Blade and Soul: RNG Hell

LordLokai

3 minutes ago, WarBaby2 said:

There are RNG pet boxes in the KR version of Black Desert, though... pretty much the same as here. We can just hope that those don't come over to the west too...

Been stated over and over by the BDO devs that there will not be RNG boxes.

3 minutes ago, WarBaby2 said:

Like it was stated for BnS? ;)

Just kidding... I hope you are right.

Was it ?

No i am serious was it really said they won't release RNG boxes ? 

To be honest i pre-purchased B&S when they first release the founders packs...  then i kinda forgot about the game till a few days before early access. 

who cares about RNG. The fact that costumes are premium price and are very restricted, then they want to charge us to be able to use them more freely? I don't have any hope for this game in the future. 4 years waiting for a game with so much potential ruined by absolute blatant greed. Why the *cricket* would you do this to your paying customers? I won't support the devs and this game. I'll play black desert. I see content update as another means of finding ways to get more money out of us even if what they have isnt enough. 

1 minute ago, Dradiinmmo said:

Was it ?

No i am serious was it really said they won't release RNG boxes ? 

To be honest i pre-purchased B&S when they first release the founders packs...  then i kinda forgot about the game till a few days before early access. 

As far as I've heard, it was. It's the reason I'm upset about RNG boxes of which I otherwise have no strong feelings one way or the other.

Let me tell you a story about RNjesus.

My friend introduced me to this game and I decided, lyn were cute.  So I made a pretty awesome blade dancer and was going swimmingly across things.  Rnjesus didn't hurt me at all because my friend gave me little wings to spread and fly across it, that character is currently 29 and no complaints.

I decided to make an assassin for something a bit different in terms of playstyle.  Everything is going fine before I hit the first rnjesus.  Apperantly, I'm satan, because RNjesus did not forgive me for my sins of just having a friend pass me through the content.  I required the stalker dagger to use as an upgrade material for my blade, so it can be all wooshy wooshybadass.  instead I got 8 stalker guantlets, 2 stalker bangles, 2 stalker staffs, 3 stalker warlock things, 2 stalker lynx blades, and 2 stalker swords.  Then,  I was out of keys.

Now, here's the kicker.  I am unable to obtain the weapon through the market place until later.  I am unable to trade until level 15.  I am out of keys.  The fact I had to spin the dumbass wheel for an hour was stupid in itself.  RNG for endgame content, or cosmetics is fine, double rnjesus for a required weapon to upgrade your current one at level freakin' 8?  Are you *cricket*ing shitting me?  That's not fun, that's not hard, that's just stupid.

Of course, keys and seals are overly priced in this game and you can only reliably get them through quests, so I would have to literally backtrack to get the blade then upgrade it and still feel pretty far behind in the process.

Look, the game's combat and cosmetic system is really rad, but that rngness is just... so... broken.  No one should ever have to suffer just to progress their weapon... BUT THEY DO!  Apperantly these steps occur multiple times in the damn game!

A solution?

Remove weapon chests and just... give them class weapons.  There are so many classes that all have unique weapons that it's way too painful to have to deal with opening up a chest and getting jack shit for another class.  After just dealing with getting the chest itself.  That's only for the wheel of *cricket* you.  I haven't experienced raids or anything like that yet so end game content I'm clueless on.

7 minutes ago, Aickavon said:

My friend introduced me to this game and I decided, lyn were cute.  So I made a pretty awesome blade dancer and was going swimmingly across things.  Rnjesus didn't hurt me at all because my friend gave me little wings to spread and fly across it, that character is currently 29 and no complaints.

I decided to make an assassin for something a bit different in terms of playstyle.  Everything is going fine before I hit the first rnjesus.  Apperantly, I'm satan, because RNjesus did not forgive me for my sins of just having a friend pass me through the content.  I required the stalker dagger to use as an upgrade material for my blade, so it can be all wooshy wooshybadass.  instead I got 8 stalker guantlets, 2 stalker bangles, 2 stalker staffs, 3 stalker warlock things, 2 stalker lynx blades, and 2 stalker swords.  Then,  I was out of keys.

Now, here's the kicker.  I am unable to obtain the weapon through the market place until later.  I am unable to trade until level 15.  I am out of keys.  The fact I had to spin the dumbass wheel for an hour was stupid in itself.  RNG for endgame content, or cosmetics is fine, double rnjesus for a required weapon to upgrade your current one at level freakin' 8?  Are you *cricket*ing shitting me?  That's not fun, that's not hard, that's just stupid.

