Summoner overpowered? [Discussion]

Krical

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Eternalx said:

You're just bad. The End. 

are you stupid or just plain stupid ?

in what way is that information in any shape or form constructive to the discussion at hand.. please leave you ignorant child!

49 minutes ago, DiBBz said:

are you stupid or just plain stupid ?

in what way is that information in any shape or form constructive to the discussion at hand.. please leave you ignorant child!

Ignore 0.5 star class fanboys, they rly think that they are pro plat cats.

I'm a gold summoner and from personal sight myself. 90% of my wins came from people who went balls in full force. That moment, I counter with stealth throw down my thorns,snares THEN send in my cat to daze, follow by upper cut then play time.(knock up attack) about time they hit the ground, I'm knocking them down again and throwing some pokes before sending another few thorns again.

my class isn't broken, I've lost to a few Kung fu who stun locked the hell out of me and cat. (Respect to those two) however most people just random press buttons in hopes to just melt me down. Personal favorite is the glass cannon builders XD

Summoners are definitely not overpowered. I've been utterly destroying them with my ice force master. Haven't lost to a single summoner either. The class thats my bane is destroyer. I just can't manage to beat him with assassin. I sometimes lose with fm.

15 hours ago, MangoHam said:

Summoners are definitely not overpowered. I've been utterly destroying them with my ice force master. Haven't lost to a single summoner either. The class thats my bane is destroyer. I just can't manage to beat him with assassin. I sometimes lose with fm.

Same, Destro I'm close to winning against and FM is 50/50. Really depends if I can play my cards right or not.

LBM, I'm still eating dirt against them. Going to level one myself to learn more about my enemy.

On 30.1.2016 at 3:54 AM, Asurastrike said:

I'm lv40 summoner at 1.9k, 50W-20L. Assassin is by far the gayest piece of crap I've faced, next to blade dancer and destroyer.  I got farmed by assassins a lot. literally half of my losses are from assassins(I got farmed by the same assassin 5 times then proceeded to lose to more assassins). I'll tell you how they beat me so maybe you can learn. They avoid fighting me up front. Every time their CDs are up, they go into stealth and take a huge chunk of my hp with the Lightning thing. I can't do anything about it because I can't see them or take them out of stealth. All I can do is run around and take the damage. Then they retreat and reset the CDs. Rinse and repeat. Most of the time they kill me by just doing that, but since I can heal, sometimes the game ends in a tie, but they win anyways because they've dealt more damage in the game. I'm very good mechanically since I played wow arena competitively for ages, but I've only played bns for a few days so my experience or knowledge is very limited. Maybe there's a way to deal with those cheap assassins but for now I'm out of ideas. I've tried many things yet they remain my toughest enemy.

You know you can suck em out of invis? or just dandelion away? As Summoner only good KFM and destroyers are a problem, everything else is food or your just bad, which i assume cause your only level 40 and already this high.

Kill a cat - kill a summoner. If youre not confident enough and think you gonna get bursted down during that time Sleep / unconcious / whatever the cat furhter away from the summoner. Quite alot of summoners starts panicking when they lose their car.

And please note that in Decembers top 500 in KR, summoner is the 2nd least played class (FM is least).

Also in last years Worlds, 0 summoners in final 16.

Summoners have a lot of abilities early, compared to other classes that need to be 45, so this lets them seem to be OP in the silver ranks when you often go up against other folks not yet at 45.

Get to the upper gold and above, summoner becomes a totally different story.

@Krical You can easily 100-0 the cat in duration of stealth, if the cat is crouching down DO NOT attack it, its a waste of time and move on to the summoner, you can throw ur poison shuriken to the summoner instead to tele and daze the summoner and go back in stealth to kill the cat, if u are rooted get out, if theres a flower above ur head it'll take u out of stealth, dont stand near the summoner cos it will heal them also, abuse your decoy and just access the situation, if the cat is squishy take it out, if the cat isnt squishy, cc it and attack the summoner. Make these kinds of assessments when your in stealth to figure out the player.

I only read the OP. But anyways, I wanted to say something. I once played another game with a "summoner"-type class with familiars and very quickly, the devs nerfed us because one of our more prominent familiars had a nasty bleed effect that people kept crying about. Later, it turned out the summoners of that game weren't as bad and scary as we used to come across as because the other classes were able to understand their skills better and gained more experience both in pve and pvp. Meanwhile, us summoners were stuck holding the nerfed bag and it never changed throughout the entire time I played nor did they try to make it up to us. In fact, in this other game (today was my first play of bns), the summoners would often have weaker gear or poor skills because they relied so heavily on the familiar and would get killed frequently. So I'm not sure yet what exactly it's been like so far but I'd say give it time. Understanding a game's pvp dynamics takes time but the most versatile advice I can give is: consider your positioning. With poor positioning, it's no wonder you'll die quickly. 

