Forums

so, are all costumes gonna be like this?

AceMaster

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, AmbivalentCat said:

Would be funny to see that happen :p. Honestly, BnS (Jin male) and TERA (Castanic/High Elf male) are the two games that did this the best, but in TERA there's really not a whole lot going on for male costumes since they really only cater to female characters (though they do have speedos!). Here it's obviously different, and I'm actually debating making a Jin male just because they're...really nice to look at. It goes both ways - there's just less female gamers out there to objectify male characters, and even less games that make actually sexy male characters. Most games tend to lump all their male playable characters into the human-shaped Grumpy Cat category.

Yes! I forgot about Tera. I actually played a castanic male for a while. I quit TERA for a shallow reason. When they brought the maid outifts for Elins only and they had like a special emote along with it. I hate that they basically only catered to Elins>Elf- Castanic Females>Males. So I quit. xD

39 minutes ago, Brand X said:

Wait, what?  I just went through wardrobe and not counting faction uniforms (since they cause PvP which one may not want) I count at least 30 that aren't just short skirts (they have leggings or long boots and no split up along the leg) or covers almost everything and none of them are what I'd call fetishistic.

That was on Jin.  So, I'm not sure what you're complaining about.  Unless the issue is just that you can't find an outfit you like period.

They are just full of shit, don't worry, there are plenty of very cool non-lewd costumes, and there are some revealing, yet no one is forced to wear them.

They are just annoyed we get an option to look at some ficticious ass I suppose.

1 hour ago, Khalith said:

I completely agree, Aerasani is so full of shit I can't even take these double standards seriously.

Men can't be objectified, because women apparently feel no pleasure in seeing hot men, they are all saints. Apparently all women in the world don't like sex and don't feel pleasure according to this guy, they are levitating in the skies above men even though we are all human (???) makes sense (???) right?

Its just women, women and women. Poor women. Even if they take a fart in the streets I am sure it was some guy's fault, I mean he was just passing by and decided to scare her out till she went in this fart frenzy, gotta keep the oppression up man. Men are so evil.

He/she/it doesn't realize it but he/she/it is way more sexist than anyone here and probably a lot of people out there.

But then he/she/it will come out to say women/defenders of women can't be sexist because, I don't know, something the feminist bible says and it must be true.

They are never wrong, even when they are, welcome to today's feminism.

11 minutes ago, Suisara said:

Men can't be objectified, because women apparently feel no pleasure in seeing hot men, they are all saints. Apparently all women in the world don't like sex and don't feel pleasure according to this guy, they are levitating in the skies above men even though we are all human (???) makes sense (???) right?

Its just women, women and women. Poor women. Even if they take a fart in the streets I am sure it was some guy's fault, I mean he was just passing by and decided to scare her out till she went in this fart frenzy, gotta keep the oppression up man. Men are so evil.

He/she/it doesn't realize it but he/she/it is way more sexist than anyone here and probably a lot of people out there.

But then he/she/it will come out to say women/defenders of women can't be sexist because, I don't know, something the feminist bible says and it must be true.

If I played a male character I'm sure it would be topless, because rawr. I don't think it's a problem that there are suggestive outfits that show a lot for female characters and I don't mind if other people play with them, I'd just prefer if there were other options. Currently options are very limited, for me there's only three outfits (two of which are faction outfits) that don't feel super dumb in some way (like an anchor on the back, seriously?) or super trashy. Male characters have plenty of outfits that are just normal, all I personally want is to have a few choices like that too. Everyone else can do whatever they want!

Also, there's no need to be a douche to convey a point.

Just now, Siri said:

If I played a male character I'm sure it would be topless, because rawr. I don't think it's a problem that there are suggestive outfits that show a lot for female characters and I don't mind if other people play with them, I'd just prefer if there were other options. Currently options are very limited, for me there's only three outfits (two of which are faction outfits) that don't feel super dumb in some way (like an anchor on the back, seriously?) or super trashy. Male characters have plenty of outfits that are just normal, all I personally want is to have a few choices like that too. Everyone else can do whatever they want!

Also, there's no need to be a douche to convey a point.

Your male character could be naked for all I care, that is my point (that is how much I think people should care).

