RNG fail (intentionally not getting the weapon is needed for your class)

Cooley

It is not a question to get fast, its a question of being fair             if there is 10 equally possible outcomes, if I open 30 I expect to have atleast one of each...

but of course my opinion is biased... eg, I think the reason the queues ended magically in a monday was cause if ppl didnt pay premium to play on weekend they will not put premium at all

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since today I have this "drop problem" too I get everything except the weapon I need,it's annoying and these warlock weapons...what am I supposed to do with them?Even if I keep I am unable to trade or send on another character...but decreases the rate of getting what I want.
I hope for a compensation too for this annoying bug.

:^) Must before your first asian MMO, and I say this to all who complain about it being "unfair", I'll complain up and down about having badluck/band RNG but I know that it's all chance. Either way RNG sucks in ALL asian MMOs, and since NCSoft is the developer/publisher of this game (whether it is their KR company or not) I highly doubt they'll do anything special with the game for NA which in all honesty is sad.

I'm still farming Pinchy and have stopped leveling to 45, character is currently Lv.41 and everyone else I take to farm it with gets the costume within the first two kills. I've farmed him almost straight for a week, and have gotten nothing but the Weapon Chest and Soul Shield boxes. My bank if filled with the Fusion powders and level over boxes that I don't feel like opening. Currently playing a summoner and it took me six Blackram runs to get my class weap to drop from the dungeon after wasting keys on the boxes! Where as it took my Destroyer 1 or 2 runs. It's all RNG! And you can have a terribly long streak of it and from the looks of it, it isn't going to change!

for now i haven't had such bad luck but i always felt that the chance for MY CLASS WEAPON is always lower then for any other weapon.

the real issue here is not the RNG, it's "UNABLE TO TRADE".

I get so many lynblades and other weapons out of those boxes before i get my weapon, instead of feeding them i could sell them on the AH so others with bad luck could buy their weapon to advance. But no, ncsoft thinks it's a good idea to annoy their players with such idiotic ideas.

EDIT:

btw, i killed that scorpion boss only three times and got that cat outfit (sold for 45 silver on ah)... RNG is just what it is, random.

I think there is a ton of perception bias in this thread.

Everyone who gets the correct weapon in the first few trýs (and that happens a lot in my experience) does not open any further chests and moves on.

So of cource only the ones with lots of failed attempts accumulate here.

Think of the weapons you had to get over the course of the 45lvl game. Do you remember all of them? Do you keep in mind the ones where you were not super unlucky?

Or do you only see the ones where you had to put in some effort?

4 minutes ago, HMint said:

Everyone who gets the correct weapon in the first few trýs (and that happens a lot in my experience) does not open any further chests and moves on.

Think of the weapons you had to get over the course of the 45lvl game. Do you remember all of them? Do you keep in mind the ones where you were not super unlucky?

Thread related

Just buy a region specific key to get your class-specific weapon first try. People waste so much time with regular keys.

Marketplace prices:

Brilliant Cinderlands Keys are like 12-15 silver.

Brilliant Moonwater Keys are like 3 gold?

Would you rather farm boxes, or money? Personally I didn't waste my time using regular keys for weapons.

Btw those unbound keys come from the rng boxes, the Brilliant Cinderlands Keys and Brilliant Moonwater Keys you buy directly from the shop or from the daily boxes are not tradeable.

As far as i know the rng boxes are a time limited sale so the supply of unbound keys is not endless it's probably a good idea to stock up a few for alts, and the prices will go up when the rng box sale ends as well.

It is of course very likely they will sell other rng boxes after those but who knows if they have the same stuff in them.

23 hours ago, HMint said:

Until the latest update I had no problem on getting items which I wanted it was not from first try some nor from 5-6 tries but some I got with the first try now over 8-9 or more some.With the introduction of this new warlock weapon they screwed up something at item drops and added 1more chance,what if not that warlock dagger appears,maybe the weapon I needed pops up...
Maybe they observed that we get items to easily :)) who knows...

I agree that RNG =Random Number Generator totally sucks. I hate gambling. My viewpoint is gambling is for suckers. If I want to gamble I will go to Las Vegas. I am playing an online game. I don't want to gamble. Let me earn what I need through Quests or fulfilling multiple quest or dungeon goals. Making me gamble over and over again like I'm in Las Vegas doesn't make me want to sign in and play. It makes me want to look for another game where I don't have to spin a lottery wheel.

Archived