[GUIDE] Installing Blade & Soul on Multiple PCs

Emya

Below is a guide on how to install Blade and Soul on multiple PCs (say, a laptop and desktop), without the hassle of re-downloading the client and patching all over again. The only requirement is that there should be at least one working client ready (playable and with up-to-date patches, let this be the source PC). The guide assumes that the playable client is installed on the default path "C:\Program Files (x86)\" (for 64-bit systems) and will be installed on the same path on the destination PC. Just make adjustments as necessary if you installed it somewhere else (or intend to place it somewhere else on the destination PC).

1. [From the source PC] Copy the contents of "C:\Program Files (x86)\NCSOFT" and "C:\Program Files (x86)\NCWest" to the same path on the destination PC (over the network or via USB, total file size is around 20.7GB as of this writing).

IhJ7Dgn.png

2. [On the destination PC] Create a shortcut on your desktop and navigate to "C:\Program Files (x86)\NCWest\NCLauncher\NCLauncher.exe"

hJujLmx.png

Press Next and name your shortcut whatever you want (ex: Blade & Soul).

It won't have the BnS default icon at first.

3. Right-click your newly created shortcut > Properties > Shortcut tab. On the target field, append " /LauncherID:"NCWest" /CompanyID:"12" /GameID:"BnS" /LUpdateAddr:"updater.nclauncher.ncsoft.com"" (without the outer quotes). The whole target field should now contain:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\NCWest\NCLauncher\NCLauncher.exe" /LauncherID:"NCWest" /CompanyID:"12" /GameID:"BnS" /LUpdateAddr:"updater.nclauncher.ncsoft.com"

On the Start-in field, put:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\NCWest\NCLauncher"

H36xSAf.png

[Optional] Change icon > Browse to "C:\Program Files (x86)\NCSOFT\BnS\bin\BnSClient.ico"

Click OK.

4. Run new shortcut as Administrator. Upon successful login, it will download the necessary registry fixes (around 9MB as tested earlier).

Hope this helps =)

Hi.

Say I want to put the game files in a folder in another drive, like "D:\Games\BladeAndSoul\".

NCSOFT and NCWest folders will be inside the BladeAndSoul folder.

Should I only change " "C:\Program Files (x86)\ " parts into "D:\Games\BladeAndSoul\"?

5 hours ago, Cideron said:

Hi.

Say I want to put the game files in a folder in another drive, like "D:\Games\BladeAndSoul\".

NCSOFT and NCWest folders will be inside the BladeAndSoul folder.

Should I only change " "C:\Program Files (x86)\ " parts into "D:\Games\BladeAndSoul\"?

Yup, final paths should be:

[Target field]

"D:\Games\BladeAndSoul\NCWest\NCLauncher\NCLauncher.exe" /LauncherID:"NCWest" /CompanyID:"12" /GameID:"BnS" /LUpdateAddr:"updater.nclauncher.ncsoft.com"

[Start in field]

"D:\Games\BladeAndSoul\NCWest\NCLauncher"

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, chinmi said:

my game is currently on my hdd D:\games, i wanna move it to my ssd E:\games

how to do it ? any registry to change ??

No need for registry changes (the launcher fixes it on its own).

I think you should:

1. Move the client to E:\

2. Run the launcher. If you moved the launcher directory as well, then you should also modify the BnS shortcut to point at the proper directories (see posts above)

3. Upon launching, it will tell you that the client files are missing so it will ask you where the files are located. Just browse to the new path where BnS is located and let it do its magic.

For those who want to launch the game faster:

During the part where the launcher displays 85B, it instead downloads something around 20MB to 25MB even if there is no patch.

Here's a simple workaround:

1. Download http://i.gflclan.com/start_client.bat

Open the downloaded bat file with notepad to verify its contents. It should contain:

start client.exe /launchbylauncher /sesskey /CompanyID: "12" /ChannelGroupIndex: "-1" /LoginMode 2 -lang:English -region:0

2. Place "start_client.bat" in "C:\Program Files (x86)\ncsoft\BnS\bin\". This is the default path where "Client.exe" is located.

3. Edit "start_client.bat" using any text editor like notepad.

For NA server: -region:0

For EU server: -region:1

4. Run or double-click "start_client.bat". This will bypass the launcher.

5. Play BnS  =)

Note:

Everytime there's a new patch, you have no choice but to re-run the original launcher again, so that it can patch properly. But you can run the bat file again after patching is done.

Hope this helps :)

Edit:

This doesn't work anymore as of the Silverfrost patch last 3/23

When I installed the game I let the client install by its own on driver C: but the whole game I wanted to save some space and I made it install on another driver G:  .I recently (yesterday) had to format one of my drivers. The C: one to be exact. There I had the NCSOFT client and now its gone. So my game is still downloaded on my other driver G: but I have no client. The problem I have now is to make the client recognise my already dowloaded game. I keep reading this thread but I feel really stupid, can't make it work.

Okay, I'll try to describe how I transferred BnS folders to other drives.

