Things that would make me leave this game...

SirValic

1 minute ago, SirValic said:

You don't open world pvp so you wouldn't know. We just had this talk, did you lose your memory already from only 10 mins ago? Anyone can get combo'd off their feet from 1 second's worth gone. Dude you're literally going in circles right now, plz.. PLZ stop and think for a minute rofl.

If you think they're overpowered right now, I'd like some videos of some prior to 45 beating summoners/kung fu masters.

I openworld pvp'd many of times? I never once lost a fight cause I spawned in "late"

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Anrothan said:

I am in Poharan.  The only class that gives me shit is Destro, and a goof FM. but we both have a 7 second Gap closer and we both have trips for days. we have CC on BM you just have to combo it right. 

When do I get these skills, I'd love em about now like every other class has around my level :I? Also forgot you can arena across servers lol.

3 minutes ago, Xillogean said:

That's not this version of blade and soul. Pretty sure he's capped too....

4 minutes ago, Absolfd said:

I openworld pvp'd many of times? I never once lost a fight cause I spawned in "late"

Then you don't do it enough. I find it very hard to believe you started this game and not once died from someone combo'ing you on spawn start, unless ofc you strip every time you die... which again, dumb that you'd have to do that.... Are we done yet?

Just now, SirValic said:

When do I get these skills, I'd love em about now like every other class has around my level :I? Also forgot you can arena across servers lol.

my LBD started being good at lvl 20 and my BM was amazing 15+  Like I said bro, all you need to do is spar with friends or make friends with a clan and 1v1 them. I learned the hard way and started to 1v1 at lvl 40 with my old LBD but my stats made me cringe so I remade it.  Practice Practice Practice and I promise you will see a new light on BMs and LBD.  Trust me man, once you learn the combos, you will be like.. OP AS HELL!!!!

Protip: Sins getting buffed next patch so work around their skills and you will be gold!

That's not this version of blade and soul.

Then you don't do it enough. I find it very hard to believe you started this game and not once died from someone combo'ing you on spawn start, unless ofc you strip every time you die... which again, dumb that you'd have to do that.... Are we done yet?

I never put on my PVP clothes when I first started lmao I had experience before playing in NA severs

2 minutes ago, Anrothan said:

my LBD started being good at lvl 20 and my BM was amazing 15+  Like I said bro, all you need to do is spar with friends or make friends with a clan and 1v1 them. I learned the hard way and started to 1v1 at lvl 40 with my old LBD but my stats made me cringe so I remade it.  Practice Practice Practice and I promise you will see a new light on BMs and LBD.  Trust me man, once you learn the combos, you will be like.. OP AS HELL!!!!

Protip: Sins getting buffed next patch so work around their skills and you will be gold!

Just to reiterate here.. I have no issues whatsoever with blade dancers.... How exactly did you handle kung fu masters or sins before level 20 as a blade master in the arena?...  And OH GOOD, BUFFING A CLASS THAT'S ALREADY GOOD.... TY >_>

Just now, Absolfd said:

I never put on my PVP clothes when I first started lmao I had experience before playing in NA severs

Then why are you still talking as if you're contributing to this thread? I'm not someone who's player blade and soul prior to the NA release, I don't liek waiting until the end cap to open world pvp... You stated you are the opposite of both... What are you doing in this thread? rofl

5 minutes ago, SirValic said:

That's not this version of blade and soul. Pretty sure he's capped too....

KR version or not. It's still the same skill set. The moves are all the same. Our version isn't too much different, although with the cap being 50 and having that 1 extra skill point you get really helps a lot. Within the next 6 months I can imagine getting all the content that KR has currently right now, so just get good. BM is one of the best classes in the game. You clearly haven't seen all the stuns they have. Everything is a stun. Everything shown in this video is stuff you can currently do in the game. Please don't try to bash on something you have done little to no research about.

Just now, Xillogean said:

KR version or not. It's still the same skill set. The moves are all the same. Our version isn't too much different, although with the cap being 50 and having that 1 extra skill point you get really helps a lot. Within the next 6 months I can imagine getting all the content that KR has currently right now, so just get good. BM is one of the best classes in the game. You clearly haven't seen all the stuns they have.

I've read and read that they're the best... yet I see tons of people in the chat and in game who complain to death about summoners and the like as if they can't do anything vs them. I blew this off until I could see it firsthand myself.. Now whenever I see a summoner, I can know 2 things will happen. 1. I'll finally get a chance to combo the summoner only to be knocked out by her summon... or 2. Never get a target on the summoner because the cat is in my camera's face 24/7.

