SEA server > Oceanic Server

Anna

17 minutes ago, Anna said:

Just saying.

SEA total population: approx 618,000,000

Oceanian total population: approx  39,771,060

Hmmm. 

And where do you purpose you put it?

Secondly, not all that 618,000,000 people have access to the internet....

2 minutes ago, Taemek said:

And where do you purpose you put it?

Singapore. Why? Singapore is the best SEA country, in terms of standards of living, economy, etc etc. Small country though, so it could be a problem.

9 minutes ago, Anna said:

Singapore. Why? Singapore is the best SEA country, in terms of standards of living, economy, etc etc. Small country though, so it could be a problem.

Well my suggestion is to get a petition like OCE did and support your case then.

If 39,771,060 people can rally a petition with 10,000+ people and growing daily, I am sure SEA can do better?

Take it to the main branch, NCSoft Korea. NcWest can't really do things like that they're for NA/EU players. A lot of the EU players themselves are even saying the servers aren't actually located in Germany but in the US. 

Also keep in mind the US is pretty big, people playing from Alaska, New Jersey, and other places opposite of Texas (Where the servers are) would rather play with lower ping as well. If they're going to add more servers they need to give NA players servers in different locations and then get the EU players servers that's actually in EU. Before they start giving servers to regions they don't even support. 

I don't know about that, i don't find it possible that servers from EU to be located in US . I'm from Romania and i have 30-40 ping at most. 

Impossible i'd have that ping if it was in US. When i used to play Aion on NA i had between 140-200

2 hours ago, Taemek said:

Well my suggestion is to get a petition like OCE did and support your case then.

If 39,771,060 people can rally a petition with 10,000+ people and growing daily, I am sure SEA can do better?

Nah, just wanted to add salt to the wound of an Oceanic server being a silly idea.

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.bladeandsouldojo.com/topic/159048-some-basic-ettiquette-for-foreign-players-on-tw-server/page__st__20

SEA/Oceanic server case needs to be addressed as soon as possible.

Highlight 1:

- Having problems trying to assimilate with the native server.

- Native server players are annoyed whenever there's a surge of english/foreign language in the faction in game chat.

- Having 10-20 players responding to each other in faction chat arises conflict between native players and foreigners.

- The above link can show u how intense it is.

Highlight 2:

- There's a big demand for SEA/Oceanic server right now as there are always requests for english speaking guild in TW server every few hours.

- And these people tend to spam the faction chat for guilds which also contributes to Highlight 1.

Highlight 3: - just personal whining

- Invested in Master's Pack for NA prior release - only to find the ping is too high for me to play. My mistake.

- Invested 5k Ncoins in TW server - only to find myself unable to assimilate with the local community. Another misstep.

Am willing to put this all behind me if there's  a SEA/Oceanic server running for players such as myself.

Ncsoft.. looking forward to ur reply.

On 1/30/2016 at 11:35 PM, Anna said:

Just saying.

SEA total population: approx 618,000,000

Oceanian total population: approx  39,771,060

Hmmm. 

These numbers are irrelevant. 

You want to find out out how much of the population plays BnS, and more to the point, find out where more money would come from.

For example: They could generate more income from Australia with smaller pop given the economy, so the numbers are irrelevant. 

Also, sign the petition: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/958/585/460/show-ncsoft-that-there-is-a-demand-for-an-oceanic-sea-server-for-blade-soul/

A server in Aus would also mean they'd capitalize on New Zealand as well, without hindering SEA. The best bet is to put it in the server in middle not at the end of the leg - so it should go in Aus.

Lastly, they already replied to this topic previously. It's on their radar but you need to support it/spread the word to push it through the pipeline, so sign and share the petition around, thanks.

2 hours ago, Sylvexis said:

These numbers are irrelevant. 

You want to find out out how much of the population plays BnS, and more to the point, find out where more money would come from.

For example: They could generate more income from Australia with smaller pop given the economy, so the numbers are irrelevant. 

Also, sign the petition: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/958/585/460/show-ncsoft-that-there-is-a-demand-for-an-oceanic-sea-server-for-blade-soul/

A server in Aus would also mean they'd capitalize on New Zealand as well, without hindering SEA. The best bet is to put it in the server in middle not at the end of the leg - so it should go in Aus.

Lastly, they already replied to this topic previously. It's on their radar but you need to support it/spread the word to push it through the pipeline, so sign and share the petition around, thanks.

Did that before i even came here. Am just waiting patiently.

On 1/30/2016 at 7:47 PM, Keawen said:

EU saying that only because login server in the US when u r past login and r playing it's german location but people like to argue.

As much as I love to NOT argue (because I'd rather play without issues) I have to say that I still know how to properly check where I'm connecting to ;) and it's not Germany.

I'm not saying they don't have servers in Frankfurt but there is something wrong on their end.

The players experiencing lags might be related to a knot where some players connect through the wrong area?

But why even some players based in Texas also experience that?

I don't know, I'm not a network engineer but all I have to say is that it's not happening with other MMOs so NCWest standing like "we cannot fix the internet" sounds kind of moronic tbh.

A bunch of guys tried to figure out what's going on, testing everything on their end, contacting their ISP, giving feedback on the forums and to the support team through tickets. Guess what was the answer from NC? :)

So yeah maybe it's only 10% of their player-base.

Their game, their rules.

Well, do consider the average spec PC of each person in one region could afford. No one's gonna bring a game to a place where not everyone can have the acceptable quality of game play.

As far as I know, living cost and standard in SEA region is not optimal for a good spec PC parts, excluding Singapore, the only country in SEA that has strong currency and economy.

Knowing the publisher in SEA and the price trends ongoing there, I would be expecting an 'extremely expensive' cash shop if NA community consider their pricing as unreasonable, which is why I say, what a joke when you compared to other regions.

Sorry but SEA isnt going to bloody happen. The game is f2p...if it were b2p or p2p where it would lock out those invalids that call themsleves people, making cancerous posts and community, then surely they would release with a server for SEA folks or at least release na/eu then work on an sea solution afterwards.

If they dont pay their incompetent staffers to fix critical problems concerning this game's implementation how do you expect them to fork out money for SEA localization/server base even if they were to make a profit?
No tell me, how are they going to open and maintain SEA Bns when NA/EU BnS maintenance team is a complete shit show hmmm? Can someone seriously explain that to me, please? 

Be it SEA or NA. Still i think its poosible to bring down the pings/latency. Of course its not online our ISP side have to do rerouting or whatever. NCwest also have to focus on this issue too. Putting in server may cost alot for NCwest/NCsoft, i believe making it less ping will be a better choice for them.

OR make everyone 200ms ping!!!!! muhahahaha ^.^

• 5 months later...

Archived