Arena PvP For Dummies [Guide]

Yuma

As of right now, everyone is having questions about Arena, and how to "git gud". So I'll help out fellow bomani.

Some of these tips might be what you are missing to climb the ladder~

I will constantly update this guide, when I learn something or get a suggestion of what to add to the guide.

Also, I'll give credit to anyone who helps add stuff to this :3

UPDATE 2/1/2016: 

Lately post here have been bothersome and I think people need to understand, when you hop into arena, YOU MUST have a competitive mindset.

Stop making excuses of everything that goes wrong. You won't improve blaming everything but yourself.

Learn what you can do to improve your play. There's a diamond BM on NA and EU both of them don't let a class "weakness" get in the way of their performance.

Balance? The game is fairly balance, yes things may seem hecka strong right now but just like every meta in every game, there will ALWAYS be that strong something.

Right now we're in the NA/EU Arena Meta, Summoners are hecka strong right now, everything else is fairly easily countered/outplayed.

That being said, it's not "impossible" to beat a summoner, its just hard.

You already lost the match if you go in thinking "omg this class is op" or "my class isn't that strong".

UPDATE 2/2/2016:

SOUL SHIELDS AND GEAR DOES NOT MATTER IN ARENA! That is all :3

----------------------------------------

Arena ranking:

Bronze- 1300 - 1349

Silver- 1350 - 1599

Gold- 1600 - 1899

Platinum- 1900 - 2099

Diamond- 2100+

NOTE: All keys said are default keys.

|Key terms:|

Bomani = A term used in TA/CBT for a person under 1600. Before low elo players were called "opponent", it was Bomani. (#BringBackBomani)

CC/Crowd Control = Anything that disables the enemy. ie- Stuns/Dazes/Knockdowns
KD = Knockdown
Tech[F] = rolling out of groggies or knockdowns

Tech chasing = frame perfect control follow up on enemy techs

Tab/Escape/Trinket = escape mechanism

Tab/Escape/Trinket chasing = frame perfect control follow up on enemy trinket(s)

iframe = invulnerability frame(s) within an animation

Neutral Game = Neither player has a positional advantage (often times when both players are at 10m-20m range)

Okay, Now to the basics, I'll get into class specifics at a later time.

• I can't stress this enough! Don't use tab on the first thing that hits you, it can cost you the game, if the enemy knows how to capitalize on it.
  • When your tab is spec'd to Daze, remember to take advantage of that and tab when enemy is in striking distance. (3m)
  • Learn to Drop combo if you're playing a Des/BD. Drop combo is a Full duration grab, which lets the target naturally fall out of the grab, unable to react to a follow-up control within 0.0-0.8ish seconds.
  • Remember to use you're strafe(E/Q) Not all classes have them but KFM/BD/BM/Sin do. Take advantage of that, classes you may think are OP (Des) can be completely shut down by just holding or tapping E/Q to dodge their gap closers which is also their CC.
  • Learn what every classes escape animations look like -> Escapes (Shoutout to Laguna for this Video)

Basic PvP Builds:

These aren't set in stone, you may prefer something different, that's perfectly fine. This is just for the people who need a stepping stone in the right direction. 

Also if there is a build you feel might be better, let me know, I'll put it here and give credit.

Destroyer-

45 build:

Basic

Blade Dancer-

45 build: This is the BD build i used for CBT, it's still pretty relevant :3

Basic

Blade Master- This is from the one and only Diamond Blade Master on NA, Cassis/S_PvP If you're trying to improve you're BM game, Check him out.

45 build:

vs BM/KFM

vs Sin

vs BD/Des

vs Sum/FM

KungFu Master-

45 Build:

Basic

Assassin-  I have multiple builds for this thanks to "Suk" a top Korean Assassin. (He also plays other classes)

45 build: 

vs BM 

vs sum

vs KFM

vs FM

vs Sin

vs BD/Des

Force Master-

45 build:

Basic

Summoner-

45 build: You don't need a build just watch your cat win for you. JKJK, I'll add one when I find one.

Warlock- Coming Soon

Thanks for the feedback guys, I really appreciate it!

4 hours ago, DragonH said:

Why i go on the build pages but dont see wich skills the guy distributed the points? =S

Hmm, I can see them. What browser are you using and which build pages are you trying to look at?

On 1/30/2016 at 1:51 AM, Yuma said:

As of right now, everyone is having questions about Arena, and how to "git gud". So I'll help out fellow bomani.

Some of these tips might be what you are missing to climb the ladder~

I will constantly update this guide, when I learn something or get a suggestion of what to add to the guide.

Also, I'll give credit to anyone who helps add stuff to this :3

Arena ranking:

Bronze- 1300 - 1349

Silver- 1350 - 1599

Gold- 1600 - 1899

Platinum- 1900 - 2099

Diamond- 2100+

NOTE: All keys said are default keys.

|Key terms:|

Bomani = A term used in TA/CBT for a person under 1600. Before low elo players were called "opponent", it was Bomani. (#BringBackBomani)

CC/Crowd Control = Anything that disables the enemy. ie- Stuns/Dazes/Knockdowns
KD = Knockdown
Tech[F] = rolling out of groggies or knockdowns

Tech chasing = frame perfect control follow up on enemy techs

Tab/Escape/Trinket = escape mechanism

Tab/Escape/Trinket chasing = frame perfect control follow up on enemy trinket(s)

iframe = invulnerability frame(s) within an animation

Neutral Game = Neither player has a positional advantage (often times when both players are at 10m-20m range)

Okay, Now to the basics, I'll get into class specifics at a later time.

