New Patch Support/Fix Thread!

Hirokage

15 minutes ago, Peypey said:

What I did was disable the Razer Game Service and have only the Razer SDK running. I'm able to get in the game and don't foresee any future issues.

yeah the easiest work around i have found, if you own Razer products. is to open the game as usual, enter your pin and before you join the server alt + tab, open the task manager go to services highlight croma sdk and right click, select stop. go back to the game tab, join server and enjoy not crashing.

ofcourse if your from the EU you cant access the game as it has issues atm. updates are here:-  ow.ly/XNTKj 

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/29/2016 at 1:08 AM, Hirokage said:

5. Ensure that the Razer SDK and GameScanner are running in the background.

Hi.

Can someone tell me how I could check if these are running in the background?

Ive gone through Applications, processes and services on task manager but Icant find it.

(Might be coz it aint there but I'd like to be sure I'm doing the right thing to check on it...)

Thanks in advance.

14 hours ago, Peypey said:

What I did was disable the Razer Game Service and have only the Razer SDK running. I'm able to get in the game and don't foresee any future issues.

Tested that myself, seemed to work for me too. so it seems like it is the Razer Game Service that may be causing the crashes?

Since disabling that but keeping Razer SDK running got me past the launcher and no crashes ingame as I've experienced.

Hello guys. I'll say everything I had to do in the last 15 days so you can know my strugle. I started the game jan 15th, with basic founder's pack. Installed the game, logged in and played for about 15 min, then the game crashed; it kept doing this for about 6 hours, I gave up and went sleep. The day after, I heard about the Razer programms conflicts, so I went Windows + R, msconfig, and unchecked all the "Razer something" boxes.
After I did that, the game ran smothly until they released the penultimate patch. At that time, I was left two options: If i didn't check the Razer programms boxes, the game would just don't log in; the pin page would never show. If I checked the razer boxes, the game would log in, but it would crash again at about 15 min, just like the first days of playing. 
The NCSoft suport told me to change the XML file, the chroma part, Y to N. I did it, the game ran again with no problem at all.
Then, to make me happy again, they released this new patch, and I'm stuck again with my lovely two options. I can either uncheck the razer boxes and don't log in, or check them and play for about 20 / 30 min before game crashes. And, to make it clear, the game crashes in 2 different ways: the screen freezes eternally, I have to alt + tab to manually close it, OR i get the white board error (BnS has encountered and error and bla bla bla)

And that is only the "game itself" kind of a problem, I'm not even complaining about the disconect error I'm getting on and on (pehaps its a WTFast fault)

SO, WHAT I DID SO FAR: I already re-installed the game, deleted the gameguard folder, prayed, etc. About razer things, I'm checking them so I can log in into the game, and after 5/10 min logged in, I go again Windows + R, msconfig and uncheck them. But its really annoying being able to play no more than 30 min each session.  I already tried log in with and without WTFast, it didn't change the outcome. Can someone help me? And btw, sorry for bad english, I'm not a native speaker

Hi Bobzao. My experience has completely mirrored yours. I am at my wits end... I hate not being able to complete dungeons the  most as I need the gear from it to progress at this point. I often look at my task manager to make sure everything is off, but SDK, and still I crash at 15-20 minute margin.

I'm running Windows 7, and have never had this much trouble running a game. Even dragon age inquisition had crashes that were easier to fix than this... And I got the founder's pack, which feels like a waste. I seriously hope they give us something in return for these issues...

I have been following this thread like a hawk, and have done everything. Each different suggestion has not given results. Which goes to prove that this isn't strictly a razer issue. If anyone has advice not related to razer on this, I would so appreciate. I have tried experimenting myself, and no luck.

Thanks in advance.

On 29.1.2016 at 6:08 PM, Hirokage said:

Using other threads as a source of information and testing things using other people's rigs and my own. I've come to some conclusions on fixes with today's patch.

1. You can only launch the game with Razer SDK and Razer GameScanner RUNNING.

2. Edit your XML File to disable the Chroma Keyboard settings. I believe EVERYONE has to do this. Weird, I know

• To do this, first navigate to “MyDocuments\BnS\NCWEST”
  • Once in the NCWEST folder you should see the ClientConfiguration
  • Right click the ClientConfiguration file and select Edit
  • After selecting Edit you need to locate the following line <option name='use-chroma-keyboard' value='y'/>
  • Change the value from Y to N and then Save and Close.

3. Delete your GameGuard folder and repair your files.

4. Restart your PC

5. Ensure that the Razer SDK and GameScanner are running in the background. Start the game. It SHOULD work. If you get any error (4049) be sure to just delete your GameGuard folder and restart the game. Should work fine.

