Bidding. If you are dumb I'll take your gold.

Sylvaeril

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Sylvaeril said:

Call me what you want. But if I see you matching and out bidding everything instantly I'll put up 2 gold and laugh as you raise it.

You need to pay attention to what the last bid was before you bid. It's not an exploit or a cheat. It's just another way to make money if you insist on getting in a bidding war.

wow youre so cool guy

What they need to do to stop this bullshit baiting is make any bid final whether they leave the instance/zone/pt or not.  Whatever their bid it stays and counts, so if they want to troll and risk bidding 10G on crap and the others dont fall for it, then they will still have to pay their 10G even if they disconnect.  I dont know why any bids are not final, and the bidder can retract their crap if they happen to not succeed in trolling and just leave the damn zone.

7 minutes ago, SongNhi said:

What they need to do to stop this bullshit baiting is make any bid final whether they leave the instance/zone/pt or not.  Whatever their bid it stays and counts, so if they want to troll and risk bidding 10G on crap and the others dont fall for it, then they will still have to pay their 10G even if they disconnect.  I dont know why any bids are not final, and the bidder can retract their crap if they happen to not succeed in trolling and just leave the damn zone.

I totally agree, That is just plain wrong. I've bid 1 gold before doing my tactic and noone took it, so i just paid the 1 gold. I never do it on items i don't already want. I only do it on items i want and that has a bidding war going on.

34 minutes ago, Sylvaeril said:

That is not the same thing. It's more like when you want to buy a candy bar and before looking at the price you swipe your plastic because you're too busy texting the y button.

Then after the purchase is made, you realize you didn't look at how much it was and you bought it for way more than you thought. That is your fault, ignorance, not the merchant.

That's not the same thing either.

1 minute ago, skydevil10 said:

Although I don't agree with your way of thinking, it is true that people should be wary of what they bid. Though just because you can doesn't mean you should, you're just as guilty as the ones who bid without looking.

I never said I'm doing the nicest thing, however at the same time, it's not against the rules. Also calling me every name under the sun and hoping I die is an irrelevant and completely overblown response to talking openly about a strategy in a video game.

Heck sometimes I purposely bid rapidly to catch some bidders like Sylvaeril and reap the benefits, they usually learn their lesson halfway through the run.  Coming from other mmo's I have played I have learned to deal with the lowest common denominator of people in a fashion that almost shames them into learning their lesson.  It also helps to know the relative value of an item being bid on (if it can be sold) and then playing bidders such as sylvaeril like a fiddle.

(Anyone familiar with swtor's gf?)   Needless to say I gave that game up a long time ago.

Always two sides to the coin. :)

Just now, Sylvaeril said:

I never said I'm doing the nicest thing, however at the same time, it's not against the rules. Also calling me every name under the sun and hoping I die is an irrelevant and completely overblown response to talking openly about a strategy in a video game.

...are there some hidden texts on my post that I don't know about? When did I call you names and said I hoped you die? I don't believe Guilty would be considered an Insult, as I am saying those who bidded without looking are guilty too.

but you're right, its not against the rules, its an exploit. I suppose it would be compared to conning a person. I'm not sure what you were expecting when you posted this on a public forum. You said yourself that you know its not the nicest thing ever, so it shouldn't come as a surprise you're getting such negative aggression from this.

3 hours ago, Sylvaeril said:

Call me what you want. But if I see you matching and out bidding everything instantly I'll put up 2 gold and laugh as you raise it.

You need to pay attention to what the last bid was before you bid. It's not an exploit or a cheat. It's just another way to make money if you insist on getting in a bidding war.

Why would you intentionally up the amount in a bidding war if you have no intentions for that item?  Anyway, I do bid quite a bit and get into these 2-3 copper at a time bids, sometimes I will bid up to a silver or 2 just because I want the item(s) so badly.  But yes by all means, up the items to 2-3 gold and then I will stop bidding and let you have it and then I will take your gold..lol   Anyway, why do we have soooo many negative cranky posts on this forum?  Can't we all just get along?  I would rather we enjoy the game and help each other out.  Maybe I am just an old woman here who is the only one who doesn't get all the hostile posts.  

