Disappointed with Hongmoon store

wishery7

Ok, so... I think there is a problem here which legitimately needs to be addressed.

Hongmoon store only releases overpriced costumes. I see only one costume which cost 800 NCOINS. The rest require me to pay over 10-15 dollars (plus i get charged tax).

I can't transfer the items i spent my money on to another character. I spent 40 dollars on one character and i wanted to reroll with my friend who i am trying to get into BnS. However the last slot (2nd) is my lv 36 Kongfu master which i like more than my assassin which i spent my cash on. And it was either delete my assassin or kongfu master which both took up a considerable amount of time (because of crafting and upgrading gear). 

I have premium and there are no discounts for the overpriced costumes or the ability to freaking account bound bought costumes or share costumes with other characters through wardrobe? Honestly, just thinking about this is starting to turn me off. 

Once you buy a costume on a character it's either buy more slots or delete the money and time you spent on that character. So you are put in an ugly dilemma that looks awfully intentional. A lot of decisions in free base game seem like they took into consideration of the hongmoon store (transactions). 

This is coming from someone who plays dota... but the good news is, whatever i buy in dota stays in freakin account unless i sell that item or delete.

I'm thinking real hard if this game is worth continuing because it seems this game either requires you to buy items from the hongmoon store or waste your entire day trying to make a small gain (farmed for 3 hours for my deva gauntlet, and spent over 3-4 hours doing my FIRST CRAFTING RUN ON THE FIRST DAY). 

I don't have a problem with the hongmoon store as a feature, i actually encourage it, but the fact that there are barely any good clothes (i see ONLY one costume which is a copy and paste 800 NCOINs right now) that cost me 800NCOINS (11 bucks for me because of tax). Then if i want to try out another class or race i can't because then i have to spend even more money to open up slots. If you're not gonna allow us to transfer bought items to other characters than you might as well give everyone 3 SLOTs by default. 3 is more appropriate than 2 (remove 1 and you have 1 slot left..)

I'm just getting frustrated because BnS is starting to look like final fantasy 11 but with cash shop... Final fantasy 11 took a considerable amount of time to make small gains, but at least it wasn't made to make money from it. Putting a lot of obstacles and obstructions in favor of hongmoon store just looks bad to me. 

One more thing.. Premium members should be given a higher drop rate for costumes or wheel of fate weapons so we dont have to waste our premium time grinding the same mob for hours and maintenance time. 

/RANT

2 minutes ago, bug said:

Are you complaining that in a free game it takes time to grind fashion items and that items in the fashion store cost money???

It's a business you know...

Umm the point is made for people who spend money on this free game durp... I'm apart of the small percentage of players that spends money on microtrasnactions. Actually, it sounds like you didn't read anything.. just the title.

1 minute ago, wishery7 said:

Umm the point is made for people who spend money on this free game durp... I'm apart of the small percentage of players that spends money on microtrasnactions.

You don't HAVE to spend money though.

They charge what people will pay. And people are obviously paying. Wait for the gold to hongmoon coin system to show up, then you'll be able to buy stuff in the store with ingame currency.

1 minute ago, bug said:

They charge what people will pay. And people are obviously paying. Wait for the gold to hongmoon coin system to show up, then you'll be able to buy stuff in the store with ingame currency.

^ This so much

4 minutes ago, bug said:

Do you have reading comprehension problems? This is about discussing the mechanics of the hongmoon store. I have the right to address something that should be looked into. If im spending my cash on a virtual costume i should be able to transfer that over like hundreds of other F2P games. The use of the hongmoon store is disgusting, and if you read what i wrote you would see that i encouraged the use of microtransactions... just not the way they are doing it. Please don't reply if you still can't understand. 

Do you have comprehension problems? This is about discussing the mechanics of the hongmoon store. I have the right to address something that should be looked into. If im spending my cash on a virtual costume i should be able to transfer that over like hundreds of other F2P games. The use of the hongmoon store is disgusting, and if you read what i wrote you would see that i encouraged the use of microtransactions... just not the way they are doing it. Please don't reply if you still can't understand. 

They make more money if you have to buy a costume for every character. People will still do this. I know it sucks and I wish they'd change it but that's a decision they made.

I'd much rather pay premium price for a costume right out then spend 5 times more on shitty RNG boxes.