Also there is a ton of normal outfits (and I mean a TON), play the game. Open the wardrobe and start checking them out, you have a shitload of costumes there. If you don't like the female designs because they are trashy (in a non sexual way to boot) and you like more the male design .... why not play a male character? It seems you like them more. It's a game bro, you don't have to play female because you are female.

I don't remember directing my post at you also, as a matter of fact my post had 2 parts, one talking about how a lot of costumes exist, and another one taking a huge dump onto our sexist friend (which is not you apparently).

3 minutes ago, Suisara said:

Your male character could be naked for all I care, that is my point (that is how much I think people should care).

Also there is a ton of normal outfits (and I mean a TON), play the game. Open the wardrobe and start checking them out, you have a shitload of costumes there. If you don't like the female designs because they are trashy (in a non sexual way to boot) and you like more the male design .... why not play a male character? It seems you like them more. It's a game bro, you don't have to play female because you are female.

I don't remember directing my post at you also, as a matter of fact my post had 2 parts, one talking about how a lot of costumes exist, and another one taking a huge dump onto our sexist friend (which is not you apparently).

The first part I just added to show I agree with what your point was, we objectify men too. The tone you're taking is wholly unnecessary for the point though, could have cut after the first two rows.

I have checked through the wardrobe, that's how I arrived at the number three! The reason I don't play a male character is because I don't enjoy it, I want to identify with the character I play to some extent and that is more important to me than the outfits. It's a choice I've made and I don't blame anyone for that, I just want more simple stuff in line with the starter outfit. It feels very martial artsy without being silly.

Just now, Siri said:

The first part I just added to show I agree with what your point was, we objectify men too. The tone you're taking is wholly unnecessary for the point though, could have cut after the first two rows.

I have checked through the wardrobe, that's how I arrived at the number three!

You don't need to take offense, It was meant to sound like a joke anyways.

Well if you don't like the designs then it's another story, since I got my Burning Flames on my female character I just stuck to it and I didn't find anything else as cool, and I am literally keeping it up because it looks tooooo cool, before that I was using another one which also looked cool but forgot it's name.

I am actually very fond of the first costume we get in-game myself. I thought the golden deva as a set looks pretty cool even though it shows some skin.

I don't know, as I said maybe try a male character? I didn't think their desing was all that better either but that's just me.

9 minutes ago, Suisara said:

You don't need to take offense, It was meant to sound like a joke anyways.

Well if you don't like the designs then it's another story, since I got my Burning Flames on my female character I just stuck to it and I didn't find anything else as cool, and I am literally keeping it up because it looks tooooo cool, before that I was using another one which also looked cool but forgot it's name.

I am actually very fond of the first costume we get in-game myself. I thought the golden deva as a set looks pretty cool even though it shows some skin.

I don't know, as I said maybe try a male character? I didn't think their desing was all that better either but that's just me.

I LOVE the top half of the golden deva, the reason I don't love it is because there only is a top half xD

It's actually the one I'm using now until I get the Dark Sandstorm one. I don't LOVE that one either but I would if the bra was a bit more robust. There's also the twist of fate one which I'd also love if it came with shorts, not panties. It's not that they're far off, it's just that they seem to have that one detail that brings them from cool and powerful to trashy.

And, as I said, it's more important to me that I can identify with my character. It's a choice I'm good with, could always be better though! 

Just now, Lup said:

Like most games, this game is targeted to the stereotypical (read as can't get laid) males. Majority of those type of guys want to constantly stare at boobs and butts so yeah. =T 

Humm last I saw it a guy doesn't stop enjoying eye candy even when he gets a stable source of sex. People enjoy eye candy in general (yes even girls! Yes even the ones that get laid!), they just want to be politically correct and say they don't. But if you meant to just say this game was male oriented from the beginning, I will have to agree, most gamers are guys, it makes sense.

Although I must say that if one desires to fap, there are WAY better sources of material just one google away from any of us, so i like to think people aren't just playing this game one-handed or something.

