Jump to content
Forums

Frustrating PvP & KFM is horrid to play


Recommended Posts

Anyone else find PvP utterly frustrating?  The amount of CC is just mind-boggling and frustrating.  You can literally be repeatedly chain CC'd by literally every class.  There are no diminishing returns, people can stun-lock you to death.  This is a MASSIVE problem, people will get frustrated and stop playing, getting repeatedly knocked up/down like a ping-pong ball is NOT fun.

 

There is also a massive disparity between classes for example KFM is just frustratingly difficult to play with people saying don't PvP on KFM until your level 45.  WHY? I can PvP on every single other class I'm levelling why not KFM?  KFM needs to be toned down so it's actually playable and usable for things like PvP when levelling.  IF you go into PvP on KFM at low levels 20+ then you will get straight up murdered.  It's such a frustrating class to play, I'm surprised anyone plays it at high level when you can do better with every other class.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

You know you do have tab, right?

 

Also the reason they tell you to wait is that lvl 20s can vs lvl 45s (that have all their skills and points).  Being that KFM is a backloaded class it would behoove you to wait and just level. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I can PvP at lower levels on every other class, it's a game mode I enjoy and it breaks up the PvE.  You should be able to do the same on KFM.  You should not have to wait till your level 45 just to compete.

 

Oh and you don't just spam TAB from the outset, you have a change to use  it ONCE otherwise you will get stun-locked/chain CC'ed to your doom

Edited by Osmosis
Link to post
Share on other sites

who says don't pvp as KFM until 45? before I got to 45 I had gotten a 10 win streak against other players. You just need to set your skill for pvp and not keep what skills you had when you're questing. Meaning you need to get the upgrade skills with CC's and escapes and those that gives you resists against status and damage. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, skydevil10 said:

who says don't pvp as KFM until 45? before I got to 45 I had gotten a 10 win streak against other players. You just need to set your skill for pvp and not keep what skills you had when you're questing. Meaning you need to get the upgrade skills with CC's and escapes and those that gives you resists against status and damage. 

Literally everyone I was speaking to in faction chat was saying, KFM's aren't viable in PvP until level 45.  That's been re-enforced by me getting my ass handed to me repeatedly :P  yet I can go on my FM and go on win-streaks vs all classes, the disparity is mind boggling.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Osmosis said:

Literally everyone I was speaking to in faction chat was saying, KFM's aren't viable in PvP until level 45.  That's been re-enforced by me getting my ass handed to me repeatedly :P  yet I can go on my FM and go on win-streaks vs all classes, the disparity is mind boggling.

From what I can tell, thats in terms of Open World PVP and most of them probably don't switch up their skills from pve to pvp. in PvP you gotta have all the CC's you can get your hands on after all. I've faced that at some point where I'm just doing faction dailies and I'm faced with abit of a challenge fighting another player. but it all depends on you, as long as you practice.

Link to post
Share on other sites

KFM doesn't need to be dumbed down for low skill level players like you.

 

Also, complaining about arena before lvl 45? Topkek. KFM needs way more skill points to get every cc skill in and unlock their core skills late game compared to other classes. IF it's too hard for you, quit the class and play something easier.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, PsyFu said:

My guildie is platinum and he is only level 40. 

That's gonna bite him the ass I can tell you that much. Once he reaches lvl 45 he's going to have a very hard time when he's matched up against actual lvl 45 plats and gold. I find it very weird that you can still get gold or plat before 45 because it puts you in a very bad situation once you reach 45. Its quite easy getting platinum before 45 cause you're matched up against those who possibly could have worse gear than you or unskilled since there are numerous players around your lvl at that point. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, skydevil10 said:

From what I can tell, thats in terms of Open World PVP and most of them probably don't switch up their skills from pve to pvp. in PvP you gotta have all the CC's you can get your hands on after all. I've faced that at some point where I'm just doing faction dailies and I'm faced with abit of a challenge fighting another player. but it all depends on you, as long as you practice.

This was not open world PvP it was arena, and these guys were between gold-plat and KFM's so, I was taking there word for it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Hoopla said:

KFM doesn't need to be dumbed down for low skill level players like you.

 

Also, complaining about arena before lvl 45? Topkek. KFM needs way more skill points to get every cc skill in and unlock their core skills late game compared to other classes. IF it's too hard for you, quit the class and play something easier.

