RNG fail (intentionally not getting the weapon is needed for your class)

Cooley

If this were anywhere near true, then you would have the entire community on the forums complaining.  Only those who have bad luck, and feel the need to complain because of it, are here.

I personally have been 'lucky' enough to get all my weapons in the first 3 boxes up to True Profane.

RNG is RNG.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well im laughing my ass off anwyays  complaning about a 4 hour rng farm prepapre ureself for the recipie farm for  moonwater stones ive been farmign thaht for more then 5 days and it still did not drop  cricket u need to have patience my friend take some yoga  maybe :3

It's rng. Random. 

Sometimes I get bangle at first box. Sometimes it drops in dungeon my first run. And other times I open 50 boxes before getting the Warlock dagger I need.

And sometimes I spin 200 times to get pinchy outfit. And sometimes I spin 100 times and no deva outfit. 

Random. 

I know a game that actually did bias against your weapon class, lol. This game doesn't. 

It's rigged to a point.

Some weapon boxes give you your class weapon outright, others are rigged not too.

take tomb of the exiles for example.

It took me around 30 runs to get the sword. 60 chances it took to get it (1 from the weapon box and the other from the boss drop). It's a 1 in 8 chance for it to drop. You'd have to be really unluckly for it not to drop.

So I'm just unlucky right?

If you go looking around the forums you'll find a lot of people have the same problem. While only a small amount have gotten it in a few runs.

Please stop calling it luck. It's rigged

8 hours ago, Cooley said:

This game is a joke when it comes to RNG and it's seriously getting on my nerves! I'm close to leave the game coz of this...

I've spent 4 hours to farm golden deva essences for the wheel. I got about 30 weapon chests, used up all my keys for those and guess what... I have at least 2 pieces of every type of weapons, even the warlock's dagger which class isn't even in the game right now and not a single freakin lynblade (I'm a BD)!! Don't try to tell me it's bad luck! I guess it's intentional to make players pay for the game...

And I think I'm not the only one who wants to leave the game coz of this...

Sorry about your bad luck, it happens. I am leveling alts and don't have my founder keys anymore and dont want to spend Ncoin on keys. Took 14 chests to get my summoner staff off deva today. It truelly is random though, got it first time on my FM, and 4th time on my BM as they were leveling up.

10 hours ago, Asakura said:

Could I get one of the Bangles pls Dx

If you were on my server and I hadn't used them for upgrade the answer is yes. Although even after I unsealed the gauntlets thinking I could send it to my husband I couldn't I think the wheels is non trade always. Get yourself a brilliant cinderlands key and the chest will give you what you need no RNG

16 hours ago, Riyria said:

Not sure what this has to do with trigonometry, but in general I agree with you. But it is still possible to reason about actual chances given enough data.

From personal experience (only in low level, with the first roulette in the game) it took me ~15+ tries to get the right weapon with 5 characters I was testing. In one other case I got it at the ~7th attempt. According to what I read on the forums, many other people seem to experience this trend as well. Some people also get the right weapon early.

As you said yourself, even with a 1% chance you can succeed and with 99% chance you can fail.

But this happening repeatedly is very unlikely and if you can get data from many attempts, you can reason about the actual chances.

To fail a 12.5% chance 15 times in a row has a probability of about 13.5%.

To experience this 5 times out of 6 has a probability of about 0.02%.

And this, to me, is an indication the drop rate might indeed be rigged.

Normally I'd still dismiss this as my very bad luck, and other people bad luck, and the less unlucky people not speaking up. Because why would a game company go out of their way to do this just to annoy their customers?

But in this case, with the special keys, there is an actual business reason to do this.

Yeah but let's face it if you flip a coin 100 times while statistically speaking getting heads every time is unlikely it's still 50/50 every individual flip

3 hours ago, Drint said:

Yeah but let's face it if you flip a coin 100 times while statistically speaking getting heads every time is unlikely it's still 50/50 every individual flip

True, but if after 100 coin tosses you see you got heads 100 times, you'd consider the possibility of the coin being rigged, right?

I am only level 30 at the moment, but I haven't been able to get a single sword for my Blade Master yet. I hate this... I have no problem with farming or grinding, whatever. But I can't even believe all the people on the forum who are talking about 15% chances and them getting the weapons after 2-4 runs, I simply haven't opened a SINGLE chest with a sword inside. RNG? Bad luck? NASA conspiracy theory?

