Forums

RNG has killed my character.

Doxide

2 hours ago, Fifi2 said:

Because most people always do their research before they plan to invest (money, time or both) into something. Months before the release I watched video reviews by beta testers in youtube so I can have a guess if this game suits me

LOL, wow. Please dont assume the rest of the world is like you. If I spent months of my time rerearching a game before its released just to learn about the most proficient way to level at the start of it, Id sell my comptuer, because I must have become addicted to gaming.

My advice to OP?:  It doesnt matter.  When I started, I didnt even know about upgrading weapons, until level 17. Slowed me down, but didnt stop me from beating anything. Relax. Its not the end of your character.

As a level 30 BM who has never gotten a single sword from a chest - I feel your pain. Ignore the idiots who think that just because they didn't get a rigged chest they are right. Because they are wrong. This is clearly just another way for ncsoft to get money from you, because if you buy brilliant keys you will get what you need.

Man, it's really a shame that I'm on a different server. I wish I could help you. But this isn't a reason to quit the game. You will get those keys back pretty quickly or you can just start a new character.

2 minutes ago, Dowra said:

LOL, wow. Please dont assume the rest of the world is like you. If I spent months of my time rerearching a game before its released just to learn about the most proficient way to level at the start of it, Id sell my comptuer, because I must have become addicted to gaming.

My advice to OP?:  It doesnt matter.  When I started, I didnt even know about upgrading weapons, until level 17. Slowed me down, but didnt stop me from beating anything. Relax. Its not the end of your character.

Yeah, you cut out of any context one sentence from a paragraph long post, and completely ignore the part where I say that the OP should not follow my example. GJ, gj. You are ready for a media reported. 

Guys, it's Lv16 for trade and marketplace access. ._.

@Doxide Try asking around for help in faction chat. A friend of mine ran into the same problem, so I asked the faction for help and someone responded, spending probably around 5 keys or so to help my friend get his weapon. Of course, you'll need to be Lv16 to actually obtain the weapon due to level restrictions on trading.

You could also buy it from the Marketplace once yiu hit that level. I hear people tend to sell stalker weapons for cheap, so you should be able to get one without much fuss.

But either way, you'll need to be Lv16 if you're out of keys. If you fear a lackof keys in the future, you can join the Radiant Ring crafting guild...

At worst, he could make a new character (delete his current) and start over. It should only take maybe 10~30 minutes to get to the stalker depending on how much he wants to rush it.  Then he could get to level 16 and just buy from the market instead of spinning and using keys.

Though I was able to use the market at a lower level than 15 unless they changed things. Then again, I have premium.

Once you hit level 10/11, you should also be able to chat with others for help.

The game doesn't explain things properly.

I ended up being level 17 before I realised that I had to go all the way back to that wheel. Then it took me 40 minutes for the breakthrough weapon to drop.

It seems stupid, grinding for grindings sake. It's obviously a programming error and hopefully when they patch the game it'll be less of an issue.

No MMO (at least in the west) as you grinding for an essential item when your so low level.

Best thing is to trade with other people around you. It seems we seem more likely to get every other professions weapon before our own. So chances are someone of a different profeession has yours.

BTW, you can use the other junk weapons towards evolving your other items too, I didn't know that until I watched a video.

6 hours ago, Doxide said:

Level 10 sin here.  NCsoft, your game sucks.  IT FREAKING SUCKS OK?! 

I am standing in front of the Stalker Jianshi Wheel of Fate.  Here is what I have in my inventory: 3 razors, 7 axes, 4 staffs, 4 gauntlets, 5 lynblades, 4 bangles, a GAZILLION soul shield packs, and NOT ONE SINGLE FREAKING SEALED DAGGER TO UNLOCK MY HONGMOON WEAPON.

I am completely out of keys.  Zero.  Nada.  Even wasted the 10 keys I got from my latest daily dash roll.  I'm below level 15 so I can't purchase the dagger from the marketplace.  The game won't even let me trade other players for it for some idiotic reason.  I can find no dailies around to give me more keys.  Oh and I'm flat out broke so I can't purchase any keys.  I am stuck.  Basically, I might have to start this character all over again and pray the next one has better luck. 

This is the most horrific game design I have ever encountered.  The fact that this could happen to any player is a disgrace.  And before you white knights pile on and start snickering about free to play and how I should suck it up and roll a new character again, let me ask you ARE YOU PEOPLE INSANE?!  In what game is this acceptable?!  And why are you all so hellbent on defending this disgusting situation? 

Needless to say I AM FREAKING PISSED.  Sorry NCsoft, but you have just lost a once enthusiastic player with this BS.

Lol i want to look on this guy on lvl 45 when u need 10 gold every time.

Did you know that u need only 1-2 chests from the wheel? U open them get the weapons. If this weapons are not for your class u sell them on Marketplace and after for money u got u buy your class weapon. Minus 2 keys + weapon u need + some cash. Simple as hell. 

OP, RNG hasn't killed your character. Yes, it sucks. Yes, it's purposefully designed to suck so you'll get fed up with it and just buy a brilliant key from the Hongmoon Store to get your class weapon. My first character got the right weapon on third try. Second needed fifteen keys.

Your Sin isn't doomed! Just level a bit more, you'll get marketplace access in Jadestone Village and then you can buy the weapon you need for a few copper. Getting that far with the weapon you have now shouldn't be too difficult.

Archived