[KFM] Frost mage counter?

XER0SIGHT

How do you counter the frost mage in arena 1v1? They just keep frost bolting me and freezing me in place.

Countering and then shadow stepping works to an extend but the CD on those skills can't out match the cd-less frost bolts.

Plaz halp.

I'm not 100% about this, but I've read that once KFM get access to the extra Hongmoon talents and skill points they can counter immobilize effects. So for now just keep practicing and when Feb 10th rolls around the match up should be more manageable  

Spec grapple into ice guard for a fallback when you run out of cooldowns and are rooted.

Abuse ss -> lmb because it lets you gap close even when movement skills are blocked.

Get in the FM's face and stay there.  Use q/e to stay on him and get triple kick procs.

Make every opening you get count and convert it into lots of damage. 

Honestly it isn't a horrible matchup when you figure it out.

^^ I love playing vs FM as a KFM. It is by far one of my favorite match ups. I have like a 75/25 against them. To original poster, if you're good with counter timing as a KFM, the 2 second stun on counter is your favorite talent vs FM. Other than that, don't try to use ss often until you're rooted or else disaster will come about. Play your cd timings well and you'll do fine vs FM. Oh yeah, last thing to add that you might not know. . . Don't hit the FM when he has an ice thing above his character. . . Wait for it to fade away and then proceed to attack him.

7 hours ago, XER0SIGHT said:

How do you counter the frost mage in arena 1v1? They just keep frost bolting me and freezing me in place.

Countering and then shadow stepping works to an extend but the CD on those skills can't out match the cd-less frost bolts.

Plaz halp.

You cant, Ghostcrawler mains a frost mage so it has to be op.

You should trinket nova for sure doe. 

Archived