so, are all costumes gonna be like this?

AceMaster

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Dradiinmmo said:

Pretty sure one of the main draws to this game is the portrayal of the females in the game, they are based on the artwork of a known Hentai artist.

It is kind of anathema to not want sexually explicit outfits in this game. 

He does ecchi not hentai please do not give wrong information.

10 hours ago, AceMaster said:

By previewing you only get an idea. After using it for hours your opinion might change. Example I liked autumn costume on yun in preview, but it didn't clicked when playing the character. On some other costume i began notice more details which i previously overlooked

That;s weird because I previewed the autumn outfit on all females no idea why it wouldn't for Kun.

You people are the reason why we dont get Dead or Alive extreme in US or EU. Leave my costumes and skinny females alone. If you dont like done play. That is how the artists created and how he wants to portray his art. That is his work. If you got a little brain use it for research. Look it up his name. Same style for magna carta and genesis.  You have 0 say in his creations. Exit is that way. *cricket* off and create your own game with your own art. SJWs spewing bulshit is the last thing I want to see here. 

If any BnS officials here, dont listen to sjw bullshit. You already censored the game and costumes enough. Please no more. 

11 hours ago, thatguyfromwork said:

Honestly, I feel like you didn't try to learn anything about the game before you decided to play a female.  This is your fault and it is not up to the developers to cater to your whims.  Play what you are comfortable with or it would just be better to leave.  

Also, I've seen plenty of females wearing outfits that weren't revealing...so I'm not sure what there is to complain about.

I like the art style and the costumes are well done, revealing or not. 

Why should someone not be allowed to criticize a game developer for their inclusion of sexual outfits? If someone feels it violates how women are portrayed in media they have every right to challenge the developers for their decisions. One or two revealing outfits aren't a problem, but when an overwhelming number of outfits are sexualized it, for me, devalues how the developers view women.

Although I haven't had much complaint because I play primarily as a Lyn, but from what I've seen there aren't too many revealing outfits for the other races either. The ones I would complain about I simply wouldn't wear but I haven't seen the full wardrobe yet so I can't say if I stand by what I said above or what I've just said in this paragraph.

It's just the game's style, they aren't going to bring in another costume designer just to satisfy you TC.

TBH personally I'm not huge on the outfits that have everything hanging out, but they are part of the game's style and I have the choice to wear something else or to play something else so yeah, whatever.

14 minutes ago, Grizzly31 said:

You people are the reason why we dont get Dead or Alive extreme in US or EU. Leave my costumes and skinny females alone. If you dont like done play. That is how the artists created and how he wants to portray his art. That is his work. If you got a little brain use it for research. Look it up his name. Same style for magna carta and genesis.  You have 0 say in his creations. Exit is that way. *cricket* off and create your own game with your own art. SJWs spewing bulshit is the last thing I want to see here. 

If any BnS officials here, dont listen to sjw bullshit. You already censored the game and costumes enough. Please no more. 

Actually it's less SJW and more about the sexualization of women in media which is an actual problem. Dead or Alive Extreme was purely sexual gratification; no playable male characters and aside from the volleyball it was just an excuse to watch jiggly bewb physics with the DoA name slapped across it.

It's ironic that you accuse someone of not doing research and then command BnS admins to not do exactly the same. The point of discourse is to highlight issues like this and discuss them maturely, not devalue what a person has to say because you feel irritated by it.

3 minutes ago, Lyrebon said:

Actually it's less SJW and more about the sexualization of women in media which is an actual problem. Dead or Alive Extreme was purely sexual gratification; no playable male characters and aside from the volleyball it was just an excuse to watch jiggly bewb physics with the DoA name slapped across it.

It's ironic that you accuse someone of not doing research and then command BnS admins to not do exactly the same. The point of discourse is to highlight issues like this and discuss them maturely, not devalue what a person has to say because you feel irritated by it.

This is going to get real dumb real quick now so I'm just going to fire and forget here.

Males and Females both sexualise the other sex (or their own in the case of homosexuals), it's called being human.

For every DOA there is a trashy "romance" novel ala 50 Shades of Grey.

For every man drooling over a sexy woman in a swimsuit, there is some woman drooling over a hunk with his top off.

Shoujo manga are just as trashy and servicy as shounen, sometimes even more so.

It all has a right to exist, I am not a totally ripped man with an amazingly pretty face, but I see no harm in the existance of yaoi manga which is pretty much all pretty boys *cricketing * eachother and is targeted squarely at women for sexual gratification and I also have no problem with women's panel shows and mags drooling over the latest photos of some Hollywood stud with his shirt off.

There is nothing bad about people embracing their sexuality and with different media catering to different people with their own inclinations, rather than trying to tear down something others like, find something you like or make something you like.

And if you are insecure about your body don't go crying about the portrayal of attractive people being attractive being terrible and making you feel bad, either see a therapist and learn to love yourself or make some plans and start improving yourself.

Wanted to play female character, but the outfits are shit, made for the most pervert and depravated. I'm sick of this kind of games where females are seeing like sexual objects. I prefetr 1000 times a female hero than a male, but showing a 120 breasts moving without stop makes me sick.

2 minutes ago, Goldmund said:

Wanted to play female character, but the outfits are shit, made for the most pervert and depravated. I'm sick of this kind of games where females are seeing like sexual objects. I prefetr 1000 times a female hero than a male, but showing a 120 breasts moving without stop makes me sick.

Look carefully, they have many other costumes that doesn't reveal too much (Browse through the wardrobe)  There are some very cool looking warrior like costumes for female too.  

14 minutes ago, Iduno said:

This is going to get real dumb real quick now so I'm just going to fire and forget here.