It kinda does make a difference though. I sincerely want to see a new player who has a blade master, take on a (decent)summoner successfully prior to level 30. Can't be done.

4 minutes ago, SirValic said:

Just to reiterate here.. I have no issues whatsoever with blade dancers.... How exactly did you handle kung fu masters or sins before level 20 as a blade master in the arena?...  And OH GOOD, BUFFING A CLASS THAT'S ALREADY GOOD.... TY >_>

Then why are you still talking as if you're contributing to this thread? I'm not someone who's player blade and soul prior to the NA release, I don't liek waiting until the end cap to open world pvp... You stated you are the opposite of both... What are you doing in this thread? rofl

Since when did I say cap to level 45? Level 30+ is the best time to start pvp

4 minutes ago, SirValic said:

I've read and read that they're the best... yet I see tons of people in the chat and in game who complain to death about summoners and the like as if they can't do anything vs them. I blew this off until I could see it firsthand myself.. Now whenever I see a summoner, I can know 2 things will happen. 1. I'll finally get a chance to combo the summoner only to be knocked out by her summon... or 2. Never get a target on the summoner because the cat is in my camera's face 24/7.

It kinda does make a difference though. I sincerely want to see a new player who has a blade master, take on a (decent)summoner successfully prior to level 30. Can't be done.

Kill the cat. Most of my wins are against summoners. Once you learn their attack patterns it's not bad. When I first went against them 9/10 times I would lose. It's just a learning process. Also, PVP isn't balanced until level 45 anyway. Blade Master fails early game because of the lack of skills compared to some other classes. Judging a class by a whole because of its early levels is just silly.

Now wait until Warlock comes out. People will shut up about summoners then.

7 minutes ago, Absolfd said:

Since when did I say cap to level 45? Level 30+ is the best time to start pvp

How would a new player know this? What if said new player would like to pvp prior to then? You didn't say anything, my original post though did.. so I guess you really didn't read it lol.

6 minutes ago, Xillogean said:

Kill the cat. Most of my wins are against summoners. Once you learn their attack patterns it's not bad. When I first went against them 9/10 times I would lose. It's just a learning process. Also, PVP isn't balanced until level 45 anyway. 

See, I tried that. In fact, I figured that's the type of idea that summoners work as.. without the summon, what is a summoner right? It's an er... Anyway, I tried that.. instead got bursted down by the summoner herself.. cuz apparently they don't even need cats to help to do damage themselves. So then I tried working on focusing the summoner.. can't control the kitty if the summoner is being knocked around right? Wrong.. they can swap places just about for anything and the summon still can grapple/attack you during your combos.... How about attacking both then?.. Ha.. funny, if only I had that kinda range lmao... since more often than not, summoner is a fair distance form her summon for both ranged attacks and good escape swapping. But none of that matters because the ending statement there validates my entire point. "Nothing matters until 45 anyways"... so why is there pvp content prior to 45?

How would a new player know this? What if said new player would like to pvp prior to then? You didn't say anything, my original post though did.. so I guess you really didn't read it lol.

See, I tried that. In fact, I figured that's the type of idea that summoners work as.. without the summon, what is a summoner right? It's an er... Anyway, I tried that.. instead got bursted down by the summoner herself.. cuz apparently they don't even need cats to help to do damage themselves. So then I tried working on focusing the summoner.. can't control the kitty if the summoner is being knocked around right? Wrong.. they can swap places just about for anything and the summon still can grapple/attack you during your combos.... But none of that matters because the ending statement there validates my entire point. "Nothing matters until 45 anyways"... so why is there pvp content prior to 45?

Sounds like you really gotta spec some stuns into lunar and boot. Helps when you have shoulder charge as well. Put one point into Rush and the increased movement speed bonus helps by a ton. You can also spec soaring falcon to target multiple enemies and you can pull  them towards you. 

5 minutes ago, SirValic said:

How exactly did you handle kung fu masters or sins before level 20 as a blade master in the arena?...  And OH GOOD, BUFFING A CLASS THAT'S ALREADY GOOD.... TY >_>

KFM has a 5 second CD on counter and always keep fingers on Tab + F.  Dont always be so close to them as they excel at close combat.  Also, stay about 5-8 meters away as their gap closer needs to be within 10m. KFM are probably the easiest to duel compared to assassins and FM, but Destro will eat you alive if you do not know what to do. 

