Cannot Gather (Bug? Glitch? As Intended?)

Makuramen

I cannot seem to gather any nodes despite having the required gathering tools needed.  The nodes always tell me "You do not have enough permissions" and the chat window says "This item belongs to another player". There's been no one near the node but me for well over 10 minutes now...Why am I still not able to gather?  I understand that if another player begins gathering but never picks up the resource, then it is claimed to be theirs.  That's fine, but put a limit on how long that node can be tagged, about 5 minutes would be good.  This seems to just be an oversight in the programming, but it could be fixed very simply.

Please look into it!

Thanks.

Yeah, that seems to happen quite often. I think it's just trolling tho. On an unrelated note, do you have Prospector Union as one of your gathering guilds? If yes, then have you tried gathering the 'Raw Iron' at the locations other than the one South-West of Oakshade Village? Because I can't gather any of the Raw Iron ore whether it be the one behind Yonkai's Tent/building North of Yonkai Excavation site or the one behind the fence at Vagrant's Rest in the Spirestone Canyons. Really hope someone can help me with this.

Update:

Waited at an active (ready to be looted) water well node for about 50 minutes just now.  Had the "F" key held down as I saw about 2 players every minute come up to the same well trying to get the water like me.  Seriously...PLEASE FIX NODE GATHERING! It is entirely worthless except for a few fortune ones who get it without getting "This item belongs to another player" for 50+ minutes!!! Also, 1 node for 50+ players within an hour or so of time is extremely deterring for players trying to do anything with professions.

Please fix!

Things I can think of:

- You may have a jar of another region on you, not suitable for the well you are trying to gather. Gathering tools are suitable per map region.

- You may have full inventory.

- You may not have full inventory but still having things in your "extra" slots, waiting to go in your inventory. Anything with a number near your Esc menu, check it.

- Try relogging.

- Try opening a ticket. They will not fix it if you post it in forums as it is not a bug for all of us, you need to contact the support individually with screenshot of the location and your inventory.

On 2/3/2016 at 7:08 PM, Makuramen said:

Update:

Waited at an active (ready to be looted) water well node for about 50 minutes just now.  Had the "F" key held down as I saw about 2 players every minute come up to the same well trying to get the water like me.  Seriously...PLEASE FIX NODE GATHERING! It is entirely worthless except for a few fortune ones who get it without getting "This item belongs to another player" for 50+ minutes!!! Also, 1 node for 50+ players within an hour or so of time is extremely deterring for players trying to do anything with professions.

Please fix!

5 hours ago, Bronthe said:

Things I can think of:

- You may have a jar of another region on you, not suitable for the well you are trying to gather. Gathering tools are suitable per map region.

- You may have full inventory.

- You may not have full inventory but still having things in your "extra" slots, waiting to go in your inventory. Anything with a number near your Esc menu, check it.

- Try relogging.

- Try opening a ticket. They will not fix it if you post it in forums as it is not a bug for all of us, you need to contact the support individually with screenshot of the location and your inventory.

Even checking those boxes, I've had similar issues.  Gathering quartz and springwater seems to be pretty broken.

Archived