1 minute ago, bug said:

They make more money if you have to buy a costume for every character. People will still do this. I know it sucks and I wish they'd change it but that's a decision they made.

I'd much rather pay premium price for a costume right out then spend 5 times more on shitty RNG boxes.

Don't remind them about RNG boxes!!!! lol  I hate them so much.

6 minutes ago, bug said:

Ok now we are starting to understand each other.

I agree with premium price over RNG boxes, however, usually those RNG items stay in your account after you get them. In BnS if you buy a cool costume you basically can't delete that character or you are forced to buy more slots or just quit the game because you are tired of the few classes you spent your money and time on and are not interested in spending money over the requested amount (because NCOIN store only allows you to buy in increments so buying  NCOINS itself is its own little milker) to gain an additional slot. 

I just don't like how they overcharge us and give us these restrictions. That xp bonus is not gonna do anything with the poor drop rate on nearly all the items that are meant to be used... If i waste my day farming the same exact mob (which gives no xp) for many hours despite my premium bonus than im just wasting my time and money, not to mention the bundle of maintenance we had. Basically i dont feel like im getting my moneys worth.

I'm just stating what i think is wrong with the game. Only ONE 800 NCoin costume which is basically copy and paste from the free version just a different color. So 11 dollars doesnt get me anything really. And if i do take it upon myself to spend the kind of money they want from me i then can't delete that character or it would be like taking my money and setting it on fire, then sleeping on my free time stimulate the amount of time wasted.

If they just added the ability to use wardrobes between characters than i won't complain and would fully support BnS but at the moment i can't. And it sucks really bad that i wasnt fully aware of all of this (my fault). It would be far more appealing to spend money on something that i know i will keep on my account. 

I mean they are gonna keep on releasing costumes right? So there is no need to put these bad limitations on money spend costumes.  Or are is the hongmoon store going to be very limited in the content it can pump out? Good luck having a successful transaction store like dota with such horrid rules.

I spent thousands of dollars on dota (because i actually keep my items which i bought, i can trade them away whenever i feel like it). Dota was made in mind to really be f2p. They made it fun as heck for the sake of f2p and the micotransactions were taken into consideration with all of the games features like BnS. 

Want to evolve your weapon? Well cash shop is involved

Want to craft? Cash shop makes things much quicker and less frustrating

Cool clothing? Nope only low quality poor drop rate ones exist because cash shop.

Want items for upgrade? Well good luck you either buy it from shop, spend a lot of your money fighting party members over it, or buy from the gold sellers who spam 24/7 of every freaking second.

I can keep on going but im gonna stop here. My point is the game is eventually gonna start showing its true colors to players when they come across crap like this. I hope they didn't spend those many years figuring out how to restrict nearly every aspect of the game for profit. Good luck to your growing population (of bots).

Premium members should get a slight discount on store purchases. Even 10% would be nice. This would actually increase the amount of premium subscriptions and the amount of money we spend in the store.
Also it is bullshit that store purchases are character bound and not account bound. Even TERA had account bound items. Just make them slightly more expensive for versions that you can transfer them across all your characters.
It also sucks ass that there are race locked outfits on the store... I can't even wear 60% of them. So I couldn't give NCSOFT my money even if I wanted to! I swear NCSOFT has no idea what they are doing when it comes to business models. lol

10 minutes ago, Voretechz said:

Premium members should get a slight discount on store purchases. Even 10% would be nice. This would actually increase the amount of premium subscriptions and the amount of money we spend in the store. I swear NCSOFT has no idea what they are doing when it comes to business models. lol
Also it is bullshit that store purchases are character bound and not account bound. Even TERA had account bound items. Just make them slightly more expensive for versions that you can transfer them across all your characters.

Yes! Wardrobe should be something that makes people happy to spend their money on. I thought wardrobe would allow me to put my costumes which i have spent over 40 bucks on to my other characters. I'm not gonna *cricket*ing spend that money again for something i already have! It's like buying a cool shirt and then later on in life you give it to your little brother but oh wait the store wants another 20 bucks for that shirt which you already own, got bored of, and spent cash on. 

The items are virtual! There is no reason for double charging. If BNS is going to keep on releasing costumes/content then they should NOT RESTRICT PLAYERS IN THIS SORT OF FASHION. I can't believe this is a thing....

