Disappointed with Hongmoon store

wishery7

I totally agree the idea of account bound costumes in Hangmoon Store. It become more ridicilious when they put some time limited costume (holly jolly, etc) which means that buy these cool costumes for every character because you wont see them again for a long time. I mean it is nonsense. And premium membership became waste of money for me because it just increases the xp rate which means i will spent less time on leveling but more time on low drop rate cosmetics. In that case i would rather to have increased drop rates other than xp boots, we can be 45 with completing all the quests anyway. There are already few benefits of the premium membership and i dont think they will be able to sell it in the future because they are not usefull like wardrobe which just allows us to carry our overpriced costumes or impossible to drop ones (so there will be few we can use warehouse).

Just now, wishery7 said:

Ok but here is the thing. Blade and Soul is a F2P game which needs money from a small percentage of its players to fund its continued expansions and content growth. So trying to down play this is stupid. The people who spend their money to support the devs and game should get a fair system. This system isnt fair, and who is complaining about pay to win? This is about the massive rip off BnS/NCSOFT has going on. 

See? You arnt getting it.

Its not that they need money.

Its that you need the costumes.

Its a sellers market, and if you dont like it you can shop elsewhere. You DO see how ridiculous you are being right now right?

"Im going to make the decision to go to a jewelry store, know the diamonds value, complain and say im leaving the jewelry store if they don't make the price what I think it should be, and then go complain to the local news station about it" GUESS WHAT JACKELOPE - diamonds are worthless, and so are these costumes. The utter stupidity is so mind numbing to me.

4 minutes ago, Artifact said:

I just wish they would get the wardrobe system right and  that would fix everything. Have people add costumes to the wardrobe and make it account wide so they can just go to their wardrobes on any character and pull out a costume they like. How hard is this to implement? The item they are talking about is probably the re-seal cash shop thing to make untradable items tradable. I hope it's not it because that won't make people happy.

Thats what im saying lol! It would make buying costumes more encouraging. I don't spend my money up on this game anymore after putting this all together. People are here afraid to spend their cash because the cash that you spend can ultimately make you spend even more cash (a customer might spend money on costumes on his toon(s) then suddenly finds out bought costumes cannot be traded between players or your own toons then that customers is forced to either delete his money (*cough* i mean toon) or spend more money so he/she doesnt feel like they wasted their cash for those few expensive items. Those few expensive items make really slow things down and make you think afetr a second. And seeing that 800 NCOIN costumes are gonna be low quality yet expensive is reallyyy... I haven't really elaborated on what im trying to convey because i'm tired and im trying to keep this short, but a game like blade and soul should encourage players to buy their stuff.

If a friend ask me "if i spend money on this 15 dollar costume could i transfer it over to my other toon" I have to say "Nope." I wonder what he/she will say... 

8 minutes ago, Kinky Angel said:

I totally agree the idea of account bound costumes in Hangmoon Store. It become more ridicilious when they put some time limited costume (holly jolly, etc) which means that buy these cool costumes for every character because you wont see them again for a long time. I mean it is nonsense. And premium membership became waste of money for me because it just increases the xp rate which means i will spent less time on leveling but more time on low drop rate cosmetics. In that case i would rather to have increased drop rates other than xp boots, we can be 45 with completing all the quests anyway. There are already few benefits of the premium membership and i dont think they will be able to sell it in the future because they are not usefull like wardrobe which just allows us to carry our overpriced costumes or impossible to drop ones (so there will be few we can use warehouse).

Nice for spotting another problem! That increased xp makes you level up quick and eventually those players will end up spending their time grinding the same mobs for many hours or days to do a small upgrade... Or that massive amount of time could be thwarted with 5 dollars (yes over spending) to get that 80 ncoin key.. So i guess money is worth considerably more than the players time and enjoyment. They should have made BnS subscription based if they are gonna pull crap like this. This game is beautiful but i stopped playing to think about the commitment i would have put or give in to the cash shop which is stupidly made in favor of profits. Dota doesnt make me feel like this. As a matter of fact dota added in ways players could get things they wanted and made their chest a bit fair. Before opening chests was random, now for every open chest you get an item that you never received from it before. They aren't basing nearly every aspect of the game around their microtransactions and look how freaking massive that game got and the profits they are making. They aren't stupid valve knows how to make a free 2 play game and make amazing profits without making players feel bad about their purchases. Because those items stay with you, can be traded/sold away, etc. NCSOFT should take a quick look the west and see look at what platform most players come from and how successful valve creates their F2P games.

