Forums

[Mushin] You should not join Crimson(Red) for your faction

Vemos

9 hours ago, Mishi said:

While I hope it is, I do know some were able to join Cerulean while it was marked "Full" and Crimson "recruiting" this past weekend. 

I have a feeling most botters set their bots up to spam join a specific faction, purposely to cause such disasters and make their experience easier down the line.

If we deal with the botting problem, we'll eventually deal with the unbalanced population problem.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got the same experience except the other way around on Yehara. I wouldn't care if there were other ways to farm soul stones but unfortunately I'm stuck playing the eternal game of finding the channel that is empty for all of 5 minutes so I can get a fragment of dailies done. It isn't like there's just one or two crimsons hounding me, it's straight up squads and entire teams. Not very fun at all...

This game is ebb and flow. As a veteran player, I know that over time 1 faction will always be stronger than the other and then it levels out or it imbalances towards the opposing side. It's always back and forth over time, so don't rush or sweat it out, reds will get their cake too, eventually.

3 minutes ago, CaffeGrigio said:

I see a lot of posts defending the imbalance.

The best part of that is Cerulean players spamming region chat with:

"Looking for reds to trade kills with"

Why is that ...

I see plenty of Crimson spamming region with, "Looking for blues to trade kills" too.. so what's your point?

9 minutes ago, Roxefeller said:

I see plenty of Crimson spamming region with, "Looking for blues to trade kills" too.. so what's your point?

Oh please ...

You guys created an imbalance, deal with it.

I notice none of you are switching to Red to get that quest done...Blues are all over the place. Why is that?

4 minutes ago, CaffeGrigio said:

Oh please ...

You guys created an imbalance, deal with it.

I notice none of you are switching to Red to get that quest done...Blues are all over the place. Why is that?

Reds are all over the place too. There is no imbalance numbers-wise. Red just isn't owPvP'ing. They're all carebears. Deal with it.

No, reds are not all over the place. Stop lying.

As a red I can finish that quest every day.

As a blue, you have to spam chat looking for reds ...

There's even blue idiots pulling me off the spawn as we speak ...because they need cheap kills.

If you want to finish the quest everyday, switch to Crimson, give yourself a challenge, ... but that's not why Blue is like that is it, for the challenge, I mean.

1 hour ago, CaffeGrigio said:

No, reds are not all over the place. Stop lying.

As a red I can finish that quest every day.

As a blue, you have to spam chat looking for reds ...

There's even blue idiots pulling me off the spawn as we speak ...because they need cheap kills.

If you want to finish the quest everyday, switch to Crimson, give yourself a challenge, ... but that's not why Blue is like that is it, for the challenge, I mean.

On Windweide I see lots of Reds camping right under me.
And I've never seen a Red or Blue spam chat like that.

It just depends.
I'm a blue btw and really wanted red but apparently it was full so I just went with it.
W/e I just go to a less populated channel and invite random blues to party with me to do my dailys but y'know Reds keep preventing me from doing them as well. 

It's cancer.  The only way to get people to be willing to go red is if we add a protection system for daily quests that can remove your PVP flag while still enabling vs AI for dailys (and an invincible notice board NPC to pick up and turn in the quests since normally you can't get people to even stop murdering the quest givers).  The reason nobody is red is because blue never f***s off and leaves you alone to do your dailys.  Korea doesn't have this problem.  They're mature about the system and only fight people who are looking for fights.

So let me get this straight. Instead of helping the faction you are in and trying to, I don't know, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. People are jumping ship to a faction that will eventually have nothing to do since everyone will swap.

I want everyone to take a look at this and think, is switching really the way to solve anything? There is an in game balance that will prevent you joining the other side if they have too many recruits already. But the lower side of the scale won't want to do anything because they know their numbers aren't high enough.

The game forces factions on us through the story for the sole sake of "You must pick a side because war dictates it." However, that does not mean we have to go to war.

In CBT and KR, I was one of the people that was a peacemaker. I told the people in blue camp we were a small group and only wanted to farm NPC. We would only attack players if they attacked us after we gave them a clear warning. Blues agreed and left us in peace. For 4 hours, there was no bs ganking, no constant worrying. Just chill farming. Yeah, we had a few blues who didn't know, thought we were ganking players and tried to ruin our time. But get this, we had numbers on our side. 