Believe it or not, Sins lack so much damage for their squishyness.  I can EZ a sin if I can get my combo off within the 1st 5 seconds. Fastest I killed a sin was like 3 or 4 seconds no lie.  Read your skills for PvP and see which ones you use the most and build off that. I use block a lot as well as my escapes so I build off that. My LMB as well so work around all of those skills bro. 

As far as LBD, I feel like they are the most OP class in the game ATM in the hands of a person who remotely understands them. I was ezing lvl 45s in Arena as lvl 20. LBD 1 is a free KD and their X and V are free CC with decent CDs.  The 4 is a great way to start your combos as well as stealing their focus/chi. LBD are OP as hell man so I recommend you try them out. They are similar to BM but just more agile and faster paced.

14 minutes ago, Xillogean said:

Sounds like you really gotta spec some stuns into lunar and boot. Helps when you have shoulder charge as well. Put one point into Rush and the increased movement speed bonus helps by a ton. You can also spec soaring falcon to target multiple enemies and you can pull  them towards you. 

I am following a pvp build I found. Can get only so much until maybe level 30... which apparently when this class shines while others- you get my point. I can see them standing a match at end cap but prior to maybe 30-35... they can't do well vs some classes whatsoever. I know I want boot's stun, dunno when I get shoulder charge.... I got it into lunar but I often find myself comboing from eagle>knock up> that aerial combo skill> the dunk> stomp > the knock down ground sweep> LMB>stomp>rush>lightning draw. Sorry if I dunno all the names, lotta skills for a lot of different situations >_>; but I run out of chi(or whatever this game calls those orbs) by that point.

13 minutes ago, Anrothan said:

KFM has a 5 second CD on counter and always keep fingers on Tab + F.  Dont always be so close to them as they excel at close combat.  Also, stay about 5-8 meters away as their gap closer needs to be within 10m. KFM are probably the easiest to duel compared to assassins and FM, but Destro will eat you alive if you do not know what to do. 

Believe it or not, Sins lack so much damage for their squishyness.  I can EZ a sin if I can get my combo off within the 1st 5 seconds. Fastest I killed a sin was like 3 or 4 seconds no lie.  Read your skills for PvP and see which ones you use the most and build off that. I use block a lot as well as my escapes so I build off that. My LMB as well so work around all of those skills bro. 

As far as LBD, I feel like they are the most OP class in the game ATM in the hands of a person who remotely understands them. I was ezing lvl 45s in Arena as lvl 20. LBD 1 is a free KD and their X and V are free CC with decent CDs.  The 4 is a great way to start your combos as well as stealing their focus/chi. LBD are OP as hell man so I recommend you try them out. They are similar to BM but just more agile and faster paced.

I've actually won against every destroyer I've fought so far.... I actually forgot they were a class lmao. I can see their potential though, I've fought some good ones. As for kung fu masters... how can I not get close? I'm a melee class too... And the counter I'm referring to is that spammable skill they have on "1". I made a kung fu master to see it myself... it's literally like 1 second cd and spammable as hell... leaves very little room to attack lol.

If you mean for sins in the open world.. yeah, kinda funny that a class designed to ambush/destroy on ambush.. doesn't do that well in open world. I handle them fine there, but the arena is another story for some reason.

I read about blade dancers but... well maybe I should've included this point in the opening post too. Race locked... Noty :/ I'm not into the lil furry children, and I'd hate to be forced to just to play the class. I'm pretty sure people complain about this concept enough already though.. if not, it's obviously a restriction that's rather annoying in games. Like when Tera releases 3 gender/race locked classes...

Overall though, I hate to hear that a class is "like this one.. just better overall" in my own words lol.

BM Tip from Jaesung himself: Don't PvP with a blademaster until 45. A BM cannot shine at level 30 such as a sin or a summoner.

I like BM because it's "HardMode" - if you really wanted it easy, go summoner. KFM itself, like others said here, is Expert level so it's considered a harder class to play than BM (although I do see the KFM block far superior to the one of the BM in PvP, simply because of the mobility). Sin is also on par with BM so don't bash other classes like that. Adapt ;)

FM is quite easy for my BM to be honest. Block will always stun the poor things, how's about you use it ? :)

I'm going to be honest. BM and KFM are probably the two hardest classes to master in PvP (I'm playing a KFM), but their skill payoff is, conversely, the highest. Basically, you're just not completely used to your class and the class match-ups. And trust me, there are bad match-ups. I've read a lot that Assassin vs BM is pretty much the worse match-up for BM; but, in the end, you have to know how to get out of that handicap. Learn and experiment with which skills are good. Not every skill set is good/optimal for every class you go against either. I know the PvP isn't completely balanced, but there's hardly no point in revealing this because most PvP aren't balanced, so it's not like you're uncovering an anomaly with this game. As with loading screens, this depends on several factors - your hard-drive, your CPU, your memory, and your ping speed/latency. Quite simply, if you don't have a lot of RAM, you're going to encounter more loading screens. Your CPU, latency, and hard-drive (get a SSD) determine how fast those screens are.  

