New Patch Support/Fix Thread!

Hirokage

Using other threads as a source of information and testing things using other people's rigs and my own. I've come to some conclusions on fixes with today's patch.

1. You can only launch the game with Razer SDK and Razer GameScanner RUNNING.

2. Edit your XML File to disable the Chroma Keyboard settings. I believe EVERYONE has to do this. Weird, I know

• To do this, first navigate to “MyDocuments\BnS\NCWEST”
  • Once in the NCWEST folder you should see the ClientConfiguration
  • Right click the ClientConfiguration file and select Edit
  • After selecting Edit you need to locate the following line <option name='use-chroma-keyboard' value='y'/>
  • Change the value from Y to N and then Save and Close.

3. Delete your GameGuard folder and repair your files.

4. Restart your PC

5. Ensure that the Razer SDK and GameScanner are running in the background. Start the game. It SHOULD work. If you get any error (4049) be sure to just delete your GameGuard folder and restart the game. Should work fine.

6. Turn off the Razer SDK and GameScanner services once in-game. They still crash the client during use.

PLEASE BE AWARE AS FAR AS I KNOW, RAZER SYNAPSE HAS NO PROBLEMS WITH THE GAME CLIENT

This is a collaborative effort achieved through many forum users across the board. Any other issues, please post them here, hopefully support will take a look at this.

UPDATE: Faction Chat, Region Chat, and pretty much any form of area-wide chat system is currently seemingly disabled in-game.

UPDATE 2: I have been logged in for a few hours. No issues. Done PvP which usually crashes while the services run. Reminder, they are not running. Done dungeons. I'm good as of now.

UPDATE 3 10:16 PM EST 1/29/16: Alright, guys. This post, from this point on is going to pertain almost 100% towards Razer users. I'm saying this because, it seems that many of the issues with the crashes appear to be from many of the different hardware/software configurations and how the NC West devs appear to have routed everything on their blacklist to work with our clients. Basically... they blacklist stuff we can't use, but in code, you have to understand that can be easy to break, and hard to find the fix. For most Razer users, as of the patch recent to this post... this has fixed the issues of about 90% of the people going on this forum. Many people without Razer hardware/software, I cannot really help you. Any crashes caused after a file repair, Game Guard folder delete (error 4049), full and fresh install... there's nothing I can do, or even think. Besides drivers being up to date. Though if your drivers aren't up to date, well, you need to fix that on your own.

TL;DR This thread contains information on how to solve the latest patch issues, and is still live until replies stop happening. Take the initial instructions and follow them verbatim. If that doesn't work, not much I can do for you. Ensure drivers are up to date. This almost entirely pertains to users with Razer hard/software. Others that crash after following what instructions from this post you can, I am sorry but the rest is up to NCSoft. If anyone learns how to read bug reports, or can add any useful information not yet posted in the thread, please post it. Thank you!

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Redoutable said:

I did everything you told, when I play, at a random time, the game starts being laggy, I have fps drops until it finally crashes. Any idea ?

Can't think as to why that would be happening. Ensure your graphics drivers for either AMD or Nvidia are up-to-date via your Catalyst Control Center on AMD (if they still use that these days) or GeForce Experience on Nvidia. Other than that, I don't have a clue.

1 minute ago, Redoutable said:

I did everything you told, when I play, at a random time, the game starts being laggy, I have fps drops until it finally crashes. Any idea ?

Search for lag or fps. Someone recently did a fix for it and it worked for that issue.

Just wanted to put my experience in here.

I started out by uninstalling my Razer Synapse and reinstalling (this is probably not necessary).

After that I deleted my GameGuard folder contents located in C:\Program Files (x86)\NCSOFT\BnS\bin\GameGuard.

Next, I ran the repair for the NCSoft for the GameGuard. I also had a look at my services to make sure all of the Razer services are re-enabled. I went into My Documents\BnS\NCWEST\ and clicked "Edit" on the Client Configuration and changed the value of my Chroma option back to a 'y'.

I then fired up the game after a system reboot, and I am now inside, no client crash.

For those of you who were not affected by the Razer Chroma patch and do not own any Razer hardware, I would suggest clearing your GameGuard folder and running the repair first.

Update: Been logged in for roughly 30 mins and have moved to multiple zones and done a few quests. I have all my Razer services enabled and running still. No crashes yet.

Update #2: Finally crashed after about an hour of being logged in. All services still running. It was when an area boss spawned. Going to mess around with the programs a bit more.

Side Note: Decided to get rid of Razer Synapse this time, but kept Razer GameScanner Service and Razer Chroma SDK Service running. Seems to helped out with my fps issue I've been having.

12 minutes ago, Lauryn said:

Search for lag or fps. Someone recently did a fix for it and it worked for that issue.

I can't find any fix for this anywhere, my Nvidia drivers are up to date and I'm using a GTX 970. I'm talking to tech support about it but so far all they've done is tell me to update my drivers. 

8 minutes ago, 873125_1452550405 said:

man stop spamming crap ... before the update we dont have any problems with razer products just disable chroma keyboard and all done...and after update the crashes came back ...this is not a fix ..stop post something we know

Hey guys stop posting things this guy knows!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CZa-bMCUYAA2pio.png:large

If any of use get this after updating the game. What I have found that might help is to try running the NCUpdateHelper.exe (C:\Program Files (x86)\NCWest\NCLauncher\NCUpdateHelper.exe) and letting it pop up some invalid error. Suddenly the client goes past the blade and soul logo and into the game. 

Got the same error while playing for a few minutes though.

30 minutes ago, Redoutable said:

This is probably due to overload on their part. The game becomes laggy when you've loaded more and more of the map, sometimes resulting in crash.

3 minutes ago, AxzerioN said:

This is probably due to overload on their part. The game becomes laggy when you've loaded more and more of the map, sometimes resulting in crash.

Hmm I played 2 entire days perfectly and now my pc can't handle 3 minutes of playing ? :s

6 minutes ago, Redoutable said:

Hmm I played 2 entire days perfectly and now my pc can't handle 3 minutes of playing ? :s

Ah, no. Nothing wrong with your computer itself. It's a fault in the game. A thing MMORPG's usually have. You know the more area you explore, the more laggy the game becomes. Blade and Soul has tried to play around this by making different areas. Which is the reason for the loading you experience when going to a new area. The game becomes more unstable after updates due to more stuff being added and lag then comes. This usually gets fixed after a update.

So TL;DR: Your computer has nothing to do with it, it's a fault in their system.

Archived