Massive FPS issues after 1/29 patch.

Sheela

I've been talking to support about it for over a day and they've made me do all sorts of things under the assumption that it's on my end and completely ignoring that pre-patch I used to get a consistent 40-60 FPS regardless of area, with no crashes after I disabled Chroma keyboard as I don't even use the mouse options or have Synapse running, I only have the Death Adder because I liked how it looked and it matched my Corsair k70 nicely.

I've been getting between 7 and 25 FPS since the patch, I can't kill anything in open world. Occasionally it'll go back up to 60 FPS like it used to but the second I try to kill something it dips right back down, and it only goes back up to 60 while in dungeons. In dungeons it's not as bad but it's still completely unplayable when trying to do dailies and such. Turning off other people's character models doesn't up the FPS, turning graphics on lowest doesn't help the FPS. And I shouldn't have to turn them on lowest anyway, I paid to have a nice PC and I shouldn't be shooting it in the leg to try and make a game run better that was previously running fine prepatch. 

I've noticed several people having this issue. But the twitter and the main page have mentioned absolutely nothing about these sudden FPS issues. All I can do is suggest that you all report it so they realize that it's a prevalent issue. 

I loved this game before this patch. I was intending to get the 365 Day pass, that's how much I loved this game before this. But now, I can't even use the month that I have paid for and all of the stuff I have already and the time I put in is wasted. I JUST got to 45 and I can't even do the end game content now because the game is completely unplayable. 

And for the record, this is what I'm running the game on:

Processor
Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5 GHz
Processor Main Features
64 bit Quad-Core Processor
Cache Per Processor
6 MB L3 Cache
Memory
16 GB DDR3 1600
Storage
1 TB SATA III 7200RPM
Optical Drive
24x DVD+-R/+-RW DUAL LAYER DRIVE
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 4 GB
Ethernet
Gigabit Ethernet
Power Supply
600W
Operating System
Windows 8 Home 64-Bit

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Sheela said:

I've been talking to support about it for over a day and they've made me do all sorts of things under the assumption that it's on my end and completely ignoring that pre-patch I used to get a consistent 40-60 FPS regardless of area, with no crashes after I disabled Chroma keyboard as I don't even use the mouse options or have Synapse running, I only have the Death Adder because I liked how it looked and it matched my Corsair k70 nicely.

I've been getting between 7 and 25 FPS since the patch, I can't kill anything in open world. In dungeons it's not as bad but it's still completely unplayable when trying to do dailies and such. Turning off other people's character models doesn't up the FPS, turning graphics on lowest doesn't help the FPS. And I shouldn't have to turn them on lowest anyway, I paid to have a nice PC and I shouldn't be shooting it in the leg to try and make a game run better that was previously running fine prepatch. 

I've noticed several people having this issue. But the twitter and the main page have mentioned absolutely nothing about these sudden FPS issues. All I can do is suggest that you all report it so they realize that it's a prevalent issue. 

I loved this game before this patch. I was intending to get the 365 Day pass, that's how much I loved this game before this. But now, I can't even use the month that I have paid for and all of the stuff I have already and the time I put in is wasted. I JUST got to 45 and I can't even do the end game content now because the game is completely unplayable. 

And for the record, this is what I'm running the game on:

Processor
Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5 GHz
Processor Main Features
64 bit Quad-Core Processor
Cache Per Processor
6 MB L3 Cache
Memory
16 GB DDR3 1600
Storage
1 TB SATA III 7200RPM
Optical Drive
24x DVD+-R/+-RW DUAL LAYER DRIVE
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 4 GB
Ethernet
Gigabit Ethernet
Power Supply
600W
Operating System
Windows 8 Home 64-Bit

Yeah i am not even sure myself why the patch got this bad my game was running fine before the patch :/ but somthing did happen to it so now i am trying to get help from them and he asked me to download somthing called Hi-jack or what it is i looked it up. But it looks like a program that scans your pc for virus and so on even though i total reinstalled my pc LOL. So i said no to install it as some ppl said that it was a virus it  self xD wtf

1 minute ago, Steen said:

Yeah i am not even sure myself why the patch got this bad my game was running fine before the patch :/ but somthing did happen to it so now i am trying to get help from them and he asked me to download somthing called Hi-jack or what it is i looked it up. But it looks like a program that scans your pc for virus and so on even though i total reinstalled my pc LOL. So i said no to install it as some ppl said that it was a virus it  self xD wtf

I installed it and did what they said and it still didn't help at all. They're making me run around in circles and haven't actually come up with any solution, and it's really upsetting.

You are not alone i am having the exact same issues i have also been getting major frame drop and it gets so bad my client crashes sometimes. i really wish they would optimize this because i didnt have any issues before they started doing the patches the last couple of days.

My Specs 

CPU: Intel core i7-5960x etreme edition

GPU: NVIDIA Titan x 2X

RAM: 32GB Ripjaws X Series

Internet: 320 download 14 upload.