I hope this helps someone :)

1. I moved two folders named "NCSOFT" and "NCWest" from the default path "C:\Program Files (x86)\" to a folder named "BnS_NA" on my D: drive.

2. I don't want to have many folders so I end up raising the main client folder up the hierarchy. I ended up with the following contents in "D:\BnS_NA":

- folder "BnS" (the ~20GB+ main client)

- folder "NCLauncher" (the ~20MB+ launcher)

- shortcut "Blade and Soul.lnk" which I copied from the desktop (IMPORTANT! Needed for launch arguments)

Below are contents of "D:\BnS_NA", the root folder. Note that the shortcut icon got broken and needs updating.

v07r87E.png

Below are contents of folder "D:\BnS_NA\BnS", the main client:

bR0ZbCl.png

Below are contents of folder "D:\BnS_NA\NCLauncher":

Kw3hCn9.png

After the game client and launcher folders have been moved, edit line #3 of the config file "NCLauncher.ini". As an example specific for my case:

InstallFilePath=D:\BnS_NA\NCLauncher\Download

3. Now that the directories are set, the launcher shortcut "Blade and Soul.lnk" on "D:\BnS_NA\" needs to be updated, specifically, the target and start-in fields.

QYnupJM.png

Target field:

D:\BnS_NA\NCLauncher\NCLauncher.exe /LauncherID:"NCWest" /CompanyID:"12" /GameID:"BnS" /LUpdateAddr:"updater.nclauncher.ncsoft.com"

Start in field:

D:\BnS_NA\NCLauncher

*** Note: For the fields above, if you have spaces on your folder names, you should enclose the first argument (the path for NCLauncher.exe) between quotations.

Example: "D:\Blade and Soul NA\NCLauncher\NCLauncher.exe" /LauncherID:"NCWest" /CompanyID:"12" /GameID:"BnS" /LUpdateAddr:"updater.nclauncher.ncsoft.com"

Mine has no spaces so there's no need for quotations.

4. Now that the shortcut arguments have been updated, the shortcut icon can be updated next (for aesthetics, not really important)

UWSfxJU.png

Delete the original shortcut on your desktop to avoid confusion. Replace it with a copy of the updated one.

Don't move or delete the updated shortcut from your base path!

5. Right-click the shortcut → Run as administrator. If everything goes well, the login prompt gets displayed as shown below. Input your login details:

tOgXblj.png

6. You should see something like this. Press "Confirm".

akptyM0.png

7. Press Choose file path → Then select the path down to your "BnS" folder (and no further). For my case, its "D:\BnS_NA\BnS".

13BfEXV.png

8. Assuming that you have the latest patch and the game was working before you moved it, you should see "Latest patch has been installed" in a brief moment. It will then start checking the files. As this part may take a while, please don't confuse it with re-downloading the game (especially if the game is on HDD).

uYcH542.png

There's no bypassing new or missed patches so let it finish if its downloading something, typical patch sizes are just a few hundred MBs only anyways. Something's up if you have GBs on your download queue. And it shouldn't download anything at all if you have the latest patch.

9. Afterwards, you will see the familiar 85 Bytes part (there's a bypass for this, please see posts above EDIT: not working as of silverfrost patch):

uf1PejS.png

10. Game launches shortly

DZb6yRB.png

I hope this helps :)

• 1 month later...

hi! i tried your method but i got Launcher Data Error (E01005), how do i fix this? Thanks

EDIT: I've resolved my previous problem.

Now, my problem is that it downloads the game again and it saves it on the NCSoft on the Program File(x86). It did not show the "Choose file path" button rather it downloads a 9gb update. What should i do?

On 4/13/2016 at 7:33 AM, Monkey D Luffy said:

hi! i tried your method but i got Launcher Data Error (E01005), how do i fix this? Thanks

EDIT: I've resolved my previous problem.

Now, my problem is that it downloads the game again and it saves it on the NCSoft on the Program File(x86). It did not show the "Choose file path" button rather it downloads a 9gb update. What should i do?

Really sorry for the very late reply. You might have re-downloaded the game already at this point, but as reference for others, on your "NCLauncher" folder, there's this config file "NCLauncher.ini" containing the line:

The path specified by InstallFilePath needs to be updated (example path above is specific for my case).

Also, you might have accidentally ran an old desktop shortcut. Please try cleaning up old program shortcuts (desktop/ start menu) and use the modified one.

• 2 weeks later...

Life saver!

thank you this works pefectly :)

On 2/17/2016 at 10:54 AM, Emya said:

Okay, I'll try to describe how I transferred BnS folders to other drives.

I hope this helps someone :)

1. I moved two folders named "NCSOFT" and "NCWest" from the default path "C:\Program Files (x86)\" to a folder named "BnS_NA" on my D: drive.

