YccqgiQ.jpg

Ch5

BEceSBY.jpg

Ch6

ZqdcbZU.jpg

Ch7

qDqh39J.jpg

Ch8

============================================================================================================================================

As you can see above screenshoots, it is really hard to do faction dailies or field pvp as a red on Mushin server.

For me, it usually takes an hour or more to complete faction dailies since there are a lot of interruptions by blues at any channel. However, if you choose blue, you can complete the dallies in less than 30mins. (it is confirmed by my friends)

Therefore, if you are not a hardcore user or don't enjoy field pvp, you should not choose red.

Even though Blue is full atm, you can join in it later through faction npcs( they are located in towns like Hogshed hamlet, GreenHollow, Yehara's Mirage, Jadestone Village and so one. )

I hope its helpful to you :)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And this is why factions will forever be unbalanced unless something is done.  You're rewarded too handsomely for being on the faction that has more people and is more active, then people tell you to not even join the undermanned faction because the one that has too many people is the easy road to reward.

It is the exact same here on Poharan. I am Crimson and in EVERY single channel, Cerulean are camping cliffs.. camping Waido spawn.. or just ganking any Crimson in sight. Not sure why, but the owpvper ratio is at least 10:1 Cerulean:Crimson respectively.

16 minutes ago, CaffeGrigio said:

Well, that looks like loads of fun.

So, when are server transfers gonna be available?

Do any servers not have faction imbalance issues?

And will allowing people to hard-abandon their undermanned faction help the problem?

Just now, Cogbyrn said:

Do any servers not have faction imbalance issues?

And will allowing people to hard-abandon their undermanned faction help the problem?

I'm sure there's a server somewhere where the players like competition instead of gross steam rolling.

The situation on Mushin is embarrassing. Just a bunch of people looking for the easy way.

Crimson on Mushin is a desolate wasteland atm.

6 hours ago, CaffeGrigio said:

I'm sure there's a server somewhere where the players like competition instead of gross steam rolling.

The situation on Mushin is embarrassing. Just a bunch of people looking for the easy way.

Crimson on Mushin is a desolate wasteland atm.

That's the same here on Poharan. 

It makes me think that their "factions balancing" wasn't working properly, or people abused the system and logged alts to unbalance the factions. 

28 minutes ago, Mishi said:

It makes me think that their "factions balancing" wasn't working properly, or people abused the system and logged alts to unbalance the factions. 

When i created my first alt i made it Crimson (like my main) and was told the factions were locked and i couldn't join crimson... but it let me join anyway (this was during headstart)

owpvp is dead in this game already.  too many streamers spread the word to join blue and became the very cancer they claimed to be trying to counter.  just forget about it and let it go because ncsoft isn't going to do anything about it.  game is pve and arena from here on out. 

1 minute ago, Cetra said:

owpvp is dead in this game already.  too many streamers spread the word to join blue and became the very cancer they claimed to be trying to counter.  just forget about it and let it go because ncsoft isn't going to do anything about it.  game is pve and arena from here on out. 

IT's kinda always been about that, OW is just an EXTRA, you never really see a lot of OW pvp videos for BnS it's mostly arenas. 

Since I hit 45 about a week after launch, OWPvP has almost never been about the PvP.  It's PvE with the potential for players to involve themselves.  The main plan is to fill a seemingly empty channel with those of your faction so you can freely farm NPCs.

Not sure what anyone thought OWPvP was at any point besides a slightly alternate method for killing NPCs.  The game isn't really designed around OWPvP, it is just something you can do if you like.

It is like that in Iksanun, Either Ch1 or Ch2/3 will be occupied by opponent faction at most time. Rarely both faction will go into pvp. But as always the one with more players often wins.

But hey you can go double agent with the faction so doesn't matter.

LOL this is exactly like poharan, 1v30 every channel, I struggle just to pick up faction quests. The faction Chat is dead, or atleast when I'm on, Like 1 message every minute and it's always the same 5 people talking. Pretty much everyone I know Switched factions because of this, Let's just say I have 370 ap and never killed blackwyrm once.. but I hear Cerulean's farm if none stop.. R.I.P

Ebon Hall actually seems quite balanced.

Some channels are occupied by more crimsons, others by more ceruleans.

Both factions have been able to kill the blackwyrm on a daily basis.

Just that the crimson people seem more douchebaggy (ganking on you, attacking all the time, and their chat is generally more douchebaggy) coming from someone that has a character in both factions.

But yeah it doesn't seem like there's an overly dominant faction, just sometimes more crims sometimes more ceruleans.

oddly enough Master Hong seems pretty balanced, 2 Red channels and 2 blue channels for the most part, more blues tho. 

Here's the deal though this thread should be named why you SHOULD join red. Both sides should want the other to thrive in one way or another or it's gonna be no fun. You don't have to switch sides, but, when it's so bad like this let the reds farm, let the reds get some items if you continue to put down the other faction then you're just not gonna have any OWPVP

On 2016/1/30 at 11:58 AM, Mishi said:

Faction balancing is working, it's just the bots and goldsellers are the one who fill the slots to make both even

Got to experience this myself for the first time today.

Literally blues teleport in all at once, wreck anyone doing OPPVP things in the Misty Woods zone, then camp them on the cliff next to their spawn and try to pull them off with abilities.

This is fun for blues?

On 1/30/2016 at 2:01 AM, Foehammer said:

OWPvP is the best kind of PvP hands down imo because of the randomness that occurs. It is a lot more thrilling knowing that you could be attacked at any moment or you defend yourself from a gank and kill the guy who tried it. 

I've always loved OWPvP too, but you're kind of shoving a square peg into a round hole.  This game has designed a 1v1 experience that, in my opinion, no other MMO provides.  Its arena is unique in the sense that it isn't, also my opinion, complete garbage, especially from a 1v1 perspective.  The PvE I'll hold judgment on until more dungeons and Mushin's Tower release, but it's been fun so far (for me).

I just think OWPvP was tacked on as some extra entertainment and a way to get you to talk to your faction.

They have a lot of work to do if they want to turn anything in this game into an enriching OWPvP experience, because the players themselves can't be trusted to organize their own fun.  I just don't want people to go setting their expectations for what the game provides, when it doesn't advertise that it really provides anything deep or complex for OWPvP.  Just the ability to fight one another in the open world.  Unless, of course, I missed some marketing somewhere.

On Ebon Hall it was kinda balanced yesterday ... Blue had  CH 1 , 2 and 3  and CH 4 , 5 nice and even and CH 6 , 7 , 8 were Red, and why am I saying this ? it's because last night we did WB and Terror and the other WB next to him... this started on CH 8.. we did the WB.. then moved to CH 4. and did Terror because far to many resets on CH 8 .. ( noobs pulling him to far ) ... and after we finished him.. people wanted to start on WB on CH 4.... but I was to tired to do it again.. and I was dissapointed I didn't get a key to open the chest .. so *cricket* it ^_^

On 1/31/2016 at 1:30 PM, elliv said:

Faction balancing is working, it's just the bots and goldsellers are the one who fill the slots to make both even

While I hope it is, I do know some were able to join Cerulean while it was marked "Full" and Crimson "recruiting" this past weekend. 

Archived