Sign in to follow this  
Zero

We need a rubber block list....

Zero   

I don't think this needs an introduction. Gold sellers can create an insanely large amount of characters and I can only have 50 CHARACTERS (not people) on my block list.

I've played for like 2 weeks and I've got my block list full of gold sellers.

Does anybody else think we need characters on banned accounts get automatically removed from block list?

Zero   
16 minutes ago, ServerAreDown said:

all it takes is 1 click away so why waste dev time making a button when they could be fixing other stuff?

17 minutes ago, Zero said:

I can only have 50 CHARACTERS (not people) on my block list.

I've played for like 2 weeks and I've got my block list full of gold sellers

I sense it was a trick question...

Edited by Zero

Zero   

Yeah, they could work on fixing other things and, in fact, they should (although I suspect they are ignoring any non-game-breaking bugs and are working on next content patch). That doesn't mean small things like this one should be completely ignored. It doesn't matter how you look at it, there is no good reason for banned members to remain on block lists

By the way, I (as well as thousands of other people) could add 1 more thing to my weekly "To do" list
OR they could add 3-5 lines of code to their ban script (maybe more if they've got an graphical interface and have to implement a checkbox or something).

well considering they did do maintenance and have EU players wait 5 hours in the middle of the day to fix stuff, im pretty sure they're doing their best. I barely even see gold spammer in my chat anymore now and i remove them 3 hours later. so instead of nit picking the blocked players which are just clicks away, why not let them fix important stuff like the EU server?

nati0n   
1 hour ago, ServerAreDown said:

all it takes is 1 click away so why waste dev time making a button when they could be fixing other stuff?

wasting devs time ? 

Its so easy to change the blocklist number...it takes one ctrl + f and change it from 50 to 500. But like i saw until now, they dont give a f..k about the gold spamers. The most important thing for them its not to fail on 10 february when the new patch is launched. BNS will allways have gold spamers, they wont stop, so increasing the blocklist its the most usseful thing they can do to stop them and help the community.

Excuse my english if i misspelled some words :)

Just now, nati0n said:

wasting devs time ? 

Its so easy to change the blocklist number...it takes one ctrl + f and change it from 50 to 500. But like i saw until now, they dont give a f..k about the gold spamers. The most important thing for them its not to fail on 10 february when the new patch is launched. BNS will allways have gold spamers, they wont stop, so increasing the blocklist its the most usseful thing they can do to stop them and help the community.

Excuse my english if i misspelled some words :)

they already addressed that they were going to increase the number of people you can block. as for removing the name automatically once the character get banned is another process.

Aiezen   

Having Banned or Deleted characters automatically removed from your block list has been a desire of mine for a very long time on every game I've played. It seems like it would be a no-brainer but for some reason it's never added. Must be difficult to do maybe? I know it's simple to remove blocks from the list yourself, and luckily spammers in B&S generally don't have a life span of more than a day or so. But I've been in games where I ran out of space so I removed old blocks, only to find their spam back in my chat window moments later.

Another game I played was kind of annoying because they had a large block list, but when a character was banned, the list would just say "-Deleted-" instead of their name so you would have to manually go through removing them, after doing 100 or so at a time it got pretty frustrating lol.