How to get through the leveling?

seio12

3 minutes ago, Iduno said:

my alts

That is something that worries me.

I cannot imagine going through this quest grind again, for every single alt.

This is defenitly something they have to fix. Like increase dungeon XP, or PvP XP.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, it wouldn't be so daunting if it was like ESO where you got like 3 different questlines with different stuff to do depending on the faction then I'd be all for just going through the quests on alts, but here I'm really hoping there is a more efficient grinding method than "Do the same things you just done but mash F at the text and Esc at the cutscenes".

They should do a system like in Dofus/Wakfu, where each time you create an alt, it gets an exp multiplier until it reaches the level of your main

for example if I have a level 40 main, my level 20 alt will have an x2 multiplier until it reaches level 40. my third alt, my level 10 alt will have an x3 multiplier until it reaches level 20

3 hours ago, seio12 said:

The rewards for losing in PvP seem to low, maybe I could still enjoy it.

I tried doing the pokey dungeon by myself... But it was impossible. I was basically locked in place because of laggy it was, being rubber banded back if I tried to move out of the AoE things.

Cross server always just pairs you up with high levels, so all you do is sit back and watch them kill everything.

Maybe it was my class choice, KFM had maybe been the better choice, over destroyer.

I must've played at least 10 hours, and I'm only level 26. I have been doing some stuff other than questing though, like trying to figure out how the enchanting system works.

questing has never been intended to be difficult. Adding an alternative way to level, like soloing dungeons, or fighting something equivalent to a BAM, would be harder, and much more fun.

Litterally all you do in this game is press 1, to stun, then you spam LMB, RMB, LMB, RMB, then you can knock down everything again, and then spam LMB, RMB, LMB, RMB.

I really don't think this game is about the story, as far as I've gathered, it's about PvP. They made a huge mistake if they thought people would be all into the story of the game, they should've been working on environments, dungeons, and so on, if they wanted their work to be enjoyed.

If all you are doing while questing is spamming LMB, RMB, LMB, RMB, then you can knock down everything again, and then spam LMB, RMB, LMB, RMB, then that's all your going to be doing in PvP.  Sorry to say but there are a lot more combo skills and strategy than what you are saying.  If that is what you are doing, then no wonder you aren't having fun.  You haven't learned, or aren't using, any of your combos lol

14 minutes ago, xland44 said:

They should do a system like in Dofus/Wakfu, where each time you create an alt, it gets an exp multiplier until it reaches the level of your main

for example if I have a level 40 main, my level 20 alt will have an x2 multiplier until it reaches level 40. my third alt, my level 10 alt will have an x3 multiplier until it reaches level 20

Or like DD2 - every max level character gives account-wide 30% exp bonus.

But exp doesn't seem to be the issue. Even if you hit 45 somewhere in Cinderlands, so what? You still have to complete the main story for access to next areas (and quests) etc.

My only issue with the game is not being able to solo dungeons very well. I play solo more often than not (idk why but it's harder to make friends on mmo's than on other games), and as much as I love parties, I see myself soloing field bosses or soloing each dungeon. 

At what level should it be easier to do dungeons solo?? 

2 minutes ago, kittenesse said:

My only issue with the game is not being able to solo dungeons very well. I play solo more often than not (idk why but it's harder to make friends on mmo's than on other games), and as much as I love parties, I see myself soloing field bosses or soloing each dungeon. 

At what level should it be easier to do dungeons solo?? 

It depends on your level and the dungeon.  Can I ask what your level is now?

15 hours ago, Virtue said:

i hit max level on the 2nd day of head start, and hit level 33 on an alt within 2 days, a week later. In fact, i've complined that the leveling was way too quick.

Im 24, i have a full time job, and still make time to get shit done.

if you have no patience for such things, you probably wont have the talent to keep up with the playerbase either. 

Put some effort into it.

You are by no means a "normal player". I have a fulltime job and put hours into this game and I'm hardly max level. I just hate when people like yourself use your own experience as a guide for others. 

9 minutes ago, BabygirlMinx said:

If all you are doing while questing is spamming LMB, RMB, LMB, RMB, then you can knock down everything again, and then spam LMB, RMB, LMB, RMB, then that's all your going to be doing in PvP.  Sorry to say but there are a lot more combo skills and strategy than what you are saying.  If that is what you are doing, then no wonder you aren't having fun.  You haven't learned, or aren't using, any of your combos lol

Normal mobs die from 1, into LMB, RMB, LMB, RMB, LMB, RMB

It's the fastest way to kill mobs, they will not survive long combos. The tougher ones sure... But it's not exactly a big deal.

Stun/knock them down, LMB, RMB, LMB, RMB, grab, smash it waiting for timer, ground fire, throw up and do the high damage, thing, knock down, LMB, RMB, LMB, RMB, the "smash skill", swipe knock down, LMB, RMB, LMB, RMB, etc.

Not exactly exciting, since you keep the mobs in a lock down through the whole thing. It's not like there's anything to read in the mob either.

12 minutes ago, BabygirlMinx said:

Very true. I'm actually starting to use the combos and trying to make sure I use them in the right order. It's been way more fun and intuitive than when I was just spamming RMB, LMB. Of course, there is still some spamming to get your chi up, but in dungeons those combos are a life saver! Literally!

1 minute ago, kittenesse said:

I'm level 21 on my summoner. Was trying to do the blackram daily and ended up getting my butt kicked up, down, and sideways. ;_;

hmm, i not sure why.  I did all of my dungeons solo when they sent me on the do all the dungeons quest and was able to all of them fine.  Have you done that quest yet?

