Forums

Blade and Soul: RNG Hell

LordLokai

I'm slowly begining to feel that blade and soul's greatest downfall is its insane RNG focus, everything feels like its a " chance " to drop where as in most mmo's its just in dungeons that effect takes place. But the way this game does its rng... its like everything is a box, or has a chance to drop this, or that a chance here and a chance there, and higher level i've gotten feels like they want to punish you more and more... now wheels are only dropping 1 essence a fight and feels like a real drag just to get basic things.

If one thing i'll say that blade and soul doesn't do well its the RNG... you can really feel the Korean MMO in this one more so then other games i played...least they held the RNG back till max level... but this one? man really let you know from the outset. 

Welcome To RNG hell pull up a seat, and enjoy your stay because you ain't getting what ever it is you want! in fact we'll drop everything BUT what you want! just to add salt to the wound! all of this shit is UNTRADEABLE! Seriously... why are the non-purples suddenly untradeable now? ugg just needed to get his off my chest but if one thing i think will kill this game for me right now, its the RNG... and fighting people over drops via auction only making it worse.

Well i agree with you, but you should be ready to get flamed from the white knights. 

I am sure you will get a few... Welcome to F2P newb, or other mindless drivel, aimed at trying to belittle yer opinion. 

The RNG is a bit too much in the game, and it seems a lazy solution to alot of the games mechanics.

1 minute ago, Kaze22 said:

I can't stand this shit rng talk anymore.

I got 3/4 chars and never complaining but okay, make the game easier easier easier...

You can buy keys, unsealings essences and so on if u have no luck...

I'm curious how does RNG equate difficulty? if i am complaining about RNG, then i obviously beat the boss.... *taps chin* ... NOPE i dont see it =x

23 minutes ago, Hwannn said:

Nah Nah Nah trust me you dont know what RNG hell is, *cough* V**di***s *cough* 

So true. Last time I played that back in 2011 it took forever to snip bits off those bosses just to make costumes, especially if the raid had the bosses a) flying everywhere or b) raid wipes.

not everyone enjoys grinding to be fair

i mean this game is pretty pvp centric to begin with.

not to mention, the pve in this game is so ridiculously linear and easy it's incredibly boring. the only difficulty in pve in this game is gear/level checks

o_o

Only wheel where you only get 1 essence per go at the boss is King Kaari and there's literally no point to kill him except for cosmetics...

Plus you can just buy essences on the market. Even the highest level essences are a few silver each and keys are also just a few silver each.

i dont pvp at all and there are more ppl then just me kiddo so dont walk over us and say we dont need to grind

a game without grind is a boring crap game because you have nothing to aim to get u speed level to 50 and gotten everything along the way thats when u alt+f4 and move on to a new game..

I actually like the RNG system. Specially on costumes. Since they are free, they might as well be hard to get. That way they still feels ''exclusive''. That's just my opinion though. About everything else... Well, I've never had trouble grinding for anything other than a costume. In fact they should make soul shields harder to get. Again. Just my opinion.

1 hour ago, LordLokai said:

I'm slowly begining to feel that blade and soul's greatest downfall is its insane RNG focus, everything feels like its a " chance " to drop where as in most mmo's its just in dungeons that effect takes place. But the way this game does its rng... its like everything is a box, or has a chance to drop this, or that a chance here and a chance there, and higher level i've gotten feels like they want to punish you more and more... now wheels are only dropping 1 essence a fight and feels like a real drag just to get basic things.

If one thing i'll say that blade and soul doesn't do well its the RNG... you can really feel the Korean MMO in this one more so then other games i played...least they held the RNG back till max level... but this one? man really let you know from the outset. 

Welcome To RNG hell pull up a seat, and enjoy your stay because you ain't getting what ever it is you want! in fact we'll drop everything BUT what you want! just to add salt to the wound! all of this shit is UNTRADEABLE! Seriously... why are the non-purples suddenly untradeable now? ugg just needed to get his off my chest but if one thing i think will kill this game for me right now, its the RNG... and fighting people over drops via auction only making it worse.

RNG is the way for them to make you pay for premium. One of the feature of premium is better chance of getting items from the box, the more level of premium you get, the higher the chance.

Welcome to RNG and Wealth, the more you pay the better luck you will get at everything.

1 hour ago, Kirvin said:

Only wheel where you only get 1 essence per go at the boss is King Kaari and there's literally no point to kill him except for cosmetics...

Plus you can just buy essences on the market. Even the highest level essences are a few silver each and keys are also just a few silver each.

