Kirin ?? Seems an odd creature choice

Kensho1996

I have wondered about this since CBT and wonder if anyone else knows why Kirin were used for the lyn race ..

the other 3 are Feng Shui or Daoist .. Green Dragon is opposite the white tiger .. Black turtle is opposite the phoenix ..

Just seemed so odd to me that they KIND of used the structure but then seemed to go off on an tangent 

Does anyone know?

Not going to lessen the amusement I get from the game BUT it seemed a bit odd

27 minutes ago, Kensho1996 said:

I have wondered about this since CBT and wonder if anyone else knows why Kirin were used for the lyn race ..

the other 3 are Feng Shui or Daoist .. Green Dragon is opposite the white tiger .. Black turtle is opposite the phoenix ..

Just seemed so odd to me that they KIND of used the structure but then seemed to go off on an tangent 

Does anyone know?

Not going to lessen the amusement I get from the game BUT it seemed a bit odd

Here you go.

Girin or 기린 is the Korean form of "qilin". It is described as a maned creature with the torso of a deer, an ox tail with the hooves of a horse. The qilin in Korean art were initially depicted as more deer-like, however over time they have transformed into more horse-like. They were one of the four divine creatures along with the dragon, phoenix and turtle. Gilin were extensively used in Korean royal and buddhist arts.

51 minutes ago, Roda said:

It's one of the four benevolent animals I believe.

you are correct they are celestial entities BUT the Kirin was Tiger in Chinese belief

41 minutes ago, Yeon said:

Here you go.

Girin or 기린 is the Korean form of "qilin". It is described as a maned creature with the torso of a deer, an ox tail with the hooves of a horse. The qilin in Korean art were initially depicted as more deer-like, however over time they have transformed into more horse-like. They were one of the four divine creatures along with the dragon, phoenix and turtle. Gilin were extensively used in Korean royal and buddhist arts.

and ty that might well explain it .. different culture maybe 

Tried goolgling but for religion and philosophy google is kind of use less as they only seem to ever bother with most popular .. 

TYVM for the info

Archived