But this is my point.  Most people will pick up KFM, like the playstyle, enter PvP at lower levels like they do on EVERY other class and get destroyed.  They will never get their KFM to end-game because they will be discouraged by trying to PvP.  That's the issue.  You can experience PvP on every other class at low levels, but you can't on KFM? Bull-crap.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Osmosis said:

But this is my point.  Most people will pick up KFM, like the playstyle, enter PvP at lower levels like they do on EVERY other class and get destroyed.  They will never get their KFM to end-game because they will be discouraged by trying to PvP.  That's the issue.  You can experience PvP on every other class at low levels, but you can't on KFM? Bull-crap.

The class isn't meant to be played at PvP in lower levels. If you don't like it, switch. There are already enough horrible KFMs as it is

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Osmosis said:

I can PvP at lower levels on every other class, it's a game mode I enjoy and it breaks up the PvE.  You should be able to do the same on KFM.  You should not have to wait till your level 45 just to compete.

 

Oh and you don't just spam TAB from the outset, you have a change to use  it ONCE otherwise you will get stun-locked/chain CC'ed to your doom

 

Not all classes are equal at all levels - KFM needs the points in talents to compete.

 

As others have said - get a few more levels under your belt and things will start to flow easier in the arena for your KFM.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Most probably pvp will never get that "perfect" balance. But yeah, there are lots of ups and downs of classes, which means to be. What will be the difference if all classes had the same +'s and -'s? And the fact is, pvping before hitting 45 cap with some characters are hard, like kfm. Palm is your bread and butter dps in most cases, and I think  kfm is more skillpoint dependent to be useful in pvp then some other classes. Rather then complaining, do 100-200 matches and you'll see that you'll start to get used to play kfm. I've had 500 matches in pvp with my kfm in cbt. I was like 30-50? 40-70 W/L ratio? Then I get used to it and I balanced it somehow! So keep leveling, keep leveling, and you'll see youre making progress.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lilynetto said:

Most probably pvp will never get that "perfect" balance. But yeah, there are lots of ups and downs of classes, which means to be. What will be the difference if all classes had the same +'s and -'s? And the fact is, pvping before hitting 45 cap with some characters are hard, like kfm. Palm is your bread and butter dps in most cases, and I think  kfm is more skillpoint dependent to be useful in pvp then some other classes. Rather then complaining, do 100-200 matches and you'll see that you'll start to get used to play kfm. I've had 500 matches in pvp with my kfm in cbt. I was like 30-50? 40-70 W/L ratio? Then I get used to it and I balanced it somehow! So keep leveling, keep leveling, and you'll see youre making progress.

 

Thanks for a sensible and encouraging response, it just extremely frustrating at times.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like they should disable Arena till 30 (which is when you get your first arena dailies).

Because this tend to happen A LOT. I played every class till about 40ish and I'll tell you that KFM is one of the easiest classes to climb with.

Why? because all you need is 2 stuns and ankle kick. Don't even worry about 3rf. If you took the time to actually learn the class and what your skills do, you would know this.

Now about the CC, It sounds like you're pressing tab on the first stun that hits you and you're getting punished for it. Arena is all about mind-games, and skill. The classes are pretty balanced atm. Not perfect, but its decent. Will be even more balanced when we get the next skill patch + HM skills. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Osmosis said:

Thanks for a sensible and encouraging response, it just extremely frustrating at times.

Probably KFM is much more challenging because rather then the mechanic but the patience and the work you have to put into. In pvp I mostly cant keep my temper, so I listen music that makes me focus and relax while fighting. It helps a lot! Sadly most of the ppl stops playing KFM because they dont have such patience to get good in it.

And you're welcome, with pleasure!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

LMAO this is a funny thread. But good points. Yes "Z" and tab with counter are a KFM's friend in early lvl pvp it is just a hard class to master. As becoming a KFM actually is. But also once mastered is a MONSTER very hard to beat. KFM is worth the time to be good at and in my mind can hang with any class. It's COMPLETELY about timing knowing when to go all out or back out and use the KFM's tools appropriately. You can't button mash a KFM. You actually need to plan your skills and chains. But with BIG pay offs. Stick with it kid don't be so angry it's just a super fun game ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/30/2016 at 7:29 PM, Osmosis said:

Literally everyone I was speaking to in faction chat was saying, KFM's aren't viable in PvP until level 45.  That's been re-enforced by me getting my ass handed to me repeatedly :P  yet I can go on my FM and go on win-streaks vs all classes, the disparity is mind boggling.

Lol try going on a winstreak with a FM on higher ranks.

Edited by kuro1n
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...