Official Response Request - Loot Changes During Combat

Kirzen

NcSoft west cant change that they have to ask Team bloodlust in korea to change it for them that's wny.So instead of making a new thread let's all get 1 thread with like 100 pages then due to overwhelming demand we can have that change to need/greed system.They didn't do that in korea because apparently people don't do things like that over there only in western country.

One, of the few games where the group finder is quick and easily filled and the experience is being ruined by NCSoft allowing toxic players to keep people away from it. This should be something that is hotfixed to save accounts. The unethical players won't quit because it gets changed but players who don't want to be victimized will quit if they keep being robbed in dungeon finder or it starts taking 30+ minutes because no one wants to do it to avoid being robbed.

"We are doing are best to prevent this issue from happening again in the future, and we have already forwarded the issue to the development team."

Well at least they're aware that this is an issue, so now the question becomes "How long do we have to wait for the development team to pull their head out of their *** and give us a solution?" because this problem has a number of easy fixes that could be implemented very quickly. Shutting down master looter for group finder parties would be a very simple work-around until they come up with a better solution. Additionally we need an answer to "Does NCSoft feel this is acceptable behavior and do they plan on punishing players caught pulling this crap?"

Because quite honestly if it was up to me I'd be throwing down the ban-hammer at every possible opportunity for garbage like this. Have the developers stated that we're allowed to fill out tickets with proof and submit them to support for action? Have they commented on whether they will punish players for doing this if they're caught?

There is multiple cross-server dungeon problem atm. You mention 1 but there is also people entering dungeon and staying at entrance and not killing anything.There is  also lower level people just applying so they could get money from bidding and free xp. For asian people it's though to understand because people don't behave like that down there.Everybody is respecting others.That's why those things hasn't been change even though game has been around for years.

4 minutes ago, Keawen said:

There is multiple cross-server dungeon problem atm. You mention 1 but there is also people entering dungeon and staying at entrance and not killing anything.There is  also lower level people just applying so they could get money from bidding and free xp. For asian people it's though to understand because people don't behave like that down there.Everybody is respecting others.That's why those things hasn't been change even though game has been around for years.

Those problems aren't nearly as bad though, when people come into a dungeon and see there's someone in the party 5-10 levels below the rest of the party, they can simply leave and they've wasted at most a couple minutes of their time. If there's someone standing AFK at the start of the dungeon, I personally choose to leave the party before the first mini-boss or just stand there doing nothing until they join the rest of the party.

The point is, those problems can be addressed in game by choosing not to play along with their stupidity.

The issue with master looter being enabled in the last couple % of the final boss' HP is completely different, There is absolutely no way to prevent this behavior or defend yourself against it, you get ****ed over 100% of the time and have absolutely no recourse because they leave the party immediately and go on to the next bunch of victims.

41 minutes ago, Rhazes said:

One, of the few games where the group finder is quick and easily filled and the experience is being ruined by NCSoft allowing toxic players to keep people away from it. This should be something that is hotfixed to save accounts. The unethical players won't quit because it gets changed but players who don't want to be victimized will quit if they keep being robbed in dungeon finder or it starts taking 30+ minutes because no one wants to do it to avoid being robbed.

Personally, the part that torques me off about this is most is that it's been like this for years, and the response from the developers is basically "Meh, we'll think about maybe changing it..."

1 hour ago, Arti said:

so I had to go till the page 15 to find the thread I talked about before, here u go:

Thanks for digging that up Arti, was a long read, but worth going through to get an idea what they're up to :)

4 hours ago, Kirzen said:

Because you do still need to have someone with the power to add more people to party. You could perhaps give the ability to invite more people into the open slots to everyone though?

NO you dont. It's a pug, by default its even on "randoms can join anytime". If you end up small party then just que as a party already or que until you get one. The only use case is that the party leader can start the game, and 100% of the time I've seen that happen earlier then full party I and others left since it was clearly a complete disaster combiantion.

4 hours ago, Fuz said:

Can we do a shame thread WITH PROOF for these people?

NO and sadly this IS one of the issues ..

In EQ you used to have ninja looters from time to time but they got known and we refused groups by the community at large .. NOW the guilty are protected ..

I big shame / people to ignore page WOULD help (though you would need multiple people to verify the actions as otherwise i could be abused)

15 hours ago, Nightbasilisk said:

NO you dont. It's a pug, by default its even on "randoms can join anytime". If you end up small party then just que as a party already or que until you get one. The only use case is that the party leader can start the game, and 100% of the time I've seen that happen earlier then full party I and others left since it was clearly a complete disaster combiantion.

Actually, because the party finder will award leadership to someone else if you DON'T hit the Ready button and the party is half full, you're much better off (at least in the current game climate) to just hit ready, enter the instance half-full and hit the add party members button... preserving your leadership and continuing to fill the party. The wait time is identical and leadership is more assured.

I had someone tried to take group leader off me yesterday, so they could "make sure that no one ninja looted". The moment someone says that you know they are aiming to ninja loot themselves.

I'm lucky to have not experienced this problem yet, but it is indeed something that is just common sense and shouldn't have been allowed to make it possible to change while a fight has started.

I hope we see this fixed sooner rather than later, as it will just continue to be abused and become even worse.

Archived