Forums

Dilemma - Lyn is not sexy

SuperSenpai

5 hours ago, Dowra said:

Yeah ok.

There is a difference between TERA lolis, unavoidable, intentional attempt to be sexy, and Lyns looking "cute" and having to go out your way to attempt to make them look more than that.

Im not playing this game with you. You know what the difference is. Anything else questioning on the matter, Im going to assume is rhetorical and ignore it.

The point is that Lyns are designed around a certain body type some people will find sexy and most people will find cute.

You don't seem to understand that sexy is an opinion.

Though I tend to find this game's background art of Lyns to be actually sexy compared to the 3D models.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Idk where some of you people been but when I did the story area with the Lyn village there was A LOT of Lyn that looked like adults, as well as elders. Maybe f you stepped outside your little Western boxes you wouldn't be quick to assume anything that is short with a youthful face HAS to pedo-bait/a loli. I'm 4ft 8in and 22, people ASSUME that I should still be in middle school because I look about that age. Plus they're *cricket*ing video game characters! AKA - FICTIONAL! Stop putting IRL in the mix, if it was pedophilia do you REALLY think NCSoft would have them in game? Or even TERA? I mean the Jin look like "kids" too if you think Lyn do, lol, they look like the're just getting out of the pre-teen stage.

/rant over

@OP maybe Lyn just aren't your kinda sexy? Not all the races are going to appeal to everyone, they have their set characteristics and if you can't alter them with all the sliders to something you like then you shouldn't play Lyn, simple as that! And if you just want them to have bigger boobs then wait til the outfits are out?

2 minutes ago, TaliseLestir said:

my Lyn is sexy, but she has no breasts.... =/    I'm not into loli.  No breasts=loli.

You must live in a basement if you think a woman without breasts has to be a loli, not everyone has breasts like not every man can have stereotypical pecks.

My summoner is a dude and he is bae and I was apprehensive when I made a female because I hate the whole tiny-weeny little things people make but I didn't want an Elin.

My opinion on Lyns are simple, unlike Elin there are CLEAR definitions of age, height etc which makes this race very diverse in terms of creativity.  

To assume something looks like a child, is to assume their age is that of a child based on their look.  Which in itself is not completely wrong as it is an opinion and therefore, subjective *BUZZWORD*.

What TERA did was create a race that fit in with their world, their skimpy, long legged, fabulously low male pants world but their mistake was to 'sexualise' the very race that in their lore, represents innocence.

Lyn lore, that isn't the case.  Not to mention again, the diversity in which you can create these characters instead of having some annoying, swaying little bubble with fat thighs and that being your ONLY option.

To make a Lyn 'sexy' would be to sexualise them and not in the way that adding nice clothing onto a character to make them look pretty kind of sexualise but, OMFG I WOULD BANG THAT BECAUSE THOSE LIL TIDDIES AND ASS kind of sexy.  Which it seems, OP wants considering the other 'sexy' female races.  

You can make a Lyn 'pretty' and more 'human' looking with proportionate body shapes which to be honest, a lot of people would prefer.  This is not making a Lyn sexy, it's making them look pretty decent due to personal choice.

However, if you want to dip your wick in one, kinda would frown upon that seeing as once again, you can't *adult* a cute race and make excuses for age because they are made to look young.

Just think of them as lil dwarves.  You wouldn't go up to a young looking vertically challenged individual and be like OMG YOU CAN NOT WEAR THAT OUTFIT, IT'S TOO SEXY FOR YOU and they're like, "Mate, i'm 35." But at the same time, if you want to get kinky with someone who 'looks' like a child even if they are 40, man that's wrong because you are purposely seeking that out.  

26 minutes ago, NueHoujuu said:

The point is that Lyns are designed around a certain body type some people will find sexy and most people will find cute.

You don't seem to understand that sexy is an opinion.

Though I tend to find this game's background art of Lyns to be actually sexy compared to the 3D models.

meanwhile I said the exact same thing only but a few posts ago.

"In the end, some people out there are going to think the Lyn is sexy as is.  But, at least, as it stands, you can avoid looking sexualized almost completely, with that race. Which is a welcome change from the rest of the races. "

The intent of Lyns is to look youthful and cute.  The intent of the other races to to look sexualized.

