In light of recent RNG-box threads.

Enhance

Many might have noticed the influx of threads about rigged RNG and not getting your weapon in X boxes despite the chance being as it is, all that jazz.

I have compiled a helpful chart to shed some light on the situation.

KTriQsf.png

Now as you can see here, because of the numbers of boxes getting quite large (Running a dungeon 20 times is quite a lot!), the amount of threads starts rising early into the blue curve, representing the chance of still not having your weapon. I assure you, however, that this is a false alarm. As you can see on the chart, even at that point you still have quite a decent chance of not having your weapon, which you have been lucky enough to encounter.

Now, I'm not saying that I'm 100% sure that RNG is not rigged, no-no-no. Sure, it might be. Heck, it might depend on your name having "xX Xx" around it, I'm not an Nc dev, I can't tell. What I can tell, however, is that the threads that try to make that accusation are mostly people emotionally upset by the amount of not-their-class weapons they have. So if you're in doubt,  find your case in the below chart, and see how lucky you got - assuming the RNG is not rigged, which is the more likely theory.

Numbers in more detail:

8rcMtiZ.png

1 minute ago, EasleyRR said:

The only thing i have to say about it is... Those chests(purple one) we get from POH 6-24 man, sux...It just gives "healing tonic", and rarely an an Unsealing Charm...

The boxes that have chance of loot (the things that have "%" next to them in loot list), I'm not talking about. The chance there is not published as far as I know. I'm just talking about the boxes that give you a random weapon of 8.

The chance to get your own class weapon is lower (or everyone is unlucky). I've opened about 100 chests since I started and only gotten my weapon twice, I think the reason they did this is so you amass gear to level your weapon when you do get what you need. Also, it's extremely easy to make drop rates change per class or race because the game constantly references these things, so they have an ID you can pull when going through drop tables

Also Also, column 3 made me giggle.

27 minutes ago, OddFinrir said:

The chance to get your own class weapon is lower (or everyone is unlucky). I've opened about 100 chests since I started and only gotten my weapon twice, I think the reason they did this is so you amass gear to level your weapon when you do get what you need. Also, it's extremely easy to make drop rates change per class or race because the game constantly references these things, so they have an ID you can pull when going through drop tables

Also Also, column 3 made me giggle.

True about the difficulty, but I'd argue on the actual thing being rigged. If it is rigged, it's most likely done to increase the demand on brilliant keys, which is not beyond them I believe - but still, it does seem quite plausible that someone in a community of hundreds of thousands would be that unlucky guy that opened a dozen chests to find nothing but warlock razors.

It's just that everyone doesn't post threads like "I got my weapon from 5th try, I'm reasonably ok with this", so it seems like everyone's getting bad rates. Personally I got my weapons in 5 to 20 boxes.

I can honestly say I've not made a thread about it here yet (though I have replied here and elsewhere just to say that it is annoying to see all the warlock drops when we can't play as a warlock), but I went WAY past 36.  I had over 10 warlock weapons alone for one box. Altogether it was like 37 boxes that time?

I know another one I went past 60 boxes.

I recall during beta, I went past 100.

But I'm also the person who has the worst luck possible. Over 1 million fails at 1% fail chance in a row. Rolled 20 d20s in real life, could only fail if I rolled all 1s, rolled all 1s.

People actually watched as I failed twice in a row on a 100% visible success rate (Meaning the success rate was something like 99.99%)

1 minute ago, SinNoAria said:

I can honestly say I've not made a thread about it here yet (though I have replied here and elsewhere just to say that it is annoying to see all the warlock drops when we can't play as a warlock), but I went WAY past 36.  I had over 10 warlock weapons alone for one box. Altogether it was like 37 boxes that time?

I know another one I went past 60 boxes.

I went way past 60... Still no sword. Still no topic about it.

But I cry every time.

Archived