Forums

We ask for lower cash shop prices, NCSoft raises them.

Cetra

Skill tabs went from 1200 to 800, which is why I've already bought one, and am thinking of buying another.   They didn't raise prices, they just added more expensive items.   Those new items will probably go on sale or be reduced in price at some point, so the high prices of new items only affects the impatient.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When people say it isnt that high, I think most of them dont have the collector mindset.  Which is a valid way of looking at it.  They likely just want one or two outfits.  I tend to be like that.

My friends are collectors.  Im willing to buy outfits for them, and they get it for themselves- when priced reasonably.  I think they would want me buying 100outfits at 10 dollars each, then just 1 or two outfits.. ever.   

Most outfit hoarders only wear something  a few times a year. Hoarders are the money makers.  But, just because they want all the outfits doesnt mean they are going to buy them at any price.

2 minutes ago, Bezerko said:

I'm pretty sure the prices haven't changed since the closed betas.

Then you didn't look hard enough.  Watch this video from CBT2.  Costumes start at 3:00.  The prices are actually a little lower I think in live than they were in CBT.

That's all fine and dandy but you're still ignoring the point of my post, the feedback in regards to these prices was negative.  This post isn't about how hard I stared at the screen in beta, nor is it about wasting time pulling up youtube videos to prove someone wrong.  Point of the post is that costumes are too expensive and they're getting more expensive.  Rather than addressing that you're more concerned with being right about what something cost during beta then the issue at hand?  Also, NCoin was refunded during Beta so what people were ok with spending then doesn't represent what they're ok with now that money is real.

1 minute ago, Cetra said:

Well I completely understand your opinion and it is fine for some people.  But why is it that people who can afford to throw 20 and 30 dollars into the wind are the only people who get to enjoy such things?  To be fair, I bought a Master Pack and have spent over 200$ in NCoin since launch myself.  I make a lot of money and I can afford these things too but that's beside the point.  Just because I can afford it doesn't make it reasonable or fair to others.  I have money because I don't 'waste' it often, regardless of how much my salary is that doesn't mean I'm going to allow a game company take advantage of me.  People's salaries don't magically make items worth more money, you know?  BDO I don't care about, I won't be playing it as I'm quite certain that game is doomed.  B&S is the last MMO for me for years to come, I'm a bit tired of the genre.

I agree. f2p cash shops are always priced high. its not just this game but in almost every games. many popular games are like that. IM just saying that the price is normal or some are lower if compared to other games.

It sucks though, we cant do anything about it.

1 minute ago, Dowra said:

When people say it isnt that high, I think most of them dont have the collector mindset.  Which is a valid way of looking at it.  They likely just want one or two outfits.  I tend to be like that.

My friends are collectors.  Im willing to buy outfits for them, and they get it for themselves- when priced reasonably.  I think they would want me buying 100outfits at 10 dollars each, then just 1 or two outfits.. ever.   

Most outfit hoarders only wear something  a few times a year. Hoarders are the money makers.  But, just because they want all the outfits doesnt mean they are going to buy them at any price.

My thoughts exactly, and NCSoft makes more money catering to those people.

1 minute ago, 882260_1452550489 said:

Might be off topic but its NOT FREE, sooner or later it will be taken off the website.  To use 1 of the most basic functions in the game you need to spend real money.  I wouldn't mind buying costumes and such but the amount of restrictions placed on BnS is ridiculous.  Also this 1 time use of Wep skins is just absurd... either way only thing I would really spend money on is more character slots and inventory expansion after that they ain't gonna get any more of my money since I plan to splurge on Black Desert and new gpus when pascal comes and the i7-6950x.

Not really my loss but more along NCsofts loss.

I will agree with you as soon as it will be take off the website. Until then, this confusion is just another negative thing about this game and ncsoft. Mail is pay to use, there are only 2 character slots, outfits are character bound, etc. I am not going to spend any money on this game at all.

1 minute ago, YuriScarlet said:

I agree. f2p cash shops are always priced high. its not just this game but in almost every games. many popular games are like that. IM just saying that the price is normal or some are lower if compared to other games.

It sucks though, we cant do anything about it.