14 minutes ago, Lunaus said:

You must live in a basement if you think a woman without breasts has to be a loli, not everyone has breasts like not every man can have stereotypical pecks.

this age thing sounds like a personal issue.  Age doesn't make any difference.  If you're into what looks like a child, it is loli.  It doesn't matter what age that subject is whatsoever.

23 hours ago, ConstanzaX said:

You want a summoner easy class with Boobs and ass? Wait for the Warlock class (hopefully coming out Feb 10th) which will be unlocked for Jin and Lyn

Otherwise don't sexualize the lyn.. I'm very disturbed by this loli post..

edit: realised that you only want a sexy summoner and not lyn... GOOD.

edit edit: the post is called Lyn is not sexy. *cricket*I have to get my vomit bucket

You really didn't read he wanted an ADULT SEXY LYN SUMMONER.

5 minutes ago, TaliseLestir said:

this age thing sounds like a personal issue.  Age doesn't make any difference.  If you're into what looks like a child, it is loli.  It doesn't matter what age that subject is whatsoever.

Um, no? Plenty of flat chested women in the real and game world that look nothing like children. Also age based on looks is subjective, and personally if you think something that looks young/youthful HAS to be a child because of your view of what a child MUST look like, that's really on you and says how you see the world more than those who can accept the lore as is and not look at it as some type of taboo fetish for "children". Also loli means child-like/young/innocent/cute it has nothing to do with child as a whole and is just a way of descripting a cute girl that looks young.

1 minute ago, Lunaus said:

Um, no? Plenty of flat chested women in the real and game world that look nothing like children. Also age based on looks is subjective, and personally if you think something that looks young/youthful HAS to be a child because of your view of what a child MUST look like, that's really on you and says how you see the world more than those who can accept the lore as is and not look at it as some type of taboo fetish for "children". Also loli means child-like/young/innocent/cute it has nothing to do with child as a whole and is just a way of descripting a cute girl that looks young.

so in other words you're just agreeing with me, but arguing just because you're a hateful person.  Well, okay, as long as we're in agreement ^_^

31 minutes ago, TaliseLestir said:

so in other words you're just agreeing with me, but arguing just because you're a hateful person.  Well, okay, as long as we're in agreement ^_^

Hateful person? No, I'm just tired of people from NA/EU getting butt hurt over something they refuse to understand because in their culture it can be seen as something that inherently wrong. When they inadvertently take part in it in their own way. As far as agreeing/disagreeing the way worded stating age doesn't mean anything and if it looks like a child it has to be a child or loli in nature isn't anything near what I agree with. I don't see Lyn or Elins as children because that is not how they're portrayed, and the fact that they're fictional makes it even easier to not see them as actual children. As an example of this happening in IRL I used myself, I'm as tall as a middle schooler and look about that age but I am in fact legal. I see no difference with the Lyn or Elin, I actually like them for that fact.

17 minutes ago, Lunaus said:

Hateful person? No, I'm just tired of people from NA/EU getting butt hurt over something they refuse to understand because in their culture it can be seen as something that inherently wrong. When they inadvertently take part in it in their own way. As far as agreeing/disagreeing the way worded stating age doesn't mean anything and if it looks like a child it has to be a child or loli in nature isn't anything near what I agree with. I don't see Lyn or Elins as children because that is not how they're portrayed, and the fact that they're fictional makes it even easier to not see them as actual children. As an example of this happening in IRL I used myself, I'm as tall as a middle schooler and look about that age but I am in fact legal. I see no difference with the Lyn or Elin, I actually like them for that fact.

well, unfortunately, your disagreement doesn't matter.  That is, in fact, the definition of loli.  If someone is of legal age, they're obviously legal, but it doesn't have anything to do with loli.  What it does have to do with is the law.  You're getting pedophiles confused with lolita complex.  Or rather, other people are, and you're getting your argument mixed up.

5 minutes ago, packor said:

well, unfortunately, your disagreement doesn't matter.  That is, in fact, the definition of loli.  If someone is of legal age, they're obviously legal, but it doesn't have anything to do with loli.  What it does have to do with is the law.  You're getting pedophiles confused with lolita complex.  Or rather, other people are, and you're getting your argument mixed up.