1 hour ago, Riyria said:

True, but if after 100 coin tosses you see you got heads 100 times, you'd consider the possibility of the coin being rigged, right?

Assuming the coin is perfectly fine and there is absolutely nothing wrong with. You flip and got 50 heads in a row. The chance of you getting head or tail is still 50%. It is your interpretation of the unfortunate event makes you assume there is something wrong with the coin and ignore the possibility that such situation can realistically occur.

Let's go with a dice, since the weapon box's randomness is of similar to a dice, and that you have equal chances of getting each faces (or weapon of each class in this case).

You want a 6 but for 20 times you never gotten that number. How would you logically prove that the fault lies within the dice?

By gathering more data.

I know that my chance in any single coin toss with a fair coin is 50% for either result, no matter what happened before. We're talking about independent events after all.

But that's different from reasoning about the actual chances (when -not- assuming to know the chances) based on the statistical data you gather. And yes, you can basically never be absolutely certain the number you come up with is right, but with enough data you can make reasonably confident guesses.

I'm also not saying the weapon boxes are certainly rigged. I am just saying that from my personal experiences and those of quite a few others, there seems to be a high probability of the chances being skewed against getting your own class's weapon. Not impossible, mind you.

So if you say "the chances are fair" and I say "it's rigged", then according to you neither can be absolutely proven. But we could look at the data and see which scenario it supports more.

Some of you guys need to realize that saying something like "I got my weapon on the first 2-3 tries" isn't helping. Like, at all. Good for you but if several people all have the the same problem of chests having every single weapon except the one you need, then it's suspicious. I remember opening 30 Golden Deva chests and only got my summoner staff on the 28th while I had multiple copies of literally every other weapon. If this RNG really was balanced I should have multiple copies of every weapon, including my staff. It wouldn't be that big of a problem if the chests didn't require keys, but had I ran out of keys I would have been screwed. If you don't mind running dungeons 30 or 40 times to get your weapon, again that's good for you but most people do not have the time or the patience for that. Games are supposed to be fun first and foremost, and for many people, running the exact same dungeon or opening 50 chests for one weapon just isn't fun. 

18 minutes ago, Riyria said:

By gathering more data.

So if you say "the chances are fair" and I say "it's rigged", then according to you neither can be absolutely proven. But we could look at the data and see which scenario it supports more.

I can give you another solution: You measure all sides of the dice, break it apart, and see it is truly a dice that gives all sides of the cube equal possibilities. For this case, you would need to break the game apart to see whether or not the GMs are not cheating you, that I imagine that would require skills or some knowledge in software and game development.

So until someone can look deep into what's truly going on, "RNG fail (intentionally)" is simply a stupid statement. For one thing, it is completely subjective and only focus on the "unfortunate" person. Secondly, the R stands for Random for a reason. It gives you random stuffs you may not need is it simply doing its job.

On 1/30/2016 at 7:31 PM, PandaTakeOver said:

They are not making you pay anything and there is no bad luck system and here is why. You can TRADE ALL BLUE WEAPONS so trade all those other class weapons to someone who has yours, ALL PURPLE WEAPONS ARE DUNGEON DROPS So get some friends and jump in the dungeon where you need that weapon.(if you two man this there is a 50% chance your wep drops)

This is NOT true.  I need a purple weapon drop by the dragon near Hog Hamlet to do my next upgrade.  I need 3 keys for each chest to get the weapon and so far I have 5 swords, 1 lynblade, 2 staffs, 2 axes, 3 razors and a gauntlet; no dagger yet.    That's 39 keys and counting!

Get your facts straight before running off at the mouth.

It is rigged. I used 18 keys trying to get Stalker Sword. Here are the results:

- 4xLB

- 3xGauntlet

- 4xStaff

- 2xRazor

- 2xAxe

- 2xDagger

- 1xBangles

The probability of this outcome is 9%. Now, by itself it may be an anomalous outlier, but I have noticed the same pattern with my other characters. The weapon I want is the rarest of them all. It improves with higher levels by the looks of it. Low levels are rigged.

Archived