How to get through the leveling?

seio12

16 hours ago, seio12 said:

I can't stand the leveling.

All you do is quest.

You have to take the quest, spend a minute running to the area you're supposed to quest in. Then you kill the mobs, or gather stuff, which you have to wait for to spawn. Then you have to run back again, taking another minute or two, and lastly you have to run around a way too large area to leave in quests... Then you have to run around again to get the new quests.

I just cannot do that, I'm not gonna manage to get to max level before I quit the game out of boredom.

Is there any other way to level efficiently? Like soloing dungeons?

Umm, huh ?

you hate the questing leveling but are wanting to grind levels in dungeons ??? Quests can be done as fast as you want to, just hit "F" as fast as you can and ignore all the dialogue. Doing this will be about the same as grinding dungeons. You are kind of ridiculous.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, kittenesse said:

okay. Well, hopefully I can find some people who can dungeon with me, otherwise I guess it's just grinding dailies and quests until I'm high enough to solo.

I thought it was easy to find group to do dungeon with F7.  It's not easy for you?

2 minutes ago, Dradiinmmo said:

Umm, huh ?

you hate the questing leveling but are wanting to grind levels in dungeons ??? Quests can be done as fast as you want to, just hit "F" as fast as you can and ignore all the dialogue. Doing this will be about the same as grinding dungeons. You are kind of ridiculous.

It's not the same, at all.

In a dungeon, all I have to do is go to the entrance.

Then, I go into it, I start pulling mobs and kill the mobs. While having to play well, and concentrate on not messing up. Then I get to the bosses, which can be difficult fights, and I'll get some loot that  I can sell or use (only a bonus).

if it's soloing group dungeons, or playing in a group, it's fine either way (I'd prefer a party though), just as long as the XP is good enough.

When questing, you're spending 90% of the time trying to find the mob you need to kill, or the thing you're supposed to gather, and running between grabbing quests and where you're supposed to perform the quests.

You must be new to MMOs.  Compared to most mmo's out there the leveling is pretty fast paced especially for the leveling  stigma that is attached to most korean mmos.  I hit 45 on my assassin in probaly 3-4 days played, would have been faster if i wasn't enjoying the story, taking in the beautiful sights and setting time aside for gathering and crafting.

1 hour ago, kittenesse said:

I'm level 21 on my summoner. Was trying to do the blackram daily and ended up getting my butt kicked up, down, and sideways. ;_;

I will point out THIS is group content dungeon .. you are unlikely to solo it ..

USE the cross server to run it if you can't find a group ..

trouble with this game is that they DO give you dungeons you can solo while most games it is simply understood that dungeons are group content period 

17 minutes ago, seio12 said:

It's not the same, at all.

In a dungeon, all I have to do is go to the entrance.

Then, I go into it, I start pulling mobs and kill the mobs. While having to play well, and concentrate on not messing up. Then I get to the bosses, which can be difficult fights, and I'll get some loot that  I can sell or use (only a bonus).

if it's soloing group dungeons, or playing in a group, it's fine either way (I'd prefer a party though), just as long as the XP is good enough.

When questing, you're spending 90% of the time trying to find the mob you need to kill, or the thing you're supposed to gather, and running between grabbing quests and where you're supposed to perform the quests.

So wait..... you get to go instantly  to a dungeon and get garbage exps, or you can find the quest mob/objective and get huge exps ? You would prefer the first ?

Just now, Kensho1996 said:

I will point out THIS is group content dungeon .. you are unlikely to solo it ..

USE the cross server to run it if you can't find a group ..

trouble with this game is that they DO give you dungeons you can solo while most games it is simply understood that dungeons are group content period 

I guess it's because I'm a bit antisocial on MMOs. This and Aion are my first MMOs that I have been trying to be active in clans, groups and in forums. :P 

2 minutes ago, Dradiinmmo said:

So wait..... you get to go instantly  to a dungeon and get garbage exps, or you can find the quest mob/objective and get huge exps ? You would prefer the first ?

Why would you get garbage XP from a dungeon? It being that way in BnS is the problem.

I much rather have fun while leveling up, than to do a desk job to level up.

2 hours ago, Enhance said:

Or like DD2 - every max level character gives account-wide 30% exp bonus.

But exp doesn't seem to be the issue. Even if you hit 45 somewhere in Cinderlands, so what? You still have to complete the main story for access to next areas (and quests) etc.

Welp, changing the quest system to be area-based rather than progression-based would be a simple fix (As in, chapter X in everdusk would still lead you eventually to chapter XX in jadestone, but you can also go directly to the first main-storyline quest in the jadestone area if you are a high enough level)

so for example i couldn't hop into the middle of a storyline on songshu isle, but I can go directly from jadestone to the first songshu isle quest (skipping the P__ vale, forget the name) if I am a high enough level

11 hours ago, xland44 said:

Welp, changing the quest system to be area-based rather than progression-based would be a simple fix (As in, chapter X in everdusk would still lead you eventually to chapter XX in jadestone, but you can also go directly to the first main-storyline quest in the jadestone area if you are a high enough level)

so for example i couldn't hop into the middle of a storyline on songshu isle, but I can go directly from jadestone to the first songshu isle quest (skipping the P__ vale, forget the name) if I am a high enough level

That would make no sense in story, however *you need to learn riding dragon pulses to cross the broken bridge, for example, or look for mushin's legacy etc), ruining the integrity completely. From that point on doing quests becomes an exp convenience rather than a story.

I'm pretty sure the only quests that couldn't follow that method would be the ones considered 'main story' quests. All the side stuff wouldn't be hurt at all (though some text might need to be ammended to accomodate the paradigm, of course).

The lack of alternative levelling paths is disappointing and will hurt the game. There's only so much the different playstyles of the classes can achieve in amusing you. It also comes with the problem that if your players hate a certain area, they have no way to avoid it: they'll have to endure through the whole ugly Yokay business or whatever with every single character.

On 1/30/2016 at 8:43 PM, seio12 said:

I can't stand the leveling.

All you do is quest.

You have to take the quest, spend a minute running to the area you're supposed to quest in. Then you kill the mobs, or gather stuff, which you have to wait for to spawn. Then you have to run back again, taking another minute or two, and lastly you have to run around a way too large area to leave in quests... Then you have to run around again to get the new quests.

I just cannot do that, I'm not gonna manage to get to max level before I quit the game out of boredom.

Is there any other way to level efficiently? Like soloing dungeons?

You sound kinda lazy.. anyway you might want to give Elsword a try

Archived