No I explained what a loli was in my earlier post :P
Pedo is for children under the age of 13 while hebephile is for pre-teens and adulescents. Loli as its original definition is only an adj. to describe a cute young looking girl. Or else a lot of High School based animes would be using the term wrong when some of the female characters are called loli... But the term has taken on more definitions just like the term "hentai" which originally meant "weird".

9 minutes ago, Lunaus said:

No I explained what a loli was in my earlier post :P
Pedo is for children under the age of 13 while hebephile is for pre-teens and adulescents. Loli as its original definition is only an adj. to describe a cute young looking girl. Or else a lot of High School based animes would be using the term wrong when some of the female characters are called loli... But the term has taken on more definitions just like the term "hentai" which originally meant "weird".

yes, you say that loli is a cute YOUNG looking girl, and then you went to contradict yourself by saying it's not loli if it looks like a child.

2 minutes ago, packor said:

yes, you say that loli is a cute YOUNG looking girl, and then you went to contradict yourself by saying it's not loli if it looks like a child.

Because children aren't the only ones that can look young? o. O
I consider a child anyone below the age of 12, and pre-teens/teens still look pretty young to me. I guess terminology isn't working out here? I know what I'm saying but it doesn't seem to click because of how it can be interpreted. And I say this as an American.

1 minute ago, Lunaus said:

Because children aren't the only ones that can look young? o. O
I consider a child anyone below the age of 12, and pre-teens/teens still look pretty young to me. I guess terminology isn't working out here? I know what I'm saying but it doesn't seem to click because of how it can be interpreted. And I say this as an American.

so basically you're just trolling.  Instead of providing any example of how someone can look like a child and NOT look YOUNG, you just threw in some bs inclusion that doesn't even help your argument.  I'm done wasting my time.

The idea of sexy lyns is just super gross, while i'd love to be able to play a summoner in another race, im cool with my adorable lyn. But like, I wonder what kind of f*ck boy or girl is trying to sexualize a character that is supposed to be almost kid like. Time to take off the fedora, shave off the neck beard, step out of the basement, into the sun and join the rest of humanity. Its cool here, we dont find kids (or child like characters) sexy, either should you.

17 minutes ago, packor said:

so basically you're just trolling.  Instead of providing any example of how someone can look like a child and NOT look YOUNG, you just threw in some bs inclusion that doesn't even help your argument.  I'm done wasting my time.

Alright, didn't need to start quoting me in the first place never forced you, lol. Either way you're reading what I'm saying wrong. I'm not saying children don't look young I said children aren't the only ones who look young so looking young shouldn't equate to being a child. I think you got lost when when I said child-like? Even though I also added young looking? Child-like is having the demeanor of a child like if someone enjoys playing on a playground, or playing with building blocks because these are things children would like to do. I can't really provide any examples when I don't know where I lost you which is why I said there must have been some type of disconnect with choice words and what I was saying being taking the wrong way versus the way I meant it.

But sure, I'm just trolling. Everyone who you can't understand or think is contradicting must be trolling. It can never be a simple misunderstanding. /sarcasm

there is looking young and then there is trying to sexualize something that very obviously looks like a kid or preteen. 

My avatar doesnt look like a 20 something with a young face who will probably be carded until she's 30. She looks like a kid, big diff.

Even in the character preview, the outfit with the bikini and the zipper jacket squigged me out because it looked like the equiv of a 10 year old pageant girl in a bikini. It was gross. Im glad they didn't sexualize the lyn because that'd would have been disgusting. Just accept the other boobified or barrel chested avatars available and move on. 

829b586de3f6038bde132d853a5ac681.jpg

3 hours ago, Dowra said:

meanwhile I said the exact same thing only but a few posts ago.

"In the end, some people out there are going to think the Lyn is sexy as is.  But, at least, as it stands, you can avoid looking sexualized almost completely, with that race. Which is a welcome change from the rest of the races. "

The intent of Lyns is to look youthful and cute.  The intent of the other races to to look sexualized.

I don't know why you attacked my statement in the first place.

I never said anything about what the makers were intending. 

Whether the makers intend it to be sexy or not, there will be people who think Lyns are sexy merely because they have animal ears/tails, or because they're flat, or small, etc.

Basically what I'm saying is that it's still a fetish.

Archived