Idk. Summoner seems to be super easy to play in lower ratings, where people have no clues what they are doing or what they should be doing. Made alt Summoner few days ago (maining FM) and went easily 20-0 (40-1 in small games). However since it's end of preseason, I guess only really bad or completly new players are below plat so no surprise games weren't hard.

21 hours ago, Waynedetta said:

You know you can suck em out of invis? or just dandelion away? As Summoner only good KFM and destroyers are a problem, everything else is food or your just bad, which i assume cause your only level 40 and already this high.

yeah I hit diamond when I beat assassins more consistently. I didn't know recall pet could knock them out before. Counter however isn't very useful because they can just not hit it when they see it, and even if you succeed, the assassin is still in stealth so there's still not much you can do.

19 hours ago, Noxuming said:

meh, spin2win.

Sucks does it? To have someone trying so hard as a sin and lose to something as simplistic as a BLD. I swear, I think every class Lynn has is pretty broken. FM being the exception. BLD makes no sense to me. Why have all the immunity with none of the restrictions? Poor sin, he was trying hard too.

On 1/30/2016 at 10:26 PM, Asurastrike said:

From what I see so far, I have 2 aoes, both of which require a target first. Since you can attack me while in stealth, i can't use my aoes because I don't have a target. 

Thorn MIGHT be able to take you out as it shoots a narrow line of path(2x10m), but it failed every time I tried... MAYBE I missed maybe it just doesn't work that way, but even if it did, it's really hard since the path is so narrow. Pet's knock down also has a small aoe. It can take out some people, but it never worked against the guy that farmed me or other good assassins for some reason. Maybe they specc'd into something to counter that, or maybe they intentionally avoided standing next to my pet(which is the right thing to do).

Maybe its because I have poor latency, but I have a really hard time actually hitting summoners from stealth.  I also run into issues with the pet jumping on top of me/the summoner, which causes the targeting system to *cricket* up.  I'm pretty sure I've also been pulled out of stealth by the pet AOE.  I also frequently get ripped out of stealth the second that I stealth by attacks from the pet.  

Not to say that I'm good at this game, because I'm probably terrible. But I have more logistical issues with Summoners than probably any other class. 

On 1/30/2016 at 9:00 AM, Krical said:

Okay, I've been playing the game since headstart as a SIN, having met a few summoners while pvping at 30+ they felt strong, I could take some of them down but that's probably because they dont know how to play, but no its another thing.

Right now i'm at 1700 rating at lvl 45, I'm having no issues against BM's, KFM, Destroyers or SIN's. But meeting a Blade dancer and Summoner really makes me wonder if this is as "Balanced" as all the white knights make it out to be? 

I've done about 200 arena matches, 50/50 win/loss, but every time I meet a summoner I tend to just get wiped the floor with, they send the pet in, keeps aoe spamming and keeps me out of stealth, cant do anything except hide in a corner and cry. I can see no way a good summoner can NOT beat a good Assassin, really grinds my gear considering this is "competetive" game, should be atleast a balance in 1v1.  Also when you get knocked down, the pet jumps you and you cant "2" it or "TAB" it, WTF NCsoft, why the he** would you do that? They are OP considering its TWO players you're fighting and both of them hits harder than me ALONE. I really hope there will be some sort of balancing for summoners in 1v1 arenas, the pet combo seems just too strong right now. 

Also having troubles against Blade Dancers, not sure if I'm just a terrible assassin or what but meeting a good blade dancer with this stun, knock up combo to half HP really mind boggles me, such a easy combo for so much damage, while SIN's have to mash the whole alphabet twice to get 1/2 of the HP down. I understand that the difficulty of a SIN is harder than a LBM but still tho, 3 buttons to get from 100% to 50% is kind of too easy? 

But I would really like a answer from a dev or experienced player, is it supposed to be THIS huge gap between these classes and is it suppose to be like rock paper scissors where one class easily beats the other? Thanks in advance.

Tl;dr SIN player rages against summoner and LBM, carry on.

I am a summoner and I am having a hard time with assassins since they stealth almost the whole fight.
My only advantage is heal. I can heal, sin can't. I fought twice with an at-par sin and we always end up losing all our HP to critical. 
He just unli stealth and lightning me then bomb and knockdown me to do damage.

Without my heal im dead and the summoner itself is pretty soft.
I am killed twice the onyl difference from those two compare to the others is they focus on me instead of my pet, they never touched my pet.

Archived