New Patch Support/Fix Thread!

Hirokage

Just now, Soragami said:

I also can't seem to get in anymore. Started to try any combination of Razer on/off, file repairs, deleting GameGuard folder, but nothing seems to help.

Every patch seems to break the game more than fixing it.

It was perfectly stable during Alpha & Beta and now everything's going down the drain...

I'm the same way. My issue at first was having the chroma keyboard option on during release. After I turned that off, I've never had ANY issues with the game :/

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My suggestion is to remove your synapse from program removal, re-download and re-install. Make sure you run the updates on that as well.

As I said before, I ran the game for about an hour with Razer Synapse running, then eventually came to a crash. Ever since then I have turned off synapse and am experiencing no crashes for the last 4 hours.

Sorry to sound like a broken record, but just try doing one step at a time and see if your problem gets any better.

I mainly think that it's an issue with the GameGuard and the Razer components/software. The "y/n" value doesn't really seem to make much of a difference (for me at least, I've played with the option both on and off, not experiencing crashes because of it.)

i have NO RAZR components or software and am getting the same crashes as evryone else. I can't even get into the game past the initial BnS logo in windows.  This is day 3 of 4 this week i'm spending more hours troubleshooting and waiting than actually playing. 

They can release new pretty wardrobe and hair wigs on the store but they care not about ppl being able to log on all week. 

Its typical corporate greed.  all about the $$$$$$. 

9 minutes ago, Sh0tcalla` said:

i have NO RAZR components or software and am getting the same crashes as evryone else. I can't even get into the game past the initial BnS logo in windows.  This is day 3 of 4 this week i'm spending more hours troubleshooting and waiting than actually playing. 

They can release new pretty wardrobe and hair wigs on the store but they care not about ppl being able to log on all week. 

Its typical corporate greed.  all about the $$$$$$. 

Make sure you still do the .xml file edit in My Documents. This fix must be done for everyone, it was even quoted in other posts by NCSoft reps. Even people without the Razer hardware/software are supposed to do it. I think it's edited in on their end.

6 minutes ago, Hirokage said:

Make sure your drivers/synapse is 100% up to date when you guys are running all these things. Drivers cause crashes like nobody's business and it can seriously detriment the ability to narrow down what is going wrong.

what do you mean with synapse 100% up , they told me to close all the razer driver and i do it

Just now, Nocht said:

what do you mean with synapse 100% up , they told me to close all the razer driver and i do it

Up-to-date. Meaning ensure it runs the latest version. Also, to address what you're saying as well: I also run Synapse 100% of the time while launching/playing BnS and have no issues/conflicts with the client because of it. Synapse is not a problem for me, or anyone else that I've heard play.

Managed to get in game.

Ran a dungeon. Killed something, instacrash.

I think I'm ready to quit the game unless NCsoft stops being such an unprofessional company and suggest we uninstall things and actually make things compatible with the game lol.

11 minutes ago, Renivere said:

Managed to get in game.

Ran a dungeon. Killed something, instacrash.

I think I'm ready to quit the game unless NCsoft stops being such an unprofessional company and suggest we uninstall things and actually make things compatible with the game lol.

Did you remember to disable the programs? Once the game started successfully?

Just now, Hirokage said:

Did you remember to disable the programs? Once the game started successfully?

Yes.

Disabled all the razer services, uninstalled synapse and still crashed in game.

Waiting for a support ticket reply atm but I feel like I know what they'll say already.

Just now, Renivere said:

Yes.

Waiting for a support ticket reply atm but I feel like I know what they'll say already.

Ugh, freakin' ridiculous. I don't understand how this even happened. I forgot to mention that I've played the Chinese client and I had no problems. Connected from the same rig I have now. No changes, minus Windows 10. Clearly that isn't the issue, though. I guess everything is on their side, we'll have to wait and see what happens I guess.

Just now, Renivere said:

Yes.

So the order in which you did things should have looked like this...

