Forums

RNG has killed my character.

Doxide

Level 10 sin here.  NCsoft, your game sucks.  IT FREAKING SUCKS OK?! 

I am standing in front of the Stalker Jianshi Wheel of Fate.  Here is what I have in my inventory: 3 razors, 7 axes, 4 staffs, 4 gauntlets, 5 lynblades, 4 bangles, a GAZILLION soul shield packs, and NOT ONE SINGLE FREAKING SEALED DAGGER TO UNLOCK MY HONGMOON WEAPON.

I am completely out of keys.  Zero.  Nada.  Even wasted the 10 keys I got from my latest daily dash roll.  I'm below level 15 so I can't purchase the dagger from the marketplace.  The game won't even let me trade other players for it for some idiotic reason.  I can find no dailies around to give me more keys.  Oh and I'm flat out broke so I can't purchase any keys.  I am stuck.  Basically, I might have to start this character all over again and pray the next one has better luck. 

This is the most horrific game design I have ever encountered.  The fact that this could happen to any player is a disgrace.  And before you white knights pile on and start snickering about free to play and how I should suck it up and roll a new character again, let me ask you ARE YOU PEOPLE INSANE?!  In what game is this acceptable?!  And why are you all so hellbent on defending this disgusting situation? 

Needless to say I AM FREAKING PISSED.  Sorry NCsoft, but you have just lost a once enthusiastic player with this BS.

Just now, Doxide said:

I'm on Hajoon.

Ah sorry, I'm on Mushin thought perhaps I could help you. Your frustration is understanding. I would recommend you just farm some silver from the dailies and if you're able to sell some of those stalker weapons on the market.

I don't want to be rude to the OP,  it's not nice and is against the forum rules, but... are you stupid? 

There are pretty neat guides in the net named "# things you should know before playing BnS".  They are one clicks away by typing them in the google. Also, it is a common sense that most of the stuff that drops in the game will be more valuable in later stages, stuff  as: unsealing charms, keys and etc. You went at the wheel at lvl 10? Seriously? I went there at level 20 with 8 wheel charms and dropped all I need for the first breaktrought + the lvl 20 soulshield. Cost me ~6 keys or something. Are you new to MMO games or what? 

Also, lvl 10 is nothing. If you are so pissed, just make ne account and start over again by keeping your keys and charms when you will really need them. 

It's simple RNG, you allowed yourself to be left with nothing.

If you have bad rolls go quest and come back to it, making more currency/keys in the process.

Trade your weapons with others doing it, its likely someone will have what you want and vice versa.

It's like a gambler blaming a betting shop for taking all his money and not making sure he won.

Not to be rude, but that just sounds like poor budgeting and bad luck at this point, with only having yourself to blame (minus the luck).

In many MMOs, you're encouraged to be a scrooge especially at the beginning of the game. and while earning anything is slow, just keep saving up, and keep doing things like quest, surveys, and NPCing finds that you don't need.

You need to start ask yourself, "Is it worth spending this over that", and not just impulsively use it.

4 minutes ago, Fifi2 said:

I don't want to be rude to the OP,  it's not nice and is against the forum rules, but... are you stupid? 

There are pretty neat guides in the net named "# things you should know before playing BnS".  They are one clicks away by typing them in the google. Also, it is a common sense that most of the stuff that drops in the game will be more valuable in later stages, stuff  as: unsealing charms, keys and etc. You went at the wheel at lvl 10? Seriously? I went there at level 20 with 8 wheel charms and dropped all I need for the first breaktrought + the lvl 20 soulshield. Cost me ~6 keys or something. Are you new to MMO games or what? 

Also, lvl 10 is nothing. If you are so pissed, just make ne account and start over again by keeping your keys and charms when you will really need them. 

Actually yes, I am fairly new to MMOs.  And please explain to me why it's my job as a new player to do research on RNG tactics before playing?  I had no idea there even was this stupid wheel mechanic when I started, and I can say that the majority of new players would have no idea either.

i'm sorry but OP is an idiot, the time it took to rant on forums you couldve been lvl up and already on your way to 15, then you can buy your dagger from auction house :s

Upgrading your dagger at 15 is just a luxuary, you will do plenty of damage and double shot almost every mob on your way to 15.

i swear some people just want everything handed to them on a silver platter.