• I can't stress this enough! Don't use tab on the first thing that hits you, it can cost you the game, if the enemy knows how to capitalize on it.
  • When your tab is spec'd to Daze, remember to take advantage of that and tab when enemy is in striking distance. (3m)
  • Learn to Drop combo if you're playing a Des/BD. Drop combo is a Full duration grab, which lets the target naturally fall out of the grab, unable to react to a follow-up control within 0.0-0.8ish seconds.
  • Remember to use you're strafe(E/Q) Not all classes have them but KFM/BD/BM/Sin do. Take advantage of that, classes you may think are OP (Des) can be completely shut down by just holding or tapping E/Q to dodge their gap closers which is also their CC.
  • Learn what every classes escape animations look like -> Escapes (Shoutout to Laguna for this Video)

Basic PvP Builds:

These aren't set in stone, you may prefer something different, that's perfectly fine. This is just for the people who need a stepping stone in the right direction. 

Also if there is a build you feel might be better, let me know, I'll put it here and give credit.

Destroyer-

45 build:

Basic

Blade Dancer-

45 build: This is the BD build i used for CBT, it's still pretty relevant :3

Basic

Blade Master- This is from the one and only Diamond Blade Master on NA, Cassis/S_PvP If you're trying to improve you're BM game, Check him out.

45 build:

vs BM/KFM

vs Sin

vs BD/Des

vs Sum/FM

KungFu Master-

45 Build:

Basic

Assassin-  I have multiple builds for this thanks to "Suk" a top Korean Assassin. (He also plays other classes)

45 build: 

vs BM 

vs sum

vs KFM

vs FM

vs Sin

vs BD/Des

Force Master-

45 build:

Basic

Summoner-

45 build: You don't need a build just watch your cat win for you. JKJK, I'll add one when I find one.

Warlock- Coming Soon

Thank you... Thank you I hope the "bomani" use this the QQ levels are nauseating 

2 hours ago, Hideakii said:

It should be sticked indeed! 

Ps: We need more SMN love <3

I'm trying to get at least a basic summoner build for people to get started with but its pretty problematic because I'm not friends with any top tier summoners ;w;

I'll ask vanguards next time he streams~

29 minutes ago, Duckfat said:

Thank you... Thank you I hope the "bomani" use this the QQ levels are nauseating 

To be honest, I was trying to help cut back on some of the QQing threads but its only getting worse :\

Its getting so bad i stared posting about how this game is a bit different than others.  The skill cap is much higher.  Im just afraid they will "dumb it down" and incrementally remove the skill needed (who knows maybe 1 button combos).  Im having a great time with this game so far and I hope it stays difficult.

49 minutes ago, Sader said:

What's the point of the builds if there is no guide on how to play them?

Do you honestly expect one person to find/write up detailed guides for each and every build? 

You could have googled and found specific guides in the time it took you to whine about him not including any.

1 hour ago, Tteunaegi said:

Do you honestly expect one person to find/write up detailed guides for each and every build? 

You could have googled and found specific guides in the time it took you to whine about him not including any.

unfortunately I have searched and googled for an updated guide for blade master for the NA/EU version and I have failed to find a decent one so far, not only for pvp, but for pve.

On 2/1/2016 at 3:22 PM, Yed said:

Jun Ho also has some lv45 BM builds he put on his Twitch profile for NA/EU players, he's like the best BM in Korea. http://www.twitch.tv/hanjunho/profile

I'll have to check it out :o

On 2/1/2016 at 4:30 PM, Duckfat said:

Its getting so bad i stared posting about how this game is a bit different than others.  The skill cap is much higher.  Im just afraid they will "dumb it down" and incrementally remove the skill needed (who knows maybe 1 button combos).  Im having a great time with this game so far and I hope it stays difficult.

You don't have to worry about that, they're avoiding "dumbing" things down because they won't the pvp to stay unique.

On 2/1/2016 at 4:53 PM, xarvin said:

Does gear have absolutely no effect on arenas? not even the Soul Shield?

Gear has no effect not even soulshields. Don't worry about it!

5 hours ago, Sader said:

What's the point of the builds if there is no guide on how to play them?

I apologize I couldn't give a detailed guide on how to play every class. I gave the basic builds for every class, I'll try to be more descriptive as possible, but watching videos of said class WILL improve your gameplay. 

3 hours ago, Sader said:

unfortunately I have searched and googled for an updated guide for blade master for the NA/EU version and I have failed to find a decent one so far, not only for pvp, but for pve.

My builds for BM should help, with watching a few top NA/EU BM's streams/vods should help you also. They're open to questions when they are streaming so you should check them out, if needed I can link their streams :3

Archived