1. Uninstall Synapse

2. Reinstall Synapse

3. Run Synapse Updates

4. Check your services to make sure they are no longer disabled

5. Go edit your XML document back to a 'n' value

6. Close windows and launch game. After you have successfully logged in past character selection, you can then kill your tasks/disable your services.

Just now, Hirokage said:

Ugh, freakin' ridiculous. I don't understand how this even happened. I forgot to mention that I've played the Chinese client and I had no problems. Connected from the same rig I have now. No changes, minus Windows 10. Clearly that isn't the issue, though. I guess everything is on their side, we'll have to wait and see what happens I guess.

I messaged their operations team on twitter and basically just told me to send support ticket and that they'll do nothing about it nor even acknowledge that the issue is on their side :/

They just keep pushing it onto us claiming it's our specs/software/antivirus/windows version etc :/ 

7 minutes ago, Renivere said:

I messaged their operations team on twitter and basically just told me to send support ticket and that they'll do nothing about it nor even acknowledge that the issue is on their side :/

They just keep pushing it onto us claiming it's our specs/software/antivirus/windows version etc :/ 

If you've done everything correctly, and you did everything the way Snoops said... There's really nothing you can do but continue to maybe try to get lucky with the client and get logged in, or simply wait out your ticket and play some other games. Sorry to hear you can't play, but hey. At least you aren't one of the people that got wrongfully banned for services on their computer. Also, some people have had their entire accounts wiped. All characters gone, all purchase history transactions deleted. It's weird. But who knows.

1 minute ago, Hirokage said:

If you've done everything correctly, and you did everything the way Snoops said... There's really nothing you can do but continue to maybe try to get lucky with the client and get logged in, or simply wait out your ticket and play some other games. Sorry to hear you can't play, but hey. At least you aren't one of the people that got wrongfully banned for services on their computer. Also, some people have had their entire accounts wiped. All characters gone, all purchase history transactions deleted. It's weird. But who knows.

I've been able to log in since I fixed what was happening earlier.

It's the crashing that's been driving me crazy. I'm trying to do my dailies but when we start fighting, my client stops responding and just freezes. I've lowered my graphic settings though I shouldn't have to since I have a custom built gaming PC, but it doesn't seem to be helping.

7 minutes ago, Renivere said:

I've been able to log in since I fixed what was happening earlier.

It's the crashing that's been driving me crazy. I'm trying to do my dailies but when we start fighting, my client stops responding and just freezes. I've lowered my graphic settings though I shouldn't have to since I have a custom built gaming PC, but it doesn't seem to be helping.

I had crashes earlier last week even while not running the Razer services. I have a 780 Superclock with 3GB of VRAM. Also custom built PC here. What you might want to try is lowering all top settings MINUS textures and SFX on yourself. (You know, to keep YOU at least looking as sexy as possible). That worked for me.

10 minutes ago, vivec1658 said:

i opened a ticket and explained the issue and how the community is having to try and resolve this themselves since they wouldnt help. i linked this thread in the ticket as well.

Hey thanks for using this thread as proof, I was going to do the same. Glad you used my idea. :)

This needs to be sticky'd. This helped me with my framedrop issue and my current crashing while playing issue. I can confirm this worked for me.

I've been playing for 4hrs straight since I tried it and even before the latest patch I would get framedrops and sometimes crash.

OP and the people involved in this finding should be gifted ncoins!

Just now, vivec1658 said:

not a problem, thank you for trying to help resolve this issue when the creators wont do it themselves.

Yep, no problem. I do a lot of tech support for friends and stuff. Finding the answers can be fun. I don't get frustrated very easily with tech stuff. I just find it interesting I guess. Though these issues, for the most part, are almost entirely out of the players' control at this point. Hardware/Software are having conflicting interests with the game. What I do know is that the Blade and Soul EXE is stable. The game itself is fine. What I think is that they are using GameGuard and need to drop it entirely. Perhaps try a different form of protection, maybe hire some in-game moderation. If anyone knows how to locate and read the ERROR files that are created when they're "sent" to NCSoft during a crash. Let us know here. I'd love to be able to look through some of the crashes and MAYBE find an issue.

Archived