Forums

Bidding. If you are dumb I'll take your gold.

Sylvaeril

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this thing has 2 sides really...

back when i was doing blackram for my blight weapon, i had another blademaster on the group when the sword dropped and this person was the usual Y spam type who would just instaly oudbid me, so i slapped 80s bid and he spamoudbid it as usual (80s is quite a bit at that point anyway.) I even thanked him for the money after the auction was over and yet i got called things i'd rather not repeat here.

What gives? i was ready to put that 80s on that weapon and he wasnt, yet he just spammed to oudbid me and got the weapon he wanted.

it's not my fault that people cant use a system that works perfectly fine for what it is, if you take your time to use it as intended.

1 minute ago, Mugi said:

this thing has 2 sides really...

back when i was doing blackram for my blight weapon, i had another blademaster on the group when the sword dropped and this person was the usual Y spam type who would just instaly oudbid me, so i slapped 80s bid and he spamoudbid it as usual (80s is quite a bit at that point anyway.) I even thanked him for the money after the auction was over and yet i got called things i'd rather not repeat here.

What gives? i was ready to put that 80s on that weapon and he wasnt, yet he just spammed to oudbid me and got the weapon he wanted.

it's not my fault that people cant use a system that works perfectly fine for what it is, if you take your time to use it as intended.

Agreed, now my problem is with those who do similar to what i do and put large amounts on an item, and when noone outbids them they leave. That's just BM

1 minute ago, Sylvaeril said:

Agreed, now my problem is with those who do similar to what i do and put large amounts on an item, and when noone outbids them they leave. That's just BM

definitely agree. IF you bid, you should be ready to pay your bid. this whole spamming and then complaining about "losing money" and "getting ripped off" was your own fault.

15 minutes ago, Sylvaeril said:

Read the thread, I don't do that, if they don't get tricked I'll pay up because I never bid on an item I do not want.

Your morals and ethics keep you from running out on your tab but not from posting here bragging about it. I've yet to see 1 person who bids up a gold or half a gold stay when no fish takes his bait. As a rule I only bid when its at 1-2 secs so its not problem but I'm getting sick of seeing the scammers leave group instead of paying the tab they rang up. I like the bid system because I make every one pay something so I make a little but I don't jack it up to ridiculous prices and run away.

There is a website that allows you to look up people. Make use of it and do not run with people stupid enough to declare they are doing this.

Honestly, what kind of idiot announces this crap to the whole world?

I don't care what people like him do, they quickly end up in my list of blocked players and I can move on with my life. I don't spam Y anyway because unlike the asian versions, NA player base is just not trustworthy. In TW people passed quickly, bid quickly, all to move on with their lives as they just wanted to get their item or the end-boss loot or the daily reward. Nobody had time for stupid games.  NA? Every other party has trolls.  At least it's amusing if you are smart enough to stand back and watch.

Lesson: Don't trust strangers.

LOL

2 minutes ago, Rhazes said:

Your morals and ethics keep you from running out on your tab but not from posting here bragging about it. I've yet to see 1 person who bids up a gold or half a gold stay when no fish takes his bait. As a rule I only bid when its at 1-2 secs so its not problem but I'm getting sick of seeing the scammers leave group instead of paying the tab they rang up. I like the bid system because I make every one pay something so I make a little but I don't jack it up to ridiculous prices and run away.

and your personal opinion of his is correct, because you say so ?

i actually do the same as he does, i only ever coinbait spammers on items i actually want, and if i end up winning it, i'll take the item.

just because you've seen scammers or whatever you wanna call them, doesnt mean everyone is doing it.

6 minutes ago, Mugi said:

and your personal opinion of his is correct, because you say so ?

i actually do the same as he does, i only ever coinbait spammers on items i actually want, and if i end up winning it, i'll take the item.

just because you've seen scammers or whatever you wanna call them, doesnt mean everyone is doing it.

Exactly. If I have no interest on the item, I wont even drop 1 copper on it because inventory space is limited. So if I have no use, what's the point other than throwing away money? I'm not just there to take money from yspammers. I'm there to get stuff too, now it's great if someone does outbid my high bid, but if not, i bid it and i will pay it.

What on earth is the point of this thread and who at level 45 at least would miss 2 gold O.O 

OHHHHH you're level 43 that makes more sense gotcha bud yeah that decent coin for people not 45 I was like the heck is this guy on about if i lose 2 of my 280ish gold id not even care lol but yeah haha 

5 hours ago, Mekusa said:

That's alright as long as you accept the outcome of doing this, but most that do this don't. Most of the time when someone calls people that do this on their crap they bail so they don't have to pay the 2g.

honestly im with you as long as the person raising the bid to try and profit off it - as was kind of the intention so that the group would get something out of the run even if they didnt get the stuff they were after - holds to their bid and pays out when they get bit by their own tactic yes its completely fair - they should patch the leaving to dodge it bit thats dirty but if the one baiting the bid higher owns it when it bites him/her then i call that fair as they owned up to what happened - those that leave yes they are scum sure but if you stay and eat your losses then ill happily play - after all i know better then to mindlessly spam Y = the system REQUIRES  you to pay attention if you dont it is entirely your own fault sorry to say but its called by either or both of 2 names one is "personal accountability" the other is "responsibility" if the one baiting the bid is willing to own it when they get bit then you have absolutely no reasonable right to complain "because i wasnt paying attention!!" - its called tough luck friend simple fact is this is a tactic - not a specifically nice one but if they are willing to eat their own loss if it happens then its still more or less fair, as i said yes the ones leaving and avoiding their own bids are scum sure that should get patched absolutely but if you bait the bids and have to eat it as a result and willingly do so then fair game in my book sorry to say but thats my honest opinion - also yeah yeah i know grammar and punctuation - i just dont feel like it and this turned out way longer then originally intended lol

35 minutes ago, Dymyrn said:

What on earth is the point of this thread and who at level 45 at least would miss 2 gold O.O 

OHHHHH you're level 43 that makes more sense gotcha bud yeah that decent coin for people not 45 I was like the heck is this guy on about if i lose 2 of my 280ish gold id not even care lol but yeah haha 

Ya, I'm only 43 almost 44 right now... but how'd you know that?

2 minutes ago, Sylvaeril said:

What level are you?

Right now I do dailies, farm some stuff and sell it.

I'm level 45, I do all the dailies from Lakeside cache until Blackram Supply Chain, and i only get 1g per day selling the stuff i got there (but now my market is bugged kek.)

8 hours ago, Sylvaeril said:

Call me what you want. But if I see you matching and out bidding everything instantly I'll put up 2 gold and laugh as you raise it.

You need to pay attention to what the last bid was before you bid. It's not an exploit or a cheat. It's just another way to make money if you insist on getting in a bidding war.

go ahead and put 2 gold so I can bid and then withdraw my bid though, thanks.

Archived