Just now, Gamerchick said:

Why would you intentionally up the amount in a bidding war if you have no intentions for that item?  Anyway, I do bid quite a bit and get into these 2-3 copper at a time bids, sometimes I will up to a silver or 2 just because I want the item(s) so badly.  But yes by all means, up the items to 2-3 gold and then I will stop bidding and let you have it and then I will take your gold..lol   Anyway, why do we have soooo many negative cranky posts on this forum?  Can't we all just get along?  I would rather we enjoy the game and help each other out.  Maybe I am just an old woman here who is the only one who doesn't get all the hostile posts.  

I was simply posting my side of it because I've heard others referring to it today so i figured it's good to get the other side. The reason there are a lot of hostile posts here, is because likely most of them have been spamming y and all of a sudden been out 1 gold

Had some annoying little twerp do this while we were bidding on an item. Everyone was paying attention so we stopped bidding when they raised the bid to over 2 gold. They left the party(as they didn't want to pay the price) and we had to do it all over again.

Annoying and rude as hell.

Me think we should all scam him at some point teach him a valuable lesson. He does like valuable lessons, does he not? At any rate we can just abuse and ridicule him endlessly, or maybe just report him so much he gets banned. Then all that god he stole from people is gone and he loses all his money, and time. He probably didn't get it legit anyways his character says a lot. I am pretty sure he is some one that abuses the tp hack to move faster. :3

Yo dawg i outwitted the dumbest sack of crap around yesterday. There was this lyn that had a giant lollipop, i ran up to him punched him in the face took his lollipop then sold it to some shady bot over in bamboo village. On that day i made 2 copper, easiest 2 copper of my life.

That is literally what you did, your admitting to stuff that can get you banned. And i won't be surprised if you get the hammer, and to be honest i hope you do. It would teach you a valuable lesson, after all you are seeking punishment are you not? why else come to these forums admit to doing something stupid, act like a dick etc, then say something about a lesson which doesn't fit your current character. I hope you find your attention/punishment my friend for your sake. I hope i made you see how stupid you look, i bid you farewell.

14 minutes ago, Sylvaeril said:

I was simply posting my side of it because I've heard others referring to it today so i figured it's good to get the other side. The reason there are a lot of hostile posts here, is because likely most of them have been spamming y and all of a sudden been out 1 gold

Ahhh ok

9 minutes ago, Lilies said:

Had some annoying little twerp do this while we were bidding on an item. Everyone was paying attention so we stopped bidding when they raised the bid to over 2 gold. They left the party(as they didn't want to pay the price) and we had to do it all over again.

Annoying and rude as hell.

That's happened to me, I bid 1 gold and everyone stops so I'm just like "Well ok then." I never bid a copper on any item i don't want. Also I never bid on class upgrade weapons, unless its for my class of course. But otherwise its worthless and just screwed.

14 minutes ago, idisdain said:

Me think we should all scam him at some point teach him a valuable lesson. He does like valuable lessons, does he not? At any rate we can just abuse and ridicule him endlessly, or maybe just report him so much he gets banned. Then all that god he stole from people is gone and he loses all his money, and time. He probably didn't get it legit anyways his character says a lot. I am pretty sure he is some one that abuses the tp hack to move faster. :3

Yo dawg i outwitted the dumbest sack of crap around yesterday. There was this lyn that had a giant lollipop, i ran up to him punched him in the face took his lollipop then sold it to some shady bot over in bamboo village. On that day i made 2 copper, easiest 2 copper of my life.

That is literally what you did, your admitting to stuff that can get you banned. And i won't be surprised if you get the hammer, and to be honest i hope you do. It would teach you a valuable lesson, after all you are seeking punishment are you not? why else come to these forums admit to doing something stupid, act like a dick etc, then say something about a lesson which doesn't fit your current character. I hope you find your attention/punishment my friend for your sake. I hope i made you see how stupid you look, i bid you farewell.

