Choosing a Faction

LandeeT

Can anyone tell me if it's necessary to choose between the two factions "The Call of the Warring Factions"? If i decide not to pick a side will if limit my questing and dungeon availability? I'd like to remain PVE through my leveling experience. Thanks for any help you all can give on the subject.  Much appreciated :D

PvP works somewhat differently in this game. I will explain but first let me answer your question. It is necessary to choose a faction but only later on. For now (until somewhere chapter 17) this is not mandatory but there will be a quest later on where it will be required of you to join a faction. Having a faction is necessary if you want to have a guild, for example. You can always change the faction later on though... As for PvP side, as long as you watch out what you're wearing, you shouldn't have any problem with PvP.

As I've said before, PvP works differently in BnS than in other games, as we all start from the same position, in the same country and with same goals. However, once you choose a faction, you gain access to its respective clothing and guilds. Putting on their clothing "flags" you for PvP (or as red, attackable target) to players who wear the clothing of opposing faction. The thing is, there are several more factions in the game, besides the two in that quest so you really have to watch out what clothes you put on yourself (even though, the game will warn you if there is going to be change between faction behavior towards you).

Archived