Zakennayo

When are the massive KFM buffs coming?

Recommended Posts

As much as I love playing a class that has no damage and no tankyness and takes 20 seconds for each individual evade to be off cd, it's starting to be really frustrating.

 

Im okay with the difficulty, I understand the mechanics, and I understand the combos.

 

But PvP is 0 skill 100% luck. You have to hope to the RNGeezus of the universe, that the person you're fighting has 0 idea what a KFM can do. Otherwise, KFM is so predicable, the only way you'd take damage from it is if you got a cramp from facerolling the keyboard as, well, any other *cricket*ing class.

 

I even looked into it, and as it turns out, not even the *cricket*in Koreans are touching the damned class. Their is absolutely no reward for any of the actions the KFM does. Other than waiting it out and hoping that a mistake is made. Which is impossible at the higher tiers of PvP, or if you're fighting someone not retarded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Houlon   

What.

 

KFM is the most rewarding class to play when you do it properly, no damage? Do you even 3RF?

 

I don't want to sound rude or anything but it sounds like you need more practice if you feel its weak.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

my ass was handed to me by a KFM yesterday he was really good. 

My husband plays a KFM and his Crit is insane 

 

KFM is fine from what i observed 

tough to master yes, but in a good place when you do 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Houlon said:

What.

 

KFM is the most rewarding class to play when you do it properly, no damage? Do you even 3RF?

 

I don't want to sound rude or anything but it sounds like you need more practice if you feel its weak.

 

 

3rf is cheap. Very very cheap. If you have to resort to using such tactics to defend a class, that's when you know it needs buffs.

 

2 minutes ago, TalonShina said:

my ass was handed to me by a KFM yesterday he was really good. 

My husband plays a KFM and his Crit is insane 

 

KFM is fine from what i observed 

tough to master yes, but in a good place when you do 

 

 

What class are you? Did you consider any of his evades or did you attack randomly? Did you keep a distance of 3-5m? If you died to a KFM, it's cause you made a massive mistake and got caught on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Houlon   

3RF is simply a mechanic to dealing damage, calling for a buff because you don't want to use a certain play style is silly, understandable but silly.

 

There is a KFM on NA who plays from Taiwan who some top KFM's there say he's one of the best on NA also plays hardly using 3RF and with massive latency.

 

You say it's 0 skill and 100% luck, how will getting a buff make a difference if it's all luck?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Karrosh   

As a plat KFM in 1v1, I'm not sure what you're talking about.  In PvE, I hit for 6-8k's with burst damage including 14 and 16k's.  KFM's have one of the highest PvE and PvP learning curves.  If you don't know how to play it properly, it's damage will be low.  Also, ping very heavily can affect your dps.

Edited by Karrosh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am a summoner and I am still learning 1v1 PVP and class skills. 

I'll admit I am not the greatest 1v1 pvp has never interested me before this game. 

 

Saying I made a mistake though doesn't mean KFM need buffs and are weak. A good KFM is just that a good KFM 

 

I have beaten a KFM in pvp before and judging the two duels the most recent KFM was really good. 

 

My husband just respecced his KFM and his Crit went through the roof. We paired for a daily dungeon yesterday and a few times i sat back and watched on purpose. He isn't the best out there of course we are both still relatively new to the game and learning all the quirks of our classes. Doesn't invalidate my point that from an observation standpoint KFM are fine it just takes a good hand to really master them and unlock all their potential 

 

Which is why they have the highest difficultly in the game 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Houlon said:

3RF is simply a mechanic to dealing damage, calling for a buff because you don't want to use a certain play style is silly, understandable but silly.

 

There is a KFM on NA who plays from Taiwan who some top KFM's there say he's one of the best on NA also plays hardly using 3RF and with massive latency.

 

You say it's 0 skill and 100% luck, how will getting a buff make a difference if it's all luck?

 

Being forced into a single play style when we should have freedom of choice is even worse. You're basically saying the only viable damage method is 3RF. Which is pathetically boring to do. I damned near quit KFM because of how boring it was. 

