[Mushin] You should not join Crimson(Red) for your faction

Vemos

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/6/2016 at 5:42 PM, Glint said:

The problem is there's no sense of RP/work/pride in the NA/EU player base. There's no sense of fighting an uphill battle. But the game wasn't made for us.

Well you also have to consider that clans are faction-based. So if someone joins up, joins a clan, and enjoys the people that they play with they really can't switch. Add to that fact that even if an entire clan wanted to change factions that their clan name is unavailable for a year after disbanding and it's more than an uphill climb to move. The faction system in the game is poorly done in some ways and having to make the choice so early on and adding to that the difficulty of changing just makes it all the worse.

16 minutes ago, Roxefeller said:

This is due to a lack of communication within your faction.

Wonder how did we farm Insignia in the first place? We came in a big group, but we are not even close to the amount of the players they have.

Lack of communication, yea right. 

1 minute ago, Zerecas said:

Wonder how did we farm Insignia in the first place? We came in a big group, but we are not even close to the amount of the players they have.

Lack of communication, yea right. 

Actually your faction is close to the amount of players. However, the majority of your faction either A) isn't interested or B) isn't 45 yet. I'll beat you to the punch and say yes, 45's are switching to the owPvP stacked faction to have an "easier" time doing dailies. The lack of communication is the main problem among your faction. You wouldn't be in this situation in the first place were it otherwise.

Instead of jumping on the "we're so outnumbered bandwagon".. try taking some initiative and do what this player did.

So its purely coincidence that the majority of Cerulean players hit 45 first?

So its purely coincidence that the majority of Cerulean players love to OwPvP?

Those players switching over are creating a ripple effect, more and more follows suit and is communication matter when the population has shrink to the oblivion?

We took initiative, that's why I said we came in a big group to farm Insignia but got outnumbered by a lot. 

We took initiative, that's why we called out to the Crimson public to attempt Terrors but we couldn't complete it because 1. Lack of dps 2. No experience 3. Lack of gears

High population means higher chance of having more well geared, skilled and most importantly, high dps.

How often do we get the chance and the right time to have the Crimson masses to do it when we're constantly being interrupted by the Cerulean? I don't even have to try and know we could fail BlackWyrm at this rate.

They keep interrupting us in Insignia, just that along many Crimson players have lose the ease of accessibility to the Moonwater Arena set. Without the proper gears, how could we compete against the masses filled up with highly geared, how could we compete against a high populated faction in the freaking first place.

And currently, Mushin Crimsons asked for Insignia party, and during my login times, no one even wanted to try anymore. Honestly, I don't give a shit anymore either, I'm done with the imbalance population, constantly being zeg'd and constantly switching channels only to find out they keeps tracking us down because the dang Ceruleans are in every single channel.

On 1/29/2016 at 2:31 PM, Vemos said:

ScalnkK.jpg

Ch1

SDOITyR.jpg

Ch2

il2Wj0L.jpg

Ch3

036AuCT.jpg

Ch4

YccqgiQ.jpg

Ch5

BEceSBY.jpg

Ch6

ZqdcbZU.jpg

Ch7

qDqh39J.jpg

Ch8

============================================================================================================================================

As you can see above screenshoots, it is really hard to do faction dailies or field pvp as a red on Mushin server.

For me, it usually takes an hour or more to complete faction dailies since there are a lot of interruptions by blues at any channel. However, if you choose blue, you can complete the dallies in less than 30mins. (it is confirmed by my friends)

Therefore, if you are not a hardcore user or don't enjoy field pvp, you should not choose red.

Even though Blue is full atm, you can join in it later through faction npcs( they are located in towns like Hogshed hamlet, GreenHollow, Yehara's Mirage, Jadestone Village and so one. )

I hope its helpful to you :)

Dont make it sound like its built in the system, its player base. Your faction sucks because non- crimson wants to pvp as much as the cerulean. Its almost the same in Jiwan, my crimson legion for the most part cant fight on par with ceruleans, but we try. 

You are pretty much one of the reasons your *cricket*ing sucks, you complain about the fact that people arent pvping when you yourself dont. Its like how the election is going, "my vote dont count!" saids the 20 million citizens.

7 hours ago, Prototypemind said:

Well you also have to consider that clans are faction-based. So if someone joins up, joins a clan, and enjoys the people that they play with they really can't switch. Add to that fact that even if an entire clan wanted to change factions that their clan name is unavailable for a year after disbanding and it's more than an uphill climb to move. The faction system in the game is poorly done in some ways and having to make the choice so early on and adding to that the difficulty of changing just makes it all the worse.

I don't entirely agree. People have left clans in droves on our red side to go to blue sporting "we'll be back in a week". They won't be back and these are people some considered 'friends', I guess.

