Summoner overpowered? [Discussion]

Krical

Okay, I've been playing the game since headstart as a SIN, having met a few summoners while pvping at 30+ they felt strong, I could take some of them down but that's probably because they dont know how to play, but no its another thing.

Right now i'm at 1700 rating at lvl 45, I'm having no issues against BM's, KFM, Destroyers or SIN's. But meeting a Blade dancer and Summoner really makes me wonder if this is as "Balanced" as all the white knights make it out to be? 

I've done about 200 arena matches, 50/50 win/loss, but every time I meet a summoner I tend to just get wiped the floor with, they send the pet in, keeps aoe spamming and keeps me out of stealth, cant do anything except hide in a corner and cry. I can see no way a good summoner can NOT beat a good Assassin, really grinds my gear considering this is "competetive" game, should be atleast a balance in 1v1.  Also when you get knocked down, the pet jumps you and you cant "2" it or "TAB" it, WTF NCsoft, why the he** would you do that? They are OP considering its TWO players you're fighting and both of them hits harder than me ALONE. I really hope there will be some sort of balancing for summoners in 1v1 arenas, the pet combo seems just too strong right now. 

Also having troubles against Blade Dancers, not sure if I'm just a terrible assassin or what but meeting a good blade dancer with this stun, knock up combo to half HP really mind boggles me, such a easy combo for so much damage, while SIN's have to mash the whole alphabet twice to get 1/2 of the HP down. I understand that the difficulty of a SIN is harder than a LBM but still tho, 3 buttons to get from 100% to 50% is kind of too easy? 

But I would really like a answer from a dev or experienced player, is it supposed to be THIS huge gap between these classes and is it suppose to be like rock paper scissors where one class easily beats the other? Thanks in advance.

Tl;dr SIN player rages against summoner and LBM, carry on.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Eternalx said:

You're just bad. The End. 

Sigh, Tell me what I can do then? 

How as a SIN do you counter 1click spin to win or Flower power win? If you can't answer, then get off my thread and circlej*** with the other whiteknights.

No. A good destroyer can kill a good summoner. That's how you know summoners are infact; not "op" you guys are going to have a field day when warlock comes out. it's literally going to crap on both of those classes combined. ( I play BnS Korea also) 

1 minute ago, Chesnya said:

No. A good destroyer can kill a good summoner. That's how you know summoners are infact; not "op" you guys are going to have a field day when warlock comes out. it's literally going to crap on both of those classes combined. ( I play BnS Korea also) 

Yes I know Destroyers easily takes out Summoners, but is it supposed to be like this, One class is just ten times better against others? If it is so, why really? Kinda ruins the whole 1v1 situation, would understand in a 3v3 comp but not as a 1v1 game, if you base your PVP around 1v1 you need to do that every class stands alike, so you dont get any upper hand against any other class, no tourneys could be held like this, the imbalance is real.

3 minutes ago, Chesnya said:

From what I heard we're getting a pre-nerfed version once it is released.

1 minute ago, kuro1n said:

MEHHH I hope not. they nerfed LITERALLY  every class just about here. summoners were also more op so here on na is nothing compared to everywhere else (i.e japan,kr,ch) SIGH. Can never have fun T_T

I'm lv40 summoner at 1.9k, 50W-20L. Assassin is by far the gayest piece of crap I've faced, next to blade dancer and destroyer.  I got farmed by assassins a lot. literally half of my losses are from assassins(I got farmed by the same assassin 5 times then proceeded to lose to more assassins). I'll tell you how they beat me so maybe you can learn. They avoid fighting me up front. Every time their CDs are up, they go into stealth and take a huge chunk of my hp with the Lightning thing. I can't do anything about it because I can't see them or take them out of stealth. All I can do is run around and take the damage. Then they retreat and reset the CDs. Rinse and repeat. Most of the time they kill me by just doing that, but since I can heal, sometimes the game ends in a tie, but they win anyways because they've dealt more damage in the game. I'm very good mechanically since I played wow arena competitively for ages, but I've only played bns for a few days so my experience or knowledge is very limited. Maybe there's a way to deal with those cheap assassins but for now I'm out of ideas. I've tried many things yet they remain my toughest enemy.

1 minute ago, Chesnya said:

MEHHH I hope not. they nerfed LITERALLY  every class just about here. summoners were also more op so here on na is nothing compared to everywhere else (i.e japan,kr,ch) SIGH. Can never have fun T_T

Nothing fun about having imbalanced classes, I am very happy they fix shit before handing it over to us. It gives us who have a job and no time to level a ton of character a more enjoyable experience imo.

3 minutes ago, kuro1n said:

Isn't it more fun winning against a equally strong opponent instead of being overpowered? I get no joy what so ever killing FM's or KFM's on my SIN, just feels too unbalanced atm.. just reached 1800 rating and still feels unbalanced :s

1 minute ago, Krical said:

Isn't it more fun winning against a equally strong opponent instead of being overpowered? I get no joy what so ever killing FM's or KFM's on my SIN, just feels too unbalanced atm.. just reached 1800 rating and still feels unbalanced :s

Well... that is exactly what I said. (?)

