FM ember stacks individuality

dmoe33

So as a FM using burn its REALLY anoying when another FM is using auto detonate or manual detonate without burn its not their fault but its anoying, so wouldn't it be better if ember stacks were individual to the player? I dont see how itll be OP or break da game itll make it a lot smoother with multiple FMs. Is there any other classes that have some weird cross class effect that differs or is it only FM cause if this change is made itll be better overall if it wasnt just 1 class

Thoughts?

You refer to ember/chill debuffs? This may not be a bad idea, especially since certain FM rotations require the proper stacks (ones that use detonation damage for example).

It's more of an issue with world bosses than anything. Often I'll focus on ice-builds because they're least obstructed by rotations (and freeze is easier to proc).

4 minutes ago, DBug said:

You refer to ember/chill debuffs? This may not be a bad idea, especially since certain FM rotations require the proper stacks (ones that use detonation damage for example).

It's more of an issue with world bosses than anything. Often I'll focus on ice-builds because they're least obstructed by rotations (and freeze is easier to proc).

Yea i use burn cause i like it and it does a lotta dmg but when there is another fm or even multiple it gets anoying with ember stacks cause it really throws me and i bet others off also embers stack fast enough with jus 1 FM with 2 its almost instantly 5 stacks so I think itll be better if each player had their own status 

For damage I use a hybrid build that really doesn't rely on embers for damage (Blaze Palm ftw), it allows me to utilize the dual-dragons skill much more quickly without compromising defense or offense.

This is primarily due to not having to rely on stack detonation, something other FMs can benefit from as the setup add stacks very quickly if raw DPS is the goal.

3 minutes ago, DBug said:

For damage I use a hybrid build that really doesn't rely on embers for damage (Blaze Palm ftw), it allows me to utilize the dual-dragons skill much more quickly without compromising defense or offense.

This is primarily due to not having to rely on stack detonation, something other FMs can benefit from as the setup add stacks very quickly if raw DPS is the goal.

Eh using duel drags is kinda a dps loss imo blaze beam+blaze palm+ frost palm spam seems like the way to go for any build as they are spammable requires 3 focus total and get quite a significant boost in dmg when enemy is burned which i calculated per rotation does about 5k ish dmg per 0.8s (apparently the time it takes to cast all 3 skills) with my current weapon lvl and Apwr non crit with crit blaze beam itself does like 7-8k ish 

3 minutes ago, dmoe33 said:

Eh using duel drags is kinda a dps loss imo blaze beam+blaze palm+ frost palm spam seems like the way to go for any build as they are spammable requires 3 focus total and get quite a significant boost in dmg when enemy is burned which i calculated per rotation does about 5k ish dmg per 0.8s (apparently the time it takes to cast all 3 skills) with my current weapon lvl and Apwr non crit with crit blaze beam itself does like 7-8k ish 

I use dual-dragons to end a rotation, not in the middle of it. Using the ability with a certain skilltree recovers 5 Focus, getting a nice 15k crit along with it is a bonus.

It offsets the small cast time anyway.

4 hours ago, dmoe33 said:

So as a FM using burn its REALLY anoying when another FM is using auto detonate or manual detonate without burn its not their fault but its anoying, so wouldn't it be better if ember stacks were individual to the player? I dont see how itll be OP or break da game itll make it a lot smoother with multiple FMs. Is there any other classes that have some weird cross class effect that differs or is it only FM cause if this change is made itll be better overall if it wasnt just 1 class

Thoughts?

While in random dungeons and zone bosses when u don know other party members, it can be annoying, in those cases other specs can be used if necessary, but think of it this way, if its a clan party doing dungeon or zone boss together, wouldnt it be so cool to add the possiblity of forever spamming 2 with 100% uptime ice Z if ice build or have 1 fm specifically took over the reapply burn job and rest forever spamming RL2, i think its a good idea but havent try it out yet :D

14 hours ago, DBug said:

Would you mind posting your build (a link on http://bnstree.com would be awesome!)? I'm still trying to figure out my FM's builds so any examples or advice I can get would be very helpful.

Apparently this topic was already being discussed but I created a new topic on it. I completely agree, this mechanic is very dumb when playing in a public environment. If another FM doesn't spec into #1 impact for burn, all you do is spam impact and auto attack until burn sticks. And from my knowledge there isn't a comparable build in terms of damage so there isn't an alternative

35 minutes ago, Eremoo said:

Apparently this topic was already being discussed but I created a new topic on it. I completely agree, this mechanic is very dumb when playing in a public environment. If another FM doesn't spec into #1 impact for burn, all you do is spam impact and auto attack until burn sticks. And from my knowledge there isn't a comparable build in terms of damage so there isn't an alternative

Yea i agree, to my knowledge there is no other class mirrors that clash with each other it seems they actually complement eachother, if there wasnt any extra effects u can get from detonations then it wouldent be a problem it just sucks that FM (again to my knowledge) is the only class that it actually hurts to have more then 1 in party 

On 1/30/2016 at 0:50 PM, Zephan said:

Would you mind posting your build (a link on http://bnstree.com would be awesome!)? I'm still trying to figure out my FM's builds so any examples or advice I can get would be very helpful.

That website doesn't have the current skilltrees, I tried to match it as close as possible to my current build:

https://bnstree.com/FM?build=4500000255312564138111265113943125032380111062125123235213001124131110212493124311

Archived