I stand by my point; people put too much faith in other people.

1 hour ago, Zerecas said:

So its purely coincidence that the majority of Cerulean players hit 45 first?

So its purely coincidence that the majority of Cerulean players love to OwPvP?

Those players switching over are creating a ripple effect, more and more follows suit and is communication matter when the population has shrink to the oblivion?

We took initiative, that's why I said we came in a big group to farm Insignia but got outnumbered by a lot. 

We took initiative, that's why we called out to the Crimson public to attempt Terrors but we couldn't complete it because 1. Lack of dps 2. No experience 3. Lack of gears

High population means higher chance of having more well geared, skilled and most importantly, high dps.

How often do we get the chance and the right time to have the Crimson masses to do it when we're constantly being interrupted by the Cerulean? I don't even have to try and know we could fail BlackWyrm at this rate.

They keep interrupting us in Insignia, just that along many Crimson players have lose the ease of accessibility to the Moonwater Arena set. Without the proper gears, how could we compete against the masses filled up with highly geared, how could we compete against a high populated faction in the freaking first place.

And currently, Mushin Crimsons asked for Insignia party, and during my login times, no one even wanted to try anymore. Honestly, I don't give a shit anymore either, I'm done with the imbalance population, constantly being zeg'd and constantly switching channels only to find out they keeps tracking us down because the dang Ceruleans are in every single channel.

I'm not level cap yet, tbh I don't even really enjoy this game I'm just playing it for my friends/gf while they all take a break from Aion... But I've spent most of my 5 year Aion career on Israphel - A. I don't mind fighting a zerg. I don't mind an uphill battle. But ncsoft has to find a way to make it rewarding to do that, rather than handing out gimp-mechanics. Make it actually -worth- fighting that uphill battle.

3 hours ago, Dreamer0526 said:

Dont make it sound like its built in the system, its player base. Your faction sucks because non- crimson wants to pvp as much as the cerulean. Its almost the same in Jiwan, my crimson legion for the most part cant fight on par with ceruleans, but we try. 

You are pretty much one of the reasons your *cricket*ing sucks, you complain about the fact that people arent pvping when you yourself dont. Its like how the election is going, "my vote dont count!" saids the 20 million citizens.

I think you're a bit off base here and without being on the server and experiencing it for yourself I don't think you'd understand; so I can't blame you for your take on the situation. Here's a bit more information that may help you see the other side.

The factions are considerably unbalanced as evidenced by the screenshots. In addition though... I've tried many times to get groups going just to farm insignias for my alts. If you advertise in faction chat that you're forming up on channel X; people will tell cerulean what's being said and within 4 minutes there will be a mob 3 - 4 times the size of your group swarming you. This has gone on for weeks now so most people have given up on even trying. In order to farm insignias you need to have everyone swap channels every 5m. Then you MIGHT get another 5m before you get swarmed (enough to maybe get one round of kills in). It's a long, arduous process...

Yesterday it took me over an hour just to pick up my daily quests because I had to keep swapping channels in order to find one where the quest NPCs were still alive. I have 3 45s and that was just for one character. The same thing can happen when you want to turn in your quests.

I enjoy world pvp, but even with a coordinated effort of 12 people in our clan; it's rough, really really rough. This isn't the fault of crimson not wanting to PvP... the problem may have started as a small inbalance but it has snowballed due to the mechanics of the game. It's at a state now where something needs to be done to correct the issue. It won't be corrected on its own, as the easiest solution for players is to swap to Cerulean. I think it would take something like double soulstones and insignias for an outnumbered faction in order to turn the tide.

1 hour ago, MortisMortavius said:

I think you're a bit off base here and without being on the server and experiencing it for yourself I don't think you'd understand; so I can't blame you for your take on the situation. Here's a bit more information that may help you see the other side.

The factions are considerably unbalanced as evidenced by the screenshots. In addition though... I've tried many times to get groups going just to farm insignias for my alts. If you advertise in faction chat that you're forming up on channel X; people will tell cerulean what's being said and within 4 minutes there will be a mob 3 - 4 times the size of your group swarming you. This has gone on for weeks now so most people have given up on even trying. In order to farm insignias you need to have everyone swap channels every 5m. Then you MIGHT get another 5m before you get swarmed (enough to maybe get one round of kills in). It's a long, arduous process...

Yesterday it took me over an hour just to pick up my daily quests because I had to keep swapping channels in order to find one where the quest NPCs were still alive. I have 3 45s and that was just for one character. The same thing can happen when you want to turn in your quests.

I enjoy world pvp, but even with a coordinated effort of 12 people in our clan; it's rough, really really rough. This isn't the fault of crimson not wanting to PvP... the problem may have started as a small inbalance but it has snowballed due to the mechanics of the game. It's at a state now where something needs to be done to correct the issue. It won't be corrected on its own, as the easiest solution for players is to swap to Cerulean. I think it would take something like double soulstones and insignias for an outnumbered faction in order to turn the tide.