All I'm gonna say is, if the player base can come to an agreement about to do this stuff, the faction stuff can be handled well. We have to work together.

9 hours ago, CaffeGrigio said:

We all know how to change factions.

In a perfect easy world, we'd all be blue, huh?

Because making an imbalance worse is the goal ...I suppose.

I think you mistook what was meant.  I meant Blues could switch to red, and idk...even stuff out and not try to play easy mode?

Blues were complaining about not being able to do their faction dailies, and saying how there aren't enough crimson to kill...thus begging to do 10 kill trades. While we crimson's have no issues of finding enough ceruleans to kill.

Guess you should jump back on the assumption train and go to another stop. 

17 hours ago, Mishi said:

I think you mistook what was meant.  I meant Blues could switch to red, and idk...even stuff out and not try to play easy mode?

Blues were complaining about not being able to do their faction dailies, and saying how there aren't enough crimson to kill...thus begging to do 10 kill trades. While we crimson's have no issues of finding enough ceruleans to kill.

Guess you should jump back on the assumption train and go to another stop. 

Blues are not gonna switch to Crimson. They have it too easy.

That is why they are blue.

Now, maybe NCSoft can give us some server transfers, because I'm pretty much done with it, after less than a month.

On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 3:25 PM, Roxefeller said:

Reds are all over the place too. There is no imbalance numbers-wise. Red just isn't owPvP'ing. They're all carebears. Deal with it.

you're not even worth the effort. where's the block button on this thing...

found it, go me.

15 hours ago, CaffeGrigio said:

you're not even worth the effort. where's the block button on this thing...

found it, go me.

I've experienced your misdiagnosed numbers imbalance first hand on my server. I see plenty of Crimson players running around doing PvE content, sitting in towns and yes some attempting to do faction dailies. Face it, this group of some reds is far smaller than the majority of the faction doing PvE content and/or just sitting in town. It's not the other faction's fault that yours has just plain given up so soon. You're going to blame people for switching factions to one that hasn't given up? Try communicating with your faction and bring everyone together. That's how it started with blue on my server. They communicated.. they called out, "hey there's reds in this channel doing misty woods insignia farming. Let's jump them."

On 2/3/2016 at 11:45 PM, Callback said:

It's cancer.  The only way to get people to be willing to go red is if we add a protection system for daily quests that can remove your PVP flag while still enabling vs AI for dailys (and an invincible notice board NPC to pick up and turn in the quests since normally you can't get people to even stop murdering the quest givers).  The reason nobody is red is because blue never f***s off and leaves you alone to do your dailys.  Korea doesn't have this problem.  They're mature about the system and only fight people who are looking for fights.

I totally agree with you on this. Korea, China and Taiwan's community are so much more matured than the kids playing in NA servers. They fight those who are looking for real fights and not ganking/mass killing weaker or new players who just hit level 45s that started the daily faction quests. I used to play in China server and we leave those who are doing quests alone. Those who want a real fight, get up on the big grass area at the top of the hill to fight. Had a very bad and disappointing playing experience with the population in NA. And yeah, those people will just say, leave if you don't like it right? Simply selfish and immature players in the community.

I never knew that this was a problem until I hit 45 today on Mushin. I never really liked owpvp, but hey, soul stone requirements really forced my hands.  When I saw the mega zerg of blues festering around the red camp, I didn't believe it at first. I thought my fellow crimsons were just hunting somewhere else, but nope!  It's just me and a f*** load of people who just wants to f*** me up.  It took me a little over 10 minutes just to grab the stupid quests, let alone finish them (like the other faction would let me finish them anyways).  I mean, how broken can a system be to let even quest NPCs get spawn camped?  The problem is that the incentive is too good for joining the majority faction.  Perhaps incentives should be given out for switching until the sides even out.  Like no switching fee or some special item.  But really the situation is pretty bad right now.  These blues are fighting me like savage animals.

As you see Mushin Cerulean slaying BlackWyrm, watching them doing it while you are helplessly staying in your spawn camp because the system is very flawed. 

When you see the amount of Mushin Cerulean during BlackWyrm, you knew your faction don't stand a chance which is true because we hardly able to secure a channel for long. Out of 10+ channels, really.

Archived