Massive FPS issues after 1/29 patch.

Sheela

1 minute ago, Sheela said:

I agree, it's unprofessional. Every single thing they've asked me to do leaves me feeling like they're talking to me like I'm an imbecile. Not 5 minutes ago they said it "might be an issue with running it as administrator". It's been running as administrator permanently this whole time, it's how I can get steam to go through the patch process remotely and play it on my laptop while it streams from my desktop. So I know it's not that. It's like they're reading from a "tech support for dummies" book and they're ignoring me when I say this ONLY STARTED AFTER THE PATCH. That means it's NOT ON MY END, it's something that was changed and needs to be FIXED. All other things run FINE on my computer so this continued barrage of suggestions for dummies is just insulting and upsetting and getting more and more obscure. But the factory system restore just takes the damned cake. 

Yeah i total agree it is on they end and not ours but hey i am going to do some testing to see how much it takes to break the game xD or even try and fix the lag :/ that is going to get fun, but really it does not have to be us doing they job i mean we are games not freaking game makers xD

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i factory reset my gaming laptop because i don't use it much since i have a beast pc and guess what? it doesn't fix the problem so who ever it was that got told to do this let the obviously underqaulified tech assistant know it was tried by someone and its obviously something they need to fix on their end.

1 minute ago, vengefulcrow said:

i factory reset my gaming laptop because i don't use it much since i have a beast pc and guess what? it doesn't fix the problem so who ever it was that got told to do this let the obviously underqaulified tech assistant know it was tried by someone and its obviously something they need to fix on their end.

Yeah i did it 3 times total now so yeah and still not fixed xD so yeah dont do that it dont Work what so ever

Don't worry, I already went off on them about the fact that these things were already asked of people/were ridiculous and the fact that it hasn't been acknowledged publicly is beyond unprofessional of them. They haven't responded yet. I'm banking on them saying that if I don't follow their tech support instructions they can't help me. 

I thought they said that the devs actually check the forums? Why hasn't this issue been addressed yet? 

I know it might be silly to get this upset over a game but it's literally the only thing keeping me distracted and sane while I wait for test results and all sorts of other health related things and I just want my distraction back. 

I'm not a coder by trade. I mean I know enough to not screw with my CMD window so much without looking up the Root menu and what not and to leave the Sys32 folder alone or else I'll brick my tower. But really guys please don't talk down to me like I'm an idiot. It's demeaning and I know you're tired from dealing with Customer Complaints all day. I used to work Retail at a Customer Service booth. I did it for 10 years. So I get your frustration with dealing with the mindless sheep. Bleating at you to FIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXIT! I get it I really do. But you should always maintain a certain level of proffesional courtesy when dealing with the people that pay for your kids to go through college or that new Ferarri you just bought.
So It's cool....I'm not going to do a Factory System Restore to appease curiousity about "will he really do it?, Will he really listen to me and believe that'll fix his problems" I get it yer screwing with us now. Because yer Tech guys haven't come back from their Weekend or they've just thrown in the towel until Monday. It's understandable Yer trying to fix so many other things like Converting Korean to English and getting the Translations to stick. Because Asian Style MMO's usually didn't do well in the North American Continents. We've always been more of a Grungy First Person Shooter country. Or War themed game country. I get it you got the green light for this game and you threw a couple people together to mish mash the coding and slap dash it for yer Share Holders and to show yer investors that the market is good. But remember we are yer market and we aren't stupid.

3 minutes ago, CarpetSquare said:

I'm not a coder by trade. I mean I know enough to not screw with my CMD window so much without looking up the Root menu and what not and to leave the Sys32 folder alone or else I'll brick my tower. But really guys please don't talk down to me like I'm an idiot. It's demeaning and I know you're tired from dealing with Customer Complaints all day. I used to work Retail at a Customer Service booth. I did it for 10 years. So I get your frustration with dealing with the mindless sheep. Bleating at you to FIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXIT! I get it I really do. But you should always maintain a certain level of proffesional courtesy when dealing with the people that pay for your kids to go through college or that new Ferarri you just bought.
So It's cool....I'm not going to do a Factory System Restore to appease curiousity about "will he really do it?, Will he really listen to me and believe that'll fix his problems" I get it yer screwing with us now. Because yer Tech guys haven't come back from their Weekend or they've just thrown in the towel until Monday. It's understandable Yer trying to fix so many other things like Converting Korean to English and getting the Translations to stick. Because Asian Style MMO's usually didn't do well in the North American Continents. We've always been more of a Grungy First Person Shooter country. Or War themed game country. I get it you got the green light for this game and you threw a couple people together to mish mash the coding and slap dash it for yer Share Holders and to show yer investors that the market is good. But remember we are yer market and we aren't stupid.