2. I don't want to have many folders so I end up raising the main client folder up the hierarchy. I ended up with the following contents in "D:\BnS_NA":

- folder "BnS" (the ~20GB+ main client)

- folder "NCLauncher" (the ~20MB+ launcher)

- shortcut "Blade and Soul.lnk" which I copied from the desktop (IMPORTANT! Needed for launch arguments)

Below are contents of "D:\BnS_NA", the root folder. Note that the shortcut icon got broken and needs updating.

v07r87E.png

Below are contents of folder "D:\BnS_NA\BnS", the main client:

bR0ZbCl.png

Below are contents of folder "D:\BnS_NA\NCLauncher":

Kw3hCn9.png

After the game client and launcher folders have been moved, edit line #3 of the config file "NCLauncher.ini". As an example specific for my case:

3. Now that the directories are set, the launcher shortcut "Blade and Soul.lnk" on "D:\BnS_NA\" needs to be updated, specifically, the target and start-in fields.

QYnupJM.png

Target field:

D:\BnS_NA\NCLauncher\NCLauncher.exe /LauncherID:"NCWest" /CompanyID:"12" /GameID:"BnS" /LUpdateAddr:"updater.nclauncher.ncsoft.com"

Start in field:

D:\BnS_NA\NCLauncher

*** Note: For the fields above, if you have spaces on your folder names, you should enclose the first argument (the path for NCLauncher.exe) between quotations.

Example: "D:\Blade and Soul NA\NCLauncher\NCLauncher.exe" /LauncherID:"NCWest" /CompanyID:"12" /GameID:"BnS" /LUpdateAddr:"updater.nclauncher.ncsoft.com"

Mine has no spaces so there's no need for quotations.

4. Now that the shortcut arguments have been updated, the shortcut icon can be updated next (for aesthetics, not really important)

UWSfxJU.png

Delete the original shortcut on your desktop to avoid confusion. Replace it with a copy of the updated one.

Don't move or delete the updated shortcut from your base path!

5. Right-click the shortcut → Run as administrator. If everything goes well, the login prompt gets displayed as shown below. Input your login details:

tOgXblj.png

6. You should see something like this. Press "Confirm".

akptyM0.png

7. Press Choose file path → Then select the path down to your "BnS" folder (and no further). For my case, its "D:\BnS_NA\BnS".

13BfEXV.png

8. Assuming that you have the latest patch and the game was working before you moved it, you should see "Latest patch has been installed" in a brief moment. It will then start checking the files. As this part may take a while, please don't confuse it with re-downloading the game (especially if the game is on HDD).

uYcH542.png

There's no bypassing new or missed patches so let it finish if its downloading something, typical patch sizes are just a few hundred MBs only anyways. Something's up if you have GBs on your download queue. And it shouldn't download anything at all if you have the latest patch.

9. Afterwards, you will see the familiar 85 Bytes part (there's a bypass for this, please see posts above EDIT: not working as of silverfrost patch):

uf1PejS.png

10. Game launches shortly

DZb6yRB.png

I hope this helps :)

I don't know which is more confounding:

That someone actually THOUGHT that people needed a guide on how to do this, or

That people ACTUALLY needed a guide on how to do this?

• 1 month later...
On 1/31/2016 at 4:30 AM, Emya said:

Below is a guide on how to install Blade and Soul on multiple PCs (say, a laptop and desktop), without the hassle of re-downloading the client and patching all over again. The only requirement is that there should be at least one working client ready (playable and with up-to-date patches, let this be the source PC). The guide assumes that the playable client is installed on the default path "C:\Program Files (x86)\" (for 64-bit systems) and will be installed on the same path on the destination PC. Just make adjustments as necessary if you installed it somewhere else (or intend to place it somewhere else on the destination PC).

1. [From the source PC] Copy the contents of "C:\Program Files (x86)\NCSOFT" and "C:\Program Files (x86)\NCWest" to the same path on the destination PC (over the network or via USB, total file size is around 20.7GB as of this writing).

IhJ7Dgn.png

2. [On the destination PC] Create a shortcut on your desktop and navigate to "C:\Program Files (x86)\NCWest\NCLauncher\NCLauncher.exe"

hJujLmx.png

Press Next and name your shortcut whatever you want (ex: Blade & Soul).

It won't have the BnS default icon at first.

3. Right-click your newly created shortcut > Properties > Shortcut tab. On the target field, append " /LauncherID:"NCWest" /CompanyID:"12" /GameID:"BnS" /LUpdateAddr:"updater.nclauncher.ncsoft.com"" (without the outer quotes). The whole target field should now contain:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\NCWest\NCLauncher\NCLauncher.exe" /LauncherID:"NCWest" /CompanyID:"12" /GameID:"BnS" /LUpdateAddr:"updater.nclauncher.ncsoft.com"

On the Start-in field, put:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\NCWest\NCLauncher"

H36xSAf.png

[Optional] Change icon > Browse to "C:\Program Files (x86)\NCSOFT\BnS\bin\BnSClient.ico"

Click OK.

4. Run new shortcut as Administrator. Upon successful login, it will download the necessary registry fixes (around 9MB as tested earlier).

Hope this helps =)

Hi, I tried to do this. However, I had an error which states d3dx9_43.dll is missing. What should I do?

• 2 years later...

Archived