17 minutes ago, Lup said:

Like most games, this game is targeted to the stereotypical (read as can't get laid) males. Majority of those type of guys want to constantly stare at boobs and butts so yeah. =T 

The game is male oriented for sure, no offence to our Asian friends but it's what should be expected out of any production from over there. I think it is wrong not to expect it but one can still want things that are... less, in the game as well.

3 minutes ago, Suisara said:

People enjoy eye candy in general (yes even girls! Yes even the ones that get laid!)

No way! *whistle*

Just now, Suisara said:

Humm last I saw it a guy doesn't stop enjoying eye candy even when he gets a stable source of sex. People enjoy eye candy in general (yes even girls! Yes even the ones that get laid!), they just want to be politically correct and say they don't. But if you meant to just say this game was male oriented from the beginning, I will have to agree, most gamers are guys, it makes sense.

Although I must say that if one desires to fap, there are WAY better sources of material just one google away from any of us, so i like to think people aren't just playing this game one-handed or something.

Last I checked they don't stress off of it as much. I play with A lot of dudes, each one actually plays a male char with the exception of 2 (the ones that don't get laid). According to all of them, the ones that constantly play girl chars and put them in skimpy clothing, make their boobs large etc. Are the ones that don't get laid regularly and it basically consumes their thoughts. In every MMO I've played (almost all of them), in every guild I've joined, they have all said and agreed upon this.

Yes girls like eye candy but majority aren't visual that's even why Po*n (not sure if we can say that here) is catered to men while books are more so for women.

This game is extremely sexually, so yeah a good chunk of dudes are playing girl chars, so a good chunk of the outfits are going to be trashy. Which is why I play a Lyn, I rather run around in balloon suits than a bra and panties. .-. Just not my thing, I prefer cutesy stuff to sexy stuff.

14 minutes ago, Lup said:

Last I checked they don't stress off of it as much. I play with A lot of dudes, each one actually plays a male char with the exception of 2 (the ones that don't get laid). According to all of them, the ones that constantly play girl chars and put them in skimpy clothing, make their boobs large etc. Are the ones that don't get laid regularly and it basically consumes their thoughts. In every MMO I've played (almost all of them), in every guild I've joined, they have all said and agreed upon this.

I love how Lup tries to equate to wanting a game free of censorship, where one can play a character that is BOTH sexy AND powerful to 'horny males who can't get laid'.  The lack of perception and passive aggressive sniping is strong with this one....

@LupAnd then again, if i take a look into my clan, i find more oposing examples than confirming ones. But that is also not a usable result because my results are biased by the same factor as yours are. people tend to get in contact with likeminded people. It's just more likely that the people around you have a comparable mindset etc.
This process is unconcious but makes you believe that your group of "friends" are the average of players. You can see a similar phenomenon in social media like facebook where you will rarely notice any "unfitting" opinions after a while as you are most likely befriended with people who have interests and opinions pretty close to yours.

29 minutes ago, SasamiMasaki said:

I love how Lup tries to equate to wanting a game free of censorship, where one can play a character that is BOTH sexy AND powerful to 'horny males who can't get laid'.  The lack of perception and passive aggressive sniping is strong with this one....

How did I personally equate anything to anything? All I did was say what males have said to me. Try again, especially since I don't care about censorship, if I wanted to play A G rated game, I wouldn't be here. A hit dog hollers the loudest, if you can't get laid that's not my problem.

27 minutes ago, CycLee said:

@LupAnd then again, if i take a look into my clan, i find more oposing examples than confirming ones. But that is also not a usable result because my results are biased by the same factor as yours are. people tend to get in contact with likeminded people. It's just more likely that the people around you have a comparable mindset etc.
This process is unconcious but makes you believe that your group of "friends" are the average of players. You can see a similar phenomenon in social media like facebook where you will rarely notice any "unfitting" opinions after a while as you are most likely befriended with people who have interests and opinions pretty close to yours.

It's not really just my "friends" I've seen the same thing on several threads. Since in almost every MMO (surprised it's not here yet) there's that one thread of "Why do guys play girl characters?" 

1 minute ago, Lup said:

How did I personally equate anything to anything? All I did was say what males have said to me. Try again, especially since I don't care about censorship, if I wanted to play A G rated game, I wouldn't be here. A hit dog hollers the loudest, if you can't get laid that's not my problem.

