Regium Corvus In-game vs. Concept Art

MrRetro

So, yesterday I received my Regium Corvus outfit from the Daily Dash, and I really rather like it. It's truly a lovely outfit. However, I noticed today that it's not actually true to the concept art.

Here is a comparison between the concept art (on the left) and what we got in-game (on the right):

Iy1ZHUH.jpg

Let's play Spot the Difference (here's what I can find, roughly in descending order of importance):

- no race has the proper legwear (!)

- Jin and Yun have the same neckline as Gon (!)

- Lyn have the same decoration hanging from their waist as the other races

- Yun are missing one of the decorations at their waist

- Jin and Yun have the same exact boots as Gon (they are slightly different than Gon boots, I think)

Perhaps I'm being ungrateful, but there are quite a few (in my opinion) rather big changes that were made. Esyllincott did such a wonderful job with her design--and one of the great things about it is that it has unique differences and details between all of the races (at least the female outfits). Having unique outfits between the races is also in keeping with the rest of the game. Just about every outfit in-game has those differences, and I really think it's one of the many reasons Blade and Soul is such a great game. It is particularly disappointing that the outfits' legwear and necklines were completely ignored when implemented in-game. Without detracting from the wonderful work NCSoft has already done with these, this seems like a terrible oversight or, worse, just plain laziness. Perhaps these details were cut due to cost and time restraints, but surely a little extra work should've gone into these commemorative launch outfits?

Please NCSoft, please give us the truly wonderful outfits Esyllincott designed for us!

(I figured this wasn't a bug or anything, so this was the only forum that seemed right. Sorry if it's in the wrong place!)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I kind of agree, the biggest part that they stressed during the costume contest was to make the outfit look DIFFERENT between each race.

The artist did that, but then in game they went ahead and slapped the same top on all the girls and gave them all NO PANTS. I liked the outfit because it was more on the conservative side, but then suddenly no pants lol

Just now, Sachi said:

I do hope they change it to match the concept art :/ I really liked the concept art..

Exactly, people voted for the concept art and they didn't get it. It's like they ran out of time and did as little as possible after roughing in the basic look.

19 minutes ago, Sparkytart said:

I kind of agree, the biggest part that they stressed during the costume contest was to make the outfit look DIFFERENT between each race.

The artist did that, but then in game they went ahead and slapped the same top on all the girls and gave them all NO PANTS. I liked the outfit because it was more on the conservative side, but then suddenly no pants lol

Well from what I have learned from life experience, when people have to choose between females with pants, or without pants, they usually would rather see them without pants. Besides females that don't wear pants, most often get ahead.

oh wait that didn't come out right....er no that's not working either...ok nothing is going to bring me back from this, but I still cannot bring myself to hit backspace and start over.

Don't mean to offend anyone, I was trying to make an honest point, and when I read it back it was all...innuendo-ish. The fact I didn't mean it to be, made it that much better....lol 

1 minute ago, Anna said:

Although I get your complain, yeah, you're being very ungrateful. At least the outfit is free for NA/EU, unlike in Tera, where the contest winner's outfits have to be bought.

It's not being ungrateful at all, my issue is that it comes off (to me) as disrespectful towards the outfit's designer. Hey, you got voted for and went to the top, here you go, HALF your costume is in game now. 

If it had the pants then I wouldn't care, but literally half of the outfit wasn't put in game and a lot of design elements ignored.

Just now, Sparkytart said:

It's not being ungrateful at all, my issue is that it comes off (to me) as disrespectful towards the outfit's designer. Hey, you got voted for and went to the top, here you go, HALF your costume is in game now. 

If it had the pants then I wouldn't care, but literally half of the outfit wasn't put in game and a lot of design elements ignored.

If you feel that strongly about the unfairness towards the artist, delete the costume as a sign of your protest.

4 minutes ago, Anna said:

If you feel that strongly about the unfairness towards the artist, delete the costume as a sign of your protest.

I'm not in an outrage about anything, and I'm not sure why deleting an item would prove anything lol.

The forum topic was about the outfit being very far from the submitted design, and I agree with the OP, and stated my opinion. That isn't us being ungrateful or outraged..

Point being, the outfit still had the core design. It's not completely unrecognisable. Maybe the concept art didn't translate well into the game. Maybe the leggings made it look like you had lubed up eels for legs. You guys just complain too much.

Putting aside my earlier comment, *cough* I see the point, but if we haven't heard from artist protesting why their outfit was implemented wrong, it really shouldn't bother to many people. But I do like the original designs better. I just don't know if its really worth making an entire thread about. I'm sure if the artist wanted they could e-mail the correct people and be kind of like, " uh what up with that?"

I do think adding the leggings from the originals would be cool though.

@Anna I'm sorry that you feel we're complaining "too much," but this was a pretty disappointing thing to come across. Also, plenty of the other outfits make you look like you have "lubed up eels for legs." ;)

Edit: @MrNiN Perhaps it's wrong to speak too much for the artist, but that doesn't get rid of the disappointment I personally felt upon noticing this.

11 minutes ago, MrRetro said:

@MrNiN Ignoring some parts of your post (lol) and getting more on-topic, they aren't even pants. They're thigh-highs and leggings. Plenty of BnS outfits have them (and plenty of them don't), I don't see why this should've been an exception.

You know you loved it. It wasn't even intentional, but I laughed and wanted to share once I realized what I had wrote. Enjoy.  

The concept art looks so much better. The neckline homogenization I can live with, but without the black leggings, the outfit looks... horribly incomplete to me. The leggings make it classy. Bare skin turns it into just another miniskirt.

@MrRetro, again, please feel free to delete the outfit. You're right, and should exhibit your disapproval towards NCSoft's (or whoever the original publisher is) unjust actions by deleting the outfit. How dare they spend time, money, and resources on making a costume incorrectly!

1 minute ago, Anna said:

@MrRetro, again, please feel free to delete the outfit. You're right, and should exhibit your disapproval towards NCSoft's (or whoever the original publisher is) unjust actions by deleting the outfit. How dare they spend time, money, and resources on making a costume incorrectly!

You kind of seem the most upset out of anyone in this thread in the first place for going around tossing mini insults. It's just a game, and can be critiqued lol

1 minute ago, Anna said:

Well that's just snarkly...golly gee, pick fights much? lol

In truth I don't care I am just being goofy tonight.

@Anna Again, I'm exhibiting disapproval by bringing it up in the forums. I generally think they've done a great job, I just think there are some things they ignored (or missed or whatever) and should fix/implement. No reason why deleting the outfit is the only response to this.

Also, if I deleted it, where would my outfit be if they actually did change it? :)

My goodness, who would have thought something so low brow would have effected so many people. meh.

I would like to add though, and hate me if you want but I don't like the shall portion of the outfit at all...Looks terrible in my opinion. My grandma used to wear a shall. Not sexy. Not even if you put the person wearing a shall in the rest of that... if a girl came up to me wearing the outfit asked me to come back to her place...I would ask her to first take off the shall.

Keep'n it light.

I like the legging/pants concept more tbh.

But I can't take your complaint seriously, even TERA outfit contest winners they said the design in game might be altered.

Me also being a artist, if I design a costume, and win the contest I entered it in, and even if they made changes to its look in game, I'd still be grateful they even chose my design and that other people can wear it all.

Unless the original designer is upset about the changes I just see this as being whiney.

Archived