Why are the blues always the buttheads

Minhoire

I hardly ever see an overaggressive red but if I'm ever in town turning in quests wearing the red uniform cause it matches my lyn features

99% of the time I get jumped and spawnkilled and then sometimes they even follow me out of town til I put it back on

like wth

there's not even a benefit for killing until high 20s

5 hours ago, Tremoire said:

Welcome to ope world PvP, level 45s will come and gank lower level oblivious players

Actualy I disagree; I play as a Crimson Legionair and during my PVP dailies I had a few runins with Cerulean lvl 45s and so far these people were the ones that actualy had a brain and didn't gank the shit out of me poor lvl 29, but left me alone to do my quest stuff. What actualy pisses me off are the lower level players, it happened twice now: first time, I was manging my vault and selling some stuff at the marketplace as someone just backstabbed me, before I even could react, the other time, it was even worse: I was in the mid of watching a cinematic (yeah, sorry, I'm actualy listening to the dialogues and stuff related to the story) when again I was killed, but this time, it caused my game to freeze, as it seems you can exit a cinematic properly, when your character is dead. I mean, I get it, you can go and kill every hostile player, but sometimes I'd wish people would have a sense for when someone is doing stuff, hence being unaware of his surroundings and when not. It's not only annoying for those getting gankled, while interacting with NPCs, but it's also something, that I'd call unsportsmanlike.

Bruh get the hell out of here, Crimson does the EXACT same thing as well. Stop crying and being butt hurt about it or take it off, simple as that. Swear yall find anything to whine and complain about on these games.

I will never understand the complaints about an opposite faction doing what's basically their job:) It would be a pretty poor emulation of warring factions if there were no warring factions.

That said, those situations can VERY WELL be frustrating. But so can a game of pacman or basketball. It's the part of the course. You get anxiety, you have to be aware etc. while doing faction quests or wearing the outfit. And we have the option of saying "nah, I don't want to be a part of this war now" with a single click (!) and also your availability for pvp vanishes if you don't wear the faction uniform at that specific time (!!). These are EXTREMELY HARD controls in the hands of a player in the middle of the faction war with him being a member of one of the factions. I really can't see the place for complaining. Even with ganking and spawn camping etc - they are effectively hindering the "progress" (whatever that might be) of the enemy, one man at a time. And Sun Tzu would heartily agree with such methods, rather than "1v1 me scrub":)

What I'm trying to say that the frustration is integral part of it, potential unfairness is also there, there are no rules in love and war they say.

Just now I was questing, doing a faction daily (one of the "pve" ones), saw a red dude at like 30 meters, decided to not show signs of aggression and continued to "forage" soulstone supplies or whatever the quest was, while keeping one eye on the dude. The dude did nothing, so I loosened a bit. And then, the dude jumps me, I hesitate at first (even though we were flagged, he didn't show any signs of "fighting spirit" for like two minutes while being several meters from me), then I engage and all of a sudden, another dude jumps me, I fight for almost a minute and of course, die in the end. And, that's cool. That's not the point of this anecdote:) On the contrary, I was like "oooh, clever, ruse me with indifference until your friend comes!" and I really was elated, as in, it really felt like "war". They screwed me up pretty good. Good for them. <--- and this is, by the way, the part where I don't get the negativity about things like this. People are so selfish, it seems. I enjoyed the moment where I was unfairly 2v1'd after being lured into the false sense of indifference. Because I wasn't in the mememe mode, but in the "does this look like contested area and what would happen in this scenario" and something like this was actually very authentic. For that reason, I put aside my own interests and let myself enjoy the moment of spontaneous "being in the game world".

And then (and this is the point about frustration), something ruined it for me completely. While my character was lying there, the guy who came to apply the sun tzu methods typed "gotcha back" to the other player. I expected some kind of taunt, which could result in a funny dialogue with them emoting me and me lying face down responding in whatever manner, but no. He got his back. It instantly propelled me into frustration somehow. I am ok with ganking, with roaming grieving, with spawn camping, with taunting, with roleplaying, with chasing me off the quest area, with relentless channel pursuits. But the point where I become a frustrated angsty adolescent (or however we should call that regression:) ) is with the things like this. By all means, kill me 300 times, ambush me with 10 friends, do emotes, try to resurrect me in order to kill me again... I am fine with all that. But this was so... I don't even know... you got his back by me not reacting to him for several minutes and then promptly dispatching me by attacking me first 2v1? I don't know, maybe I got frustrated because it was too cringy or something. But anyway, things like those get to me. I guess that's my weak point when it comes to owpvp.