And here the passive aggressive dolt tries it again. Maybe this might be more what 'Lup' here is trying to do:

2qjd1mq.jpg

3 minutes ago, SasamiMasaki said:

And here the passive aggressive dolt tries it again. Maybe this might be more what 'Lup' here is trying to do:

2qjd1mq.jpg

I'm a chick so if you're trying to say I'm "white knighting" for chicks, try again.

You're the only one actually being aggressive for no reason. Again, a hit dog hollers the loudest, if it doesn't apply to you, move around. You're the only one here getting butthurt over something OTHER MEN have said. Everyone else disagreed like an adult, nope, not you...

5 minutes ago, Lup said:

It's not really just my "friends" I've seen the same thing on several threads. Since in almost every MMO (surprised it's not here yet) there's that one thread of "Why do guys play girl characters?" 

Posts on official forums for MMOs are but a small fraction of the player-base and not indicative of the players as a whole, merely the ones who choose to post on said forums.

3 minutes ago, Lup said:

I'm a chick so if you're trying to say I'm "white knighting" for chicks, try again.

You're the only one actually being aggressive for no reason. Again, a hit dog hollers the loudest, if it doesn't apply to you, move around. 

Suuure you are.  You are the one tossing out accusations to people that like the features / look of this game as if they were 'males who can't get laid'.  No one even brought that up and the conversation wasn't one which needed your snide insinuation / insult.  So do tell..what precisely is your issue that you seemed to be obsessing over whether or not 'someone gets laid'?  Is there something you want to tell us? Perhaps you are having trouble finding partners that are willing to risk hypothermia of the ol manhood?

Just now, 鳳綺妃 said:

Posts on official forums for MMOs are but a small fraction of the player-base and not indicative of the players as a whole, merely the ones who choose to post on said forums.

It's actually not as small as people think, but I'd agree it's not a large majority. But different people, on different games saying the same stuff? I don't understand why they would lie about something like that. 

3 minutes ago, SasamiMasaki said:

Suuure you are.  You are the one tossing out accusations to people that like the features / look of this game as if they were 'males who can't get laid'.  No one even brought that up and the conversation wasn't one which needed your snide insinuation / insult.  So do tell..what precisely is your issue that you seemed to be obsessing over whether or not 'someone gets laid'?  Is there something you want to tell us?

I'm going to need you to stop being so butthurt over your lack of sex (because that has to be your issue for you to get his mad) and read. Notice how I said that's what other men have said. I have no reason to lie about being a chick, that's really retarded. I never said dudes that play this game, play it because they can't get laid. I said other males have stated dude that play girl chars and insist upon them being sleezy are like that. Reading is fundamental.

But again, look how other people disagree like normal people and here you are foaming at the mouth over something other men have said lol. Be mad at yourself dude.

Also if I'm a dude white knighting, who would I be white knighting for since OP (which is a chick as well) said she disagrees? You're just making yourself look like a fool here.

9 minutes ago, Lup said:

It's actually not as small as people think, but I'd agree it's not a large majority. But different people, on different games saying the same stuff? I don't understand why they would lie about something like that. 

The same things such as? And lie about what exactly? I think I may be misunderstanding, my apologies. ^^;

6 minutes ago, Lup said:

I'm going to need you to stop being so butthurt over your lack of sex (because that has to be your issue for you to get his mad) and read. Notice how I said that's what other men have said. I have no reason to lie about being a chick, that's really retarded.

But again, look how other people disagree like normal people and here you are foaming at the mouth over something other men have said lol. Be mad at yourself dude.

Also if I'm a dude white knighting, who would I be white knighting for since OP (which is a chick as well) said she disagrees? You're just making yourself look like a fool here.

Once again you dance around the point and again fail to score with yet another accusation of how I 'need to get laid' 'lack of sex' or what have you.  You seem to be obsessed with this for some reason...and quite frankly it has passed into the realm of the amusing.  So do tell, what causes this desire of yours to insinuate that?  Your repeated attempts to do so, I regret to inform you, isn't making me look like a fool, but rather the converse.

Oh, p.s. : You are the one assuming what gender I am.  I see no need to inform you of it.  ^_-

Archived