21 minutes ago, KaitoJame said:

i'm from Tera EU.

do you know a costume or a mount can cost 200 euros there?

here im celebrating and buying costumes like crazy!

If you can't transfer those costumes and mounts than no wonder why the game is dying/dead.  WoW is amazing because the shit i bought in their cash shop stayed with all of my toons. If a WoW player comes in here and buys stuff they are gonna wonder why this game which is a competitor doesnt allow them to transfer their bought stuff between characters like they could in WoW and nearly every MMO game i have played does this at least the successful ones..

All im gonna say is if they prefer to put over priced crap in their store they should make those items more accessible. If they didnt charge me up the ass for the costumes i wouldnt be complaining! 5-7 bucks i wouldnt mind spending on for a CHARACTER BOUND ITEM. But these things in the cash shop are not cheap like that. So why are putting this tasteless restrictions on them?

I swear to god NCSOFT should hire me, i bet i could increase their profits by encouraging players to buy their crap by ensuring the money they spend will surely benefit them. Especially because all of the costumes right now except for one is over 15 dollars to buy... 15 dollars for one costume which cannot be transferred to your other toons. Holiday costumes are also a big F U. because those are also character bound. So the only item you get that is account bound is that 124 dollar pack? And its only for one... hahahaha lets see how long me and my friend last before we ditch this game for Black Desert especially if they do microtransactions the right way.

The devs for BnS don't care though. Especially knowing how shaky the mmo market in the west is.... A lot of people who play BnS are waiting for Black Desert and if they do everything right your gonna lose a lot of players and BnS will become another AION/TERA. Lets see the next batch of costumes. How much do ya'll want to bet it's gonna cost 15 bucks to get one of them (can only buy NCOINS in increments). 

37 minutes ago, Cron said:

At least the store isnt entirely pay to win.. man people will complain about literally anything.

Costume is just a character skin. If you value a character skin to the point where you want to come on here and complain that its too expensive, there are three things Id like to point out.

1. The company is doing its job by making you think its desirable... (moron)

2. You are in conflict because you obviously have a number in your head as to what you would want to pay... (moron)

3. You are contemplating quitting a pvp/pve game based on your inability to cheaply acquire its character art.. (moron)

In all three points you come out looking pretty stupid. While I appreciate you being premium and not being one of the dozens of thousands of  f2p cockroaches taking up game space, i will just say this. It could be pay to win, and you shouldn't be threatening to quit because of overpriced art. Or do quit, what do i care. 

It is a bit aggresive language for unreasanble response. First of all if you dont buy anything from the hangmoon store why do you even critize people harsly who buys it. It is a game and we are free to do whatever we want because we try to have some fun, it can be just playing game and buying nothing or it can be buying cosmetic products (like buying luxury items).

Secondly in liberal system which ncsoft organizes, public demands determines the cost of a product so we can criticize the prices its our natural rights.

Thridly how do you think this game will be alive and f2p in the same sense through times, ofc thanks to the consumption. Lets say we stopped buying premium membership, and the majorty stopped also because of the inconvinient. What they are going to do you say? They ofc have different options. They can listen us and apply according to consumer reaction or they can implement some other benefits such stat improvements, etc. And dont say it wont happen because it actually did in AION which is also another game of NCsoft.

1 minute ago, Kinky Angel said:

It is a bit aggresive language for unreasanble response. First of all if you dont buy anything from the hangmoon store why do you even critize people harsly who buys it. It is a game and we are free to do whatever we want because we try to have some fun, it can be just playing game and buying nothing or it can be buying cosmetic products (like buying luxury items).

Secondly in liberal system which ncsoft organizes, public demands determines the cost of a product so we can criticize the prices its our natural rights.

Thridly how do you think this game will be alive and f2p in the same sense through times, ofc thanks to the consumption. Lets say we stopped buying premium membership, and the majorty stopped also because of the inconvinient. What they are going to do you say? They ofc have different options. They can listen us and apply according to consumer reaction or they can implement some other benefits such stat improvements, etc. And dont say it wont happen because it actually did in AION which is also another game of NCsoft.

You pretty much can explain things 100x better than i can. Thank you so much!

