way I'm paying $15 for a holiday outfit to wear every fifth day for the 3 weeks around x-mas.  Just ain't happening.

On 2/1/2016 at 8:30 PM, TaruV said:

Story thus far: BnS released in the west, players were unhappy with high cash shop prices and especially character-bound outfits. NC West recognized this as a problem. Rukkirii posted that they're working on a solution. I don't have the mad skillz to find and quote the original post, but here's what he(?) said.

"We wanted to jump in here and let you know that being able to trade costumes across an account is something we are in fact working on. Once available, this will be a new purchasable consumable that can be used on an already purchased Hongmoon Store character bound cosmetic, which will allow it to be mailed to another character on your account.

We don’t have an estimate of when it’ll be available just yet, but we’ll be sure to provide additional details soon as we have them."

There are many threads on the subject, but none of them focus on the real concern: will this new consumable solve the problem, or come across as just a cash grab to disappoint and alienate prospective outfit buyers? It's great that NCsoft recognizes Hongmoon Store cosmetics as something that needs to be available to all characters on an account once bought. This tells me they do listen to player input and gives me hope that this MMO might be worth sticking with.

What worries me is that the new consumable will be a non-solution such as allowing a cosmetic to be mailed once and then needing to be bought again for further mailing of the same item. I want to communicate clearly that this is not an acceptable solution to the problem. It's not a solution at all, it's a plain and simple rip-off and not what we're asking for.

At these prices the cosmetics should be account-bound to begin with. If that's not an option for technical or other reasons, a reasonably priced consumable that turns an existing cosmetic into a version that can be mailed to other characters on the same account unlimited times is a good enough solution. If that mailable version can't be traded or salvaged, that's fine, but it has to be mailable forever.

How do you feel about this consumable?

Yea I'm not buying an item that allows me to remove it from one characters wardrobe and put it in anothers, that's such an backhand to the face of players.  They should be working on a 1 time item that makes your entire wardrobe account wide, PERIOD.  This game is really getting shady, it just goes to show no matter how much passion people have for a beautiful and amazing product, corporate  greed will always ruin it.

7 hours ago, Skarwind said:

I think the cash shop would be more successful if outfits were account bound. 

They would. They need only look as far as another game they manage for the profit margin of cosmetic items: Guild Wars 2.  The costumes around 10 bucks a pop, account bound.  They probably sell rather well, seeing as they release a new cosmetic item of some sort every couple months.  Why would they put forth the effort to make them if they didn't sell?

This game already has the luxury of having had it's costumes made by the original team. All they have to do is market them in a way that will make players want to spend money.  So far, in the traditional NCSoft fashion, they're not inspiring me to open up my wallet.

Edited by Kirisi
muh grammar
On 2/1/2016 at 10:02 PM, Iduno said:

That's weird, you seem to be responding to something that is not there, I can't see a single person in this thread complaining that outfits are being sold through the cash shop.

The complaint here seems to be that people want to buy their outfits and do whatever they like with the products they've just payed money for, at that moment they aren't complaining about something free but about the specific part that they've paid for.

"But it's free" is the cry of someone who would never spend any money on the game no matter what the circumstance and doesn't understand that the model doesn't exist out of philanthropy but because it can rake in more cash than unit sales or subs if done right.

+101 i hate people who respond with reading comprehension problems.

12 hours ago, Raenef said:

People that say "Oh, it's a free game they need to make money somehow", Don't you guys realize that they would make more money if they just give the people what they want? I seriously don't think that making the outfits to be account bound would make them lose money, it would make people be more willing to buy them.

thats what i've been saying. I stopped buying costumes after realizing how much of a rip off this is.

On 2/1/2016 at 1:42 PM, Iduno said:

TBH at least with me, this has been NCSoft killing the golden goose before it can lay the eggs.

At first I wanted to buy a couple of outfits that stand out to me and to keep an eye on coming releases for anything else I might want but as soon as I heard they were character locked I was put right off and now hearing that their "fix" is "We'll let you buy something else to get full usage of the outfits you buy" my response to the costumes, which were pretty much the only things in the cash store that held my interest is pretty much this.