Otherwise, I am perfectly capable of appreciating the enemy efficiency and ruthlessness (don't read this too literally, I am not exactly a roleplaying type, but I am just enhancing the point - after all, faction warfare is in the game) even if I am on the bad end of the stick and my limited day play time is spent not that efficiently. I applaud the enemy faction for taking away ~25 silver and some progression from their enemies - one Asuka at the time:)

But "gotcha back" - well, he got me there, I was dumbfounded by how much my will to play has gone down after that.

Still, I will always say that whatever owpvp throws at you, it's part of the course. 

On 1/30/2016 at 3:45 PM, VHK said:

Actualy I disagree; I play as a Crimson Legionair and during my PVP dailies I had a few runins with Cerulean lvl 45s and so far these people were the ones that actualy had a brain and didn't gank the shit out of me poor lvl 29, but left me alone to do my quest stuff. What actualy pisses me off are the lower level players, it happened twice now: first time, I was manging my vault and selling some stuff at the marketplace as someone just backstabbed me, before I even could react, the other time, it was even worse: I was in the mid of watching a cinematic (yeah, sorry, I'm actualy listening to the dialogues and stuff related to the story) when again I was killed, but this time, it caused my game to freeze, as it seems you can exit a cinematic properly, when your character is dead. I mean, I get it, you can go and kill every hostile player, but sometimes I'd wish people would have a sense for when someone is doing stuff, hence being unaware of his surroundings and when not. It's not only annoying for those getting gankled, while interacting with NPCs, but it's also something, that I'd call unsportsmanlike.

I don't follow... you said vault and marketplace. Why did you have the suit on while doing that? I mean, regardless of one's personal morals and codes, faction outfit flags you for pvp. If you don't want to be flagged, why are you wearing faction uniform while doing non-faction things - ie, things you can do in any other outfit?

Also, there are people who attack on sight. I see nothing wrong with them. And it's not limited to backstabbing or ganking lower levels. I was farming the outfit in cinderlands at 45 and several lower levels attacked me on sight. I just stood there and typed that I won't kill them if they stop. And eventually they did. The "real life reasoning" seemed to have kicked in:) But you get the point, they didn't have to stop. They saw the enemy and attacked. Nothing wrong with that. Regardless of whether you are visiting merchant, wathing a cinematic in faction outfit (I still can't fathom why do a story quest in a faction outfit if you aren't in the mood for being ambushed, attacked etc) or whatnot.

And, one question? If you ventured in your faction uniform and bumped into three people from the opposite faction, would you think that they are acting unsportsmanlike if they killed you? I mean, I can't exactly see it as a 1:1 comparison, simulated faction "anxiety setting" warfare and sport/fairness/morals. I mean, you wouldn't expect them to draw straws to decide who is going to duel you honorably:) 

I am genuinely asking, I am not making a point.

It is irritating seeing players bothering each other even when they're flagged. I've played on PVP servers for years, usually it was live and let live unless someone decided to be a jerk and attack someone.  I really don't see the appeal, just because it's red doesn't mean you have to attack it, I say let people do their objectives in peace, flagged or not.  If saw someone fighting our base NPC's, we just ignored them and went about our business.

Reminds me of an experience I had last night when trying to do dailies on Mushin with the vast faction population unbalance there. I didn't feel like PvPing at that time and just wanted to finish my dailies and move on to Poh after but some lil crapper FM kept literally waiting for me to aggro Waido (Faction boss at Moonwater) to attack me. After like the 3rd time of deaggroing the  boss he keeps backing off then and I tell him just let me do my daily and I'll be on my way, he wasn't killing me otherwise and I wasn't interested in fighting. Ofc he doesn't listen so I lure guards and had my cat tank em while I fought the FM directly. Some other cerulian comes in and I'm forced to back off, but the FM took the bait and chased me into the open and I wound up wrecking it outside of his guards. Ofc he came back immediately after so I eventually wound up sending my cat in to grapple and knock him unconscious so I could do my daily in peace.