Of course, keys and seals are overly priced in this game and you can only reliably get them through quests, so I would have to literally backtrack to get the blade then upgrade it and still feel pretty far behind in the process.

Look, the game's combat and cosmetic system is really rad, but that rngness is just... so... broken.  No one should ever have to suffer just to progress their weapon... BUT THEY DO!  Apperantly these steps occur multiple times in the damn game!

A solution?

Remove weapon chests and just... give them class weapons.  There are so many classes that all have unique weapons that it's way too painful to have to deal with opening up a chest and getting jack shit for another class.  After just dealing with getting the chest itself.  That's only for the wheel of *cricket* you.  I haven't experienced raids or anything like that yet so end game content I'm clueless on.

Umm you forgot that they sell "Keys" that give you what your class needs from a chest.

Pay close attention to the word SELL. 

RNG will never leave when it comes to getting class specific items that are required to progress in the game.

It's rather sad to think about, but this game wasn't always a random box hell. Back when the game was young -- it was for the most part quite reasonable. It had the typical random crap but it wasn't embedded into every single element of the game and level progression wasn't nearly so tedious and streamlined.

It's all just a result of an aged game being monetized in every single way NC can come up with and sacrificing basic enjoyable game design in the process. The game in Korea has long since passed out of the hands of casuals and into the the hands of hardcore addicts and cash whales.

1 minute ago, Xenire said:

It's rather sad to think about, but this game wasn't always an random box hell. Back when the game was young it was for the most part quite reasonable. It had the typical random crap but it wasn't embedded into every single element of the game and level progression wasn't nearly so tedious and streamlined.

It's all just a result of an aged game being monetized in every single way NC can come up with and sacrificing basic enjoyable game design in the process. The game in Korea has long since passed out of the hands of casuals and into the the hands of hardcore addicts and cash whales.

So true.

And so sad.

I truly had high hopes for this game in the first week.... but umm it has taken a really bad turn for the worse.

I genuinely love all of the "I HATE RNG. I HATE COSTUME PRICES. I'M LEAVING FOR BLACK DESERT". Yeah alright. Come back when you find out Black Desert is exactly the same and has no content.

Every game has RNG. Every game requires grind to get equipment. RNG will always be random, and some people will get their weapon in 1-2 boxes and others will take many.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/5/2016 at 10:17 PM, Dradiinmmo said:
On 2/5/2016 at 10:11 PM, Aickavon said:

A solution?

it's like that for all upgrades. I've been spamming Darkglimpse for two days now and still haven't gotten a blade for Blademaster yet I've got a ton of the weapons for the other classes as well as the Razor. The only solution (for those who feel that they don't wish to spend RL money on a F2P game) is to purchase the Blue weapons needed from AH (purples ya can't sell) being honest if you look at your servers prices you'll see most if not all are about 50-90 silver. So after a 2 day grind fest (if you're extremely unlucky like me) sell what ya got on the AH and buy what ya need save what money is left over. And yes the RNG in this game is incredibly retarded but then again it IS a F2P game they had to put somethings in that we'd find stupid just so they could add the overwhelming solution to their in game store. It's called business.

On 2/5/2016 at 10:17 PM, Dradiinmmo said:
On 2/5/2016 at 10:11 PM, Aickavon said:

I genuinely love all of the "I HATE RNG. I HATE COSTUME PRICES. I'M LEAVING FOR BLACK DESERT". Yeah alright. Come back when you find out Black Desert is exactly the same and has no content.

Every game has RNG. Every game requires grind to get equipment. RNG will always be random, and some people will get their weapon in 1-2 boxes and others will take many.

Not exactly Tomoyo. For F2P yes most are RNG dependent, however there ARE some games that within the last 1-2 years have gone F2P and ARE NOT RNG dependent for weapons, gear. Instead the make you upgrade by enhancing through different means. Take SWTOR (Star Wars The Old Republic) your "Gear, Maing hand, Off hand" are orange/purple modable shells, You go through your story (and some side) and in the rewards you get Common data crystals. collect so many (45-50) then go to your fleet, head to supplies, find your level merchant and then buy the mods with the crystals. or you can run Flashpoints the bosses drop a piece of gear specificaly for each player in the FP. As well the daily FP quests give crystals. Really for that game the only RNG comes in the form of damage mitigation, Crit, and if you purchase CM packs. 

Archived