Well we can, by not buying the items.  I won't be, I'll spend my NCoin when the price make sense as I'm sure you and most others will.  But I hear ya :)

game is 4 years to late.  Not a lot of people who are going to sink money on something this old.  If this woudve come out a few years ago it may have retained more people. THe fact that it is the same tired mmo with soul caliber arena , just doesn't cut it in 2016.

Just now, Solareus said:

game is 4 years to late.  Not a lot of people who are going to sink money on something this old.  If this woudve come out a few years ago it may have retained more people. THe fact that it is the same tired mmo with soul caliber arena , just doesn't cut it in 2016.

Not like anything worthy is coming out soon. And don't mention BD, I played enough of that crap on the russian server to know what sort of a joke that game is.

Just now, Inuro said:

Not like anything worthy is coming out soon. And don't mention BD, I played enough of that crap on the russian server to know what sort of a joke that game is.

Blessed , Gloria Victus , Crowfall , Camelot unchained ... just off the top of my head.

13 minutes ago, Cetra said:

That's all fine and dandy but you're still ignoring the point of my post, the feedback in regards to these prices was negative.  This post isn't about how hard I stared at the screen in beta, nor is it about wasting time pulling up youtube videos to prove someone wrong.  Point of the post is that costumes are too expensive and they're getting more expensive.  Rather than addressing that you're more concerned with being right about what something cost during beta then the issue at hand?  Also, NCoin was refunded during Beta so what people were ok with spending then doesn't represent what they're ok with now that money is real.

Then you should change the title of the thread that says "We ask for lower cash shop prices, NCSoft raises them" .  The video I posted clearly shows this is not the case.

Edit:  Maybe "We ask for lower cash shop prices, NCSoft ignores us."  I can certainly agree with that.

3 minutes ago, Solareus said:

Blessed , Gloria Victus , Crowfall , Camelot unchained ... just off the top of my head.

those are new games in korea. expect a couple of years for it to be published. MXM looks promising though, and its been announced that its coming soon.

7 minutes ago, Bezerko said:

Then you should change the title of the thread that says "We ask for lower cash shop prices, NCSoft raises them" .  The video I posted clearly shows this is not the case.

Edit:  Maybe "We ask for lower cash shop prices, NCSoft ignores us."  I can certainly agree with that.

Because this post isn't about you and dancing around grammar, you and I both know the issue at hand and that's what matters.  I didn't post this to argue with you about it, though I don't necessarily disagree with what you said.  99% players aren't aware of the Beta prices anyway.

6 minutes ago, CycLee said:

NC actually lowered the prices. The autumn leaves were 2,000 Ncoin in CBT and is now at 1,400.

Screenshot?  I def don't remember any costumes at that price.  That thing is hideous, why on earth would it cost more to look like that.

1 minute ago, Hypatios said:

An example Vindictus has for a face adjustment, hair style, tattoo/scar and underarmor alteration = $21-27 USD for permanency, that is 4 items and yet NCSoft is trying to milk the cow until kicks them in the face $20 for ONE item? 

Vindictus is still around?

5 minutes ago, KyoTanaka said:

Vindictus is still around?

lol...im sorry but vindictus is much more expensive. best statted costume is around 30 dollars (yes its pay to win) and ITS ONLY FOR ONE CHARACTER.  not you kyoTANAKA but the person you commented. NCsoft not really milking that much if you put the costume into your equation. and lol under armor is not even that important. noone can see it unless you talk significant damage and your armor is broken.

edit: meant it to be for @Hypatios

I'm a costume hoarder and having the prices so high turns me away from this game especially now the newer ones are more expensive. Collecting costumes is end game for me and, unfortunately, I don't see this happening in BnS.  I'll admit that I did buy a costume, but I regret it  especially since it's not account bound; of course this mistake will not happen again if the current prices remain the same. NC should make the costumes account bound at least.  

I would have loved to spend more money on this game in the future but I don't think that will happen. These virtual costumes are more expensive than a t-shirt at Walmart D:

1 hour ago, 882260_1452550489 said:

You need to spend money to use Mail system ingame.

And that absolutely fr**king lame. ( and very dumb )

On the topic

But yeah, personaly, since they totaly abuse with the price, i dont give them money.

i'am not a cash cow. So my money is spend for other games that dont treat me like an idiot.

As I maintained in the betas, the current outfit prices are not acceptable - unless the costumes were changed to be account-wide.

We need to stick to our guns and withhold money as much as possible to force a change in pricing.

Archived