Can't stand ppl like that BTW lel.

6 hours ago, Asuka said:

I will never understand the complaints about an opposite faction doing what's basically their job:) It would be a pretty poor emulation of warring factions if there were no warring factions.

*extremely long and detailed anecdote*

I loved this! Reading this story of yours got me a bit hyped up over the joys there are in open-world PvP. I had very similar frustrations to the original-poster, it might be from me being too spoiled on Dark Souls, I think the right word is "overwhelmed" because the open-world stuff is such a new experience to me. But, thinking about it like an ongoing war and the "griefing" being a tiny part of the bigger picture is pretty cool. It's like roleplaying of a sorts, isn't it? I can get behind that.

You said the other guy's "got your back" message peeved you off though? I don't understand that. If it's like war, then isn't this instance like one young and headstrong (enemy) soldier patting the back of another? Maybe your disgust at such a thing ought to tie into the war analogy, and you should revel in it, in that case. Like, "look at those cocky headstrong blues, I can't wait until the world is rid of them!" Not saying you're wrong in how you feel, I'm just offering a second way to look at it; I definitely think you're upset for the same reason you enjoy though, at least the way you described it. (Was it the "immersion-breaking" that bugs you? 'Cause that I can definitely understand.)

Anyway I think I'm going to start doing what you do! It sounds more fun, and games should be fun instead of stressful. If it makes people upset then maybe I can always mail them with a free Unsealing Charm and an uplifting message later that night? There are always options...

Well, I am not perfect, of course, so I have pet peeves, obviously:D That happens to be one of them. I am not exactly sure what irritated me, but maybe the stance. As in, he wasn't taunting me with it. If he was, I would be like "aw you guys!" shaking my head like in some cartoon or something:) And it also wasn't about immersion - I don't immerse in these things, I am not like" let's go stop some cerulean/crimson scum from ruining this country!" and then gank lower levels to well, submit them into abandoning quests, thining numbers etc. I am more like we are on a, I don't know, paintball match. So, I am still "me" and they are still some dudes sitting in their rooms, but ROLE of our avatars is to do avatary things, such as faction warfare. So, I can get both approaches - a roleplaying dude going nuts about the other faction's wrongdoings or something AND an "anti-roleplaying" dude who thinks in meta terms and will go like "ok, I'll gank the hell out of this guy and he will regret choosing cerulean/crimson, hohoho" or as you said "Ok, I'll kill this guy and then give him some unsealing charms", so, concentrating entirely on the player and not the avatar.

But this was somehow out of context for both cases:D I guess it irks me because what he said was out of context and untrue, so my feefees got riled up:)

-he didn't taunt me

-his buddy was picking flowers with me for like three minutes (and I could kill him in like three seconds have I decided to do so) and when he showed up, they both jumped me, killed me, and then he was like "I got your back buddy, don't you worry, he won't bother you any more". I mean, that was the gist of it. Which is amazingly untrue. He could have said "lol we got him good" and it would be fine. He could have stand above my corpse and do thousand emotes. He could have said "nice bait lol" to his friend. But making me the bad guy when I did the OPPOSITE... that did irritate me. You can't go to a person, ask them for a directions or something, gain a bit of their trust, only for your friend to come up from the bushes, beat the person with a baseball bat and say "I GOT YOUR BACK". It makes no sense.

I like that you find the approach appealing:D I mean, posts above me completely belittle that kind of experience and it wasn't even griefing. I mean, some dude attacked some other faction dude WHILE HE WAS FARMING THEIR CAMP. I mean ok, we are all different, but if I was farming someone's faction's camp, I would be surprised if I WEREN'T attacked seventeen times in a row by a group of 30. Repeatedly until I decide to do dungeons or something.