Its their game and they don't want to admit they did something on their end to mess things up what they really need to do is hire a larger staff and dig down deep and optimize the game which might include them dropping gameguard and picking up a anti cheat engine that doesn't conflict with other programs.

1 minute ago, vengefulcrow said:

Its their game and they don't want to admit they did something on their end to mess things up what they really need to do is hire a larger staff and dig down deep and optimize the game which might include them dropping gameguard and picking up a anti cheat engine that doesn't conflict with other programs.

I understand that, but all I want to do is play the game and throw money at their face, and they're making it hard. I was enjoying it so much before now and it's been a really good distraction for me since I can't get out of bed a lot, so I can just stream it through steam to remotely access it and play as much as I want. Except now I can't because they basically ruined it. They weren't expecting it to be as popular as it is I think, so their staff is under-qualified. I say take them off Wildstar and put them on here, no one plays Wildstar anymore.

2 minutes ago, Sheela said:

I understand that, but all I want to do is play the game and throw money at their face, and they're making it hard. I was enjoying it so much before now and it's been a really good distraction for me since I can't get out of bed a lot, so I can just stream it through steam to remotely access it and play as much as I want. Except now I can't because they basically ruined it. They weren't expecting it to be as popular as it is I think, so their staff is under-qualified. I say take them off Wildstar and put them on here, no one plays Wildstar anymore.

I total agree i was having a really good time before the patch but after the patch somthing vent worng my Brother have no problem at all so if it dont work this time i might need him to come over to me and see what is worng xD P.s where do you guys find the spec thing?

In my case, my fiance is also having a massive FPS drop as well, he has the same exact PC as me other than a slightly different graphics card, his has one DVI port and extra HDMIs instead of two DVIs like mine. But he's just leveling through the lag, he just takes breaks when it gets really bad till it comes around again but it's not something he should have to do, he shouldn't have to adapt around issues that are in the game. It's all really dumb and they need to focus and fix it. And don't get me started on how their Razer support patch actually made things worse...

2 minutes ago, Sheela said:

And don't get me started on how their Razer support patch actually made things worse...

I am using Razer Synapse with Razer Naga Epic mouse and razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Headset, and i dont have any problem with it at all :/

[Dat error] Could not connect to the update server.

please restart the launcher.if this problem persists. please contact customer support at http;//us.ncsoft.com/en/support/.

E01005

NIC

updater.nclancher.ncsoft.com_17231940

this error happen to me i cant even open lancher anyone have answer ?:)

2 minutes ago, vengefulcrow said:

sheela i highly doubt its your pc i have a superclocked machine and its not working for me its something ncsoft has to fix but they are keeping us in the dark and not acknowledging their blunder.

That's the issue though. The keeping us in the dark. It's unprofessional and leave us just twiddling our thumbs until it gets fixed, if it gets fixed at all. They're just talking to me like I'm dumb, making me install stuff I don't want to install and all just to come to the same conclusion that I've been telling them from the start. 

It's bad for business imo.

18 minutes ago, vengefulcrow said:

I played aion for 6 years before this. I know ncwest tactics all to well.  All they care about is the bottom line. $$$$$$

They need to appease shareholders.  They already made millions off our beta founders packs we all purchased. Then they made more off us all purchasing student 7 day packs and 30 day packs to have priority on server queues.  That antiquated with all the money they've made off the hongmoon store from outfits and novelties.  Well................they've made more in the months previous to launch and first week of launch than games used to make in an entire year back in the days of subscription based games with no cash shops.

ncwest made their money.  they are cheap. they have never and will never hire or spend the $$$ where its needed most: To make the customer happy.

Korea makes a brilliant game.  NCWest *cricket*s it up on execution.   Always been like this, will never change. sorry to inform you all.  Sad times.

7 minutes ago, Chasier said:

[Dat error] Could not connect to the update server.

please restart the launcher.if this problem persists. please contact customer support at http;//us.ncsoft.com/en/support/.

E01005

NIC

updater.nclancher.ncsoft.com_17231940

this error happen to me i cant even open lancher anyone have answer ?:)

Restart your pc or hit control shift esc and then find blade and soul. :)

1 minute ago, Chasier said:

its not form razer trust me guys i dont have razer on my pc and i have same problems this not razer i swear :@ its from this stupied game and this poor team game

Yeah I know it's not because I was using my razer mouse and had no issue after turning off chroma keyboard. This is the first time there's really been any issue for me and it's just stressful. 

2 minutes ago, Chasier said:

its not form razer trust me guys i dont have razer on my pc and i have same problems this not razer i swear :@ its from this stupied game and this poor team game

Yeah not sure what to think anymore as my brother dont have problem at all but if i find a fix for it that worked for i will let you guys know for sure :)

Archived