2 minutes ago, Asurastrike said:

I'm lv40 summoner at 1.9k, 50W-20L. Assassin is by far the gayest piece of crap I've faced, next to blade dancer and destroyer.  I got farmed by assassins a lot. literally half of my losses are from assassins(I got farmed by the same assassin 5 times then proceeded to lose to more assassins). I'll tell you how they beat me so maybe you can learn. They avoid fighting me up front. Every time their CDs are up, they go into stealth and take a huge chunk of my hp with the Lightning thing. I can't do anything about it because I can't see them or take them out of stealth. All I can do is run around and take the damage. Then they retreat and reset the CDs. Rinse and repeat. Most of the time they kill me by just doing that, but since I can heal, sometimes the game ends in a tie, but they win anyways because they've dealt more damage in the game. I'm very good mechanically since I played wow arena competitively for ages, but I've only played bns for a few days so my experience or knowledge is very limited. Maybe there's a way to deal with those cheap assassins but for now I'm out of ideas. I've tried many things yet they remain my toughest enemy.

Awesome, ty for the input!

- But! I tried this, and the summoners seem to have some kind of AoE thing around them that knocks me straight out of stealth, have tried timing it, stunning before he can move etc but it always ends up me on the floor, cat scratching my face.

1 minute ago, kuro1n said:

Nothing fun about having imbalanced classes, I am very happy they fix shit before handing it over to us. It gives us who have a job and no time to level a ton of character a more enjoyable experience imo.

I hate it.. we can never have fun, every class here got nerfed. it's boring compared to kr. 

Just now, Chesnya said:

I hate it.. we can never have fun, every class here got nerfed. it's boring compared to kr. 

If you think balanced PvP is boring then I am sorry but it sounds like you are just a shit player or a player with a shitty attitude. Rely on skill instead of playing the FOTM OP class friend.

But I would love to have a 2k+ MMR summoner+LBM to speak here, need some input on what they think about the class etc.. I see that the streamers usually cookie cuts through ratings as these classes but gets in trouble when they meet the wall of summoners at 1900+ rating :s

OP lure the cat spec your 1 to unconscious effect,jump the summoner spider web,bombs,combo,run > rince repeat until they die.

Just never ever go straight fight as they are going to eat you.You are not FM with shield protection and choke to grab the cat and SS away and sleep it far,far away from the summoner. Play smart and you`ll find joy in killing kittens. Also at 50 summoners and LBM are not that great anyway.

5 minutes ago, Tupan said:

OP lure the cat spec your 1 to unconscious effect,jump the summoner spider web,bombs,combo,run > rince repeat until they die.

Just never ever go straight fight as they are going to eat you.You are not FM with shield protection and choke to grab the cat and SS away and sleep it far,far away from the summoner. Play smart and you`ll find joy in killing kittens. Also at 50 summoners and LBM are not that great anyway.

I'll try that next time Tupan! :) Thank you.

Just been a long day of loosing against LBM and Summoners, had to vent somewhere :P

33 minutes ago, Krical said:

Awesome, ty for the input!

- But! I tried this, and the summoners seem to have some kind of AoE thing around them that knocks me straight out of stealth, have tried timing it, stunning before he can move etc but it always ends up me on the floor, cat scratching my face.

From what I see so far, I have 2 aoes, both of which require a target first. Since you can attack me while in stealth, i can't use my aoes because I don't have a target. 

Thorn MIGHT be able to take you out as it shoots a narrow line of path(2x10m), but it failed every time I tried... MAYBE I missed maybe it just doesn't work that way, but even if it did, it's really hard since the path is so narrow. Pet's knock down also has a small aoe. It can take out some people, but it never worked against the guy that farmed me or other good assassins for some reason. Maybe they specc'd into something to counter that, or maybe they intentionally avoided standing next to my pet(which is the right thing to do).

5 minutes ago, Asurastrike said:

From what I see so far, I have 2 aoes, both of which require a target first. Since you can attack me while in stealth, i can't use my aoes because I don't have a target. 

Thorn MIGHT be able to take you out as it shoots a narrow line of path(2x10m), but it failed every time I tried... MAYBE I missed maybe it just doesn't work that way, but even if it did, it's really hard since the path is so narrow. Pet's knock down also has a small aoe. It can take out some people, but it never worked against the assassins that farmed me or other good assassins for some reason. Maybe they specc'd into something to counter that, or maybe they intentionally avoided standing next to my pet(which is the right thing to do).

You can use AoE's without a Target, well I can on Sin so not sure about your class.

Sin vs Sin using Poison Breath can break the stealth(Found this out by accident and panicking lol). It's not a perfect stealth and if you watch carefully you can see the outline.

You can also recall your pet and have them AoE slam onto you for an AoE and there's the Burr persistent AoE that will also break stealth. Just watched an Sin vs Smn guide and these were some of the Anti-Stealth abilities you can use.

4 minutes ago, Tteunaegi said:

You can use AoE's without a Target, well I can on Sin so not sure about your class.

Not for summoner, those 2 aoes are grey unless I have a target.

5 minutes ago, Tteunaegi said:

You can also recall your pet and have them AoE slam onto you for an AoE and there's the Burr persistent AoE that will also break stealth. Just watched an Sin vs Smn guide and these were some of the Anti-Stealth abilities you can use.

it seems like pet recall can be specced to have a aoe knockback. It's a very interesting find. I will definitely try that when I get a chance.

Cat, LSM and axe will be OP, because autists and ppl with 1 hand need class to play.

it is how BNS is, less stars - more top players.

Top 1 KR player is cat.

You can spam crap like "No, LSM,Axe and cat are not OP< they are just easy, learn to play".

Top 3 PVP classes in last 4 years: cat, axe, lsm.

Deal with it.

Archived