Forums

Bot hackers ruined the game (MUST SEE FOR LATE GAME) - video + evidence + GG BnS

DarkkyShadow

Why do gamers these days not understand the difference between multi boxing and botting ?

its not that hard for them to have 20-30 chars linked in a multibox and all use skills at the same time, Tele at the same time blah blah blah

As for hacking , clearly they have worked out how to eithe completely remove or bypass this version of GG, the teleporting bots remind me of FFXIV reborn.

Yes there are definitely bots and hackers in the game but in this video seems more like multi boxing gold farmers 

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Axciel said:

majority of the bots come from china, herpderp

Trust me. These types of bots are actual Chinese players making an investment and selling stuff for gold and then selling that gold for real life money because it pays better doing this, than working some job in China. =/

Also why not PK those bots?

3 minutes ago, Axciel said:

majority of the bots come from china, herpderp why do you think other global games ip block china?

Actually that's not the case now. The bot problem has now reached out from Russia and Romania.

These are not bots. I actually commented on the situation as I witnessed such a scene today at around 1am EST and one replied to me with very broken english that they were not bots.

They are not bots but gold farmers dominating the Misty Moonwater Key market to collect the gold they sell. I personally don't mind since they kill bosses pretty quickly and thus makes my life a bit easier but I have to admit that this is unacceptable. I do hope something will be done about them since they are obviously part of an illegal group. They might not be botting but they are part of a network that has to be stopped... There is over 20 pages of 10 misty keys stacks on the broker at 1g60s... That market is long gone and can no longer be considered reasonable.

23 minutes ago, Hitoshura said:

These are not bots. I actually commented on the situation as I witnessed such a scene today at around 1am EST and one replied to me with very broken english that they were not bots.

They are not bots but gold farmers dominating the Misty Moonwater Key market to collect the gold they sell. I personally don't mind since they kill bosses pretty quickly and thus makes my life a bit easier but I have to admit that this is unacceptable. I do hope something will be done about them since they are obviously part of an illegal group. They might not be botting but they are part of a network that has to be stopped... There is over 20 pages of 10 misty keys stacks on the broker at 1g60s... That market is long gone and can no longer be considered reasonable.

Exactly. They are Chinese players. You can't find that robotic like discipline and unison anywhere else, and you can tell they aren't bots cause they display some different patterns and different choices in clothing and cat as well as names, if you look carefully at their names you will see that they are mostly Chinese names too.

You can't really do anything about them because they are indeed real players. =/

1 hour ago, Zarozian said:

Exactly. They are Chinese players. You can't find that robotic like discipline and unison anywhere else, and you can tell they aren't bots cause they display some different patterns and different choices in clothing and cat as well as names, if you look carefully at their names you will see that they are mostly Chinese names too.

You can't really do anything about them because they are indeed real players. =/

EVEN if they are players, it is still illegal to use hack/glitch on the boss for gold farming profit.

And they are not even allowed to play on US server if they are from China. If they are using VPN, GMs should do something about it. Because it is messing up the economy and late game.

Don't see any real evidence of botting, I just see a coordinated group farming, and looking at how you have 24k hp I can tell you aren't very geared. "They aren't even dying" and like 20 people died lol, Their pathing is all different, moving around individually, of course one guy could have scripted all of that but I really doubt it. You figure they're all bots because they don't say anything?  so that equals bots behavior? no. that equals a coordinated group using some kind of voice communication LOL, Hack? more like exploit. come on now even If they are botting, you haven't proved anything in my eyes, you say master yoki is not a bot, yet she is in rookie and switches channels with them at the same time. hahaha

On 1/30/2016 at 1:49 AM, DarkkyShadow said:

However, this kind of botting is the first time I have ever seen... This scale. This speed. This organization. This efficiency of a boss grinder. BnS just opened my eyes around how horrible bots can get in a game. 

Yeah, typical scene you see 24x7 on TW. Fact of the matter is, GameGuard is useless as hack/bot prevention.

They all:

stand together

performs the same moves

same behaviors

same class type

On a more personal note: once my premiums are done via founder pack, I will not be funding BnS anymore until the spammers/bots are removed from the game.

Posted 3 hours ago · Report post

Why do gamers these days not understand the difference between multi boxing and botting ?

Because people are too stupid to understand that a human cannot react to an action within 1/2 seconds for a given game and multi-boxed the said game perfectly. This isn't EVE-Online. They are bots.

lot people here are clueless about bots, it shows you really didn't use bots at all. 
I used already a lot bots/hacks when i was much younger because was fun(at that time) and also i was amazed how this programs work, it's really fascinating seeing computer to do all the things you tell him xD. I had a bot for mmorpg sold to *cof*cof*gameforge which i would draw a path for the bot to do things like farm me things and use potion when i was 40%HP left(i could select %) or like i could skip the entire dungeon and go to final boss and i never got banned(paid bot not free bot).

the bot clearly can do all the things you want to do, the programmer just need be good.