This isn't the good ol' hand milking either. It's more like a milking machine...

Yes! Wardrobe should be something that makes people happy to spend their money on. I thought wardrobe would allow me to put my costumes which i have spent over 40 bucks on to my other characters. I'm not gonna *cricket*ing spend that money again for something i already have! It's like buying a cool shirt and then later on in life you give it to your little brother but oh wait the store wants another 20 bucks for that shirt which you already own and spent cash on. 

The items are virtual! There is no reason for double charging. If BNS is going to keep on releasing costumes/content then they should NOT RESTRICT PLAYERS IN THIS SORT OF FASHION. I can't believe this is a thing....

I paid for premium for the wardrobe and I have outfits that cannot even go into it that could go into it on Taiwan. It is so broken. Also people have had their cash shop outfits disappearing from their wardrobes.... What a mess....

7 minutes ago, Voretechz said:

Premium members should get a slight discount on store purchases. Even 10% would be nice. This would actually increase the amount of premium subscriptions and the amount of money we spend in the store.
It also sucks ass that there are race locked outfits on the store... I can't even wear 60% of them. So I couldn't give NCSOFT my money even if I wanted to! I swear NCSOFT has no idea what they are doing when it comes to business models. lol

This is why I make sure I want that item on that character.  :p  I like the Custom Gangplank Hairstyle, but before I bought it, I made sure I wanted to use it on a character before buying it.

Still eyeing that secret agent outfit, but there is the daily route...

1 minute ago, Brand X said:

This is why I make sure I want that item on that character.  :p  I like the Custom Gangplank Hairstyle, but before I bought it, I made sure I wanted to use it on a character before buying it.

Still eyeing that secret agent outfit, but there is the daily route...

Yeah, as it sits you have to be very careful. I haven't purchased any outfits yet. But I really want the one Christmas one and a couple others... :P

2 minutes ago, Artifact said:

Also some of those costumes are easily accessible in game so they are also attempting to scam you. 

Thats why i said one of the costumes in the hongmoon store which is 11 dollars is copy and paste of a free item version just a different color... So basically 11 dollars isnt enough for a costume haha nor does the premium version make it cheaper for you. And my premium time has been wasted with grinding for gear and maintenance. Good show...

35 minutes ago, bug said:

They said something about making an item that you can buy to allow you to send outfits to other characters. Whether this is going to be useful or not is still to be seen. 

5 minutes ago, Cron said:

At least the store isnt entirely pay to win.. man people will complain about literally anything.

Costume is just a character skin. If you value a character skin to the point where you want to come on here and complain that its too expensive, there are three things Id like to point out.

1. The company is doing its job by making you think its desirable... (moron)

2. You are in conflict because you obviously have a number in your head as to what you would want to pay... (moron)

3. You are contemplating quitting a pvp/pve game based on your inability to cheaply acquire its character art.. (moron)

In all three points you come out looking pretty stupid. While I appreciate you being premium and not being one of the dozens of thousands of  f2p cockroaches taking up game space, i will just say this. It could be pay to win, and you shouldn't be threatening to quit because of overpriced art. Or do quit, what do i care. 

Ok but here is the thing. Blade and Soul is a F2P game which needs money from a small percentage of its players to fund its continued expansions and content growth. So trying to down play this is stupid. The people who spend their money to support the devs and game should get a fair system. This system isnt fair, and who is complaining about pay to win? This is about the massive rip off BnS/NCSOFT has going on. 

You're the moron for the tiny cranium of yours. Please quote where i'm talking about P2W? If people are spending their cash on this game they should be getting a fair trade. You idiot. 

And i really did hurt your monkey like feelings huh?

I just wish they would get the wardrobe system right and  that would fix everything. Have people add costumes to the wardrobe and make it account wide so they can just go to their wardrobes on any character and pull out a costume they like. How hard is this to implement? The item they are talking about is probably the re-seal cash shop thing to make untradable items tradable. I hope it's not it because that won't make people happy.

5 minutes ago, Voretechz said:

Yeah, as it sits you have to be very careful. I haven't purchased any outfits yet. But I really want the one Christmas one and a couple others... :P

I want that Spring Break (I believe is the name) outfit, that I can try on in character creator on a Jin.  That one I will buy, but for who (or maybe all) I don't know yet.

Archived