Forums

How do the Yun reproduce?

ZiaoFyre

23 hours ago, LostGIRL said:

I like this idea too, and considered the posting of another player about Parthenogenesis; there is a section in Wikipedia on that term that describes a similar phenomena called Gynogenesis. An interesting few lines state:

"A form of asexual reproduction related to parthenogenesis is gynogenesis. Here, offspring are produced by the same mechanism as in parthenogenesis, but with the requirement that the egg merely be stimulated by the presence of sperm in order to develop. However, the sperm cell does not contribute any genetic material to the offspring. Since gynogenetic species are all female, activation of their eggs requires mating with males of a closely related species for the needed stimulus..."

With these ideas in mind, Jin and Gon males would be the most compatible with the Yun, while unions with Lyn males would be unlikely to create offspring. This is probably way more scientific than what the original Yun concept writer envisioned, but it's fun to speculate nonetheless!

interesting idea , but it seems they left it to players to decide for themselves :D or didnt even care to include that part or didnt even  think about it

but also , Scientific explanations in a world where you can glide with your hand,shoot fire from your fists fly and dive through the air kill monsters of different type and form doesnt make much sense to me :D

Edited by Nylisa

I guess Yun is sorta like a clan which is made up of women, be it adopted or mothered. Some Yun could reproduce with male from another race, and if the child is a dude, they give him away, and if the child is a gal, they form a strong bond?? lol....or they just have special reproduction powers like the Asari xD.

11 hours ago, WayOfTheBacon said:

I guess Yun is sorta like a clan which is made up of women, be it adopted or mothered. Some Yun could reproduce with male from another race, and if the child is a dude, they give him away, and if the child is a gal, they form a strong bond?? lol....or they just have special reproduction powers like the Asari xD.

i dont think that one works , the first part i mean because first its a female only race no males at all and second since its the male's off spring that decides the gender of a baby in our "science" reproducing with other races sounds impossible to me :D

Edited by Nylisa

oh, you should have read previous page on all possible and known forms of both sexual and asexual reproduction, and while it is applicable to frogs, fish and salamanders rather than mammals, well, why not in a fantasy world :) As long as the male can face the consequences of the mating if they really by analogy..... heh.

Part of me really wishes it was a part of lore.

Even if it is scaled back from the amazon molly's fecundity to accommodate for the womb capacity, if a Yun in the presence of the donor species started producing 5-8 baby Yuns after each stimulation.... that would have been so awesome! This game just makes me wish it were so! There is a funny fan-fic there somewhere in it....

Edited by DomiSotto

On 4/20/2016 at 0:33 AM, DomiSotto said:

oh, you should have read previous page on all possible and known forms of both sexual and asexual reproduction, and while it is applicable to frogs, fish and salamanders rather than mammals, well, why not in a fantasy world :) As long as the male can face the consequences of the mating if they really by analogy..... heh.

Part of me really wishes it was a part of lore.

Even if it is scaled back from the amazon molly's fecundity to accommodate for the womb capacity, if a Yun in the presence of the donor species started producing 5-8 baby Yuns after each stimulation.... that would have been so awesome! This game just makes me wish it were so! There is a funny fan-fic there somewhere in it....

i been with this post from the start , i been replying to it from early on too and i just don't see it possible and simply say "why not in fantasy world" that's all :D

i cant just make things up that doesn't make sense even if its fiction (my personal opinion tho) , and i like it better that they left it to players to decide rather than including it in the lore , considering they censor some of the story and lore i wont be surprised if they come up with a weird clumsy explanation to not offend anyone and just call it a day!

Edited by Nylisa

A note to all those (including the one posted right above me) who say that a Yun mate with a male of an other race.

If you mate a male lion with a female tiger you get:

1)Tiger

2)Lion

3)A new species

Guys and girls, i think you haven't read you Biology book at all.

Maybe you should start do?

13 minutes ago, Fraou said:

A note to all those (including the one posted right above me) who say that a Yun mate with a male of an other race.

If you mate a male lion with a female tiger you get:

1)Tiger

2)Lion

3)A new species

Guys and girls, i think you haven't read you Biology book at all.

Maybe you should start do?

And that is why gynogenesis was brought in as an actual example of female-only species that reproduce by the eg stimulation by other species, without the sperm fertilizing the egg.  As well as a hermaphrodite version and parthenogenesis. 

In short, while someone like Nylisa might just want it to remain a mystery and magic, but there are evolutionary adaptations that could be used in this case to make it as pseudo-modern as spraying those tea plants with pesticides, wearing 21st century outfits and shooting machine guns in the world that is supposed to be fantasy. 

Edited by DomiSotto

On 4/22/2016 at 5:35 AM, DomiSotto said:

And that is why gynogenesis was brought in as an actual example of female-only species that reproduce by the eg stimulation by other species, without the sperm fertilizing the egg.  As well as a hermaphrodite version and parthenogenesis. 

In short, while someone like Nylisa might just want it to remain a mystery and magic, but there are evolutionary adaptations that could be used in this case to make it as pseudo-modern as spraying those tea plants with pesticides, wearing 21st century outfits and shooting machine guns in the world that is supposed to be fantasy. 

agreed and it also goes against the small lore that has been revealed about them , we are a race that like to keep to ourselves and dont like to get involved with other societies but we need your men to have babies???? :|

Edited by Nylisa

Just now, Bardo said:

lol, i laughed so hard :D THANK YOU FOR THAT! Yes caps was not an error! I was REALLY happy to get this laugh. Been down a lot lately.

Awww I'm glad that I could make you laugh and smile  :) But my idea could be very true though hehe

3 minutes ago, Hayleyy said:

Plot twist...The yun are actually transvestites. Yep they all have pee pee 

lol, i laughed so hard :D THANK YOU FOR THAT! Yes caps was not an error! I was REALLY happy to get this laugh. Been down a lot lately.

16 minutes ago, Hayleyy said:

Awww I'm glad that I could make you laugh and smile  :) But my idea could be very true though hehe

:) Thanks. hehe it would still be funny.

Btw, why did the system make 2 post of mine? any mod here? please fix?

Edited by Bardo

• 1 year later...

My theory would be that they reproduce semi-asexually. Since they are related to birds (pheonix) by lore, I hypothesize that  one Yun produces an Egg, then  another Yun fertilizes the egg with "magic/chi" and poof! New baby yun. Not that much different than Namekians from DBZ. The only thing that messes up that theory a bit is that they have navels; but who cares right? Nipples have no real function on a male body amiright?

Seriously tho this isn't the weirdest thing I have heard of for reproduction in any fictional setting.. trust me.

Edited by Scorpaeon

• 4 weeks later...