The salt is so strong with this one. Also as far as I read, there is no rule against this. If so please show me and I would cease and desist immediately. It is not my fault if someone bids higher than me, after i raise the bid.

1 minute ago, Sylvaeril said:

The salt is so strong with this one. Also as far as I read, there is no rule against this. If so please show me and I would cease and desist immediately. It is not my fault if someone bids higher than me, after i raise the bid.

I agree with you on that one. The person who made the quote you quoted has a way of thinking likely just as messed up as people believe your way of thinking to be.

8 minutes ago, HalpMeh said:

I agree with you on that one. The person who made the quote you quoted has a way of thinking likely just as messed up as people believe your way of thinking to be.

I disagree that my way of thinking is messed up. I do not claim it is the kindest thing in the world to do Never have. What it is, is a way to 1: teach people a lesson, and 2: get some extra copper/silver depending on circumstances. But again I will never bid on a item i dont want. And that goes doubly for any class upgrade weapons other than my own class of course.

Now what I do claim is that the system allows this, and it is not entirely me to blame for this, as people just spam the y key without looking. And more importantly I am not breaking any rules, and saying that I should be harassed and bugged in game because of my stance on a game mechanic like this, is actually the rule breaker.

I agree with OP. I've Bid on some dumb items before and paid more than I should've. I've also learned to simply bid what you think the item is worth, don't just keep raising it. Plus think about it this way, if OP bids 2 gold and wins it for some dumb item then he gets to keep it for the low price of 2 gold. I don't do this kind of nonsense because I'm not that big of a d*ck, but I also don't get upset when people do.

4 hours ago, SkyNightBiel said:

I Play from Brazil and I have a high ms, the bid system is bugged here and i don't spam. What makes you a scumbag that don't respect the others.

Even if you lag, you can't say someone is a scumbag because of your own bad connection and lack of attention. You have to pay attention if you are bidding on something. It's not disrespectful. There's plenty of time until someone can higher the bid. Use that time gap and pay attention. If you spam bid and get outsmarted by someone it's your own stupidity.

I would do the same as OP.

u_mad__hatsune_miku_by_iteddy_bomb-d53dt

/Edit: I don't believe that your connection is all that bad from Brazil to NA. When I play from EU and connect to NA my 150+ms is enough to do everything just right.

It doesnt matter if you pay attention and wait or not, even if you wait till the last 10 second, if by chance you and some other guy who bids like a few gold just luckily a split second before your click, you've just out bid him on his outrageous amount, even though you only meant to bid a few silver as an example.  This goes without saying, even if you dont spam Y but click Y at the wrong time which coincide with the exploiter's click then you're out of luck, you (and assuming the ass who is also skyrocketing the bids) either leave the pt/zone and lose the item you've been farming ages for or have to pay the gold.

4 minutes ago, SongNhi said:

It doesnt matter if you pay attention and wait or not, even if you wait till the last 10 second, if by chance you and some other guy who bids like a few gold just luckily a split second before your click, you've just out bid him on his outrageous amount, even though you only meant to bid a few silver as an example.  This goes without saying, even if you dont spam Y but click Y at the wrong time which coincide with the exploiter's click then you're out of luck, you (and assuming the ass who is also skyrocketing the bids) either leave the pt/zone and lose the item you've been farming ages for or have to pay the gold.

That's a good point but I never do it unless an active bidding war is going on and usually i just slip it in real quick. and trust me these bidding wars can only be caused by spamming y by 2 or more people. 

If they arent spamming y randomly, i wont do it, because more often then not ill have to pay that price. I know it sounds so terrible if that happens. But the only people I know who do stuff like I do, do so solely during a bidding war. If they bid like 2 gold randomly then likely they really want the item and will probably outbid you.

Archived