6. Turn off the Razer SDK and GameScanner services once in-game. They still crash the client during use.

PLEASE BE AWARE AS FAR AS I KNOW, RAZER SYNAPSE HAS NO PROBLEMS WITH THE GAME CLIENT

This is a collaborative effort achieved through many forum users across the board. Any other issues, please post them here, hopefully support will take a look at this.

UPDATE: Faction Chat, Region Chat, and pretty much any form of area-wide chat system is currently seemingly disabled in-game.

UPDATE 2: I have been logged in for a few hours. No issues. Done PvP which usually crashes while the services run. Reminder, they are not running. Done dungeons. I'm good as of now.

UPDATE 3 10:16 PM EST 1/29/16: Alright, guys. This post, from this point on is going to pertain almost 100% towards Razer users. I'm saying this because, it seems that many of the issues with the crashes appear to be from many of the different hardware/software configurations and how the NC West devs appear to have routed everything on their blacklist to work with our clients. Basically... they blacklist stuff we can't use, but in code, you have to understand that can be easy to break, and hard to find the fix. For most Razer users, as of the patch recent to this post... this has fixed the issues of about 90% of the people going on this forum. Many people without Razer hardware/software, I cannot really help you. Any crashes caused after a file repair, Game Guard folder delete (error 4049), full and fresh install... there's nothing I can do, or even think. Besides drivers being up to date. Though if your drivers aren't up to date, well, you need to fix that on your own.

TL;DR This thread contains information on how to solve the latest patch issues, and is still live until replies stop happening. Take the initial instructions and follow them verbatim. If that doesn't work, not much I can do for you. Ensure drivers are up to date. This almost entirely pertains to users with Razer hard/software. Others that crash after following what instructions from this post you can, I am sorry but the rest is up to NCSoft. If anyone learns how to read bug reports, or can add any useful information not yet posted in the thread, please post it. Thank you!

Hey, first of all: thank you Hirokage, ur post helped a lot and my B&S worked for a day. But second: today i started my PC and wanted to play and it crashed, always when the starting logo appeared, i looked into my Task Manager and Razer SDK and GameScanner where not running, so could you somehow explain me how to start them again?

would be really awesome 

thanks

Zahara and other razer users, I may be able to help you. I was following this other topic on the forum for non razer users, and Snoopswogie suggested something I tried and it worked, so far. I uninstalled the Razer SDK thing at Control Painel and restarted the computer. I got to play for 85 min without crashes, until I had to go in the market get some groceries and closed the game so my GPU could rest a lil bit. I`ll relog in now and see how much time can I play again without crashes.

Here`s the topic

23 hours ago, Cephenrene said:

Hi.

Can someone tell me how I could check if these are running in the background?

Ive gone through Applications, processes and services on task manager but Icant find it.

(Might be coz it aint there but I'd like to be sure I'm doing the right thing to check on it...)

Thanks in advance.

No one's answered yet :(

Or maybe I didn't notice?

I'm sorry, a lil help please?

Thank you ^-^

12 hours ago, Cephenrene said:

No one's answered yet :(

Or maybe I didn't notice?

I'm sorry, a lil help please?

Thank you ^-^

You can find it here (sorry for the danish):

LU0rJea.png

Its the task mannager if you couldnt guess that, go to "Services" I belive, hit the button that I marked.

YeBtq5p.png

It'll take you to this, find the razer stuff and rightclick, and "stop" or "start".

Dont know if the new patch fixed this, but here's a way to check up on it anyways =)

I found a temporary solution to fix the crashing without having to close the services after entering the game.

You gotta uninstall the Razer Chroma SDK (found in the folder you installed your Razer software, just use the uninstall.exe)

Then go to documents into the folder "BnS", search for chroma in the config file (ctrl + f) and change the 'y' to 'n'.

Before I couldn't even start the game without it crashing. As a temporary fix, if you wanna play, it works.

I would like to point out to all the people having issues. This thread was just a compilation of fixes that ended up working for the majority of people that seemed to be reading. What I have noticed personally is that I have to RUN and KEEP RUNNING Razer SDK just to get my game to start. Once the game successfully launches, I just stop it while in game.  If for any reason I crash in game(Which I haven't), I will just start up SDK again and then restart my game, works fine so far.

Well my game crashes still done ever thing but buy a new computer ...From patch deleted game 3 times installed 3 times ,going to see if this next patch fix it on the 10th if not giving up on it, well iv  given up a week back lol...just try to log on ever day and their she goes crashes lol..O well BDO out on CBT next week so that's where i am going...

• 3 weeks later...

I got first time since playing this error spend hour trying fix it by other people post, when I was about give up and do restore I thought about what I just downloaded. AMD Gaming evolve, guessing new thing  they trying for different kind of games. When I exit that my errors stop, guessing anything kinda like that I would exit.

Archived