Oh I know what you mean, here in Jiwan its the same. But dont make it sound like Cureleans are getting some kind of power over you, the reason why your faction is doing bad in your server is because of lack of participants on the pvp. Dont blame the game for the mistakes of your faction. It is not the games fault your enemy faction has more pvp participants. Its like blaming McDonalds for alot of fat kids, it doesnt make sense. The factions are just groups, theres no superpowers you get for being on one faction over the other.

2 minutes ago, Dreamer0526 said:

Oh I know what you mean, here in Jiwan its the same. But dont make it sound like Cureleans are getting some kind of power over you, the reason why your faction is doing bad in your server is because of lack of participants on the pvp. Dont blame the game for the mistakes of your faction. It is not the games fault your enemy faction has more pvp participants. Its like blaming McDonalds for alot of fat kids, it doesnt make sense. The factions are just groups, theres no superpowers you get for being on one faction over the other.

Hrmmm, that's not a great analogy I don't think. The difference is that B&D operates in a closed system with specific rules defined (some by choice some my processing limitation). Using your analogy it would be like if McDonalds offered 2 things; cheeseburgers and chicken salads. Both were free but you can only get one or the other, and it takes 2 hours to get a salad but only 10 minutes to get a cheeseburger. McD, at that point, would be creating a massive incentive to get the cheeseburger over the salad by the rules it has in place. That is similar to what is going on in Mushin right now. You can argue that it's the players that have created that state, and you'd be correct. But it is the incentive based system that has driven it to snowball in one direction or the other, and the rules which govern the system that keep it in that state. By changing the rules (addition drops for crimson or some other solution) you would be correcting the broken state which some servers now find themselves in. That would be responsive agile development; the kind most developers / companies shoot for now a days across all platforms / software / web development.

Is there any sort of graph that shows how many active or high level Crimson / Cerulean in each server?

Should have just stick to the old way where player choose their faction @ Cinderland... or at lvl 45.

Get rid of those inactive alts/bots/fill-ins

Obviously, the kinds of people who are in the overpowered factions are the kinds of 'people'  who like steam rolling and spawn camping, because that's all you see from them anymore.

Perhaps that's just the state of Trolls and mmo's now. Not worth playing or spending money on, unless you're one of the trollish players.

On 1/29/2016 at 3:10 PM, Roxefeller said:

It is the exact same here on Poharan. I am Crimson and in EVERY single channel, Cerulean are camping cliffs.. camping Waido spawn.. or just ganking any Crimson in sight. Not sure why, but the owpvper ratio is at least 10:1 Cerulean:Crimson respectively.

Force the newest x amount of Ceru recruits onto Crimson

Wanna know why i'm cerulean? Because 1) When CBT and Early access started everyone went red. So naturally, we all went blue. 2) Guess why i'm still blue? Because all my frends are on blue. I can give two craps less about the struggle of the reds. My friends are all on blue. And that's where i'm staying. You all make it look like the only reason everyone is blue is for easy OWPvP Dalies. That's even more immature than the blues campinging reds. Half the time i get ganked by 15 reds anyways while i attempt my dalies. So when i see them getting camped at their base and pulled off of spawn i just laugh and run to finish my dalies. Whenever i encounter most crimson members, they hardly even say anything kind. You guys think i'm going to tr to negotiate with a bunch of elitist players. This has been like this since day 1 of CBT, i can care less even now. It's open world PvP. That's all i'm going to say.

Another genius.

Because the current players in Mushin are all CBT players right?

Because the entire CBT Crimsons is still in Crimson legion right?

Because the Crimson are definitely barbaric and Cerulean are the courteous right?

Because you laughing at someone being camped definitely makes you on the right side, right?

Because the frequency of Mushin Crimsons attacking Ceruleans are absolutely higher right?

Because we're definitely asking for a reversal in situation when we are actually asking for a balanced population, you retarded right?

I generally like open world pvp, but BnS' open world pvp is pretty bad. Too many CCs that even 2v1 isn't possible to fend off against if the 2 against you half know what they're doing. Add to the fact that there's nothing really to be gained from pvp'ing apart from 4 soulstones every day, and there's zero incentive to pvp given the faction imbalance.

So I just sneak around as Crimson on Poharan and finish my dailies, get ganked occasionally, get called "CRIMSON SCUM" occasionally, trade kills with peeps who are willing, get my 19 soulstones in about an hour give or take, and call it a day/night. Actually even made a bunch of Cerulean friends along the way, whom I dungeon with. Win/win ^^

• 5 months later...

Archived