Jumping,Flying Quest

Oddora

OMG!!!!! Are we playing RPG or Flight Simulating games? I grow so freaking tired of these.For now i'm just kipping them.If most of the questing in this game is based on flying and jumping...i quit! I'm here to enjoy story lines and to kick some A@@ not play Q-Bert or some kind of flight simulator game. 

This game is stupid thought this was a rpg and not a jump action game. If I knew was going to make you do impossible jumps I would never bought a founders pack. Think im going to ask for a refund its not a rpg like they say it is not with this bad jumps have to do for a quest. Really enjoyed the game till they started forcing these bad jumps on to me. I rated it for game play 1 out of 5 it get a 1 because of the jumps in it. be nice if they had a video that shows you how jumping works. Every time I try its like im hitting an invisible wall and it wont let me jump very high. See others make it follow same steps and never even get half as high as them thinking the lyn's jumping is bugged.

On 2/1/2016 at 1:08 PM, Golgo said:

almost no quest requires jumping and gliding

Are you Level 1 or something?...really?

I'm level 35 and already past up 3-4 quest that require jump glide.Now i'm stuck on these to quest that require jump/glide,Chapter:31 and The quest "The Avian Advantage".To even make such a comment means you're not playing the game but instead trolling the forums.

Again,these jump/glide quest are bull @@@@ They completely ruined the game for me. I want to skip these 2 quest but there is nothing that tells me where to go next. So i guess game over for me.I refuse to do the jump/glide quest. Not to mention the quest Hit the Ground Running...really?!!!!!!! The Serpent Calling Bell has never dropped.Am i supposed to wait to level 50 farming it before i can finish this quest. Its no surprise to me how this game runs seeing that it is a NCSoft game.They ruin all the games they run.

On 1/31/2016 at 8:43 PM, Oddora said:

OMG!!!!! Are we playing RPG or Flight Simulating games? I grow so freaking tired of these.For now i'm just kipping them.If most of the questing in this game is based on flying and jumping...i quit! I'm here to enjoy story lines and to kick some A@@ not play Q-Bert or some kind of flight simulator game. 

There are a few hundred quests in this game and about 10 of them need jumping/gliding to finish. And they are not even hard. Pretty much anyone can finish them with less than 5 tries. As for the Calling Bell, you do realize that you can craft them or just buy from marketplace right?

Geeze people. I'm level 30 Summoner and I can't do the jumps and gliding right because the STUPID GAME won't tell you how or let you do it right!  I have to jump up a leaning town with a feather fan to get an upgrade on gliding. And I can't do it.  I get away from the building, let my chi go full strength and run at the building and jump by hitting the space bar. Sometimes my toon doesn't jump at all. Other times lucky to get to second story.  And it won't let me climb up the mountain behind the building so I can jump down. HOW DO U DO IT? 

Whew, as someone who playing with constant lag while enjoying the story i dont have this jump and glide problems so far...

i'm pretty sure on tutorial in very first level you got that how to do jump and glide, and several purple quests after you got the masked hongmoon give you some explanation about this and that before you get the skill...

that is if you read and follow the story tho... :)

Jump: Spacebar

Dash: W + W and hold

Dash jump: Dash + Jump

[W + W (hold) + Spacebar]

Glide: High jump + Spacebar

[W + W (hold) + Spacebar + Spacebar]

Airdash: Glide + W + W and hold

[W + W (hold) + Spacebar + Spacebar + W + W (hold)]

19 hours ago, Pegacorn said:

Geeze people. I'm level 30 Summoner and I can't do the jumps and gliding right because the STUPID GAME won't tell you how or let you do it right!  I have to jump up a leaning town with a fI teather fan to get an upgrade on gliding. And I can't do it.  I get away from the building, let my chi go full strength and run at the building and jump by hitting the space bar. Sometimes my toon doesn't jump at all. Other times lucky to get to second story.  And it won't let me climb up the mountain behind the building so I can jump down. HOW DO U DO IT? 

If you're not dexterous enough to hit W twice, then the shift key is also available. If you've ever played any game with a sprint option, the shift key is the standard hotkey for sprint. You can hit it with your pinky, if you have your fingers on the keyboard home keys. 

I realize platforming is frowned upon in today's gaming world but Jesus, playing a Mario game once in your life wouldn't kill you, and it'd probably help with your little windwalking jumping escapades. 

I must agree with the OP especially since others are saying there is more of the same in the game. I am pushing 69 and am retired and enjoy MMOs, but because of my age and certain physical limits brought on by age I can no longer use a keyboard and mouse for game navigation and must use a controller. It is impossible for me to accomplish the Glide function with a controller as I lose sight of my target. As a result I am at a complete stoppage in the main story quest. Because of this I am quieting the game and have already deleted it from my PC. Shame I was enjoying it up to this point. To NCSoft; If you are going to incorporate something (controller support) into your games please take the time and effort to do it right. If you cannot do that then don't do it at all.

I personally like the mini-platforming as it adds something a bit more interesting to the game. Seriously, its not that hard AT ALL. I'm currently a Lv.30 Destroyer and I've had very few issues. The only time I had trouble was the glide quest just north of Raider's in Scorching Sands which took all of about 5 tries.

I hate to sound this way but...git gud scrub.

• 2 years later...
Am 5.2.2016 um 00:13 schrieb Rizon538:

I must agree with the OP especially since others are saying there is more of the same in the game. I am pushing 69 and am retired and enjoy MMOs, but because of my age and certain physical limits brought on by age I can no longer use a keyboard and mouse for game navigation and must use a controller. It is impossible for me to accomplish the Glide function with a controller as I lose sight of my target. As a result I am at a complete stoppage in the main story quest. Because of this I am quieting the game and have already deleted it from my PC. Shame I was enjoying it up to this point. To NCSoft; If you are going to incorporate something (controller support) into your games please take the time and effort to do it right. If you cannot do that then don't do it at all.

I am at the same quest than the op and i am close to do the same thing you did two years ago.

It seems NCSoft did not learn their lesson... 

• 2 months later...

If you stuck on this wait til you have to wall run to get somewhere...lol.

Seriously though...I'm well known for my poor in-game parkour skills and I've managed to level 5 toons to 55 with no issues...so I'm awestruck by your inability to do so, and the tenacity by which you judge a game for your own failings.

Archived