Pinchy as well, and he's a much more annoying fight because of the bombs =p

That said, yeah, it's annoying, but this game's grind is just that, annoying but passable. If it gets bad enough just buy your Brilliant keys. You want real grind play Vindictus and worry about blowing up your weapon, or TERA and lose millions in gold over and over for nothing, or spend months grinding one way or another for a Legendary on Guild Wars 2. This game's grind is so, so mild compared to almost everything else out there.

Do I get frustrated? Sure. It's not worthy of a rant though. The only thing that I did make a thread about was the loot tables including weapons for Warlocks when they aren't even in the game yet. That's just bad management and easily fixed.

You must be new to MMOs (and possibly dungeon crawlers as a whole).

If you're having trouble with hongmoon weapons, arguably you could consider it a luxury item and do away with it. The weapons found off monsters won't have the same stats, but there's less RNG involved. Pick your poison.

No sympathy from me OP.

Try playing Everquest 1 with 100 person raids and trying to earn one of the couple of items that dropped off the boss against the other 99 people (if you actually needed one of those items).

Try 60 person raids in World of Warcraft and trying to earn one of the couple of items that dropped off bosses against the other 59 people (if you actually needed one of those items).

Hell, try playing Diablo 3. Sometimes I get my best in slot items in the first few days of creating a new character. Sometimes it's the opposite.

You just sound like an entitled brat that wants all the gear dropped in your lap so you can say you're uber-awesome. Try working for something for once in your life.

On 1/31/2016 at 11:57 PM, Dradiinmmo said:

Well i agree with you, but you should be ready to get flamed from the white knights. 

I am sure you will get a few... Welcome to F2P newb, or other mindless drivel, aimed at trying to belittle yer opinion. 

The RNG is a bit too much in the game, and it seems a lazy solution to alot of the games mechanics.

You just did the same thing

You literally,before anyone else replied, did the same thing youre attacking

@OP

Use your keys wisely and dont forget the esy things you can find like soul shields and gems

Lol, people keep calling it RNG, but that isn't quite correct. Well, a random number generator is likely used to 'roll' for the contents of a box, however the actual process of attempting to obtain a specific item from a box isn't random at all. In fact there is an easily discernible pattern. It's obvious that the possible contents are being weighted based on the class of character you are playing. The actual chance of each type of weapon to drop from the box being weighted against whichever one your class needs, and that weighting process gets more and more severe as time goes on. This is why the Razor weapon type is in game, even though the class hasn't been released yet. It's not that it's easier to just leave it in until the 10th, it's just that more weapons means better value in buying keys.

If they can sucker you into buying keys for $10 a pop, good. If they can't, and you would rather never pay a dime, or would rather quit playing; that's fine as well. They don't want you. You aren't a customer, and you provide them with no revenue. 

So are they going to stop weighting the boxes and make them true RNG? No. Are they going to lower the cost of keys? No. 

Remember this is the same company that has a cash shop item that literally costs more than a new house in another game. Not a house in the game, an item in a game that costs more than an actual house. $341,000 USD, in fact. Seriously. (Though I should note, that after much ridicule and math shaming from players, NCWest went ahead and discounted that by half. Sweet. $170,500 for a weapon. Get em while they're hot!)

They simply do not care about anything but making you pay, and they have no qualms about asking truly stupid prices for pixels, and it's only going to get worse as time goes on.

If you think they're money-grabbing now, just wait. Your choices are to play and try to enjoy what you can, knowing you'll struggle far more than some kid who's parents show their love with a credit card, you can bite the bullet and buy keys or, you can quit and play something else.

Reality: things in game will get harder and harder to obtain, everything will take more and more time to do, items in the cash shop will get more and more expensive. And if everyone quits? Excellent, they made a bunch of money, and now they don't have to pay the light bill to keep the servers running, the next game will make money too.

5 minutes ago, err0r said:

Welcome to the world of NCsoft. Every NCsoft game I have ever played, especially Aion, has been one RNG dickfest.

The actual OP is no longer fully meaningful since the Brilliant keys are now sold super-cheap on marketplace (10 silver for the infernal weapon one).

12 minutes ago, Maralena said:

snip

People like you keep calling it "non"-rng, but many people get their weapon within normal range of probability. Just that only the select ones that didn't get it in a while make threads about it.

More about it here:

Everything is geared towards keeping players playing for as long as possible - which only really makes sense for the subscribers, of course - RNG boxes within RNG boxes to get your breakthrough weapons was the first stupid thing I encountered, didn't really think anything off it though. Also, literally nothing you get is a) worth anything or be) non tradeable (aside from some materials)... again, grinding dailies takes  long time, so that's what you have to do. Now add RNG boxes in the shop to the mix, and you have a complete picture... an ugly one.

Archived