You forgot to mention that they are spending all their time adding new costumes to the market and posting it all over twitter instead of saying "we are ware of frame drop issues and are looking into it"

You forgot to mention that they are spending all their time adding new costumes to the market and posting it all over twitter instead of saying "we are ware of frame drop issues and are looking into it"

Exactly. EXACTLY. That's PRECISELY my point, they're retweeting people and posting new costumes instead of dealing with this massive issue and if someone mentions it, they send them to tech support and tech support just leaves you chasing your tail, it's pointless. 

4 minutes ago, Sheela said:

Exactly. EXACTLY. That's PRECISELY my point, they're retweeting people and posting new costumes instead of dealing with this massive issue and if someone mentions it, they send them to tech support and tech support just leaves you chasing your tail, it's pointless. 

Already ingame and doing some testing to see how much i can go without the game breaking down so i might take some time doing fixes but i putted it on max settings and so far the game runs without a problem but might have to do some more testing, it might beworth for you guys to uninstall the game 100% and then install it again to see the effect i got no lag so far, well i am setting up my things on my screen xD

1 minute ago, Steen said:

Already ingame and doing some testing to see how much i can go without the game breaking down so i might take some time doing fixes but i putted it on max settings and so far the game runs without a problem but might have to do some more testing, it might beworth for you guys to uninstall the game 100% and then install it again to see the effect i got no lag so far, well i am setting up my things on my screen xD

Try fighting some things. I was getting 60 fps and then I went and killed Lycan and I dropped to 7 FPS and hovered around 15 FPS. 

22 minutes ago, Sheela said:

Try fighting some things. I was getting 60 fps and then I went and killed Lycan and I dropped to 7 FPS and hovered around 15 FPS. 

Sucks well mine is fixed i am running with 60-80 fps all the time in Spirestone Canyons on max settings wtf is going on xD, well try and reinstall the game from Fresh and see if that works for as for now it is running fine on my end oO

Also just a little tips dont turn off Game Launcher not sure if it does anything at all but my game is running better after i reinstalled it.

running settings:

Display mode: Fullscreen

display settings: 1920 x 1080 (wide) 

Frame rate: Limted frame rate-80 limted frame rate background-20

Graphics Quality

Maxed out 

Turned off- Motion Blur - Depth of field - Advance motion blur effect - Cross filter effect.

That is all i have turned on ingame. But i will keep editing this post if i find somthing..

Name: Hinarí

Server: Wild Springs

I am ingame right now.

18 minutes ago, Steen said:

Sucks well mine is fixed i am running with 60-80 fps all the time in Spirestone Canyons on max settings wtf is going on xD, well try and reinstall the game from Fresh and see if that works for as for now it is running fine on my end oO

Also just a little tips dont turn off Game Launcher not sure if it does anything at all but my game is running better after i reinstalled it.

running settings:

Display mode: Fullscreen

display settings: 1920 x 1080 (wide) 

Frame rate: Limted frame rate-80 limted frame rate background-20

Graphics Quality

Maxed out 

Turned off- Motion Blur - Depth of field - Advance motion blur effect - Cross filter effect.

That is all i have turned on ingame. But i will keep editing this post if i find somthing..

Name: Hinarí

Server: Wild Springs

I am ingame right now.

You have a lot of stuff turned off that I personally prefer having on, though, and my game used to handle having them on perfectly fine before the patch. I like running on ultra, I should have no issues running on ultra, and yet I am.

8 minutes ago, Sheela said:

You have a lot of stuff turned off that I personally prefer having on, though, and my game used to handle having them on perfectly fine before the patch. I like running on ultra, I should have no issues running on ultra, and yet I am.

Well for Motion blur and Depth of field i never liked at all so i always turns them off as i like for like 10+ hours a day and i got my game fixed so that is nice :D Who needs Dev that only gives useless infomations xD Well game still need a bit off work around just crashed again as it dropped below 20 fps xD

Just now, vengefulcrow said:

im going to give them a call tomorrow to talk to an actual representative and get to the bottom of this because im seriously fed up with this and if they refuse to acknowledge the issue then ill see about them giving me my money back.