Males and Females both sexualise the other sex (or their own in the case of homosexuals), it's called being human.

For every man drooling over a sexy woman in a swimsuit, there is some woman drooling over a hunk with his top off.

It all has a right to exist, I am not a totally ripped man with an amazingly pretty face, but I see no harm in the existance of yaoi manga which is pretty much all pretty boys *cricketing * eachother and is targeted squarely at women for sexual gratification and I also have no problem with women's panel shows and mags drooling over the latest photos of some Hollywood stud with his shirt off.

There is nothing bad about people embracing their sexuality and with different media catering to different people with their own inclinations, rather than trying to tear down something others like, find something you like or make something you like.

And if you are insecure about your body don't go crying about the portrayal of attractive people being attractive being terrible and making you feel bad, either see a therapist and learn to love yourself or make some plans and start improving yourself.

This is definitely true, all the people who complain about female sexualization and objectification of woman are always hypocrites. Nobody bats an  eye when the males get naked in Fairy Tail but the moment a female does it, those SJW and feminists loses their mind.

14 minutes ago, Iduno said:

I agree with all of this and am of the opinion that these costumes belong but I don't feel like OP meant that. I think I might be on the same boat. Simply put overly sexualized costumes for my character do not appeal to me at all, wether male or female. Hence I chose Lyn, but I can see where OP is coming from. It would be nice to have a wider range of non-sexualized costumes for both sexes honestly. If it doesn't happen it doesn't happen and I'm fine with that, it'd just be nice y'know. I can't see why people are yelling SJW at that :/

48 minutes ago, Iduno said:

Bullshit. Female characters are piece of meat in this game. The male design is cool, the women design is an impossible body with 120breasts and a nicky minaj ass. 

practical.jpg

And threads about "let's share our characters!" is full of this pics:

blade-soul-crotch.jpg

Almost every pic you provided has Gon on it. It's race with most revealing outfits. Want something more covering? Try another race in this order: Gon -> Jin -> Yun -> Lyn.

And of top of that, there are some male outfits with bare chest and muscles everywhere. Everyone can find something for themselves. As Idono said, when a man is oversexualized, no one bats an eye, but when a woman is, everyone loses their minds.

I always find it humorous when guys choose to play female characters and then complain about what we wear.  I'm a girl, I see nothing wrong with the selection of clothes they give us to wear.  If you don't like looking girly, its probly bcause you aren't a girl.  Maybe you should play a male so you can wear clothes that you feel comfortable wearing.

10 minutes ago, BabygirlMinx said:

I always find it humorous when guys choose to play female characters and then complain about what we wear.  I'm a girl, I see nothing wrong with the selection of clothes they give us to wear.  If you don't like looking girly, its probly bcause you aren't a girl.  Maybe you should play a male so you can wear clothes that you feel comfortable wearing.

So you go to climb a mountain with a thong and without pants, am i wrong? 

1 hour ago, TwoPunchMan said:

This is definitely true, all the people who complain about female sexualization and objectification of woman are always hypocrites. Nobody bats an  eye when the males get naked in Fairy Tail but the moment a female does it, those SJW and feminists loses their mind.

Haha your name killed me XD Fairy Tail is full of fanservice for both genders and i didn't even know people complain about it :O

All the sexy outfits are just for money. I don't think developers of those outfits treat women like a, you know... This is the most stupid thing i've read in this topic (well, i haven't read too much beacause i'm lazy). People like it, you can't deny that it's more profitable for developers than some "pure, elegant" outfits.

Also, i'm not sure but from all those people complaining about female sexualization is there actually at least one girl? Just asking.

23 minutes ago, Goldmund said:

So you go to climb a mountain with a thong and without pants, am i wrong? 

With magical fantasy thong? Yes!

You should know that magic is not that easy, and producing magical items costs a lot of money and magical knowledge. So it's just a matter of saving resources ( and scare of mages that can enhant normal cloth to provide stuff like +HP or +STR ). That's why small Lyns are fully covered and big Gons not.

48 minutes ago, Goldmund said:

Bullshit. Female characters are piece of meat in this game. The male design is cool, the women design is an impossible body with 120breasts and a nicky minaj ass. 

And threads about "let's share our characters!" is full of this pics:

If you feel that strongly about sexualisation, this isn't the game for you. I'm all for a varied amount of style with slutty and non slutty outfits (which there are currently options for both). If someone wants to look slutty, then it's within their right to. Obviously some people take sexualisation too far, but in itself there's nothing wrong with it. At least no more wrong that wanting to beat a bunch of people to death in a wide number of games. If you want more conservative costumes than feel free to voice your opinion. Otherwise you're not going to get anyway, nor should you. Features shouldn't be held back for those with sticks up their backside.

11 minutes ago, Sumerechny said:

Haha your name killed me XD Fairy Tail is full of fanservice for both genders and i didn't even know people complain about it :O

All the sexy outfits are just for money. I don't think developers of those outfits treat women like a, you know... This is the most stupid thing i've read in this topic (well, i haven't read too much beacause i'm lazy). People like it, you can't deny that it's more profitable for developers than some "pure, elegant" outfits.

Also, i'm not sure but from all those people complaining about female sexualization is there actually at least one girl? Just asking.

I'm a chick and I personally love the sexy outfits. It's something I would NEVER wear IRL but hell, when I want to play a video game, I want to make a sexy character. Maybe it's for rpg, or whatever, but it's the style of the game. Rock it or leave it. There are plenty of outfits as said before that cover the body. You really just aren't LOOKING for them. They're hard to get but that should be what drives you to play and farm for them.

Archived