59c.gif

Can't "like" this enough, word for word it's exactly my response. I've bought one costume at the early stages for my sin, due to high ping I've since moved to destroyer, can't take the (limited) costume I paid for with me (And there's many more I had earmarked for 'buy later').

Not forking out a single cent until this is changed.

On 2/2/2016 at 5:45 AM, Shmoof said:

Everyone would only buy 1 or 2 costumes and just switch them between characters instead of 1 or 2 costumes for each character.

Isnt better for them to see ppl buy 1-2costume instead of none at all because abused overpriced price + cant send to another character ?

But well, outside of the outfit question, they are way too greedy from the start regarding somes cash shop item price. ( or stuff to force ppl to pay )

They are just disgusting.

Edited by wootwoots

The shop would be more successful if cosmetics were tradable, but still bind on equip.

Players would be willing to spend even more money if they could grab a few cosmetics for themselves and be able to sell a few for in-game currency to those who can't afford to spend money on cosmetics.

Edited by Ebrietaz
2 hours ago, Kirisi said:

They would. They need only look as far as another game they manage for the profit margin of cosmetic items: Guild Wars 2.  The costumes around 10 bucks a pop, account bound.  They probably sell rather well, seeing as they release a new cosmetic item of some sort every couple months.  Why would they put forth the effort to make them if they didn't sell?

This game already has the luxury of having had it's costumes made by the original team. All they have to do is market them in a way that will make players want to spend money.  So far, in the traditional NCSoft fashion, they're not inspiring me to open up my wallet.

GW2 paid weapon skins and dyes are in RNG boxes, so there is that. The tickets you can get to trade for them are also RNG-based. GW2 may be preferable with account unlocked outfits and transmutable armor via stones, but it still has issues itself.

On 31.01.2016 г. at 4:30 AM, TaruV said:

Story thus far: BnS released in the west, players were unhappy with high cash shop prices and especially character-bound outfits. NC West recognized this as a problem. Rukkirii posted that they're working on a solution. I don't have the mad skillz to find and quote the original post, but here's what he(?) said.

"We wanted to jump in here and let you know that being able to trade costumes across an account is something we are in fact working on. Once available, this will be a new purchasable consumable that can be used on an already purchased Hongmoon Store character bound cosmetic, which will allow it to be mailed to another character on your account.

We don’t have an estimate of when it’ll be available just yet, but we’ll be sure to provide additional details soon as we have them."

There are many threads on the subject, but none of them focus on the real concern: will this new consumable solve the problem, or come across as just a cash grab to disappoint and alienate prospective outfit buyers? It's great that NCsoft recognizes Hongmoon Store cosmetics as something that needs to be available to all characters on an account once bought. This tells me they do listen to player input and gives me hope that this MMO might be worth sticking with.

What worries me is that the new consumable will be a non-solution such as allowing a cosmetic to be mailed once and then needing to be bought again for further mailing of the same item. I want to communicate clearly that this is not an acceptable solution to the problem. It's not a solution at all, it's a plain and simple rip-off and not what we're asking for.

At these prices the cosmetics should be account-bound to begin with. If that's not an option for technical or other reasons, a reasonably priced consumable that turns an existing cosmetic into a version that can be mailed to other characters on the same account unlimited times is a good enough solution. If that mailable version can't be traded or salvaged, that's fine, but it has to be mailable forever.

How do you feel about this consumable?

I don't know about you but I love spending money 

6Gvra.gif

On 2/1/2016 at 7:43 PM, Despondency said:

If people are going to complain about cosmetics in a free game, then I have no words, as that's truly pathetic. They need to make money somehow without rolling into adding items to the store which make it seem more Pay2Win then it should be, such as adding Moon Water Transformation Stones to said shop, which I'm glad they didn't, and haven't. But, they need to make money and cosmetics are exactly how they're going to do that. I don't mind what they do and let's not forget that their prices are cheaper than the Guild Wars 2 cash shop.

That is pathetic, good thing no one's complaining about that and that's not what the topic is about.

On topic, that's ok EXXXXXCCCCEEEPT now I'll be having a $20 account costume (or more).

So they read that the community complains about high outfit prices as well as the inability to trade said outfits between characters in one account. The best solution they come up with is to charge extra... O.o

Edited by Nanashi