The fact that there were a ton of them and they were organized, doesn't mean they were bots.. Porting in all at the same time? again, not to concerning. No one taking damage?! That was what got me! I have yet to make it to that area so I can't say for sure what that bosses attacks should be doing, but you were all clearly getting hit by his shockwaves and not taking any damage! Kind of worrying that that type of "godmode" will make its way to faction battles or the Arena..

Here is something really funny guys. DarkkyShadow is a famous hacker himself from a few other games such as Aion. He used to play on the Siel server. I can't remember if he was banned or quit but either way there was video proof against him. You can easily find it using google. When people started calling him out he created a crapload of threads on the forums and threatened to keep doing so no matter how many times they blocked the new forum accounts he made or his IP. Don't take a word he says seriously and if anyone is hacking for sure in this game it is him.

1 hour ago, GreenDestiny said:

Here is something really funny guys. DarkkyShadow is a famous hacker himself from a few other games such as Aion. He used to play on the Siel server. I can't remember if he was banned or quit but either way there was video proof against him. You can easily find it using google. When people started calling him out he created a crapload of threads on the forums and threatened to keep doing so no matter how many times they blocked the new forum accounts he made or his IP. Don't take a work he says seriously and if anyone is hacking for sure in this game it is him.

Instead of bringing up the past about someone in a different game how about we stay on topic. This thread isnt about bashing this specific person for hacking in another game, this thread is meant to converse about the video. If you have nothing to contribute to the actual topic at hand i would like to please ask that you only read the thread instead of commenting useless facts about someone, specifically OP. Who cares if he hacked another game, as long as he does NOT attempt to on this game. Refocus on this topic, and stop bashing someone because of random things. 

Even a new-comer like me don't need to see that video to believe that this game is plagued with bots. Proof are those GOLDCEO gold sellers/ real money transaction (RMT) messages that fill my chatbox. No normal person would pertinently spam those messages, like once every second or so, for hours. Many players might have gotten used with them, but they're not exactly normal to begin with.

ljtNQ5H.png

Going back to the video, there may be legitimate players there, but the possibility of bots also being there exist. They don't need to be coordinated. They only need to know where the target spawns and just attack on their own, without a care for the other bots. Also, they have this predefined minimum space between them -- since if they follow the same AI, having them overlap is a giveaway of them being bots. Which is quite ironic in a sense, since you'd find them (a group of bots) almost uniformly spaced from each other instead.

I've seen bots used on lots of MMOs already, I won't be surprised if there are on this game too. Years is plenty of time to have one. I'd say, they just need to modify the login server IP of such bots from China to NA at the bare minimum.

I like this game and I certainly do hope GMs can do something about them early on.

those said these are not bots guess u guys never see how the bot program look like. 

it just using msdos and no need to open the application.

1 computer can handle 10~20 accounts.

this kinda program already exist since Ragnarok Online era.

I bet the old gamers already try this out when RO era, GM secretly allow it coz bots=$$. becoz RO pay monthly subscription.

they just kick few unlucky bots to show they done something.

But these bots in BnS look more like Granado Espada (2nd famous MMO after RO more than 10 years ago) bots. but look more advance.

maybe they shouldnt allow players using VPN anymore. then they should region lock the infamous china since they have there own server anyways. then it should be easier for them to ban hackers by not being overloaded with spammers and bots.

region lock those who has there own servers.

3 hours ago, 846806_1452550169 said:

They're awfully coordinated. I don't know, with real players you tend to see some sort of variation. There is just something eerie about this level of organization

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsDY1Ha83M8

Go to 3:00 and watch to 5:45. 

That sort of organization and coordination is very easy for them. ;>

Just because they are coordinated it doesn't mean they're bots. 

First of all, the video is incredibly whiny. I understand where the person recording is coming from but throughout the video he keeps repeating the same thing over and over again. That made the video really frustrating to watch. I was so close to muting the sound on the video.

Second, the AoE "glitch". There IS such thing as an AoE cap. That's why the cat died, but OP did not, and a few other's cats died/knockdown as well. You can even clearly see the boss knocking some of the players down and they walked around the boss to attack it. 

Third, the way they jumped "the exact same way" doesn't mean anything. In fact, I can see a few of them wall climbing instead of just jumping. The person in the video commented that they did not even miss their jumps... Excuse me, since when is jumping a hard feat? My idea is that they've probably done this a lot, so something like that should not be difficult. At all. 

My verdict is they are probably just Chinese players (or similar players who are just farming). If they are using VPN for this practice then OP is right, NCsoft should definitely look into this and find a way to curb these players as they this practice ultimately mess up the game's economy and play experience (though I am all for VPN for legit players, but that's a whole other story). However, I thought that some of them could be in a region that is not blocked and since that's not against the rules, so there's really nothing they can do.

Archived