Forums

Gold Spam STILL Flooding Chat

Helbane

15 hours ago, Hime said:

The spam is happening in waves as you can see. We get all of them and then they come back with new accounts. We've been banning the ones you see in game as well as getting them before they reach the game. As you can see, many still make it in. Spam is one of our top priorities right now and we're working with our devs to implement various tactics to combat it along with increasing the block list count.

During 2 days I've seen the same bot spamming in the dungeon lobby. Same name, same message.

The devs are working on solutions, but raising the level cap doesn't help because it just means bots farm a few quests and it's done.

And since there are so many of them, there's no end to the spam.

Like others said one way could be to ban users from the chat if they spam too much in a short time or spam more than 3 times the same message. With a progression in the ban duration : 20min, 1h, 10h etc.

Something along those lines could work because every single goldspammer just spam over and over the same message.

I remember Guild Wars 2 has something similar, even Guild Wars 1. There's still a few goldspam messages but it's not a lot.

Hell, even Blizzard can't completely get rid of them, but a way to reduce the amount of same messages spammed would help greatly, chats like faction or LFG are dead because of that. It used to be nice back in headstart.

Lmao... I end up blocking like 10-15 bots a day, then unblock them (since they're banned) the next day, and then block 10-15 more, and rinse and repeat. This is getting old, something's gotta be able to be done about this nonsense...

20 hours ago, Hime said:

The spam is happening in waves as you can see. We get all of them and then they come back with new accounts. We've been banning the ones you see in game as well as getting them before they reach the game. As you can see, many still make it in. Spam is one of our top priorities right now and we're working with our devs to implement various tactics to combat it along with increasing the block list count.

Captcha?

On 31/01/2016 at 11:25 AM, Kounat said:

Lmao... I end up blocking like 10-15 bots a day, then unblock them (since they're banned) the next day, and then block 10-15 more, and rinse and repeat. This is getting old, something's gotta be able to be done about this nonsense...

then get to cap finally, be outbid on everything or master looter is changed just before end boss and no loot. i have 100% faith in the dev team to fix the problems of this game before people are leaving faster than chat is being spammed LOL

yo. Why not make an item for every area we have to equip for using massive chat? the items is something the main quest distribute during the story.

example: wanna spambot in viridian cost? ok, at level 10 , during a quest (yellow, violet) you receive an item what permit you to use faction and region chat. So you can spam only guys in viridian coast. In cinder the same thing, Moonwater the same.

If you want to shout in all the damn regions you have to purchase/craft/achieve an incredible item not so easy to obtain.

It's easy for a normal player to obtain all that thing during the normal story, not so easy for bots or superunner humans who have to actually play the game for each bot they want to create.

B

4 minutes ago, PraiseDasSun said:

How about we just add a captcha to make new accounts or something along the lines of that?

That might work. 

It was doing really well with the bot spam... but now its back again. I try to report as many bots as I can if I see them, but it seems a bit endless. 

At least now it's done to a few bots, but really just them spamming continuously. 

FFXIV way to combat gold spammer:

I4UdBFN.jpg

Do you notice the 200 characters cap? I played this game for a while and never once I maxed the block list.

The chat this morning:

hBh4ZQR.jpg

and being region locked, B2P, extremely optimized, no wonder why this game has gathered enough loyal players to slowly chip away from WoW subscriptions.

Let's compare this to Poharan:

5ruuutV.jpg

KieWFyq.png

Add that to the fact that FFXIV doesn't have the stupid invasive and utterly broken abysmal program called the Game Guard.

Blade and Soul? more like Blade and Bots. This has happened in every regions and the lack of preparation they did to combat this in NA is just ridiculous and pathetic. 

Idea 1:

I like the idea of that previous guy who posted about every message costing money. Since you progressively get more money from quests every next act you can make the cost for certain chats increase according to a similar formula like they use to calculate how much money a player receives from a quest.

For example:

Act 1 Viridian Coast = faction/region chat costs 1 or 2 copper per message

Act 2 The Cinderlands = faction/region chat costs 15 copper per message

Act 3 Moonwater Plains = faction/region chat costs 50 copper per message

In a similar way Black Desert Online CBT1 did, you had this energy system where you get 1 energy every 3 min online ingame and 1 message costs initially 1 energy, but if you type too fast too many messages the energy cost increased dramatically, at one point I tested that and I used up almost all of my energy typing 5 sentences in quick succession. And I had lots of energy haha.

Blade and Soul can maybe adapt a similar concept, pay in some form for chatting so that it doesnt punish the regular ppl who say once in a while a couple of times something and punishes hard the ones that spam a lot of messages.

Idea 2:

Also implement a chat restriction where you can say every x amount of seconds something in faction/region chat.

For example: you can type every 15 seconds a new message in faction and region chat.

This should work wonders. It should make it harder for the bots and wont hit the regular players as hard as it will hit the real spammers.

First day Blade&Soul came out i realized the Gold Seller spam, since the first second i saw that i created a new Chat Tab that have no Region no Faction. Only Party Clan and the Normal. Never i talked in Region or Faction cause honestly it's just annoying.

Also i liked that idea of the energy system they should really think about that.

Archived