Again, it's not something I would personally do, but I really see ABSOLUTELY no place for being pissed at people making war while being members of warring factions. Be it a game or a real life. I mean, you are IN THE GAME at the moment. And that guy from the example (the one harassing the player who was doing the camp daily), he was brilliant, he was evidently weaker but cleverly used his faction's npc's to help him. And he hindered the guy's efforts as much as he could. That's sun tzu right there:)

And I understand being frustrated, but it's also frustrating to, I don't know, being dunked on. But the basketball as a whole, it's an engaging activity and it's fun, regardless of whether SOME PARTS OF IT ARE NOT.

I had some of the best moments playing WoW (I played it shortly) and when people were ganking me:) In WoW it's a bit more expensive to res, so you wouldn't want to do it. Also there are some more mechanics. Long story short, 2-3 of us where spawn-camped and we couldn't do anything about it. It was one higher level dude who kept killing us. So we started to whisper to each other what should we do, like run in three directions and see who gets a short end of the stick and so on:D It was an extremely fun little adventure, if I may say so. I was laughing out loud at our uncoordinated "3, 2, 1, go!" attempts at escape and cheering for that last dude to at least get away, but no, he was cut down and then we went "ahhhh shame" etc. Eventually, we asked in the chat for help, gave coordinates and then two max levels gloriously came to our aid on their flying thingies and one-shotted the dude (as he was mid-high level so he was oneshottable for them:) ), so we were like "thank you lol" and they were like "NO PROBLEM, ANYTIME" in their pimped up gear ahahaha:) It was a funny scene, like some peasant asking for aid from feudal lords or something:D I'll never forget that:)

Both sides are like this. The difference is that you are looking from one side. Keep in mind, the open world pvp in this game is flawed. Just wearing your colors should not flag you for pvp since there are missions to kill NPCs with the outfit, not other players.

On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 2:27 AM, Asuka said:

*snip*

You're a wonderful story teller. You make me pumped about PvP even though I'll most likely end up raging and cursing the day my opponents were born. Ah well. It's nice to see things from a different and fun perspective^^

Oh, I curse too and make faces in my room:) But after five seconds, the reason kicks in and I go with the flow:) I can't really - as in, coolheadedly, blame someone for hindering my efforts, whose job is to hinder my efforts:)

I laughed at this post. 

1st of all, this happens both ways around i can asure you of that.

2nd is that it is normal to be this way. That is why there are 2 opposing factions. i understand the frustration when you are lvl 20+ or 30+ and get killed by a 45 char as i went thru that myself on my alt, but after all it's ok. If faction dailies wouldn't have pvp involved or even this kind of stupid pvp, then it would be boring as hell. it's not like you have to do something intelligent in the faction dailies if you don't get the "attention" of the opposing faction.

this post =_=

.1 unlike in most mmo's pvp is completely optional if you don't want to get attacked then don't put on your outfit 

.2 all the reward and yes all the rewards from the pvp daily's are for open world pvp it might be used outside but it is an open world pvp set so its only logical to make the process off getting them involve pvp so dont cry about it

.3 pvp daily's are completely OPTIONAL

1 hour ago, jacktheripper said:

this post =_=

.1 unlike in most mmo's pvp is completely optional if you don't want to get attacked then don't put on your outfit 

.2 all the reward and yes all the rewards from the pvp daily's are for open world pvp it might be used outside but it is an open world pvp set so its only logical to make the process off getting them involve pvp so dont cry about it

.3 pvp daily's are completely OPTIONAL

PvP daily's are not optional if you want to complete upgrading your weapon before the new content comes out. Unless you get lucky and craft like.. idk... 7 +attack Pentagon Diamonds in a row and sell them you simply wont have enough raw gold/material to upgrade your items.
Personally I don't have a problem with OWPvP (also my server Soha is one of the only Red sided servers, and I play Blue, they have so many people in red that they have Force Spawned a new misty woods channel every single time they don't get the dragon to spawn on the cliff, so far its up to 9 channels, but to put it into perspective, we barely have enough blues to kill a dragon). I have done all of my faction daily's every day because its the only way (aside from killing Terrors and Dragons which are also faction based) to get soul stones if you are not rich and I will BAREEEEELY have enough to finish upgrading my weapon and maybe 1 or 2 accessories before the 10th. Assuming I can also get the gold together.

Archived