 

Than he's one lucky SoB for being queue'd with a bunch of twats! I wish I had such luck...

 

2 minutes ago, Karrosh said:

As a plat KFM in 1v1, I'm not sure what you're talking about.  In PvE, I hit for 6-8k's with burst damage including 14 and 16k's.

 

If you're gonna make stuff up, well that's nice and all, but go ahead and throw it at someone who doesn't play this game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zeebo   

I mained KFM in Japanese server and doing it in EU here aswell, its far from easy to play it well, takes alot effort, practice and research.  It´s dmg in PVP, PVE  is amazing if you know what your doing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Zeebo said:

I mained KFM in Japanese server and doing it in EU here aswell, its far from easy to play it well, takes alot effort, practice and research.  It´s dmg in PVP, PVE  is amazing if you know what your doing.

 

They have 50...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just think the leech part needs to be nerfed a little. All my clan mates and friends that play the game and fought one in Openworld PVP and 1v1/3v3, they go from 10% hp upto 100% in one combo.  I understand that they are a combo based class but really if they can gain 90% of their life back in one combo thats a bit broken in my eyes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Houlon   
1 minute ago, Zakennayo said:

 

Being forced into a single play style when we should have freedom of choice is even worse. You're basically saying the only viable damage method is 3RF. Which is pathetically boring to do. I damned near quit KFM because of how boring it was. 

 

Than he's one lucky SoB for being queue'd with a bunch of twats! I wish I had such luck...

 

 

If you're gonna make stuff up, well that's nice and all, but go ahead and throw it at someone who doesn't play this game.

 

Like I said you can do fine without 3RF IF you know how to play properly.

 

I'm just gonna say it as it's looking that way, you don't seem to have the required knowledge of the class to benefit from it and you want it made OP in order to compensate rather than dealing with the learning curve.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Karrosh   
Just now, Flyingdeath said:

I just think the leech part needs to be nerfed a little. All my clan mates and friends that play the game and fought one in Openworld PVP and 1v1/3v3, they go from 10% hp upto 100% in one combo.  I understand that they are a combo based class but really if they can gain 90% of their life back in one combo thats a bit broken in my eyes

Uh...we absolutely do not have leech like that.  The guy probably used an instant 60% recovery pot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Houlon said:

 

Like I said you can do fine without 3RF IF you know how to play properly.

 

I'm just gonna say it as it's looking that way, you don't seem to have the required knowledge of the class to benefit from it and you want it made OP in order to compensate rather than dealing with the learning curve.

 

 

I use umm LMB-2-f- 4(On proc) I can dish out some nasty damage. 

 

But unless I place points into threat I can't take aggro from any other class. Especially Destroyer.

 

I've played KFM in the CN version for a few months, had to stop because I got caught and all that, and during those months I figured out how to play this class with that 150+ latency. So whats the issue I'm having now if you'd like to explain?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SeiLee   

new to the game myself, played all classes a bit but ended up with the class op thinks is underpowered. 

KFM has 3 gap closers, about 4 cc's, Aoe options after lvl 20 and some incredible versatility in defence/ attack without switching soul shield set. 

 

tbh, i wouldn't mind a slight nerf.

b2928b49fa408e1ef0bd3bbcd84864e42g.jpg?s

Edited by SeiLee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Teisho   

You don't seem to be very good at this game, which would explain why you might think KFM's need buffs and why, in your delusion, think that 3rf is "cheap".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Karrosh said:

Uh...we absolutely do not have leech like that.  The guy probably used an instant 60% recovery pot.

 

 

Or jewels? Why don't we have a Leech like that!? Shit, screw damage and tankyness, survivability would be fantastic!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Karrosh   
4 minutes ago, Zakennayo said:

 

Being forced into a single play style when we should have freedom of choice is even worse. You're basically saying the only viable damage method is 3RF. Which is pathetically boring to do. I damned near quit KFM because of how boring it was. 

 

Than he's one lucky SoB for being queue'd with a bunch of twats! I wish I had such luck...