2 minutes ago, seio12 said:

Normal mobs die from 1, into LMB, RMB, LMB, RMB, LMB, RMB

It's the fastest way to kill mobs, they will not survive long combos. The tougher ones sure... But it's not exactly a big deal.

Stun/knock them down, LMB, RMB, LMB, RMB, grab, smash it waiting for timer, ground fire, throw up and do the high damage, thing, knock down, LMB, RMB, LMB, RMB, the "smash skill", swipe knock down, LMB, RMB, LMB, RMB, etc.

Not exactly exciting, since you keep the mobs in a lock down through the whole thing. It's not like there's anything to read in the mob either.

mhm but you can make it exciting.  I don't do the same attacks every time I combat, I like to experiment and change it up a lot.  Sometimes I even run around getting a few mobs to chase me and then I try and beat them all up.  It becomes more chanllenging like that.  You have to be creative and spice it up yourself.  That's what makes combat so fun.  You can beat up mobs in lots of different ways not just the same way all the time.

2 minutes ago, BabygirlMinx said:

mhm but you can make it exciting.  I don't do the same attacks every time I combat, I like to experiment and change it up a lot.  Sometimes I even run around getting a few mobs to chase me and then I try and beat them all up.  It becomes more chanllenging like that.  You have to be creative and spice it up yourself.  That's what makes combat so fun.  You can beat up mobs in lots of different ways not just the same way all the time.

I can't, all I do is stand on the same place doing attacks, I don't, and literally can't, dodge anything.

Then pretty much all mobs die waaaaaay before i can actually do anything. There aren't especially many skills either, so I can't do that much "spicy" stuff.

I think I'm gonna try to play a KFM instead. Got to level 6 or 7, and it was decently fun with the block thing. Until I noticed the hair was clipping horribly... Now I don't know what to do, because I really like that character I made, but yun has no fitting hairs. Jin has some questionable, but then I have to try to recreate my yun somehow, but that seems to be impossible.

5 minutes ago, seio12 said:

I can't, all I do is stand on the same place doing attacks, I don't, and literally can't, dodge anything.

Then pretty much all mobs die waaaaaay before i can actually do anything. There aren't especially many skills either, so I can't do that much "spicy" stuff.

I think I'm gonna try to play a KFM instead. Got to level 6 or 7, and it was decently fun with the block thing. Until I noticed the hair was clipping horribly... Now I don't know what to do, because I really like that character I made, but yun has no fitting hairs. Jin has some questionable, but then I have to try to recreate my yun somehow, but that seems to be impossible.

I haven't tried bcause i like quests and leveling but one thing you can try is maybe skipping ahead to places where the monster become harder to beat.  What do you think?

From what I hear, leveling is extremely fast. You said you were still not max level due to having to enchant and deal with other things. Once you understand the other features of the game with your main, leveling should be much faster with alts since you won't bother reading, learning, etc. As for you main, you'll just have to sit through the leveling. One benefit of PvE is being able to see your new skills, try out new combos, and test your attacks in general before taking it to PvP.

I've never been a fan of PvE in general. But the running in this game is amazing imo. Just how fast you travel when you run the wind noise, all that stuff.
Also, BnS got a review recently. 5.2/10 by PCGamer or somethin'. Yet, it still praised the PvP of the game, but stated it was covered up with the PvE, which was reviewed negatively. So, as long as you get through leveling and PvE, the PvP should be all worth it... If you enjoy PvP.

32 minutes ago, BabygirlMinx said:

hmm, i not sure why.  I did all of my dungeons solo when they sent me on the do all the dungeons quest and was able to all of them fine.  Have you done that quest yet?

Didn't know there was a quest like that???? :o where do i get it? 

9 minutes ago, kittenesse said:

Didn't know there was a quest like that???? :o where do i get it? 

You will get it later if you follow the quest story (around levl 25 or 26 I think).  They will make you go on all of the rounds and do every dungeon solo *sigh* I knowww :(

Btw, the Blackram Narrows is a group dungeon.  Are you sure you aren't doing a group quest?

15 hours ago, Xerorei said:

Welcome to every NC Korea developed game EVER.

welcome to most game ..

you are lucky you aren't playing EQ in 1999 when you had to grind kills to level and after 10th or so level you lost a LOT of xp when you died (often deleveling)

OH i know that was then this is now but that is EXACTLY the issue with todays game .. they GIVE YOU TOO MUCH TOO EASILY..

you should be months leveling to max level in a true PvE game .. this one being more focused towards PvP (or so it seems to me) you will see the leveling faster to get you to the point where you can have at least a fair chance against the guys that like to farm lower levels (they should have scaled players to zones/event/opponents BUT this opens a whole new issue

to me this game IS WAY too easy to level

1 minute ago, BabygirlMinx said:

You will get it later if you follow the quest story.  They will make you go on all of the rounds and do every dungeon solo *sigh* I knowww :(

Btw, the Blackram Narrows is a group dungeon.  Are you sure you aren't doing a group quest?

My issue is that a) I never seem to find people to quest/dungeon with and b) I think the group find was all messed up yesterday??

My issue is that a) I never seem to find people to quest/dungeon with and b) I think the group find was all messed up yesterday??

if you are having issues finding players for group dungeon us the cross server lobby .. I don't think I have been in it for 30s without having a full group

oh ok well don't worry the Blackram Narrows is a easy dungeon with a group.  Once the group find works you will finish it easily.  Some groups finish it with just 3 or 4 players. 

Archived