There is no loading screens if you have alot of RAM (16GB or more) because this game precaches maps on the fly, but if you have 4GB RAM or lower, its not going to precache the maps its going to show loading screens whenever it needs to

If you have played this game well enough you will eventually know that the only thing in b&s that stand out with other mmo is the combat, and you could get bored of it real fast if you keep doing it over again, i don't see content that is better than other game beside combats, but what is point of good combats with unbalanced pvp system! 

My thought is just enjoy the combat and the out fit while you can.

I agree with all of your points except for the loading screen thing. The game is open world, the "portals" are only there in case your computer hasn't finished loading the map. a faster computer will experience no loading screens when going through those portals. Don't believe me? Stand outside of a portal for 30 seconds and then try going through it. the only loading screens I get are when I use windstride or when I try cross-server/arena matching. Most times I can go through these portals without waiting at all.

17 minutes ago, Aluvis said:

I'm going to be honest. BM and KFM are probably the two hardest classes to master in PvP (I'm playing a KFM), but their skill payoff is, conversely, the highest. Basically, you're just not completely used to your class and the class match-ups. And trust me, there are bad match-ups. I've read a lot that Assassin vs BM is pretty much the worse match-up for BM; but, in the end, you have to know how to get out of that handicap. Learn and experiment with which skills are good. Not every skill set is good/optimal for every class you go against either. I know the PvP isn't completely balanced, but there's hardly no point in revealing this because most PvP aren't balanced, so it's not like you're uncovering an anomaly with this game. As with loading screens, this depends on several factors - your hard-drive, your CPU, your memory, and your ping speed/latency. Quite simply, if you don't have a lot of RAM, you're going to encounter more loading screens. Your CPU, latency, and hard-drive (get a SSD) determine how fast those screens are.  

Just feels like I'm playing the least common denominator with no payoff is all... the "master of none" class as they put it in the video.

16 minutes ago, Luffs said:

There is no loading screens if you have alot of RAM (16GB or more) because this game precaches maps on the fly, but if you have 4GB RAM or lower, its not going to precache the maps its going to show loading screens whenever it needs to

Well that explains a lot.... Hopefully I'll be getting a new computer in some time but regardless, what about the screens from dying? Will those still appear?  mean if you die in the same map you've already loaded.. why would it?

10 minutes ago, AbsoluteZer0 said:

If you have played this game well enough you will eventually know that the only thing in b&s that stand out with other mmo is the combat, and you could get bored of it real fast if you keep doing it over again, i don't see content that is better than other game beside combats, but what is point of good combats with unbalanced pvp system! 

My thought is just enjoy the combat and the out fit while you can.

Pretty much....

1 minute ago, 846806_1452550169 said:

I agree with all of your points except for the loading screen thing. The game is open world, the "portals" are only there in case your computer hasn't finished loading the map. a faster computer will experience no loading screens when going through those portals. Don't believe me? Stand outside of a portal for 30 seconds and then try going through it. the only loading screens I get are when I use windstride or when I try cross-server/arena matching. Most times I can go through these portals without waiting at all.

I noticed that, I had a hunch but I wasn't sure. Just a shame it still appears no matter what though every time you die, eve if you're in the same already loaded map... Aion never had these issues, I mean granted they separated their maps but regardless, the maps themselves were bigger than what I see for a map in blade and soul... and I didn't need to have anything cached or loaded then... Meh.

5 hours ago, Xillogean said:

Kill the cat. Most of my wins are against summoners. Once you learn their attack patterns it's not bad. When I first went against them 9/10 times I would lose. It's just a learning process. Also, PVP isn't balanced until level 45 anyway. Blade Master fails early game because of the lack of skills compared to some other classes. Judging a class by a whole because of its early levels is just silly.

Now wait until Warlock comes out. People will shut up about summoners then.

Thank you. Finally someone that knows what they are talking about.

7 hours ago, SirValic said:

Why are you complaining if you dont even have all your skills yet? Nobobdy pre 45 should complain about classes being OP. 

Archived