Forums

Official Response Request - Loot Changes During Combat

Kirzen

I want to know what NCSoft West is doing to address group leaders in the group finder changing the loot setting to Master Looter to ninja all of the boss loot during the last 5% of the boss's life at the end of an instance.

See the screenshot below for the exact behavior I'm talking about. Note that the loot setting was changed mid-combat between the deaths of the Emerald and Azure lords. This is completely unacceptable and we need official response from NCSoft as to what's being done to address this. If NCSoft policy is that this is legitimate behavior and that it won't be punished it will absolutely destroy the group finder.

http://imgur.com/Kl3xuyQ

WHY IS THIS NOT FIXED YET? PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN ABOUT THIS FOR AGES.

I understand that asian culture mindsets are generally what you "should do/should not"

but in the west, its *cricket*ing mindset of what you "can do/cannot"

if they CAN DO IT, they WILL DO IT. I already have 2/10 leaders ninja loot at the last boss in random matchups. 

And once more people get cheated, and nothing happens. THERE WILL BE MORE PEOPLE DOING IT.

PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP. 

Additionally there's no way to kick party members and no punishment for leaving the party. Providing that someone is willing to wait for the entire ONE MINUTE to leave group and reload they can repeatedly queue over and over again until they get party leader, **** their party over and then rinse and repeat.

seen this happen before in some other Asian mmo's that have been brought to the west and yes it just shows the mentallity of some of the wester playerbase.

Although the 'fix' is very easy, Make ANY group put together using the dungeon/party finder have LOCKED loot  for all, problem solved

2 minutes ago, Elvenmad said:

Although the 'fix' is very easy, Make ANY group put together using the dungeon/party finder have LOCKED loot  for all, problem solved

Its even easier than that, you make it so that loot options cannot be changed during combat, and that any alterations to the them must be voted on by the other players. This gives the other members of the group the ability to shut down ***holes who try to change the loot options after 2/3rds of the instance has been completed and also shuts down the idiocy of changing it mid-fight.

Just now, Kirzen said:

Its even easier than that, you make it so that loot options cannot be changed during combat, and that any alterations to the them must be voted on by the other players. This gives the other members of the group the ability to shut down ***holes who try to change the loot options after 2/3rds of the instance has been completed and also shuts down the idiocy of changing it mid-fight.

yes this also but really in a 'pug' group every party member is a random, there is no leader, most are there for themselves and just want to get through the dungeon, so no need to  be able to change loot whether in combat or not it is the ONLY 100% fair system

6 minutes ago, Elvenmad said:

yes this also but really in a 'pug' group every party member is a random, there is no leader, most are there for themselves and just want to get through the dungeon, so no need to  be able to change loot whether in combat or not it is the ONLY 100% fair system

You're probably right, but changing the system ONLY for the cross-server parties might be harder than just changing it globally for all parties.

3 minutes ago, Farinali said:

why not remove the partyleader in random grp finder?

Because you do still need to have someone with the power to add more people to party. You could perhaps give the ability to invite more people into the open slots to everyone though?

Just now, Kirzen said:

Because you do still need to have someone with the power to add more people to party. You could perhaps give the ability to invite more people into the open slots to everyone though?

sure and why not just start the search function after one player left the grp automatically, i mean cmon its 2016 this has be done many times in other games

16 minutes ago, Farinali said:

sure and why not just start the search function after one player left the grp automatically, i mean cmon its 2016 this has be done many times in other games

True, but I'm not sure I trust the game code to be able to figure out when the instance is actually over...

there was a similar thread with the response of support stating that it's the game mechanic and there's nothing they will do about it.

I was already cheated once today, let's see how many times I'll get loot thieves in the whole day 

35 minutes ago, Arti said:

there was a similar thread with the response of support stating that it's the game mechanic and there's nothing they will do about it.

I was already cheated once today, let's see how many times I'll get loot thieves in the whole day 

Don't suppose you have a link to that? Because frankly that's an asinine response from support if it's true...

28 minutes ago, Fuz said:

Can we do a shame thread WITH PROOF for these people?

Wouldn't do any good, it'll slowly spiral out of control to the point that everyone's doing it and loot from these dungeons becomes a free for all.

Personally, I have a guild, I'll just run it with guild members and friends only if I have to... but it would be nice to have something for non-peak hours.

Does anyone know if there's a response anywhere from the developers or support staff regarding this? I know that it's come up before, and I know that support has told us we're not allowed to "name and shame" people that do this (which is complete bull**** when there's obvious proof like the screenshot I linked), but have they said anything at all about it?

6 minutes ago, VRock said:

we should create a blacklist since ncsoft is not solving this. Yeah name and shame this *cricket*ers.

The problem with a black list is that everyone would have to use it for it to be remotely effective, and I'd say a full 95% of the community isn't even currently aware that the loot options can be changed during combat and won't ever know about it until it happens to them. And what are you supposed to do if you DO run into someone that's on the blacklist?

Even if you announced it to the whole party and left the dungeon... since they're the party leader they'll simply push the "get more suckers" button and continue screwing other innocent people. The only time I've managed to do anything successfully against this scam is when one dumb*** changed the option right before the pull. I called them out and half the party left.

Annnnd then they proceeded to just recruit more suckers to help them down the boss, with me standing one room away trying to explain to the newcomers that they were just about to get screwed they -still- managed to get enough suckers to get the boss down.

Archived