1/29 Crash RAZER \ NON RAZER 4049 Error FIX

Snoopswoggle

Worked all day yesterday on identifying problem. After reading through forums and testing my own rig.......

I'd also like to remind everyone that third party programs do cause a big error with GameGuard. Any anti-virus or firewalls you may have installed could be effecting your ability to log in. Please disable them before attempting any fixes.

IF YOU ARE RECEIVING A 4049 ERROR MESSAGE AT LOGIN..

If you had previously changed your My Documents\BnS\ClientConfiguration.xml file to a 'y' value, let's change it to a 'n' value and restart your computer.

• To do this, first navigate to “MyDocuments\BnS\NCWEST”
  • Once in the NCWEST folder you should see the ClientConfiguration
  • Right click the ClientConfiguration file and select Edit
  • After selecting Edit you need to locate the following line <option name='use-chroma-keyboard' value='y'/>
  • Change the value from Y to N and then Save and Close

Try logging into Blade and Soul now after you restart your computer.

EASIEST SOLUTION: STEP 1 (Razer Chroma Users)

Control Panel > Programs and Features > Razer Chroma SDK Core Components > Uninstall

I would suggest keeping GameScanner Service disabled but you can run Razer Synapse now with no issues.

GameScanner Service did nothing but drop my FPS.

If you have already deleted your Razer Synapse - http://drivers.razersupport.com/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=view&_m=downloads&_a=view

Go re-download your Synapse and install. EDIT: Also, I suggest after you completely uninstall Synapse and reinstall, open your Synapse and make sure you update it. After doing so, head over to the Chroma Apps tab, navigate to the games tab, right click the client.exe and disable this. Move back over to the settings tab, click disable for Chroma Apps and close Synapse. Once it is finished, revert to step 1.

If you haven't already done so I also suggest you clear out your GameGuard folder and run the repair. Your GameGuard folder can be located inside C:\Program Files (x86)\NCSOFT\BnS\bin\GameGuard.  (This also applies to people not using Razer hardware. Highly suggested.)

DO NOT disable any services aside from the Razer GameScanner Service, as it is unnecessary.

After you've finished you can restart your computer (you don't have to) open up Blade and Soul, login and play without having to deal with anymore crashes for the time being.

PLEASE post only helpful information, I don't want/need to hear your complaints. Thanks in advance and I hope this is helpful.

Update 2: I have also read around that people that do NOT have any Razer equipment and are having crashing issues have fixed some of these problems by installing razer synapse. If you are still getting crashes and want to install Synapse on your computer and follow the steps I've stated above to let us know if it works, please comment with your results, thanks!

I have also been running the game since yesterday with absolutely no crashes at all and getting full frame rates on high graphics. I've tested running to field bosses, cross-server dungeons, pvp arena, and even reports from friends doing 24 man dungeons.

6 minutes ago, Ozell said:

nope... started loading the gameguard but once done it crashed again I thought I had it for a second

I would run the repair on both the game client and the GameGuard client to make sure your file integrity is 100%. If you've already done that, you may want to do a uninstall of Blade and Soul, restart your PC, and redownload.

Do you guys have chroma equipment?

If so, if you'd like to help test something out, then please do the following:

Uninstall blade and soul from your programs and features. After you've done this, go into your program files (x86) and delete your NCSOFT and NCWEST folders, restart your computer and reinstall blade and soul.

Launch blade and soul and then tell me what happens.

Ill tell you what, I've done everything you can think of, I have a razer chroma ultimate blackwidow, and naga 2014. Anyway I have completely uninstalled everything to do with razer and blade and soul and deleted all traces of all of it on my PC. Next I reinstalled Blade and soul and downloaded it and then launched it (still have my razer gear plugged in, but no razer software, since i uninstalled and deleted everything razer related). the launcher sat on 0/85 bytes like it always does, then the Dragon symbol popped like it's supposed too. However then the infamous crash error popped up, and the Blade and Soul dragon sat on my desktop and never closed. until restarting my pc.

Ok now before that, I had the Razer services disabled like we were all told to do before this latest patch and when I played the game now, this same thing would happen.. it was only when I got on the forum and saw that someone said they fixed this razer issue, and that we are supposed to re-enable the razer services for the game not to crash on launch that I figured it out.. Ok so I re-enabled razers services and *CHEERS* the game didn't crash on launch, I got into game and played for about 15 minutes.. then the game crashed like it did previous patch when having razer services enabled... So in conclusion If you enable Razer crap your game works for 10-15 minutes then crashes.. if you disable them the game crashes on Launch 

Ok, now that you have all your services re-enabled, go ahead and redownload razer synapse 2.0 and make sure to remove your previous version installed unless you don't have synapse installed anymore then just install it.

Open synapse. Make sure it's up to date. Go to chroma apps tab > games > right click client.exe and disable. Then on the same chroma tab go to settings and turn chroma app off.

Just to make sure everything is still launching alright before we fix it 100%, launch blade and soul and make sure you can get past the login crash that everyone seems to be having. Once confirmed.....

Go to programs and features. Uninstall razer chroma SDK Core components. Disable your Razer GameScanner Service.

Archived