My game just crashed again :/

46 minutes ago, Steen said:

My game just crashed again :/

I just wanna play the darn game, it's so stupid that they just don't seem to care. They gave me another ridiculous task and I just went off on them and told them to close the ticket because it was clear that they had no intention of actually fixing anything, and that I just wouldn't be putting any more money into the game until the Twitter accounts actually acknowledged the issue.

i have the same issue with the FPS drop... also still experiencing crashes... tried all the razer disable and enabling ( services as well).. even changed the configuration in documents bns/ncsoft folder.. still having crashes and FPS drops.. will be taking a break from the game until before mentioned problems is solved..

hey there,i'm from iksanun,and i have exactly the same problem here,my fps keep dropping from 70 to 12 or even worse 7!!,and then the game just crashed,i dont have any idea what is going on because i can play other high demanding game like GTA V and the witcher 3 running with high setting just fine..i do have razer mouse and keyboard,but i already disabled the synapse and the lag still occur :(

my Rig is:

Intel Core i7 4720HQ 2.60GHZ

8GB RAM

GTX960M

Just now, Shinichireru said:

hey there,i'm from iksanun,and i have exactly the same problem here,my fps keep dropping from 70 to 12 or even worse 7!!,and then the game just crashed,i dont have any idea what is going on because i can play other high demanding game like GTA V and the witcher 3 running with high setting just fine..i do have razer mouse and keyboard,but i already disabled the synapse and the lag still occur :(

my Rig is:

Intel Core i7 4720HQ 2.60GHZ

8GB RAM

GTX960M

All we can really do at the moment is make a lot of noise about it. Everyone is posting about other issues instead of this, so if we get more people posting in one place about this issue, yell at them on twitter till they acknowledge it, etc, they have to fix it. I tried to play through the lag and I started crashing, and then I started to crash upon hitting play now and then I couldn't even get that far. I'm trying a fresh install of the game but I don't have a lot of hope, the 1/29 patch turned this from an amazing game to the single worst piece of garbage I've ever dealt with game-wise and I want my money back on the ncoin I've spent.

-UPDATE-

Blade & Soul Ops has just tweeted a new update coming 2/2/16 @ 10pm UTC and mentioned about a Razer Chroma fix.

i still don't know if the fix would work, but meanwhile you can try the following steps if the crash is too irritating.

okay guys i may have found the solution to these problems:

1) crash upon launching game (after launcher has patched and verified/repaired files)

2) dropping of fps -> crash

before i even start, lemme just say that this solution works for me, and MAY NOT work for you. so don't go whiny and say stuff like "OH BUT I DON'T HAVE RAZER PRODUCTS" cuz i'm not gonna entertain any of those unconstructive bullshh. this means that you are having this problem AND also using a razer product.

things you'll need:

1) mainly the task manager (ctrl+alt+delete on your keyboard)

2) game client (duh)

both crashes will most likely show you this message:

cxBYqyG.png

http://imgur.com/cxBYqyG

for the first problem (crash upon launching game (after launcher has patched and verified/repaired files)):

-your razer chroma sdk service is not running

JvZR3bf.png

http://imgur.com/JvZR3bf

open up task manager, click the services tab, right click razer chroma sdk service and start the service.

to verify that your service has started, check in the processes tab if the razer chroma sdk service is present (see 3rd pic below).

you should then be able to launch your game with no problems.

second problem (dropping of fps -> crash):

-this is because your razer chroma sdk service is runninng (yes, the irony)

to ensure your game runs perfectly fine upon launching:

end the razer chroma sdk service process, immediately upon game launch (when you reach the pin screen would be fine)

wpZDGl4.png

http://imgur.com/wpZDGl4

your game should run at the optimal performance as should be, with no crashes. and like i said again, while this works for me, i can't guarantee it works for you so don't start raging and stuff.

P.S.

and a little bonus for those still having the 4049 crash error, ensure that your blade and soul is fully closed (sometimes it doesn't exit fully).

IAmGhHq.png

http://imgur.com/IAmGhHq

select blade & soul by bloodlust in the background processes and click end task.

lemme know if this helps you!

ok guys for all those with crashes with sdk just so you dont need to close after game what i did i just uninstalled the chroma sdk.................... and no more fps problems and crashes every 5 mins XD 

the major fps drops is cos the game is on dx9.. for your problem is the sdk cos i had it also at the start was minimal then went to every 5 mins and then to not even start... so i found out that was chroma sdk for my firefly mouse pad uninstalled the sdk and gg now the game runs no crash.. if  you dont like to stop the sdk every time just uninstall it 

No problems here,

• Check whether you are using OpenGL or DirectX (or if available for you driver which I highly doubt, Vulkan)
    OpenGL is slower then DirectX.
  • Update your drivers.

sometimes game patches alter settings which might unintentionally switch from Graphics Library's, if this happens this is not always a game issue, happend to me few times before with different games.

Also check if your pc is having any weird performance statistics, maybe some background processes are using too much resources.

Archived