This is exactly why I haven't bought any NCoins yet. I goof around casually as non-premium and wait to see what they'll do with the game, so the crashing client, spam-infested channels and surprise maintenances don't really bother me. If and when they get things sorted out, I'll be around and ready to pay for my entertainment. If not, I've played a fun game for free. Win-win for me no matter how it goes.

Charging what they're charging now for cosmetics would be overpriced but somewhat acceptable if all cash shop outfits were account-bound. Character-bound shop outfits is so ridiculously greedy it's bordering on obscenity. Having it like this reduces customers' willingess to play alts, which means less character slots sold. The current system also discourages buying outfits at all, because it's a terribly bad deal for the buyer. Sure, you'll get a few people who have a lot of money or very little common sense or both (and those who play only one character so it's a non-issue) and they'll buy the same outfit again and again. Are a few whales worth the game's reputation and the players' goodwill in the long run? The rush spenders buy to their hearts' content and eventually move on to the next new shiny game to spend their money.

Look at the OP. He's spent thousands of dollars on a F2P game, simply because he enjoyed it and felt like he was getting a good deal with the account unlocks. A faithful customer any company would be stupid to alienate by gouging for quick short-term profit. I'm the same: I'll gladly pay one-time fees for something I like. Thing is, I need to feel good about the purchase. If I feel like I'm getting my money's worth, I'll pay for things that amuse me. On the other hand, if I feel like the company is eagerly reaching for my wallet or twisting my arm for payment, I'll just take my business elsewhere. Right now the cash shop makes me want to take out the pepper spray, it's *that* bad. Fix it. Stop gouging. A year from now you'll be glad you did.

What they should do is allow the race to change to different classes (Thinking from FFXIV or PSO2 class swapping). Like Jin can switch to any of the classes within its race. I mean.. It would reduce the amount of costumes needing to be bought if you like how your character looks. I mean.. only thing needing to buy a new costume for is the classes that are race exclusive (gon destroyer, lyn summoner, etc.)

Only problem is how they would do that I guess...

On 1/29/2016 at 5:30 PM, TaruV said:

This is exactly why I haven't bought any NCoins yet. I goof around casually as non-premium and wait to see what they'll do with the game, so the crashing client, spam-infested channels and surprise maintenances don't really bother me. If and when they get things sorted out, I'll be around and ready to pay for my entertainment. If not, I've played a fun game for free. Win-win for me no matter how it goes.

Charging what they're charging now for cosmetics would be overpriced but somewhat acceptable if all cash shop outfits were account-bound. Character-bound shop outfits is so ridiculously greedy it's bordering on obscenity. Having it like this reduces customers' willingess to play alts, which means less character slots sold. The current system also discourages buying outfits at all, because it's a terribly bad deal for the buyer. Sure, you'll get a few people who have a lot of money or very little common sense or both (and those who play only one character so it's a non-issue) and they'll buy the same outfit again and again. Are a few whales worth the game's reputation and the players' goodwill in the long run? The rush spenders buy to their hearts' content and eventually move on to the next new shiny game to spend their money.

Look at the OP. He's spent thousands of dollars on a F2P game, simply because he enjoyed it and felt like he was getting a good deal with the account unlocks. A faithful customer any company would be stupid to alienate by gouging for quick short-term profit. I'm the same: I'll gladly pay one-time fees for something I like. Thing is, I need to feel good about the purchase. If I feel like I'm getting my money's worth, I'll pay for things that amuse me. On the other hand, if I feel like the company is eagerly reaching for my wallet or twisting my arm for payment, I'll just take my business elsewhere. Right now the cash shop makes me want to take out the pepper spray, it's *that* bad. Fix it. Stop gouging. A year from now you'll be glad you did.

yea selling expensive items and they arent account bound really does encourage the usage of the hongmoon store haha

Faishana, if they did that, extra character slots wouldn't sell. The idea isn't bad, but very unlikely to happen here since it would work against the monetization setup.

That's not a criticism, by the way... I feel the character slots are both reasonably priced and good value.

13 hours ago, TaruV said:

Faishana, if they did that, extra character slots wouldn't sell. The idea isn't bad, but very unlikely to happen here since it would work against the monetization setup.

That's not a criticism, by the way... I feel the character slots are both reasonably priced and good value.

The fact that these paid expensive items are regarded as normal free items really frustrates me. I am paying for premium and spent serious cash! This is all wrong how paid items are treated. Very wrong...

Archived