7 minutes ago, Doxide said:

Actually yes, I am fairly new to MMOs.  And please explain to me why it's my job as a new player to do research on RNG tactics before playing?  I had no idea there even was this stupid wheel mechanic when I started, and I can say that the majority of new players would have no idea either.

Because most people always do their research before they plan to invest (money, time or both) into something. Months before the release I watched video reviews by beta testers in youtube so I can have a guess if this game suits me (I'm big lineage fan and MMORPG is in my blood). Then, before launch I readed a lot of stuff about the basics of the game, just because I wanted to avoid being lost in the game and lose all my valuable stuff at level 10.  Here is another reason why - people most often want'to excel in mmorpg games, and that's why they do bother to research stuff instead clicking like madmen. But that is just me, I don't say you should follow my example, but again I'm having nearly ~30 keys at lvl 27 and you don't hear me complaining about LUCK. 

And in the end, by the time you read this and prepare for a reply, you could be already be level 15 with a new character. But NO, you choose to whine in forums. 

1: Ok goodbye op.

2: I had the same thing, suck it up, your weapon is good enough to last you until lvl 16 when you can trade/buy one.

3: it IS f2p You dont have to buy things though it is your choice but it can make it easier.

4: Getting to that point in the game takes like 10 minutes or so.

3 minutes ago, Fifi2 said:

Because most people always do their research before they plan to invest (money, time or both) into something. Months before the release I watched video reviews by beta testers in youtube so I can have a guess if this game suits me (I'm big lineage fan and MMORPG is in my blood). Then, before launch I readed a lot of stuff about the basics of the game, just because I wanted to avoid being lost in the game and lose all my valuable stuff at level 10.  Here is another reason why - people most often want'to excel in mmorpg games, and that's why they do bother to research stuff instead clicking like madmen. But that is just me, I don't say you should follow my example, but again I'm having nearly ~30 keys at lvl 27 and you don't hear me complaining about LUCK. 

And in the end, by the time you read this and prepare for a reply, you could be already be level 15 with a new character. But NO, you choose to whine in forums. 

Guys, dont be so harsh on him, while i agree he should be more efficient with his keys etc you have to admit this game is not really forgiving for new players, i remember back in the beta my weapon broke to 0 durability and i had no repairtools, wanted to buy one at a merchant and i didnt have 10 silver so it was GGWP for me, but yes if you read alot of guides or make topics here youl gain alot of knowledge FAST. goodluck bro you can do it

2 minutes ago, Ambition said:

Guys, dont be so harsh on him, while i agree he should be more efficient with his keys etc you have to admit this game is not really forgiving for new players, i remember back in the beta my weapon broke to 0 durability and i had no repairtools, wanted to buy one at a merchant and i didnt have 10 silver so it was GGWP for me, but yes if you read alot of guides or make topics here youl gain alot of knowledge FAST. goodluck bro you can do it

I'm not harsh.  I just point out the facts. Back in 1998 when I was playing Dune 2, the game was not even close to being forgiving. I had no Idea what RTS is and no Internet to figure out what the hell is this. It took me nearly a month to master the game (I guess I'm just a retard or at most -  slow learner) . Nowdyas generation of gamers (mostly milennials)  are puzzle me. They want everthing served on a plate. 

RNG like in each game.... will suck... everyone have problems like u... someone have more luck, someone less on that situation... i also didnt get my weapon first from boxes from wheel of fate... but after i opened like 3-4 i got my weapon.

Yes they should fix alot of problems, but they DO. They do what they can to increase better gameplay to us.

I might have a few on my force master that i was waiting to be level 15 to sell on marketplace.Dagger was an easy 1 for me on my sin took not even 10 rolls to get it compare to my force master who got like 20 rolls of the wheel b4 getting it.When i put those numbers remember that at least in my case got much more soul shield packages then stalker weapon so even if i'm in cinderlands i still have like 10 hongmoon key.

On my assassin I literally got the key to get exactly what I wanted without spending any real money. All I did was my questline. Sure, it's more RNG there, but if you can't get it by 16 you not only can buy it then, but you also can sell all those weapons you just mentioned.

Did OP really quit over something like this? At that level you're barely passed the tutorial phase of the game, if you are having trouble that is 100% your problem. I didn't even have this problem when I was on the JP server despite not being able to read anything and having not read a single guide...

Archived