 

 

If you're gonna make stuff up, well that's nice and all, but go ahead and throw it at someone who doesn't play this game.

I'm not making anything up.  Searing palm stage 4 with Fighting Spirit up should be critting for ~14k or so.  Leading Palm's damage scales based on what stage of Searing Palm your target is on.  So if you hit with Stage 4 Searing Palm you get 100% crit chance, follow it up with Leading Palm for maximum damage.  Leading Palm will hit ~14-16k and it can be used IMMEDIATELY after Searing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Karrosh said:

I'm not making anything up.  Searing palm stage 4 with Fighting Spirit up should be critting for ~14k or so.  Leading Palm's damage scales based on what stage of Searing Palm your target is on.  So if you hit with Stage 4 Searing Palm you get 100% crit chance, follow it up with Leading Palm for maximum damage.  Leading Palm will hit ~14-16k and it can be used IMMEDIATELY after Searing.

 

Post of vid of you doing that, and I'll believe you. Otherwise, unless I see a KFM pop that damage out, yeah.... Come to NA already!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Karrosh   
1 minute ago, Zakennayo said:

 

Post of vid of you doing that, and I'll believe you. Otherwise, unless I see a KFM pop that damage out, yeah.... Come to NA already!

I will work on that right now and post the link in this thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Houlon   
2 minutes ago, Zakennayo said:

 

 

I use umm LMB-2-f- 4(On proc) I can dish out some nasty damage. 

 

But unless I place points into threat I can't take aggro from any other class. Especially Destroyer.

 

I've played KFM in the CN version for a few months, had to stop because I got caught and all that, and during those months I figured out how to play this class with that 150+ latency. So whats the issue I'm having now if you'd like to explain?

 

So now your saying you can put out nasty damage? make your mind up. It's either no damage or nasty damage.

 

Threat on the other hand, yes having to spec into the threat is almost needed if your with others that generate it via skills. I never argued that point.

 

The issue you were having that I commented on was the lack of damage and skill needed, which I have explained.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Karrosh said:

Uh...we absolutely do not have leech like that.  The guy probably used an instant 60% recovery pot.

im talking about the skill that give you life like say for BD the guardian Tempest if you go down the stage 1 side (so just down) you get 10% of your life back.  For KFM they get a heal from Flying slam (looking on the BNStree because i don't have a KFM), grapple heals for 3%, secondwind heals 5%, counter heals 50%, tiger strike heals 10% of damage dealt, and shadowdance/footwork because they look like the same thing heals 2% of hp on resist.  So they have some skills that basically is like leeching, my friends and i just call it leeching because they gain so much HP in just one combo and using your health to gain theirs back thats leeching. (like i said im using the BNStree because i don't have a KFM so i can look at the skills so names may be off)(and for got to add most are from damage dealt)

 

Edited by Flyingdeath

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Karrosh   
1 minute ago, Flyingdeath said:

im talking about the skill that give you life like say for BD the guardian Tempest if you go down the stage 1 side (so just down) you get 10% of your life back.  For KFM they get a heal from Flying slam (looking on the BNStree because i don't have a KFM), grapple heals for 3%, secondwind heals 5%, counter heals 50%, tiger strike heals 10% of damage dealt, and shadowdance/footwork because they look like the same thing heals 2% of hp on resist.  So they have some skills that basically is like leeching, my friends and i just call it leeching because they gain so much HP in just one combo and using your health to gain theirs back thats leeching. (like i said im using the BNStree because i don't have a KFM so i can look at the skills so names may be off)

Literally no one spec's 3 points into Second Wind unless they get the Daze.  Nobody spec'd the grapple heal unless they're bad, and if they did, in a group of players you cannot possibly tell me he got a grapple off long enough to actually use it.  Counter heals for 50% of the ~200-300 damage it does, which is nothing when we have 40k hp.  Also nobody uses heal on flying slam, I mean literally no one.  Far right tree is for pvp there for the 8 meter high damage knockup.  If he was using any of those in open world, he didn't know what he was doing and, no offense, but  neither did anyone he was fighting if it worked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now