How do the Yun reproduce?

ZiaoFyre

Amazon warriors are all female, Wonder Woman was born by her mom used her blood and sand my first assumption, second is there was a Chinese ancient story journey to west aka king monkey a small country called ladies' land, all female live in that land, all women drink the water from a river in that country to get pregnant and to have female babies only, probably yun do the same way

The Yun are a warrior race of Females who use their special skills to kill anyone standing in their way. 

Every year , during the spring , the chosen batch of Yun females are selected as a raiding party to descend like harpies upon the unsuspecting population of various towns around Veridian Coast, Cinderlands,  Moonwater and Silverfrost. They defeat the guards and armies stationed there with their vile, guile or plain butt kicking , and then force themselves upon the fallen but still alive warriors. Thus impregnated, they would wait the 10 months to see the sex of their offspring. The males are killed off at birth by drowning and the females are groomed to become warriors along with their sisters 

34 minutes ago, Tracmar said:

The Yun are a warrior race of Females who use their special skills to kill anyone standing in their way. 

Every year , during the spring , the chosen batch of Yun females are selected as a raiding party to descend like harpies upon the unsuspecting population of various towns around Veridian Coast, Cinderlands,  Moonwater and Silverfrost. They defeat the guards and armies stationed there with their vile, guile or plain butt kicking , and then force themselves upon the fallen but still alive warriors. Thus impregnated, they would wait the 10 months to see the sex of their offspring. The males are killed off at birth by drowning and the females are groomed to become warriors along with their sisters 

you win sir :D somebody close the topic!

Edited by Nylisa

24 minutes ago, Tracmar said:

They defeat the guards and armies stationed there with their vile, guile or plain butt kicking , and then force themselves upon the fallen but still alive warriors.

Brb, going Near Death in Cinderlands and waiting.

Here is my theory:

When a Yun grows old and nearly reaches her end, she will go through the passage of rebirth. Kind of Phoenix theme.

She will collect Element Dust, Element Powder, and Soulstone, then she will transmute herself with these materials. The end result is a new-born Yun, which will be taken care of other adult Yun.

Occasionally, there will chance that there are more then one Yun girls coming from critical transmutation. That is how the race populates itself through death and rebirth.

2 minutes ago, Alysha Hawkeye said:

Here is my theory:

When a Yun grows old and nearly reaches her end, she will go through the passage of rebirth. Kind of Phoenix theme.

She will collect Element Dust, Element Powder, and Soulstone, then she will transmute herself with these materials. The end result is a new-born Yun, which will be taken care of other adult Yun.

Occasionally, there will chance that there are more then one Yun girls coming from critical transmutation. That is how the race populates itself through death and rebirth.

Can you also use the Yun baby to feed your weapon and level it up?

Always thought the idea that they bred with any male of the other species and they just gave birth to more yun, was the most likely and the best fit for the lore.  :p

The yun also seemed to be the least represented of the races, so it wasn't common to see them about either.

The Yun are similar to elves so it's possibile they are naturally immortal. Of course they can die killed by someone or because of other reasons, but their death isn't real; they go to realm of spirits and after some time they reborn on new Yun.

3 minutes ago, Majka said:

The Yun are similar to elves so it's possibile they are naturally immortal. Of course they can die killed by someone or because of other reasons, but their death isn't real; they go to realm of spirits and after some time they reborn on new Yun.

I have never heard of this for elves.  What fiction is this from?

2 hours ago, Tracmar said:

As a Yun, I'm okay with this.

On 30. 1. 2016 at 9:01 PM, Kitty said:

They used kung-fu as they do with everything else in this game.

Title and this coment seriously made my day thanks guys :) I even wonder if they have to spend 500 soulstones ,20 moonwater reproduction stones and 250 gold for act itself like usualy u have to do for everything in this game.  And ofc then another 200 soulstones and 200g when Birth comes :)

21 hours ago, Majka said:

How do you mean? i mean which part of the lore you are talking about i cant find anything about it :D

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 2:05 PM, Jaridavin said:

Well, as just a fun fact, there is a way for females to get each other pregnant, but the offspring will be a female.

So maybe that. I don't know.

ummm maybe they use the witch/fairy logic

since some fairies/witches can only be female (in certain fairytales)

the mothers would only keep the female offspring, and kill the males. So I assume the same would work here they can take a human male suitor, but only the female offspring will obtain the Yun traits. 

They are hermaphrodites. Any self-procreating race with only one gender will have to be by definition, unless they use a division mechanism. There are various biological adaptations, but to me the hermaphrodite is the easiest explanation.

But, honestly, is not the point of this species to make the character designer less cluttered with options for making real pretty girls?

1 hour ago, DomiSotto said:

They are hermaphrodites. Any self-procreating race with only one gender will have to be by definition, unless they use a division mechanism. There are various biological adaptations, but to me the hermaphrodite is the easiest explanation.

But, honestly, is not the point of this species to make the character designer less cluttered with options for making real pretty girls?

I thought the easiest explanation was they can breed with any male, they just have more yun.

1 minute ago, DomiSotto said:

To be able to interbreed, and have viable fertile offsprings they have to be of the same species as the male donors. Hence, then they are not separate species.

Except this is fiction.  A fiction that like many other fictions has said different species can reproduce with different results.

Superman can breed with Lois Lane.  Two different species.  Max and Miyira bred, they were two different species.  Humans and elves can interbreed.

One just has to decide how it's done with regards to the Yun.  Breeds with all the males but only has more yun, seems the easiest explanation.  Or female is always yun and male offspring is the same as the father, is also easy explanation.